rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Just arrived in Santiago a few hours ago

I'm trippin out being back on the road again. Haven't done this in a few years.

I see a completo in your near future

Roosh I totally know see what you mean now when you mentioned the Chilean chics being homely. I see some that have pretty faces, but they dont have style here at all.

go to a cafe con piernas and bar constitucion in bellavista.

Ok, I had a change of heart. On closer observation, I think there are MANY naturally beautiful Chilean women. But they lack in the style department and dress here is fairly conservative overall, and most of them don´t have ass. But it´s cool, I´m really not in Chile to pick up girls, I came here to visit friends and enjoy natural scenery and cool towns like Valparaiso. I´ll save the girl part of the trip for Brazil. [Image: smile.gif]

Valparaiso is very nice. If you step in argentina though, chile will be forgotten quickly.

Quote: (03-18-2009 11:55 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Valparaiso is very nice. If you step in argentina though, chile will be forgotten quickly.

Wow! Sounds good, can´t wait to find out!

Just did my Bolivia off road tour to the salar de uyuni. Pretty damn amazing place though I couldn't get out of Bolivia fast enough. That was 4 of the roughest days of my life. I wonder if there's any such thing as a hot Bolivian woman? I'm sure there has to be at least one somewhere.

Yeah in the east i hear they are pretty decent. In the highlands you get the indigenous folk

Just got to Buenos Aires this morning. It's probably a bit premature given that it's monday and it's only my first day, but so far, I'm not all that impressed. Walking around, I just don't have that "wow, can't believe I'm here" feeling I got in Paris or even Bangkok. But maybe it'll grow on me over the week. Seen way more hotties per capita in Mendoza. The city itself is much dirtier than I thought it was going to be. It looks a lot like downtown L.A. with a bunch of old european style buildings mixed in with newer glass buildings and streets filled with trash and grit, like a dirtier NYC but more southern European in feel. Makes Santiago look like a clean room. If you've been to Paris, Barcelona and Rome, the architecture is already familiar to you so you won't be bowled over by it. It's only my first day so I haven't done much yet. Rolled in at around 8am, and check in wasn't till after noon. I took a siesta as I hadn't slept well on the overnight bus. Showered, went out to eat and for a walk to get my bearings and see the neighborhood. Toke a stroll along the avenue with the obelisk and Florida street and saw some tango performances in the street. Thought it interesting that this place seems to have a higher McDonalds/Burger King concentration than even the U.S. It's now 10:30p and I'm at the hostel figuring out what I want to do tomorrow. My room mates in the hostel is a German girl who is going back to Germany tomorrow and 2 youngish Brit guys who were pretty cool, but probably more than a decade younger than me so I can only so relate to their desire to spend their whole trip binge drinking.

I'm starting to think I just prefer the smaller towns when it comes to travel.

A buddy of mine had put me in touch with an Argentine girl who lives here who is a Spanish teacher and she takes students out clubbing and shows them the nightlife. I added her to my facebook and she was all hyped about showing me around. I hit her up the other day and haven't heard back yet. So we'll see. B.A. seems like the the kind of city that's best experienced if you can get in with a local and really dig into the local scene since the "must see" sights can be done in 2 days tops.

Don't judge a book by its cover just yet... BA is like being in Madrid for 1/4 of the price.

The girls range from decent to stunning/super-model type (in my opinion), they all look the same and usually won't give you the time of day.
Possibility of one night stand are very low. A lot of girls are having dinner together and don't give a fuck about meeting a guy.

The nightlife is decent though,
Make sure you go to Palermo Viejo (garriti, honduras streets). There's also Palermo SoHo near Plaza Serrano but I didn't have much luck there. Tons of bars that spillout onto the streets. Just come up to random girls and say "do you speak english" or "ever been with an american?" (don't say 'hi' or 'como estas' or any of that bullshit) and you'll have a good time.

How's your spanish, btw?

My Spanish is just at the travaler Spanish level, but fortunately many in Argentina speak a little English, unlike Chile where NOBODY speaks English.

Funny that you find it cheap here, I don't think it's all that cheap as people claim. Certain things are like steaks and transportation costs, but other things seemed to be priced no differently than they are in the US. Went to a club last night, still $7 - $8 for a mixed drink, no different than most US cities. I still usually end up spending $15 minimum on dinner for example a steak, potatoes and 2 soft drinks. And other basic things you need like deodorant, toothpaste, bottle of water, snacks, etc I don't see any difference in price from the USA.

Btw, I like B.A. a bit more now. I just needed a few days to branch out a bit. San Telmo where I'm at can look like skid row in certain parts so my impression was tainted. Recoleta is really nice.

Quote:Quote:

BA is like being in Madrid for 1/4 of the price

why does everyone say that

buenos aires is the shit. youre right though, you have to get in with a local in order to find out the good spots. last night we hit the place called sugar in palermo at the corner of costa rica and armenia. great place, hot girls, cheap drinks (before 12 evertyhing is 5 pesos?). Tonight check out congo on honduras street, also in palermo. as for the girls, i hate to say it but the key to getting with girls when youre traveling alone i to talk to other guys so as to not just have a wing man but also feel more comfortable and less self conscious. sometimes all u gotta say is hi.

Try Gibraltar(almost sure this is the name) bar in San Telmo, it is a backpackers place with some Argentian also, met there quite nice girls and had an almost fuck with a nice OZ girl.

Quote: (04-09-2009 05:42 PM)mojodrew Wrote:  

you have to get in with a local in order to find out the good spots. last night we hit the place called sugar in palermo at the corner of costa rica and armenia.

Sorry but all the places you mentioned, especially Sugar, are bars aimed at Gringos. I wouldnt reccomend those as places that only locals would find since half the people that go there are foreigners. I do agree that its still pretty good though.

Serano is the bomb, many nights had good success there after wasting my time in nearby clubs. Also, cross the railroad track and check out hollywood.

Buenos Aires also has every scene imaginable. It took me a month to find out where the hipsters and punks hangout, by then I didn't bother with soho.

Quote: (05-08-2009 12:47 AM)travelstobang Wrote:  

Buenos Aires also has every scene imaginable. It took me a month to find out where the hipsters and punks hangout, by then I didn't bother with soho.

agreed that palermo hollywood has some nice places, especially calle niceto vega on sunday nights with ink and this reggae bar. what hipster/punk places were you talking about?

Yeah where do the hipsters hang out?

Quote: (05-09-2009 06:11 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Yeah where do the hipsters hang out?

Hipsters:
There's a couple of recurring events which mostly indie music. "Fiesta Hey" is one of them, they change venues on a regular basis. Niceto club has a so-so indie night each fridays if I remember correctly. It's an ok place to get started and find out about other events. Same type of deal with the roxy.

Punks:
Ask around for "bond alley". It's a mini-mall on Santa Fe where wannabe punks hang out. Event flyers are available in the shops. Also on Santa Fe, but near the zoo, you'll find a place which plays the ramones each thursdays until 7am. Don't expect many beauties.

I'll be in BA, May 29 - June 6. Anyone around?

Getting back to the topic of this thread.

What is worth seeing and doing in Chile.

I am going to the southern part of Chile in a few hours but will be Santiago later. Is Northern Chile worth checking out?

Any tips for the bar scene in Santiago? Tips of gaming the local girls?

Quote: (10-20-2009 06:41 PM)Lumiere Wrote:  

Getting back to the topic of this thread.

What is worth seeing and doing in Chile.

I am going to the southern part of Chile in a few hours but will be Santiago later. Is Northern Chile worth checking out?

Any tips for the bar scene in Santiago? Tips of gaming the local girls?

Northern Chile is pretty cool. If you don't like deserts though then you might not like it. San Pedro de Atacama is where all the gringos go as their base to explore N. Chile. The landscape up there looks like another planet. Check out the Valley of the moon, the Valley of death and some of the salars. Try sandboarding, mountainbiking, horseback riding, stargazing(clearest skies in the world in N. Chile) and maybe even the 4 day Jeep excursion to the Salar de Uyuni in Bolivia. There's plenty of stuff to keep you busy. It's got some cool little bars and restaurants too with a quaint feel to them. It was definitely worth checking out to me from the eco-tourist angle.

As for girls in Santiago, can't help you there, I didn't bother approaching any, but I can say they do have kind of a conservative vibe. I didn't see many hot girls though I saw some that were decent. Chile isn't a very stylish country and women there don't flaunt their sexuality(and they all have flat asses btw, complete opposite of Brasil). Check out some bars and stuff around Bellavista, or try to meet some chics at the beach at Vina del Mar. That's as good as I can suggest. I think Santiago is a cool place as far as standard of living and it's awesome setting at the foothills of the Andes, but it ain't no party town.

Can you get a bus from atacama to Bolivia / Salar de Uyuni?

I dont like the sound of a 4 day jeep trek. Would just like to get the bus into Bolivia and make my own way. Want to go to Sucre and Santa cruz in bolivia too.

Quote: (10-20-2009 09:23 PM)Lumiere Wrote:  

Can you get a bus from atacama to Bolivia / Salar de Uyuni?

I dont like the sound of a 4 day jeep trek. Would just like to get the bus into Bolivia and make my own way. Want to go to Sucre and Santa cruz in bolivia too.

No buses that I'm aware of, there are no paved roads. There's a paved road from San Pedro up to the border with Bolivia. On the Bolivian side, it's just dirt for the rest of the way and the trip is much like being in a rally. 4 days is the time for a trip there and back to SP. If you're going direct with no stops then one way it's about an 8 hour drive. Ask around for one way service to the town of Uyuni. I'm sure something can be arranged. Be prepared for extreme altitude change too. SP is at 8,000ft, some parts of the road to Uyuni are double that altitude. I'd highly recommend though taking the regular scenic tour to Uyuni across the altiplano that takes a few days. It was one of the highlights of my 2 months in S. America.