rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

DC vs Houston, which one is worse?

Alright fellas,

Me and my good friend both have arguments back and forth of which city is worse. I live in the DC Area, he lives in Houston.

The Pros of DC:

+Variety of Bars and Clubs
+Variety of girls of almost every race
+Transportation is easy

The Cons of DC:

-Lack of 2-3 sets, alot of hard logistical situations.
-Girls don't really put out
-6s and above seem to think they're 9's. Its ironic as the few 9s i've seen in DC, they weren't stuck up or anything. They were actually easy going. Still a bitch to pull off with them though cuz of distractions.

The Pros of Houson:

+Alot of hot chicks
+Heard girls aren't as stuck up in DC but the lesser of two evils.
+Two other big cities with hot girls are only 3 hours away in opposite directions
+More pairs of 2-3 sets
+Most males are chumps there

the Cons:

-Alot of chicks are taken
-Girls seem to be bitchier in clubs
-Clubs and Bars spread out, have to drive everywhere

So for guys who've experienced both. Which one would you say is the worst of the two?

"+Two other big cities with hot girls are only 3 hours away in opposite directions"

You throw that one in for Houston, they you have to throw NYC in for DC.

Which of course would by definition make DC the hands down winner.

Quote: (08-30-2011 04:50 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

"+Two other big cities with hot girls are only 3 hours away in opposite directions"

Ehhh... DC ---> NYC is more of a 4-5 hr endeavor. Even with perfect traffic and speeding I highly doubt 3 hours.

What's the "other" city? Certainly not Philly or Baltimore?

(Sorry I'm kinda sick of DC).

Quote: (08-30-2011 05:00 PM)_DC_ Wrote:  

Ehhh... DC ---> NYC is more of a 4-5 hr endeavor. Even with perfect traffic and speeding I highly doubt 3 hours.

Less than 3 hours on a train.

Departs: 5:00 AM
Wed Aug 31 2011
Washington, DC - Union Station

Arrives: 7:42 AM
Wed Aug 31 2011
New York, NY - Penn

If you have NYC, you don't need "another city".

Is NYC really that good?! [Image: smile.gif] Should i go visit there this weekend? lol

Quote: (08-30-2011 05:10 PM)TheWolfHowls Wrote:  

Is NYC really that good?! [Image: smile.gif] Should i go visit there this weekend? lol

Serious or kidding?

Your friend is one of those "chumps" if he can't get ass here. Seriously, this city is so laid back and big with all types of girls/ethnicities. What a weird comparison.

I love NYC because there are hot women of every race, creed, national origin, religion, and degrees of freakiness. People may appear to be cold on the outside but are actually OK. Word of advice, don't hang out in Manhattan, get to the outer boroughs like Brooklyn and Queens. Plenty of hip out of the way spots to get your game on.

Quote: (08-30-2011 05:13 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Serious or kidding?
I'm flat out serious. I've never visited NYC in my life.

Quote: (08-30-2011 05:19 PM)TheWolfHowls Wrote:  

Serious or kidding?

Yeah.

Go.

It's easily the best city in America.

Maybe the world.

And it is one of only a very small handful (missing a thumb and index finger) of cities in America that are world class.

depends...

I'm bi-racial so my flavors skew different..(no offense)

If you like latina - Houston for sure
If you like black - DC absolutely shits on H-town..end of discussion
If you like Becky's - Houston shits on DC...I'll take a midwestern - texas girl over a DC/NOVAN any day
If you like Asian - DC absolutely shits on H-town...end of discussion
If you like Persian - H-town
If you like Indian - DC absolutely shits on H-town
If you like Nigerian - go get your fucking head examined...she stole your soc I gurantee...

Culture - DC dominates...ain't even close
Transportation - DC dominates...both have gawd awful traffick
Weather - Houston fucking sucks...mosquitoes the size of cats
Food - I would say Houston...although cat's are fat as shit in H-town..while dc has a culture of exercise...5-8 gyms are packed or ppl are walking dogs....

Houston slightly blows for minorities (difficult to get into quality clubs), but its probably not as bad as DC. Also alot of chicks in Houston really want to settle down, and chicks get married early so not much from 25-30. A friend from Chicago said Houston has a bunch of 18-23s and a bunch of divorced 30 year old checks [Image: idea.gif] but not much in the middle.

I learned from experience not to take the big $ in a shitty town. The time and effort to get away on weekends gets old real quick. And expensive. When you factor that cost in it evens out living in with a smaller salary in a city your happy in. Being happy 7 days a week is better than 2. It's all relative. With that being said:

I've been to both cities. Both offer big money for me in offshore and the defense industry. I choose neither.

id pick H-town due to all the latinas

Quote: (08-30-2011 05:04 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Less than 3 hours on a train.

Departs: 5:00 AM
Wed Aug 31 2011
Washington, DC - Union Station

Arrives: 7:42 AM
Wed Aug 31 2011
New York, NY - Penn

If you have NYC, you don't need "another city".

I've always completely ignored the train option. Every time I check, its $250-$300 for a reasonable round trip (e.g. not leaving at 3-4 am, and even then its at least $200). For this price you can fly and it only takes one hour.

A bus from DC to NYC is only like $40 round trip, but it takes about 5 hours or longer with traffic.

I'm guessing the OP considered the cities only 3 hours away b/c of driving, and doesn't want to dish out a grand a month in travels. If this was the case, you could fly to any city on the weekend once or twice a month.

Are you serious??? Obviously you've never been to Philly if you think it sucks. The girls are hand-down friendlier in the "city of brotherly love" than in DC and it is only 2 hours away by car. In DC I never, ever get approached by women no matter how sharp or friendly I look, that cannot be said for other city's like Bmore or Philly. Just positioning myself at a popular bar is enough to get DTF looks there.

I have said it many times and i'll say it again, the women in DC are some of the most stuck up bitches of any large city in USA. Even 5's here think they can push away "tall, well-dressed, handsome" guy's just because they might have some trait "missing". This is the reason why I love this forum so much, not only does it give us a place to rant but also teaches us about bigger/better places where we can travel and meet women we can relate to.

Quote: (08-30-2011 05:23 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Serious or kidding?

Yeah.

Go.

Maybe the world.

And it is one of only a very small handful (missing a thumb and index finger) of cities in America that are world class.

Yep, New York is an alpha++ world city:

The 2008 roster of leading Alpha, Beta and Gamma world cities is reproduced below; see the source for the complete roster:

Alpha++ world cities:
London, New York

Alpha+ world cities:
Beijing, Hong Kong, Milan, Paris, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo

Alpha world cities:
Brussels, Buenos Aires, Chicago, Kuala Lumpur, Madrid, Moscow, Mumbai, Seoul, Toronto

Alpha− world cities:
Amsterdam, Athens, Auckland, Bangkok, Budapest, Caracas, Dublin, Frankfurt, Istanbul, Jakarta, Lisbon, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Prague, Rome, Santiago, São Paulo, Stockholm, Taipei, Vienna, Warsaw, Zurich

Quote: (08-30-2011 11:59 PM)bars Wrote:  

Serious or kidding?

Yeah.

Go.

Maybe the world.

Yep, New York is an alpha++ world city:

The 2008 roster of leading Alpha, Beta and Gamma world cities is reproduced below; see the source for the complete roster:

Alpha++ world cities:
London, New York

Alpha+ world cities:
Beijing, Hong Kong, Milan, Paris, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo

Alpha world cities:
Brussels, Buenos Aires, Chicago, Kuala Lumpur, Madrid, Moscow, Mumbai, Seoul, Toronto

Alpha− world cities:
Amsterdam, Athens, Auckland, Bangkok, Budapest, Caracas, Dublin, Frankfurt, Istanbul, Jakarta, Lisbon, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Prague, Rome, Santiago, São Paulo, Stockholm, Taipei, Vienna, Warsaw, Zurich

Bars -

Interesting ranking system.

Your own?

Or are you pulling it from somewhere?

I would throw Barcelona on "Alpha world cities" if Buenos Aires is there.

Serious or kidding?

Yeah.

Go.

Maybe the world.

G, what would be a good bankroll for NYC?
I"d consider this what I'm looking for a 4-6 month stay in NYC when I'm older(Prices will obviously increase but I just want to know what its at)-

-A centrally located bachelors apartment.
-Decent food with the occasional high end dinner 2-3 times a month(where I drop 100 bucks a person)
-Late night cab rides.
-Club entries and a drink or two at a high end lounge or bar(I don't drink much at all, one drink a night is way more than enough.

I'm guessing I'd need a bankroll of 6-7k per month to roll like that.

Edit- Here's the ranking list for global cities-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_city

Quote: (08-31-2011 12:20 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Bars -

Interesting ranking system.

Your own?

Or are you pulling it from somewhere?

I would throw Barcelona on "Alpha world cities" if Buenos Aires is there.

Here is it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_city#Studies

Going to New York City next saturday, confirmed! Gonna check out Queens and Brooklyn.

Quote: (08-31-2011 01:52 AM)TheWolfHowls Wrote:  

Going to New York City next saturday, confirmed! Gonna check out Queens and Brooklyn.

You're gonna need this:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-5229.h...t=brooklyn

The real problem with being 25-35 year old in Houston is transportation. You need a car to get anywhere; there's no epicenter of nightlife that you can live near, and even entertainment districts that are starting to pop up are so big and sprawling that sometimes it's necessary to drive from bar to bar. Also, it's hot as hell basically 6 months out of the year. Houston is cheap, though, and it's big, so you can find basically anything you're looking for. My favorite bar in Houston is on the far northwest side where everything costs $1.

Stick to Manhattan. All the hottest girls are in Manhattan.

$4k/mo minimum to live modestly in Manhattan. $6k/mo to live comfortably.

NYC is best city in the US for a single male. No question.