rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Neil Strauss' new book 'Emergency'

Anyone pick up a copy? It's quite a page turner, one of those books you can't put it down. I'm about 80% through and I love it.

Mostly focuses on Neil's experience on being self-sufficient in many ways: living in wilderness, urban escape, getting a second passport, moving money abroad, etc, etc. Basically getting the fuck out in case (a) USA collapses like what happened in Katrina or (b) World collapses and you need to protect yourself chemical or biological warfare.

Might start a new following like what Game did.

Couple of thoughts from the book:
BTW, eventhough he's renowned as a pickup artist, Neil is pretty beta when it comes to dealing with his high maintenance gf.

I guess he and his cohorts have milked the PUA thing dry so he had to move on to some other money maker. Books like this do well in crisis times like this. I guess he's smart for cashing in on it.

Quote: (03-22-2009 07:48 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

I guess he and his cohorts have milked the PUA thing dry so he had to move on to some other money maker. Books like this do well in crisis times like this. I guess he's smart for cashing in on it.

Very true.

Don't mean to judge, but since we're all friends - from reading this book it seems Neil is one of the biggest pussies I've ever read about. I'm sure he's a modest, humble person but at least know how to handle your GF when it's past pickup!

I did like "Game" for research/educational purposes (ie books like Sperm Wars, etc are pretty cool). While being educational and thought provoking, I felt this back didn't have as much weight as Game did.

I shipped it back for a refund.

Is he superman? Living in the wilderness while running his pua empire?

I'll read this eventually, but what does he say about getting a second passport? I just got one myself.

Quote: (03-30-2009 12:39 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Superman, no. Beta, yes.

I'll read this eventually, but what does he say about getting a second passport? I just got one myself.
He bought some property in St. Kitts and they gave him papers.

Man that is a great book, the whole thing is pretty much my lifestyle now

[size=28pt]NOMAD MARKETING 101[/size]
Learn how to Travel and Live Around the World and Make Money at the Same time

I just bought it so I will let you guys know what I think... I have so many other books to read! ahh

Currently traveling around Asia come join me on the LS Blog.

Bolo and Latinstylez's Adventures

Might be an useful book, but other than that Neil Strauss just strikes me as this pompous attention whore. He's still compensating I guess... I hate the way he writes too.

Elguapo, you mentioned above that when you were 80 percent thru that you liked it, but you ended up shipping it back. How come you changed your feelings about the book? I will finally get to reading it now just finished Art of War!

Is anyone going to do a full breakdown of Emergency?

Currently traveling around Asia come join me on the LS Blog.

Bolo and Latinstylez's Adventures

Roosh, 9 years after you posted this post, I have to ask if you got Armenian or Iranian citizenship?

I don't know why more second generation immigrants don't get citizenship to their parents countries of birth if its available to them. It's always good to have options, but most second or third generation immigrants could care less.

Quote: (03-22-2009 07:48 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

2009 = crisis times, lol