rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Appenzell TimeTravel Datasheet

Sick of 21st century living? Want to experience what it was like in simpler times when the men were men, the beer was cold and the landscapes were pristine?

Then look no further than the canton of Appenzell Innerhoden, Switzerland. You ain't never seen something this beautiful.

[Image: 07-steinegg-1005p_klein-1.jpg]
[Image: aescher_0004-Kopie.jpg]

Now I warn you, this datasheet will not be about baggin' bitches to any degree. If you want to do that, go to one of the clubs in Niederdorfli in Zurich and spend a fuckton of cash on cold ass Swiss girls. I'm convinced Swiss girls have padlocks on their pussies, so when I lived there I tried to really focus on nature and experiencing the old country.

Now if you want to feel like what a real man feels like and be one with nature, then look no further than the canton that is known for its beer, cheese, and scenery. I'd suggest going in the summer, because the winter is brutal and unpredictable, and frankly Austria has better skiing.

To get to this wonderful land, hop off a plane at Zurich Flughafen, and go directly to the train station under the airport. Trains are pretty expensive in Switzerland, but day passes aren't so terrible. Then, jump on a train to Gossau, a little hole in the wall industrial town. From there, there's an Appenzeller Bahnen station, where you can access this magical land. Hop on a train to the eponymous Appenzell, where you can access all the magic of centuries of patriarchy.

You see, Appenzell is a special place, mostly because the Swiss government doesn't want anyone to know about it. Not only because this place is the last real holdout of Swiss-only tourism, but because it gave women the right to vote in 1992 and continuously rejects liberal Swiss referenda. They have a direct democratic voting system, where men stand in a square on the last Sunday in April to cast their ballots, where they reject the living hell out of the stupidity of the Swiss government.

Patriarchal beauty in action:

[Image: pb-120429-townvote-cannon.photoblog900.jpg]
Raise your hand if you want a place that actually runs on reality!

With all of this said, it's not just the history of the people there. Be warned, these people can be quite "curious" if you're a nonwhite. However, if you dress well enough and carry yourself nicely (mostly like a tourist), they will be intrigued by your presence. Good luck speaking Swiss German, however, as it may be one of the most insane dialects in Europe.

Now, you've arrived in Appenzell. What do you do now? Go to a club? Bag some bitches?

No. You climb a fucking mountain.

If you're a real ambitious bastard and are in for a looong hike, take the train from Appenzell to Wasserauen. This I'll explain later.

The easier method of climbing the highest mountain in the region is taking the train to Urnasch, and then the bug to Schwagalp. Once you get to Schwagalp, look up.

[Image: santis.jpg]

While this may not be the world's tallest mountain, it is accessible and challenging to hikers and non-hikers alike. For the skilled, there's a via ferrata path you can use to get up. For the ones who prefer a good mountain hike with a medium to high incline, there's a path for you.

However, near the top, you'll encounter an 80% vertical with a via ferrata and footholes in this rock. Don't make the same mistake as me and forget to bring a clip, you'll be clinging on for your damn life and thinking about all the nights you haven't shared with bitchy Swiss girls.

When you make it to the top, you'll be greeted by perhaps the best view the region has to offer. You can see Germany, all of the Swiss Plateau, Austria, the Alps, Italy and France from a distance, and who can forget Lichtenstein.

From above:

[Image: saentis_sechs_laender.jpg]

You get the idea.

From there, luckily there is a nice restaurant and guesthouse, so if you're feeling like staying, you can. I'd definitely suggest getting a beer before the cable car
back to the town of Appenzell, because that shit is steeeeeeeeeeeep.

Speaking of beer, Appenzell Innerrhoden is known precisely for just that throughout Switzerland. The Appenzeller brewers make a ton of beer (see here: http://www.appenzellerbier.ch/en/home.html), and it's all brewed naturally and delicious. They make the one of the largest variety of beers for the country, and perhaps the most famous also, Quollfrisch (pronounced KV-ell freesch). It's decent, but somehow it just feels right.

[Image: appenzeller-bier-quollfrisch--189372.jpg]

I want you all to take a closer look at the photo on the picture. Looks like a nice place, but most likely fake right?

Wrong.

[Image: 1200x677_seealpsee.jpg]

This is Seealpsee my friends, and this is heaven. Remember the tram stop Wasserauen I mentioned before? Take the short ride from Appenzell to there, and proceed to walk about an hour up a winding path. There's even a nice view of the mountain you just climbed up, Santis:

[Image: 8b5753d942e6e11ac9bf3a1a99a5720f.jpg]

I'm not joking when I say this place has so far transcended all of the natural beauty I've seen in this world. I went up there once alone on a cold, quiet day in late November when everything was foggy, and as I reached the beautiful lake overlooking the more beautiful mountains, the fog parted, and all I was left was shimmering sunlight reflecting off the freshly packed snow and frozen lake.

Sounds gay huh?

Well if you find natural beauty gay, then fuck me in the ass and call me Freddie Mercury. This is some shit I'd give up pussy for (for at least a week).

There's a ton more to Appenzell Innerhoden than just this, including some of the best cheese and beautiful valley views, but there's just not enough time here without boring you guys.

Bottom line: If you're in Western Europe and sick of city life, liberalism and rapefugees, go to Appenzell Innerhoden. It is the last bastion of normalcy in Europe. Just don't go there hunting for anything but mountain goat and good beer.

Also, here's another picture of Aescher, which is a short walk from Seealpsee, just to put the icing on the cake.

[Image: aescher.jpg]

Anyways, signing off.

Epic post! Im headed to the via ferratas of Italy in September. I'll be sure to make time to see this region as well now.

A killer sheet, Aer!! Repped. I have been there briefly and it's as good as you described.

True - been to the region - some of the most beautiful in the world.

Though dating wise you have to bring a girl with you. Occasionally hitting on waitresses can work out especially when they are foreigners and work there on 3-months work visas (3 months work, then back home, then again 3 months). Those girls are a good lay - they have time, are horny and are willing to fuck no matter whether they have a boyfriend at home.

Thanks for the sheet. I found myself becoming more and more interested in these places. Put Appenzell on my bucket list.

Quote:Quote:

Appenzell Innerhoden, Switzerland.

All German Speakers are giggling

Great post, I myself been thinking doing something like that one day, I am thinking about Faroe Islands.

The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote: (04-24-2017 01:36 PM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

True - been to the region - some of the most beautiful in the world.

Though dating wise you have to bring a girl with you. Occasionally hitting on waitresses can work out especially when they are foreigners and work there on 3-months work visas (3 months work, then back home, then again 3 months). Those girls are a good lay - they have time, are horny and are willing to fuck no matter whether they have a boyfriend at home.

Gonna have to vouch for something similar on this one - I've used the region as a dating place. Bringing girls there just somehow makes them wet, and it is a fun experience for both parties.

With the local girls, surprisingly Tinder isn't so bad. You can find some talent out here, especially in the small cities. Remember, when I knock Swiss girls, I'm just speaking of the Swiss girls in the cities, who may be hot but have the princess complex. I've found local Swiss girls out in the rural cantons to be nothing but super nice and curious. Actually, if you're looking for a wife, this is the place to be without being too off the beaten path.

If the federal court didn't interfere, women would still not be allowed to vote on the cantonal level.

Canton residents as well as Swiss citizens over the age of 18 with an established residence are eligible to vote. Since 1991 the voting card has served as authorisation to participate in the assembly. Men, however, are still allowed to present a bayonet – a sword that was generally passed down from generation to generation – which served as the only form of voting identification up until 1991. Women, who have only had the right to vote and be elected at the cantonal level in Appenzell Innerrhoden since 1991, simply carry their voting card with them. Speaking of voting rights for women: after the proposal of women's suffrage was rejected once again at the cantonal assembly in 1990, the Federal Supreme Court of Switzerland came to the aid of women wanting to vote following the filing of a constitutional appeal.

http://www.appenzell.ch/en/appenzell/lan...embly.html

I admire the people of Appenzell for rejecting almost every progressive federal law, be it a modified "modern" constitution, civil unions for homosexuals or easement of naturalizations, among others. Too bad they are outnumbered by the other cantons.

Quote: (04-24-2017 01:44 PM)reciproke Wrote:  

Thanks for the sheet. I found myself becoming more and more interested in these places. Put Appenzell on my bucket list.

Appenzell Innerhoden, Switzerland.

All German Speakers are giggling

My god I just realized what the misspelling means. [Image: laugh2.gif]

Also, at the end of today I'm going to post something about another hike which is just as good, if not better than the first, which was Santis (forgot to mention until later in the post).

Going to also include a guide on the cheeses since I fucking love the cheeses, and its viability as a date spot, which many of you correctly pointed out.

PART ZWEI

Had enough of Appenzell yet? Need some more to do here? Don't fret! Even in this small region, there's still a ton to do.

I recently found a Rick Steve's video on Appenzell (slightly surprised):

However, there are a few things wrong with the video. He constantly refers to the area around it as the Alps, this is incorrect. It is actually the Alpstein Massif, which is geologically separate and looks very distinct in comparison to the granite alps, as they are limestone.

Since they are limestone, there is something very different about them.

[Image: 40568_default_landscape.jpg]

Caves!

If you're an amateur spelunker, look no further. Up near Aescher (the guest house built into the mountain which I posted on the first post), there's a system of caves leading up to the peak of Ebenalp. These caves have ancient cave bear bones, Neanderthal cave drawings, and even a church built by hermit monks.

Not exciting enough for you? Walk up to Ebenalp and look around.

[Image: 29295419865_c2cf7d3969_b.jpg]

What you're looking at is both Seealpsee and Santis, both of which you have visited, from very very different angles. From the top of Ebenalp, you can even paraglide! Didn't do it, but I saw some of the looks on the peoples faces when they landed.

[Image: download.php?file_id=81&file_version=8]
Biggest. Regret. Ever.

All this hiking has got you hungry now huh?? Well fear not, Appenzell is actually quite known for its food along with its beer.

The cheeses which are brined and sold here have a very distinct and unique flavor, and they can even be a bit spicy. They've never given out the recipe, but they come in three flavors.

[Image: OpenGraph-Sortiment.jpg]
Don't leave the black one out for too long or everyone is going to hate you.

To go with this, if you like proper veal sausage, then Appenzell is where you want to be. Both the neighboring canton of St. Gallen and Appenzell actually have a very similar bratwurst, but both are absolutely delicious with a proper onion sauce.

Warning: Do not use mustard in front of locals in this area. They WILL yell at you.

So now, you've had your hike. You're all full. In the mood to go out? Find some girls? Good luck my friend, you've come very far from home. This is why I suggest bringing a date.

Reasons for bringing a date to Appenzell

1. Hikes that aren't too difficult, but always impress
2. Calm, comfortable surroundings and not too many people to bother you
3. No Japanese tourists with selfie sticks (they shoot on sight here)
4. Great, relatively affordable hotels (for Swiss prices) with sick views
5. Good beer and liquor to get you and her drunk by the fire

The one thing about this place is that most likely she has never heard of it or she has a picture that it is backward and stupid, especially if she is Swiss. Show her what a true masculine society looks like, and be sure to have her try some delicious Santis Malt Whiskey.

[Image: Santis+Malt+Edition+Alpstein.png]

However, don't make her try the Alpenbitter, as it tastes like Jagermeister mixed with grass, which is basically all that grows around here anyway.

With all of that said, visit this place. It'll really change ya, I know it did for me.

Here's a few other places which I didn't mention but deserve to be visited within Appenzell also:

Hoher Kasten

[Image: 20140703_Hoher_Kasten_Bollenwees_0075.jpg]
If you look over there son, you can see all of Lichtenstein!

Churfisten from Nesslau
[Image: von-nesslau-im-toggenburg-auf-den-speer-...e=1200px:*]

You know, I would post some girls if I could, but I searched far and wide and I couldn't find any pics online. This would probably be better.

RVF Appenzell Meetup, Summer 2042
[Image: Screen+shot+2011-06-07+at+2.11.59+PM.png]

Anything comparable to this in Austria? Would love to spend some extended time in a place like this at some point in my life but I'd fear the closed up nature of the Swiss and their crazy dialect are too much for me. I seem to get along better with Austrians.

Quote: (04-26-2017 09:23 AM)atlant Wrote:  

Anything comparable to this in Austria? Would love to spend some extended time in a place like this at some point in my life but I'd fear the closed up nature of the Swiss and their crazy dialect are too much for me. I seem to get along better with Austrians.

Of course:

The counties of Tirol, Vorarlberg and Salzburg give you similar views:

[Image: Tirol-Sommerurlaub.jpg]

[Image: lago-grundlseesalzkammergut.jpeg]

The northern mountain region of Italy offers similar scenery and experiences. The cultures are actually quite similar as well.

[Image: hallstatt-thumb-1024xauto-166941.jpg]

I have been banging my way through some of those cosy towns like Hallstatt.

Quote: (04-24-2017 11:54 AM)Aer Wrote:  

Also, here's another picture of Aescher, which is a short walk from Seealpsee, just to put the icing on the cake.

I just read that the Aescher guesthouse is now closed. The owner says he's fed up with annoying tourists. Only in Switzerland. http://www.blick.ch/news/schweiz/weltbek...99565.html

Quote: (04-29-2017 10:24 AM)MrRemi Wrote:  

Quote: (04-24-2017 11:54 AM)Aer Wrote:  

I just read that the Aescher guesthouse is now closed. The owner says he's fed up with annoying tourists. Only in Switzerland. http://www.blick.ch/news/schweiz/weltbek...99565.html

Actually, based on the article it is not closed.

What the article says:
- Sleeping at the hostel is no longer possible for tourists.
- Locals can still sleep at the hostel.
- You have to pay 2 bucks for additional cutlery. I guess they don't like when people share food.

Overall, the article suggest that they do quite well up there and instead of making more money, they want their peace with their kids.

Mannbibel - Meistgelesener Artikel: Dominiere deine Freundin im Bett
Die Rückkehr der Männlichkeit - a german blog written by Ray