rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

For the vast majority of you...

The bulk of the really good posts on here revolve around smaller guys trying to get bigger. I can totally relate to these posts. I graduated college at 6'2" and 175 lbs, but am sitting right now at 257 with a 34" waist. So as someone who has made the transformation and helped quite a few people join the sleeve busters union, I have a unique perspective on this.

95% percent of you who are trying to make a transformation (and by this I mean you go from an average guy to looking a big fucking dude with relatively low bodyfat) are not going to be happy with the rate of progress on your physique until you either accept that you're going to progress much slower than you think and hit the limit much sooner, or you start using anabolic steroids.

if looking that certain way you want to to look for whatever reason is a big priority in your life and you're beating yourself up over not looking that way after x many years of training then you should either start cycling some test or make a conscious shift in your mind set to accept that your progress is going to go slower than magazines and YouTube and supplements have led you to believe.

For most of you, the change in mindset is the way to go. I'm 27 and just to be honest I'm going to be on TRT forever because of my use of gear. But it's something I love, I breathe bodybuilding. I'm not doing it to pick up women or make up for a short stature, I just love the process. But most people are not like that, to them it's "I'm gonna get swole and then finally I'll be a McStud and my sex life will bloom like never before" and that's just a terrible thing to beat yourself up over because it's not true and it's probably going to take 8 years of busting your ass in the gym and eating like a robot.

Quote: (03-10-2017 09:23 AM)Steelex Wrote:  

For most of you, the change in mindset is the way to go. I'm 27 and just to be honest I'm going to be on TRT forever because of my use of gear. But it's something I love, I breathe bodybuilding. I'm not doing it to pick up women or make up for a short stature, I just love the process. But most people are not like that, to them it's "I'm gonna get swole and then finally I'll be a McStud and my sex life will bloom like never before" and that's just a terrible thing to beat yourself up over because it's not true and it's probably going to take 8 years of busting your ass in the gym and eating like a robot.

This is exactly what I have only discovered in the last 12 months or so. The change in mind set. I got on and off of the workout train so many times after high school, and had no idea why I never even saw a little success each time. It simply didn't matter because of bad habits and the wrong mindset.

For once in my life I have seen some success, which every other time never happened. That's because, although I have goals to look better, the primary and short term objective is to build good habits. I really do think all of the research, all of the exercise, everything would have been for not, if I hadn't focused on good habits. It is the mind set that puts you back on track after a day or two of set backs. It is the mind set that reminds me to get off my ass in the morning, or say no at work.

The point is, whether it takes a year or 5 years, it doesn't matter. As long as the mind set becomes natural, habitual or "robotic" things can only get better. Commitment to the goal is needed, and the only way to maintain commitment for that amount of time, is the right mind set.

Well people don't get it, they think they can look like a guy who competes in classic physique because to them it looks more attainable than trying to make it as a super heavy.

What they dont get is that even the guy who looks like he could be on the cover of men's health, is juicing and has been working out for 10+ years and probably played HS football before that.

What you think is 1.5 years in the gym is probably 6 years.

People see a picture of a mass monster like Jay Cutler and think "man it would take 10 years and massive amounts of steroids for me to look like that guy" when the truth is that they will never ever look anything close to that no matter what drugs they take. They just don't have the right genes. Go look at a picture of Jay Cutler at 19 and ask yourself "have I ever in my life seen a 19 year old who looked like that?" and the answer is no.

Jay Cutler...

19:

[Image: jay_cutler_1993.jpg]

[Image: iydbJQT-1.jpg]

What's crazy is that's probably before he ever got on the sauce. Some guys might juice for years and never have that quad build.

A lot of you guys see a pic of a bodybuilder or fitness model and say "that's my goal physique" when in reality his starting game is your end game. It's like the difference between being born filthy rich or born broke, so for your own mental health you cant get too mad when you look in the mirror and compare yourself to somebody who might as well be from another planet physiologically.

That funny part about that cutler picture is that he looks like some dudes when they're on GH, test and the whole kitchen sink--and he's 19 and possibly natty. I don't know whether or not he was juicing but he has some serious genetics.

[Image: mindblown.gif]

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.