rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Alternatives to Google?

Alternatives to Google?

I assume this has been addressed before, but what is the best search engine to use if you don't want to use Google? I've bit the bullet and used the Big G even though there is mounting evidence the company is in bed with the Loony Left.
However, today was the last straw. Today, the Google logo featured a band of happy children which included a transgender kid. Did you hear that? A transgender kid. Google is now party to this sick movement to mutilate children. I am done with Google as of today.
What is the best alternative?

Alternatives to Google?

Duckduckgo

Alternatives to Google?

I use dogpile every now and then. I

Alternatives to Google?

DuckDuckGo

Alternatives to Google?

Quote: (03-31-2017 03:14 PM)ColSpanker Wrote:  

I assume this has been addressed before, but what is the best search engine to use if you don't want to use Google? I've bit the bullet and used the Big G even though there is mounting evidence the company is in bed with the Loony Left.
However, today was the last straw. Today, the Google logo featured a band of happy children which included a transgender kid. Did you hear that? A transgender kid. Google is now party to this sick movement to mutilate children. I am done with Google as of today.

Yep, you are talking about this Doodle-doo-doo:
[Image: screen%20shot%202017-03-31%20at%20103144%20am.png]

As for an alternative search engine suggestion, you may want to try Startpage. I've been using it for the past year.

Alternatives to Google?

satanic shadow puppets behind their heads?

Alternatives to Google?

Quote: (03-31-2017 03:31 PM)budoslavic Wrote:  

There I fixed it for you!

[Image: jXZA5ct.jpg]

We move between light and shadow, mutually influencing and being influenced through shades of gray...

Alternatives to Google?

Does anyone use Pale Moon?

Alternatives to Google?

As for an alternative search engine suggestion, you may want to try Startpage. I've been using it for the past year.

Came in here to post this. Damn they never stop with the propaganda.

Alternatives to Google?

startpage.com
ixquick.com

Alternatives to Google?

Quote: (03-31-2017 05:22 PM)ColSpanker Wrote:  

Yes. I use Pale Moon browser regularly.

When the SJW snowflakes inside Mozilla (Firefox) organization got rid of Brendan Eich, I immediately stopped using FF as a big "fuck you" and switched over to other browsers (Pale Moon, Opera and Vivaldi).

In my opinion, Pale Moon is an excellent and stable browser. You can even use and install Firefox's add-ons (i.e., AdBlock, NoScript, etc.), which will work fine in Pale Moon.

Give it a whirl.

Alternatives to Google?

Anyone use Yandex here?

,,Я видел, куда падает солнце!
Оно уходит сквозь постель,
В глубокую щель!"
-Андрей Середа, ,,Улица чужих лиц", 1989 г.

Alternatives to Google?

Quote: (03-31-2017 09:05 PM)budoslavic Wrote:  

When the SJW snowflakes inside Mozilla (Firefox) organization got rid of Brendan Eich, I immediately stopped using FF as a big "fuck you" and switched over to other browsers (Pale Moon, Opera and Vivaldi).

In my opinion, Pale Moon is an excellent and stable browser. You can even use and install Firefox's add-ons (i.e., AdBlock, NoScript, etc.), which will work fine in Pale Moon.

Give it a whirl.

I used to use Chrome after Eich got fired from Mozilla, but now I use Brave (Eich's new browser).

,,Я видел, куда падает солнце!
Оно уходит сквозь постель,
В глубокую щель!"
-Андрей Середа, ,,Улица чужих лиц", 1989 г.

Alternatives to Google?

Quote: (04-01-2017 09:36 AM)fokker Wrote:  

Quote: (03-31-2017 09:05 PM)budoslavic Wrote:  

Give it a whirl.

I used to use Chrome after Eich got fired from Mozilla, but now I use Brave (Eich's new browser).

Brave is a pretty good browser to use as well. It is still young, but it is constantly making improvements.

Alternatives to Google?

I think it should go beyond just not using google as a search engine, you should try to get out of their products entirely.

Last night deleted chrome entirely off my samsung phone and switched to BRAVE, made by the former Mozilla CEO who dared to quietly and personally donate to traditional marriage groups in line with public opinion at the time (seperate forum thread on it here: thread-57401...=mozilla).

It works great. Also you can switch the default search engine within BRAVE to be DUCKDUCKGO. I was quite skeptical at first, but sincerely it works really well. Today I'm going to delete chrome from my laptop and switch to Brave as well. This may sound overdamatic but being free from Google in even a small way makes me feel great.

This is key, because by using any google (now alphabet) product, you are giving them incredible access to your information, and as this thread shows, their intentions are nothing short of nefarious and evil. Any info you give them, which is a lot just by using their products, is info they use to get more money and more power.

I would greatly appreciate any alternatives people have to google maps and google translate. I readily admit those are good products, but I'm truly at the point now where I will sacrifice some quality for alternatives. Does anyone have suggestions on those?

Alternatives to Google?

And once again, we see White men being denigrated. Here we have a white male faggot, and another (possibly Asian male?) who's a cripple. The only heterosexual here is the Black dude, presumably he'll be taking care of the Christian girl, but Google doesn't believe that he's smart enough to know that "e" equals MC^2. Nothing but a useful stud to amuse the Western women as they race towards infertility.

Alternatives to Google?

I was wondering about the androgynous hippie reject with the dreadlock? Is she/he/it a cancer victim or a crack addict?
(I vote for crack addict that s why it got the syringe)

We move between light and shadow, mutually influencing and being influenced through shades of gray...

Alternatives to Google?

https://duckduckgo.com/ was mentioned, and is a great search engine.

I personally prefer https://searx.me

If you want to avoid Gmail, get an email on ProtonMail (free, safe, encrypted, and servers are not based in USA).

If you want to avoid Google Chrome, get Firefox, or Brave : https://www.brave.com

Alternatives to Google?

The creepiest part is the black kid and the older guy in the cane on the right end.

Notice where the black kid's hand is...

In other news, you have to give Google some credit for dropping their old motto, at least they're not total hypocrites:

[Image: googleevil.jpg]

“Nothing is more useful than to look upon the world as it really is.”

Alternatives to Google?

Quote: (04-01-2017 02:36 PM)Soyouz Wrote:  

If you want to avoid Gmail, get an email on ProtonMail (free, safe, encrypted, and servers are not based in USA).

If you want to avoid Google Chrome, get Firefox, or Brave : https://www.brave.com

Do you know any good alternatives to Google maps or google translate?

Alternatives to Google?

Not read any replies. But I'll just jump in quickly.

There are no alternatives to google.

You might use a different search engine, but it won't be as good. Google is the best. Besides the point really, but just wanted to mention it.

You can't avoid google. Their analytics is used on a frightening number of websites. You can block it. To a point. But it goes deeper.

All the time, google is there, on the backbone of the internet, crawling with their spiders, traversing the interwebs, putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with you!

They also buy out rival search engines that are better, then kill them. Forget the names of them now (I have them somewhere) - but there was one French company - amazing search engine. You could type in a search and a little graphic would come up with arrows and links to all the people that linked to them. Super powerful. Disruptive technology. Could not be allowed to exist. Bought. Killed.

Embrace, extend, destroy is the mantra of Microsoft, but it is the mantra of any monopoly when sufficiently powerful.

Don't forget google is CIA/FBI/NSA - who the fuck knows. But they got the visit after the metaphorical horse's head on the bed. Do you really think Larry and Sergey told them to fuck off? I think not.

So don't bother using an alternative. I don't. Hell, I even let them have all the information they want by being plugged in to youtube at the same time and google plus. It's a data-fetishist's wet dream what they have on me. But I want the fuckers to know.

You see me fight like a paranoid little rat on many privacy/anonymity issues. But I am a realist/rationalist/pragmatist at the end of the day. I just don't want dirty fucking Doris from no.39 viewing my deeper personal thoughts on lesbianism and blue-haired feminism because she would take enough offence to fuck me up if she could. I trust the NSA/CIA/FBI more than that cunt.

It may seem like I am contradicting myself here. I'm just saying what works for me and what my needs are. I have nothing to hide, morally. But I don't want to have to argue that toss with an antifa faggot at my front door, thank you very much.

The cat is out of the bag, the ship has sailed, your goose has been cooked.

It's too late now. No need to posture. You were warned but you didn't listen, so now you reap the whirlwind.

You can run, but you can't hide.

Look what they did to Scroogle. Remember them?

Google are the Tyrell Corporation. The evil empire. They feed of wannabee hacker faggots that will live in tent city and sell their own granny down the river just to be a 'part of something'.

You are fucked. We are fucked. The sooner we all realise just how fucked we all are, the sooner we can all do something to unfuck everything.

If using duckduckgo makes you feel like you are fighting the good fight, then, well, I don't know what more to say.

You need to comprehend the magnitude of this situation. Alphabet. ABC, easy as 123, ABC. CIA, FBI, spying on you and I, FBI...

Gotta go, there's someone at the door.

Alternatives to Google?

Quote: (04-01-2017 03:51 PM)Robert High Hawk Wrote:  

Quote: (04-01-2017 02:36 PM)Soyouz Wrote:  

Do you know any good alternatives to Google maps or google translate?

Sadly, no.... OpenStreetMap is somewhat tolerable, but the quality doesn't compare to Google Maps.

The last poster (Rigsby) mentioned it's hard to avoid using Google. And he's almost right... You could install Linux, use Tor or a VPN to surf the internet. But it takes a lot of knowledge to use those correctly.

Avoiding Google/Apple is like living off the grid. Is it doable? Yeah, but it's a pain in the ass to get your own piece of land, grow your own food, get some solar panels, etc...

However, we can hit Google hard by stopping to use Google Search, and Gmail. How does Google get their money? Not with their Pixel phone (what a stupid name for a phone BTW)... They get their money with all the information they gather on their search engine, and also through advertisement.

If we simply stop using Gmail and Google search, it's already a good start.

I feel less guilty to use other services than Google, just like I feel less guilty to drink my espresso from a regular coffee guy over a Starbuck (aka pro fag, pro trans, pro rapefugees).

Alternatives to Google?

DuckDuckGo is a pretty decent alternative to Google.

Alternatives to Google?

Bing.com

Alternatives to Google?

Many thanks for the data, brothers!

I am trying out brave and been using duck duck go just for kicks ( don't have any illusion of being able to hide),also trying many of the other alternatives posted here. It does feel fresh to try something new!