rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

South America - which country for a first timer?

Hi,

I'm thinking of taking my first trip to South America, for about 2 weeks. I'm really hyped up to do this, but I cannot decide which country to go to. There are several factors here that have me mixed up. For one, I have heard very good things about Brazil, Argentina, Peru, and Colombia - and not just from a game standpoint. But I also have a decent grasp of Spanish. I also would like to go with a friend who speaks Spanish pretty well but has little game. So I wouldn't have much of a wingman.

There's another factor. The country that seems to have the most hype in South America is Brazil. I'm impressed by the country and I would love to visit it. However.. Portuguese is a distinct language. Related to Spanish. But a distinct language. It's also going through some hard times lately. Politics are intense. President is about to get impeached. Stock market tanked. Times aren't so happy. Is this a good time to visit Brazil?

Let me know your thoughts.

I've always heard very good things about Brasil. But in every story I hear about Brasil, there's always a "But."

"But we got robbed on the bus."

And I don't speak any Portuguese either. I don't like being in a place and not being able to communicate.

I'm sure it's a very wonderful place. I would love to go. But there's better places for me. I don't know that I'll ever make it.

If you want to practice your spanish and pick up women, i would recomend either Colombia, or Republica Dominicana (if you want to go the caribean way). Argentina is good, but picking up women is harder than in the other places. Chile and Uruguay are good choice too.

Now, you have Brazil. Depending the place you are going you will have it easier or not to pick up women. And eve with "a decent grasp of Spanish" you will have a bad time dealing with brazilian portuguese.

"What is important is to try to develop insights and wisdom rather than mere knowledge, respect someone's character rather than his learning, and nurture men of character rather than mere talents." - Inazo Nitobe

When i´m feeling blue, when i just need something to shock me up, i look at this thread and everything get better!

Letters from the battlefront: Argentina

Colombia is a great way to start. DR is my favourite country for livability, learning approaches.
I'm thinking about Brazil now too, but only speak Spanish.

Looking for a Brazil vs Colombia thread....

peru for sure

Venezuela - you will see the the essence of South American culture in the pure form. When you come back from there, you will be hardened for anything else.

"if you come back"

Bolivia, beautiful indigenous women, cheap as fuck and you can do blow in public bars there.

If you go with your friend that speaks Spanish then Colombia.

If you go solo with only a grasp of Spanish I think Peru or Chile would be more wise for your first time.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

Quote: (05-19-2017 06:33 PM)wolfer Wrote:  

peru for sure

Cheaper and less dangerous than Colombia, right?

Quote: (05-19-2017 07:33 PM)Travesty Wrote:  

If you go with your friend that speaks Spanish then Colombia.

If you go solo with only a grasp of Spanish I think Peru or Chile would be more wise for your first time.

I think our Spanish is comparable. Also, I would practice it a lot and become decent. I'm not bad at languages.

Quote: (05-19-2017 06:49 PM)FlyHigher123 Wrote:  

Venezuela - you will see the the essence of South American culture in the pure form. When you come back from there, you will be hardened for anything else.

Honestly sounds way too dangerous. I haven't kept up with the travel threads here but I'm guessing some members here have been to Venezuela recently? It sounds completely insane, to be honest. Maybe for an adrenaline rush. But it's not practical in any sense.

Quote: (05-19-2017 07:28 PM)rottenapple Wrote:  

Bolivia, beautiful indigenous women, cheap as fuck and you can do blow in public bars there.

Not really buying any of that.

Peru and Colombia are my top picks, both great for different reasons. Chile and Argentina are good places to see, after you've already spend considerable time in Peru/Colombia.

I have been to Santiago, travelled all around Peru and Colombia. I would say Chile. Chilean girls speak the most English in South America and they are the most approachable and friendly to foreigners.

I would say Chile as well. Its more modern a lot safer and the girls are friendly and many speak some English.

Second would be Peru.

If it is your first time in Latin America and you speak some Spanish, I would say go to Peru. Plenty of stuff to see, awesome food, pretty safe, and easy to score with little game.

Looks like a concensus on Peru is nearly emerging. It definitely has unique properties.

Doing some research on Chile right now. It has failed to export it's culture to the world, unlike some of its neighbors.

On average Peruvian girls speak less English, are uglier, have higher bitch shields and are less into foreigners than Chilean or Colombian girls. Yes Peruvian food is good and there is lots of cool stuff to see but I wouldn't go to Peru for the women.

I would not personally recomend Peru, but i think its just my personal bias. Also would not recomend Chile. While the mid/high class girls´s english can be good, the chilenean spanish is atrocious to everyone else. I would not recomend Argentina either, our spanish is weirder than Colombia´s or Dominicana´s.

"What is important is to try to develop insights and wisdom rather than mere knowledge, respect someone's character rather than his learning, and nurture men of character rather than mere talents." - Inazo Nitobe

When i´m feeling blue, when i just need something to shock me up, i look at this thread and everything get better!

Letters from the battlefront: Argentina

Quote: (05-19-2017 07:28 PM)rottenapple Wrote:  

Bolivia,beautiful indigenous women, cheap as fuck and you can do blow in public bars there.

[Image: jordan.gif]

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

The best country in South America for first timers is.....in Central America.

Costa Rica and Mexico are great for getting your feet wet in Latin American culture and the Spanish language. After that you can graduate to Peru and Colombia.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Venezuela's fine, just bring your own food and armed bodyguards.

http://www.14ymedio.com/internacional/op...77825.html

Bolivian restaurants will make you long for unlicensed taco trucks.

Quote: (05-21-2017 02:08 PM)Australia Sucks Wrote:  

On average Peruvian girls ... are less into foreigners than Chilean or Colombian girls.

[Image: laugh3.gif]

Papi Rico that was my personal experience in those countries.

On average I got much better receptiveness from Colombian and Chilean girls than Peruvian girls. Peruvian girls for the most part treated me like shit for no reason. The fact that I am not "white" or European looking could have something to do with it, I am not sure. Maybe the way "white"/European looking foreigners get treated by girls in Peru is different to how I got treated.

I was born in Australia and my parents are middle eastern. I look a little bit tanned. A lot of Latino people in Colombia, Chile and Peru thought I was a Brazilian tourist.

I definitely found Colombian and Chilean girls were much more interested in me and much sweeter to me than Peruvian girls.

OP,

feel free to skip the below call-out and please accept my apologies for the slight hijack. However this is an issue that spans multiple threads. I say follow your gut and go to Peru. If you need reassurance, look through Vinny's thread and the writings of Cr33pin, Schlep, Drix, AxeMan, and countless others on the subject.

Australia Sucks,

I understand that you're 'tanned' and apparently view that as a crutch. But could you change up your writing style to prevent from coming across as some sort of an authority on all matters South America.

You spend several months traveling through one the world's most diverse and rewarding regions and then come on here to rant about your failures and issue conclusory statements in response to genuine appeals for help?

There are guys here with more Lat Am years under their belts than you have years of formal education. Sure they voice frustrations and discontent about living here. But their tone is always measured, and their writing is always preceded by reflection and supported by broad experience.

I'm not trying to share these Lat Am threads with someone resembling an angry fourth grader.

Step up your game. Otherwise I have no problem continuing to call you out.

Also, I'm no Ken Doll. And guess what? I go to Peru to LAY PIPE.

Listen Papi Rico, people on Rooshv have different opinions on countries and many people go to one country and come back and hate on it (while others love that country) and then go to another country and love it. Look at the Poland threads. There are some guys saying Polish girls are easy, nice, beautiful and awesome and then there are other posters hating on Poland saying the bitch shields of girls are too high, the girls are difficult and there are too many but-her-faces.

I never said I was an authority on all of South America. I am merely giving my opinions on the countries I have visited based on my own personal experience. Nothing more. Yes, perhaps I should change my writing style to make that more clear.

If I was hating on all of South America maybe you would have a point, but overall I liked Colombia and Chile and did not like Peru. Maybe Peru was easy and fun for some people, it was not that way for me. Can you concede that perhaps the girls in Chile and Colombia were easier and friendlier to me than girls in Peru (who were generally cunts to me)? Or do you think that its all in my head and that I am full of shit and that Peruvian girls were just as nice to me as Colombian or Chilean girls? Can you concede that everybody has a different experience in a country?

I went to Peru for 14 weeks and traveled widely in Peru. I am therefore qualified to have an opinion. Now others may not agree with that opinion and their experience may be opposite to mine, but my experience is still valid.