rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Shoes for walking a lot in the city

None of my shoes really cut it for walking a lot in an urban environment. Have any recommendations? They don't have to be too dressy but I do need some good arch support.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Look at both New Balance (they make some casual styles) and Rockport. Both companies have a legacy of respecting traditional last designs, and both offer most styles in different widths.

Bogs Eugene Chukka Leather. My current every day shoes, I have a mocha color pair for all day and a black color pair I changed into when I have a client meeting. They are sturdy. comfortable, and dressy enough to pull off a professional look in or outside the office.

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
— Robert Heinlein

I have a couple leather pairs of Dockers that are comfy and informal. Buy something leather that's non traditional (but not strange) with open lacing, or go with a monk/double monk strap, they usually straddle the line between nice but not too dressy pretty well. As for comfort, that's something you have to try in store with every particular shoe.

Just put some http://www.superfeet.com insole inside any shoe. Works great.

I also have some Cole Haan Lunagrands which work pretty well and can be a bit dressier. Quality has a lot to be desired though but you can get on sale pretty cheap.