rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to afford decent clothes?

How do you guys afford good/stylish clothes if you guys are on a budget or don't have that much money?

A lot of my clothes comes off the clearance racks, b/c it's shit most guys are afraid to wear. Sign up for all your favorite clothing stores online. They send out emails with sales and coupon codes. Go beforehand to make sure how each brand fits. Dappered.com is a great resource for budget duds. Macy's and Dillards have shit hot sales between seasons. Ebay is good for footwear. Patience is key.

Start buying everything online! I just bought $400 burberry sunglasses for $100 from ebay. Seriously, cut out the middle man and you'll save big, unless you have enough rep with one store to get a significant discount... but even then I doubt it would be worth the effort.

Jcrew just had a 30% off, gap has a 50% off in store right now, uniqlo in nyc you can get nice shirts for 20 bucks, H&M, converses on 6pm.com for 20 bucks etc.. just be on the look out, sign up to styleforum.com and see what's going on, patch things up together and you can make something look good.

Hit the malls when the sales are, in Canada it is Boxing day or end of summer. In the USA, thanksgiving is a great time to buy stuff period. Buy the basics and stay away from patterns etc. Splurge on a good suit, a good pair of dress shoes and buy clothes that fit properly.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

I've been thinking about this a lot too as I've really been trying lately to develop my wardrobe more. At 28 I'm getting too old to still dress like shit. That's college stuff.

Anyway, the way I look at it, you just gotta go for quality and always keep your eyes peeled. Online might be cheaper, but I've never done it because I'm worried about things fitting properly. The way I work it, I'm always shopping around. Clothes are an investment; you just gotta put the time and money in. Work, save, and keep up on the sales. Just make sure the stuff you are buying is worth the money. Better to buy one awesome pair of jeans than a couple shitty shirts. Don't be afraid to shop in low-end stores though. Sometimes you can find some diamonds in the shit pile.

Also, take advantage of store associate knowledge. Sometimes they know of a sale coming up or another store you might like. Those who work at the higher-end stores tend to be pretty knowledgeable about stuff like that.

My favorite brand is having 30% off right now.. but this is more travel wear than club wear:

http://www.icebreaker.com/site/catalog/s...gender=Man

Macy's coupons in the Sunday paper. You can ask women you know to clip them for you.
They do it anyway for themselves.

I get discounts with a lot of places through work.

If you find a brand of shoes you like a lot they usually all fit the same. You can order them
online at a discount.

Learn how to take care of your nicer clothes too. You can't just throw stuff if the wash.

Team Nachos

Oh, just to second all of the online coupon talk.. My Chase card has an affiliate marketplace in the rewards section. You go and buy from their affiliates and it gives you X for 1 pts per dollar spent. I can get 5 pts a buck at Adidas!

FOrever 21 has good selection of men's clothing. H&M. Both are affordable.

Quote: (08-26-2011 01:39 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

FOrever 21 has good selection of men's clothing. H&M. Both are affordable.

Also check out Zara and Uniqlo. Especially Uniqlo has very high quality stuff at very good prices.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Get a job.

I'm not being a smart-ass or anything. But if you start dating older women they might start
to buy you clothes and other gifts.

Team Nachos

Quote: (08-25-2011 06:53 PM)Ohiogang Wrote:  

How do you guys afford good/stylish clothes if you guys are on a budget or don't have that much money?
Its not necessary to buy branded clothes when we don't have a proper budget,at that time we can go for decent clothes which suits our personality..

Outlet stores my man.

I got a pair of 7 for all mankind jeans, slick cut for like 60, normally priced at 200.

Got my other pair of Rock and Republic gray jeans for 80, normally like 220 or something stupid.

I've been wearing these two pairs of jeans for about 2 years straight now. Both from nordstrom rack. Less than a cent a day to wear these jeans.

As those above me said, sales are your best bet. I recently picked up some sick CK sweaters for 35 a pop instead of their normal price of 80.

Wait for trends to fall out of style, and for seasonal clothings to shift.

Buy winter garments in the summer, buy the summer shit in winter. Gotta look a little harder in this case though.

I've started to adopt Roosh's style of plain Ts, and the big advantage to these is that they're cheap. Wally World had nice quality Hanes plain T-shirts in a big variety of colors for like $4, cant beat that.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Quote: (08-25-2011 07:12 PM)FilMor Wrote:  

Jcrew just had a 30% off, gap has a 50% off in store right now, uniqlo in nyc you can get nice shirts for 20 bucks, H&M, converses on 6pm.com for 20 bucks etc.. just be on the look out, sign up to styleforum.com and see what's going on, patch things up together and you can make something look good.

H&M all the way. I was in the US a few weeks ago and I bought about 15 t shirt for about 80 bucks. I think they were $5.95 each. I've washed a few of them a few times and they aren't like others that start to look old.