rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Online Business

Online Business

For the people who build/run website businesses what are some resources to get started....areas of study, books to read, etc.

Thanks!

Online Business

What kind of business do you want to start? Do you need the money to start flowing in right off the bat, or do you have the time and patience to work towards a steady, somewhat passive income later on?

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Online Business

I don't have a golden idea yet, just wanted to start the learning process...

Online Business

I get what you're saying - it just makes a difference whether you need cash now or can wait.

If you want to start getting paid right out of the gate, offering services would be the way to go. You could teach yourself web design, SEO, copywriting, article writing, or another in-demand online skill and build a small business that would put money in your pocket from the getgo. Or you could even teach yourself to generate leads using Adwords or Social Media sites and then sell those leads to middlemen or directly to businesses (the leads idea specifically would have a real learning curve and could be expensive though).

If you have the time to build an income at a slower pace but one that could be somewhat automated, you'd probably want to look at building niche websites or information products.

If you're really just starting from a blank slate and want to figure out what businesses are even possible online, what others are doing, etc, start browsing the Warrior Forum (search it in Google). Just be really cautious over there about what you buy into because a lot of the posters make a lot of money selling magic pills to newbies. It doesn't take long to figure out who's contributing authentic value there though.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Online Business

Bumping thread in the sense that I am looking to start writing some articles that need a writer that can write SEO optimized articles. Is there anything different from my regular writing that I need to pay mind to when writing SEO (Search Engine Optimized) articles?

If it isn't so straightforward, what sites (quick read, straight to the point, no bs) can I read to get on it?

I want to get this jumping, I am trying to work on some dough for my trip in December and I am trying to jump as many LEGAL online ventures (since I work in front of the computer 8 hours a day) as I can to pour in extra dough.

All assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Huge data sheet coming up, based on the amount of cash I can work up.

Thanks, guys.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Online Business

Quote: (09-19-2011 09:35 AM)Moma Wrote:  

Bumping thread in the sense that I am looking to start writing some articles that need a writer that can write SEO optimized articles. Is there anything different from my regular writing that I need to pay mind to when writing SEO (Search Engine Optimized) articles?

If it isn't so straightforward, what sites (quick read, straight to the point, no bs) can I read to get on it?

I want to get this jumping, I am trying to work on some dough for my trip in December and I am trying to jump as many LEGAL online ventures (since I work in front of the computer 8 hours a day) as I can to pour in extra dough.

All assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Huge data sheet coming up, based on the amount of cash I can work up.

Thanks, guys.

SEOMoz has a lot of great resources on this: http://www.seomoz.org

No bullshit, though they do sell (in my experience very useful) various products and much of their content isn't free.

Their blog is particularly useful: http://www.seomoz.org/blog

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat