rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Where to buy and what GQ clothes to buy?

I am looking to go hard on GQ style from now on, i want to say goodbye to hood style for good.

However i dont know where am i going to buy these clothes and im not sure on what i want to buy. Just want to make sure i look smart, neat and with mad style. I have been looking for a stylist but i cant find any online so i would be glad if you guys could give me a push.

Feel free to recommend me a good store for GQ clothes, i am ready to travel to any part of the world (any part of the US preferably) or an online site should do it too.

The baby blue suit below illustrates the type of GQ style i am looking for, basically something that would suit a young guy who is 25 ( i want to keep it young and stylish).

I would be glad to read any tips, sites, pics included on your recommendations etc

dude u dont wanna dress like that lol

there is a difference between sleek GQ and just looking like a clown or some fag.

The one in the middle and the one in yellow look like clowns i agree, but the first one has his style on point. But you may have a different opinion so its cool.

I'd say hit higher end stores like bloomingdale's or nordstrom and go for expensive brands and stuff that is preferably Italian made. Get a few nice fitting designer jeans, button down shirts, shoes, sports jackets, sweaters and a couple of suits, and you should be all set.

Game is a necessary evil

Don't you shit me, man! Why in the hell do you want to dress like those pussies?

With God's help, I'll conquer this terrible affliction.

By way of deception, thou shalt game women.

Diaboli virtus in lumbar est -The Devil's virtue is in his loins.

What country are you from? I gurantee you will have a hard time getting pussy dressed like Steve Harvey on crack in the states. Why don't you just get some nice jeans, v necks, clean shoes, maybe some button ups?

I get my suits made in Kuwait. Last round was:
1 cashmere suit
1 matching tie
3 shirts
1 full length overcoat (wool)
======================
$600

The shirts were Italian fabric, wool and cashmere from England. The tailoring is impeccable. Next project is having them copy my favorite peacoat with the most expensive wool available, 3 summer suits, and 2 winter varieties.

Hotels here cost about $100, meals around $5-10, and allow 5-7 days for your order to be ready.

I agree that the pictures above take it a bit too far in flamboyancy.

I think Zara is a good place if you are on a budget.

I agree with all the posts above, that is not the GQ that people on this forum talk about. If you want to dress well then look at the top actors and football players. And when I say actors I am talking about Brad Pitt and George Clooney , not Jason Statham. As YMG said, start with Zara.

The most important thing that gets overlooked, THE CLOTHES SHOULD FIT. And I mean everything, even your damn boxers should be the size that they should be. That is what differentiates a chode who doesn't know what he is doing from a guy who knows something about clothes.

Realize that dressing well is not something that you learn overnight, I feel embarrassed when I look at the shit that I used to wear when I was in my early 20s but at that time I used to think that I am the coolest cat on the planet.

I see a few people wear suits on this forum, but where would you wear one (besides weddings and formal business) ? and how often would you wear it ??

and no need to feel embarrassed about the past...its only clothes

I use this site for some of the "lookbooks"

http://www.kinowear.com

I said to play a more high-end stores and Bloomingdale's or NORDSTROM expensive brand and what is best in Italy. Find a few nice decoration designer jeans, button down shirt, shoes, sports jackets, sweaters and a suitable couple, you should have set.

One thing to keep in mind is that your style should have a masculine edge. Putting on some muscle goes a long way, in that regard - a bland outfit can look great if it fits well and you're muscular. A lot of the trendy fashion stuff is just fashion nerds competing with each other, but isn't especially sexual. Layer for a sophisticated look, but throw in something bold as well.

Some very good advice, the best being to buy clothes that fit your body. Nothing worse than guys wearing oversized clothing, the look should look custom without the price. Zara is a good shop but i would only pick certain pieces from there, another store that is not too bad is uniglo(but the quality is suspect).

For me the most important piece is the shoes, buy the most expensive shoes you can afford. It will make any outfit look rich and women will notice.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

There are better developed forums on men's clothing elsewhere on the internet:

Guys who dress masculine but don't spend money unnecessarily
(will have to hunt for the forum button, which is the heart of the site):
http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/

Guys who don't care about the cost:
http://www.styleforum.net/

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

Personally I'm a fan of Lacoste's clothing (although it is overpriced).

Quote: (09-14-2011 01:44 PM)Blackhawk Wrote:  

There are better developed forums on men's clothing elsewhere on the internet:

Guys who dress masculine but don't spend money unnecessarily
(will have to hunt for the forum button, which is the heart of the site):
http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/

Guys who don't care about the cost:
http://www.styleforum.net/

The above are good resources.

If you like preppy style and want tips on getting the look in an affordable way this is a good resource: http://anaffordablewardrobe.blogspot.com/

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Pitt - I believe you are in the UK, so you are spoilt for choice for suits and shoes. I have bought nice suits from Next, John Lewis and even Debenhams. For casual clothing I feel America has much cheaper prices and better styles.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Agree with most of the above...#1 thing to remember is where clothes that fit. Don't have a tailor? Get one! #3 thing is that it is better to be on the more dressy side than less dressy side. I go to an aged, short Italian man from Naples who fortunately set up shop in my town 40 years ago. Most off the rack shirts need to be altered (if they are the non-iron kind, this gets tricky). Better yet, get them made to measure from the start. Might cost you $100 but it's worth it. There are several "online" tailoring places that will do this. IF they dont look perfect though, then you can still go to your local friend the tailor (become their friend) to get their opinion and see what needs to be done. Don't wear baggy crap that makes you look like a teenage wannabe from 1998. Wear good stuff, clean stuff, that fits you. If it were colder here, I would wear suits more often.

Quote: (09-14-2011 07:06 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

Pitt - I believe you are in the UK, so you are spoilt for choice for suits and shoes. I have bought nice suits from Next, John Lewis and even Debenhams. For casual clothing I feel America has much cheaper prices and better styles.

Dont forget Marks and Sparks! Quality to price, I,ve yet to find anything better.

When people refer to "GQ" style, i think it,s just a general reference to a more sartorial look.

Bear in mind, GQ as with say mens health, is basically an advertorial. It's a great starting point, but thei nfo out there is better and more in depth and not so fashion fickle.

A great blog for suits, albeit commercially linked:

off the cuff

(the better entries are generally the older ones)

I am no gentleman

Quote: (08-26-2011 05:01 AM)pitt Wrote:  

I am looking to go hard on GQ style from now on, i want to say goodbye to hood style for good.

However i dont know where am i going to buy these clothes and im not sure on what i want to buy. Just want to make sure i look smart, neat and with mad style. I have been looking for a stylist but i cant find any online so i would be glad if you guys could give me a push.

Feel free to recommend me a good store for GQ clothes, i am ready to travel to any part of the world (any part of the US preferably) or an online site should do it too.

The baby blue suit below illustrates the type of GQ style i am looking for, basically something that would suit a young guy who is 25 ( i want to keep it young and stylish).

I would be glad to read any tips, sites, pics included on your recommendations etc

Man wtf all those dudes look gay you really don't want to dress like that I agree.

Fuck all the dumb ass trends, go classic with your style like a pea coat.

Do the basics very well, nice cologne, nice jeans no ed hardy, glitter rhinestone bullshit. just nice dark jeans, crisp white dress shirt, classic watch etc.

But that shit you looking at is not GQ, don't believe the hype. Stop watching fashion shows that shit will have you looking like pee wee herman.

On the other hand why do you want to go all GQ anyway, fuck with those bitched think wear whatever the fuck you want they either like ya or not.

http://www.gilt.com/

I've gotten a lot of great stuff from there. You need to sign up for membership (free) and it takes less than a day usually to be accepted.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Fashion is overrated..

Find the brands you like and buy those at outlets and rack stores. For example, I love Tommy Bahama, and Nordstrom Rack often has serious markdowns.
scroll to the bottom

http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/tommy-bahama...r-dropdown

I just got a pair of Bruno Magli shoes at the Rack, regularly $350 at zappos, $179 at the rack.

I also like Joseph Abboud, and you can get great sportcoats there for about $200.

Saks Off 5th is good, too.

http://off5th.com/CN/Channelnet.cnsp?cn=...ekey=20430

So is Filene's basement.

http://www.filenesbasement.com/men.php

At 25 you do not want to dress like guys in GQ. You should be wearing tight fitting good jeans, sneakers or loafers and button down shirts. For jeans I recommend diesel, true religion, or g-star. I was talking to a hottie who worked in Diesel NYC and she said that girls notice good jeans before anything. Don't be cheap. A good pair will not be less that $200.

If you come to NYC, you can find everything in Soho, Union Square, and 5th Ave, in midtown. I met a guy on a plane once who comes to NYC every year just to buy clothes. He lives in the midwest somewhere.