rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Analysis of Virginia's 2017 election (including alt-right candidate Corey Stewart)

Analysis of Virginia's 2017 election (including alt-right candidate Corey Stewart)

Virginia, a presidential battleground state that in 2016 voted for Hillary by a 49.7% to 44.4% margin, is holding elections in 2017 for Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Attorney General, and all 100 seats in the Virginia House of Delegates. (The Virginia Senate isn't up for election till 2019.) There are also a few local elections here and there.

The Republican primary is on 13 June, and for reasons explained in more detail below, I suggest Virginians vote for Corey Stewart (for Governor) and Bryce Reeves (for Lieutenant Governor). Stewart is an alt-right candidate, and Reeves is possibly slightly less cucked than his opponents. (Quite the ringing endorsement, right?) Absentee voting has already begun. Virginia allows voters to cite any of 19 different reasons for voting absentee, so pretty much everyone qualifies, whether because they work, or stay home with kids, or will be on vacation that day, or whatever. The online application for an absentee ballot is here.

Virginia used to be a conservative state, but increasingly has been turning purple. For the past several elections, the voters have been choosing Democrats in statewide races (for President, U.S. Senator, Governor, Lieutenant Governor, and Attorney General). Republicans have a 66-34 majority in the Virginia House, though, and a 21-19 majority in the Virginia Senate. The game plan for Democrats this year is to turn this election into a referendum on Donald Trump, and thereby once again win all three statewide offices, plus pick up as many seats as possible in the Virginia House.

If Democrats were to win a landslide victory, as some of them, Rachel Maddow-style, are already predicting they will, they would then most likely use that to try to spook Republican Congressmen into cucking out even more than they already have (which would probably involve trying to further distance themselves from Trump and other controversial figures favored by the alt-right).

I've started a more comprehensive write-up on Kings Wiki, and plan to continue expanding and updating it as events unfold.

Governor

So, let's look at the Governor's race. On the Republican side, Corey Stewart, who served as state chairman for Donald Trump's presidential campaign, is running for Governor. Stewart became famous for an illegal immigration crackdown he instituted as chairman of the Prince William County board of supervisors. He also got labeled a racist and a white nationalist because in a Reddit AMA, he called out his Republican primary opponent, Ed Gillespie, as a "cuckservative"; and because he opposed removing a Confederate statute from Charlottesville. However, Stewart says:

Quote:Corey Stewart Wrote:

They said, 'Corey, I can't believe you're embracing the Confederate flag,' blah, blah blah. I'm not embracing the Confederate flag, folks, but here's the deal. It's not about the flag at all. It's about political correctness. In fact, it's about rampant, uncontrolled political correctness that is shaming Virginians who are simply trying to honor their ancestors, their ancestry, their heritage.

And, I'm going to stand up against political correctness because it's a constraint. It's a bondage. It's a constraint against our free speech."

[Image: 800px-58f11d0a637b1.image.jpg]

That's an anti-Stewart rally (with pro-Stewart counter-protestors on the right, right next to the Antifa contingent), where "progressive" demonstrators were chanting "Don't pay for hate" in protest against the Potomac Nationals' donation to Stewart's campaign.

Some Republican politicians have been cucking out and switching their endorsements from Stewart to Gillespie, but I think it's important to get Stewart's vote count as high as possible, in order to send a message that Trump's supporters remain a well-organized force to be reckoned with. Since turnout tends not to be very high in primaries, a strong "get out the vote" effort could tip the outcome.

On the Democratic side, Ralph Northam (who, strangely enough, admitted voting for George W. Bush twice) is running against progressive, Bernie Sanders-endorsed Tom Perriello.

There's also a Libertarian, Cliff Hyra, who seems to have a pretty standard libertarian platform from what I've seen thus far. Given the suckiness of the major party Lieutenant Governor candidates, some people wish he had run for that office instead.

Lieutenant Governor

There doesn't seem to be a lot to say about this race. Thus far, it hasn't attracted a lot of media attention. On the Republican side, Glenn Davis and Jill Vogel, both of whom have endorsed Gillespie, are running against Bryce Reeves, who as far as I know has not endorsed Gillespie. All else equal, that seems to make Reeves the slightly less-cucked of the three. Vogel is a mainstream politician (I actually consider her to be a femiservative, based on some of the legislation she's supported) who's been trying to seem conservative lately.

On the Democratic side, we have Justin Fairfax, Susan Platt, and Gene Rossi, who to my knowledge haven't endorsed any gubernatorial candidates. Fairfax, though, has been endorsed by the Bernie Sanders progressives, so we can assume that the other two fall more into the category of Establishment Democrats.

Attorney General

Here we have Republican John Adams (who to my knowledge hasn't made a gubernatorial endorsement) running against Democrat Mark Herring, a Northam supporter (and therefore someone I would put in the Establishment Democrat category).

This office partly serves as a bench politicians sit on while waiting for their chance to run for Governor, so a lot of voters will probably just pick a candidate based on party.

House of Delegates

The reason Democrats are so optimistic about the House of Delegates elections is that in 2016, Hillary Clinton carried 17 House of Delegates districts that are currently held by Republicans. So they're running challengers in every single one of those districts. The unexpectedly strong performance by the Democratic candidate in the Kansas special election has made Democrats suspect there will be an anti-Trump wave this year.

Also, Democrats say that an unexpected victory in the Prince William County Clerk of Court election spells the end of the Trump era. Prince William County is where Corey Stewart served as chair of the Board of County Supervisors, and several competitive House of Delegates districts (including the 31st, where Peruvian immigrant Elizabeth Guzman is running on an anti-Stewart progressive platform) contain chunks of Prince William County.

The Trump resistance has emboldened all kinds of colorful characters to come out of the woodwork. There are women's studies professors, transgender journalists, and gay computer programmers running against stodgy, evangelically Christian incumbent Republicans like Bob Marshall.

[Image: icon_popcorn.gif]

Local races

The only local race I'm paying attention to at the moment is the Arlington County School Board race mentioned in the earlier thread, School board member apologizes for saying women shouldn't date violent abusers. That primary will be held on 9, 11, and 13. Of course, I'm rooting for Lander.

Conclusion

Given the state of Virginia politics these days, if the Republicans can win any of the three statewide races, or limit their losses in the House of Delegates to fewer than five seats, I think they can call that a victory of sorts. Democrats would prefer to get a landslide so they can spin that as an early rebuke of Donald Trump, given this is one of voters' first opportunities to weigh in on his administration by voting for or against his party's nominees. Virginia's importance to the 2020 presidential election, and the fact that only Virginia and New Jersey are holding gubernatorial elections this year, increases the likelihood that it will be viewed (or at least spun) as a bellwether.

In the long term, victory for the alt-right will require building up a deep bench of alt-right-leaning local, state, and federal politicians, rather than putting all the eggs in the Trump basket. This election is one opportunity to further that goal.

God, that man needs to get to the gym.

[Image: corey_stewart1.jpg]

I am afraid that women appreciate cruelty, downright cruelty, more than anything else. They have wonderfully primitive instincts. We have emancipated them, but they remain slaves looking for their masters all the same. They love being dominated.
--Oscar Wilde

Fairfax county is so hard to overcome in statewide elections unless the Dem turnout is way down. Gillespie is a standard milquetoast conservative who inspires no one.

Quote: (05-02-2017 07:03 PM)Thomas Jackson Wrote:  

Fairfax county is so hard to overcome in statewide elections unless the Dem turnout is way down. Gillespie is a standard milquetoast conservative who inspires no one.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Frank Wagner. I guess he's considered a practical-minded guy for advocating raising taxes to pay for better highways.

Maybe what we should do, is build a truckway (paid for by the truckers) to take truck traffic off of I-81. And then maybe redesign intersections for smoother flow of traffic (could more roundabouts be the answer?) and do some other innovative stuff, perhaps with the help of public-private partnerships, if those can be arranged without inconveniencing motorists too much with a bunch of toll plazas. Is there any reason why we can't have a German-style autobahn and cruise down the road at >100mph? Sucks to have these cars that are capable of such high speeds, and not get to take them to the limits.

I wonder too, given that the other railways are under private ownership, why can't WMATA be privatized? I can't imagine that its management would be any worse if it were owned by private investors. Maybe they would actually put some money into making stuff work reliably.

This is a very good, very thorough analysis, and I have absolutely nothing to say about it because I don't live in Virginia.

Quote: (05-02-2017 09:20 PM)SamuelBRoberts Wrote:  

This is a very good, very thorough analysis, and I have absolutely nothing to say about it because I don't live in Virginia.

You can still donate to Virginia politicians, though. There's a lot of out-of-state money coming in. It's unclear what effect it will have, though; having some volunteers going door-to-door makes more of an impact, it seems.

Psychologically, it's just a way of feeling like you took some action, instead of sitting there with your hands tied from doing anything.

Virginia has a Libertarian nominee for Governor now, Cliff Hyra. Rick Sincere notes:

Quote:Rick Sincere Wrote:

Virginia really “lags behind” other states in criminal justice reform efforts, Hyra said. “There are arrest quotas; that needs to end. I would grant pardons to people who have been convicted only of victimless crimes, such as drug use. I would order that the laws against drug use be given lower priority.”

He pointed out that Virginia is “arresting so many people,” about 35,000 to 40,000 each year, “just for drug use.” On top of that, he said, “it costs $25,000 a year to incarcerate a single person. It’s really out of control.”

Hyra said he wants to “introduce elements of competition and choice into the educational system [and] health care system. That’s where we need to bring expenses down [and] quality up, across the board.”

I was hoping that he was going to propose introducing elements of competition and choice into the criminal justice system, but maybe he hasn't taken the anarcho-capitalist red pill yet. It sounds like he wants to keep his platform fairly moderate in order to stay "credible".

By the way, Hyra supports a points-based immigration system similar to Canada's, but views it as mostly a federal issue.

Questions asked at the convention:

Q: Do you know of any areas where your personal positions or philosophies differ significantly from the Libertarian Party platform? (4:45)

Q: In regard to immigration, the Governor has the authority to start enforcing immigration laws, not to go after the immigrants, but the people that hired them, the employers. Contrary to popular belief, they're not all criminals, drug addicts, or whatever. They come to this country because there are employers that are willing to undercut the American worker to get them in, and they know that. [Inaudible] Would you support something like that? (5:28)

Q: You mentioned that you were looking to strengthen the party with local election success. How so? (6:45)

Q: How do we feel about our ability to get on the ballot? (7:20)

Q: I think one of the keys to growing our Libertarian Party and libertarian parties in Virginia overall is to get more young people involved, because one day us older people are gonna be dead and gone, and where does that leave us? What do you plan for your efforts to get young people on board with your candidacy and with the Libertarian Party in Virginia? (10:22)

Q: How long have you lived in Virginia? You went to Virginia Tech and George Mason Law School? And you're a patent attorney? (11:38)

Q: What prompted you to decide to run for Governor at this time? (11:50)

Q: Are there any extraordinary or special efforts to actually bring in more of the minority vote with your campaign, rather than just a bunch of white guys? [Inaudible] Because that's generally how it is at Libertarian gatherings. (12:38)

Q: The question is a follow-up from the 2016 Johnson campaign. I know in the early stages of the campaign, they would tell people they're fiscally conservative and socially liberal, which doesn't really speak to me. I think the best way is to get the government out of everything. They changed it to "socially tolerant." What sort of messaging do you have in that regard? (13:28)

Q: What is your stance on standardized testing? (15:14)

Q: Do you have kids? Are you going to send your kids to public school or to tutors or home school them? (16:34)

Maybe what somebody should have asked was, "With white babies now in the minority, how do we prevent the Libertarian Party from being crippled by demographic collapse?"

His answer probably would've been, "We'll just bring in more immigrants, and recruit from other races!" I'll believe that when I see it.

I suspect that the Green Party is going to run into the same problem.

Quote: (05-02-2017 07:29 PM)Jean Valjean Wrote:  

I wonder too, given that the other railways are under private ownership, why can't WMATA be privatized? I can't imagine that its management would be any worse if it were owned by private investors. Maybe they would actually put some money into making stuff work reliably.

There's two major reasons. First, WMATA was built under the auspices of the federal government, and second, WMATA still draws a heavy amount of its funding from DC/VA/MD governments. I don't know if this is true any longer, but WMATA used to lose money on every passenger.

If you want a decently accessible history of the DC Metro, see The Great Society Subway: A History of the DC Metro.

If you're not fucking her, someone else is.

This Washington Post article "Do Corey Stewart’s Confederate antics help Ed Gillespie or hurt the GOP brand?" suggests that Stewart's strategy may be helping him more than it's hurting him:

Quote:Washington Post Wrote:

RICHMOND — By embracing Confederate symbols and flirting with the alt-right, Corey Stewart seems, to many political analysts, to be handing the GOP nomination for Virginia governor to rival Ed Gillespie.

Some also think Stewart is damaging the Republican brand in a way that could hurt Gillespie’s chances in November — in a general election that could reverberate beyond the Old Dominion.

“The rest of the country’s looking at us and saying, ‘Look at these hicks in Virginia!’ ” said Brian W. Schoeneman, a Virginia political analyst and blogger who served in the George W. Bush administration. “They don’t realize that he’s not representative of the broader GOP and the vast majority of us — including Ed — are looking at him with horror.”

But Stewart says defending Confederate symbols against “political correctness” is not just a cause, it’s a winning strategy in an off-year primary.

“It’s a very small turnout election — we’re talking maybe 4 or 5 percent of the entire voter base,” he said. “So you’ve got a certain percentage of the electorate who are going to vote on abortion. You’ve got a certain percentage of the electorate who are going to vote on illegal immigration. And then there’s going to be a percentage who will vote on the historical-monuments issue. Pretty soon, you add them all up and it’s a significant portion of people.”

As for damage to the Republican brand, Stewart contends that Gillespie and other establishment Republicans have hurt the party by cutting deals with Democrats and refusing to stake out bold positions on tough issues.

“It’s the Bush family and other establishment Republicans who hurt the Republican brand so badly that we got Barack Obama,” he said.

Virginia hasn’t had a statewide candidate stand accused of being too cozy with the Confederacy since George Allen’s Senate reelection bid in 2006. The issue resurfaces now in a particularly high-profile race at a chaotic moment in American politics.

Virginia is one of just two states — the other is New Jersey — with a governor’s race this year. The contest is drawing national attention as an early referendum on President Trump and as an example of the populist/establishment tug of war within both major political parties.

Trump’s surprising path to the presidency could embolden more politicians to seek office as provocateurs, political analysts said. Yet the lesson here could be that only Trump, by virtue of his celebrity and personality, can get away with it.

“He’s made the mistake of saying, ‘This [monument removal] is what’s going on. I’m going to go big,’” Jennifer Duffy, senior editor for the Cook Political Report, said of Stewart. “But he might have fallen off the cliff. When we’re dealing in an atmosphere of deeply Southern states starting to remove their Confederate monuments, maybe it’s not the issue to go crazy on.”

But Kyle Kondik, who analyzes elections at the University of Virginia Center for Politics, said he thinks the strategy could work for Stewart, whose rallies sometimes draw more counterprotesters than supporters. He noted that polls show many voters have not made up their minds or even tuned into the race.

“If you’re an underdog candidate looking for something to get attention with, Stewart has certainly gotten attention for this,” he said. “Just the name ID can be more than half the battle. . . . Sometimes it matters not so much what your own position is, but who your enemies are. Maybe Stewart’s calculation is if he can fire up these protesters, those are people that conservative Republicans think are riffraff. Therefore, he becomes an enemy of the left, and that generates more support on the right.”

Stewart and Gillespie started the primary race — along with underdog state Sen. Frank W. Wagner (Virginia Beach) — as seemingly perfect symbols of the GOP’s intraparty angst.

Stewart cut a brasher-than-Trump figure as someone who had led a crackdown on illegal immigration in Prince William County a decade ago. He was such an over-the-top Virginia chairman for Trump last year that the campaign fired him. Gillespie was the cautious establishment type, a former lobbyist, Republican National Committee chairman and White House counselor to Bush who kept his distance from Trump.

Which one would sell in an off-year contest in Virginia, a state that favored Hillary Clinton by 5 points in November but also gave Trump a narrow primary win? That looked like an open question at first, when Stewart aimed to attract populists energized by Trump’s surprise White House victory.

Then Stewart, chairman of the Prince William Board of County Supervisors, took his campaign in an unexpected direction. The impetus was a vote early this year by the Charlottesville City Council to remove a statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee from a downtown park.

Stewart saw an opening and rallied to oppose the monument’s removal. The move brought him considerable attention after news videos showed counterprotesters shouting him down.

From there, he made Confederate monuments the centerpiece of his campaign — one that allowed him to skewer “Establishment Ed” for what he deemed a mealy-mouthed stance: While the former RNC chief is also opposed to removal, he said it’s a matter left to local authorities, not the governor.

Stewart held multiple rallies for the monument, unfurled the Confederate flag at other events and attended an Old South ball in an outfit approximating a Civil War dress uniform.

Along the way, he gave an interview to Mike Cernovich, the alt-right Internet figure who helped popularize the “Pizzagate” conspiracy theory. The alt-right is a small, far-right movement that seeks a whites-only state. Adherents of the alt-right are known for espousing racist, anti-Semitic and sexist points of view.

Stewart also attended a Charlottesville news conference with Jason Kessler and Isaac Smith, founders of Unity and Security for America (USA), a fledgling group that calls for “defending Western Civilization.”

Smith has sometimes introduced Stewart at events and appeared at his side with alt-right symbols, such as placards with Pepe the Frog and a gladiator-style shield. At one raucous rally with Stewart at the University of Virginia, Smith used a shield to push against counterprotesters.

Well, this should be interesting. Just like this primary is a referendum among the Republicans about whether they want to go with the Establishment or with the alt-right, it's also a referendum among the Democrats about whether they want Clinton- or Sanders-style politicians. From the Richmond Times-Dispatch story, "Democratic candidate for legislature apologizes for 'offensive' social media posts":

Quote:Richmond Times-Dispatch Wrote:

A Democratic candidate for a House of Delegates seat in Hampton Roads apologized to fellow Democrats for “totally inappropriate and offensive” Facebook posts. The posts included derogatory sexual references.

Tom Brock, who made the apology, is running in the June 13 Democratic primary against Kelly Fowler in House District 21 in Virginia Beach, which includes part of Chesapeake. The winner will face either Del. Ronald A. Villanueva, R-Virginia Beach, chairman of the House Transportation Committee, or Bill Lena, who is challenging Villanueva in a GOP primary.

Brock, 48, sent the apology email March 23 to Democratic Party officials. His campaign released it to the Richmond Times-Dispatch, along with a second statement of apology, after the newspaper asked about his social media posts. A source not affiliated with any of the candidates provided the postings to the Times-Dispatch.

In his March email of apology to Democratic officials, he wrote: “As you know several comments taken from my Facebook page were sent to many of you. ... I am taking this opportunity to take full responsibility for making these comments and to ask each of you to consider forgiving me for such an unsettling display.

“The sense of shame that I feel regarding those comments can only be described as mortifying.”

In a Dec. 5, 2014, Facebook comment on a Huffington Post story in which Jenna Bush Hager admitted to maybe “a kiss on the roof” of the White House when her father, George W. Bush, was president, Brock wrote: “Everyone knows she was a slut anyway.”

Brock wrote in 2012 that GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney “is going down like an Ocean View Girl on Navy payday!” The Ocean View area of Norfolk in the past was a haven for prostitution.

Brock wrote in 2010 that George W. Bush was “an emmisary (sic) of SATAN” and “does not deserve to breath (sic) American AIR.”

In other social media posts, he expressed support for 2016 Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders and called Hillary Clinton “as corrupt as they come” and someone whose “inner circle are felons.”

In the Thursday statement to The Times-Dispatch, Brock said the posts did not reflect who he is as a person today and again apologized.

He said the Democratic Party personally transformed him after he declared his candidacy, “turning me from a jaded and frustrated voter into a motivated and energetic candidate for office.”

He wrote that he remembered his mother talking to him about the importance of standing up for women and equality.

“I am in this race because I believe in the power of bringing people together, disaffected or enthusiastic, black or white, woman or man, Republican and Democrat,” the statement said.

Brock’s opponent in the primary has a different take.

“Tom Brock does not have the temperament or judgment to serve as delegate, and his misogynist social media posts sound more like something Donald Trump would say than a candidate in a Democratic primary,” according to an email sent by Fowler campaign manager Ty Williams. “Women vote, as do men who respect them, and we look forward to the voters holding Tom Brock accountable on Election Day.”

House Minority Leader David J. Toscano, D-Charlottesville, and Caucus Chairwoman Charniele L. Herring of Alexandria issued a written statement Thursday calling Brock’s comments disrespectful and unacceptable.

“His views as reflected in those statements are inconsistent with the values of our party,” the statement said.

A few updates.

As noted here, James Lander lost in the Democratic primary for Arlington School Board.

Democrat Tom Brock is refusing to drop out of the race for Delegate. The Richmond Times-Dispatch notes, "Brock apologized for the sexist comments. But he has tried to claim the racist jokes were taken out of context. He says he was merely reciting, for the purpose of recollection, jokes he previously had told his son never to make."

The candidates for the Democratic nomination for Governor are neck-and-neck in the polls.

In the Lieutenant Governor's race, Democrat Susan Platt is calling for removing all Confederate monuments in Virginia and renaming all highways and buildings named for Confederates. I guess that's her last-ditch effort to get some publicity:

Quote:Richmond Times-Dispatch Wrote:

“If I am elected lieutenant governor, I will ask the governor to appoint me to lead a commission charged with taking down Confederate monuments as well as renaming Confederate-themed highways and public buildings,” Platt said in a news release. “Our taxpayer dollars should not be used to celebrate a rebellion against the United States of America, a rebellion intended to maintain slavery.”

She suggested buildings could be named after former Gov. L. Douglas Wilder — the nation’s first elected African-American governor — and former Attorney General Mary Sue Terry — the only woman elected to statewide office in Virginia — rather than Confederates. . . . .

Fairfax responded with a statement calling monuments to the Confederacy, slavery or Jim Crow “indefensible and psychologically harmful” and said he’d fight for progress after those symbols are taken down. . . . .

Fairfax said other goals included “stopping the unjustified shooting of unarmed African-Americans and all people,” criminal justice reforms and ending the drug war. . . . .

Rossi, in a statement, said it’s time to recognize that the Confederacy’s main objective was to preserve slavery.

“I support efforts to remove prominent Confederate monuments in public venues, especially given that their construction was often motivated by a continued cult-like resistance and disdain for federal powers over integration and civil rights. I do support their relocation to history museums, which President Obama and other leaders have always supported.”

Confederate monuments have not been an issue in the three-way Republican primary for lieutenant governor.

Del. Glenn R. Davis Jr., R-Virginia Beach, one of the three GOP hopefuls, said Lee “was one of the most passionate Virginians that our commonwealth has ever had, and if someone wants to start taking down his monuments they need to start with his statue in the old House of Delegates chamber. And God help the person that tries.”

The campaigns of the other two GOP hopefuls, state Sen. Jill Holtzman Vogel, R-Fauquier, and Sen. Bryce E. Reeves, R-Spotsylvania, did not immediately offer comment on the issue.

Judging by the endorsements and campaign finance numbers, it looks like Reeves and Fairfax will probably get their respective parties' nominations. It's interesting that Fairfax is talking about ending the drug war; I wonder if that means legalizing all drugs?

Anyway, renaming highways like Lee Highway (Route 29) that I've traveled on all my life and even lived on seems like a really shocking cultural change. I think this purging of history takes away a certain "coolness factor" from the south. Doug Wilder and Mary Sue Terry don't compare to the Confederate generals and politicians who put everything on the line to fight against a much more powerful nation.

If they try to touch monument avenue in Richmond i hope there are riots

It's the last week before the primary, so the campaigns are starting to go negative. Here's an interesting ad by the Bryce Reeves campaign:

[Image: 59384ee1f1e02.image.jpg]

It shows that in Republican politics, it's still possible to get votes by appealing to the anti-gay constituency. The judge the ad is talking about is Tracy Thorne-Begland.

Just voted in the VA Republican primary.

Voted:
Corey Stewart (for Governor)
Bryce Reeves (for Lieutenant Governor)

MVGA

I did the same this morning.

Quote: (06-13-2017 06:21 PM)beta_plus Wrote:  

Just voted in the VA Republican primary.

Voted:
Corey Stewart (for Governor)
Bryce Reeves (for Lieutenant Governor)

MVGA

Northam vs. Ed G.

Stewart barely lost.

Northam crushed Tom Perreilo - the latter backed by Warren and Sanders.

Norham vs. Ed G. is pretty milquetoast.

[Image: Screenshot-www.nytimes.com-2017-06-14-00-31-10.png]

Quote:Washington Post Wrote:

“There is one word you will never hear from me, and that’s ‘unity,’ ” Stewart told supporters at a restaurant in Woodbridge. “We’ve been backing down too long. We’ve been backing down too long in defense of our culture, and our heritage and our country.”

Quote: (11-08-2016 10:09 PM)Cattle Rustler Wrote:  

If you live in Virginia and did not vote, go fuck yourself with a baseball ball attached with nails.

Trump's base may boycott the election since it will be Gillespie instead of Stewart, which gives Northam the advantage. Is it Northam who has been saying in his TV spots, "I think Trump is a narcissistic maniac?"

Quote: (05-28-2017 09:37 AM)Jean Valjean Wrote:  

In the Lieutenant Governor's race, Democrat Susan Platt

0/10 WNB troll face

Politics is biology, not ideology.

So.... Virginia still cucked?

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Quote: (06-16-2017 06:46 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

So.... Virginia still cucked?

It will only get worse - NOVA keeps growing and importing the third world

Cernovich interviewed Stewart:

Just caught this interview about Charlottesville...Corey Stewart owns this chick.

He's good. He never plays into her premise.

A real master-debater.

She sounds like my uber Christian conservative parents, in her blinding belief of Good vs Evil without any regard to nuance and context.

The LEFT has become the puritanical church lady, only instead of instituting laws within Churches, they're instituting laws at _________ (work, school, ubers, bars, colleges, State capitals, Federal mandates, SCOTUS, etc, etc).

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Wow, that CNN chick is such a rude, deceptive cunt. He hung in there and really got under her skin. If I lived in his state, he'd get my vote!

Pay special attention to her massive Al Gore sigh at 7:55 in the video. He really triggered her! [Image: biggrin.gif]

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Fairfax County, a suburb of DC which is about 60% Democratic, had a special school board election this past week because one of the members (who was moderately conservative) moved away. The Democratic candidate won with 41,000 votes to the Republican candidate's 21,000 votes.

It was a non-partisan race but each candidate had been publicly endorsed by the political parties. The Democratic candidate had said in the opening paragraph on her website that one of her aims was to "stop Trump and DeVose" policies on schools. Reportedly, the Democratic party threw $60 grand into the race vs $25K that the Republicans put in. So, I think it's an example of the Democrats trying to gain seats at the local level in key states like Virginia.

Only 10% of registered voters came out. So, the Republicans could have won if they had just gotten more people to the polling places.