rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

ASMR and its Applicability to Game: A Datasheet

Have you ever felt that certain random sensations, such as the clinking of a spoon on a fine china teacup, or the feeling of having your hair cut, or the sound of a beautiful girl whispering in your ear, can trigger tingling sensations around your body; ones that you find intensely pleasurable, or relaxing? Does it feel like you're having a 'head orgasm' of sorts?

You are not the only one. Far from it, in fact.

There is an online subculture of people creating videos specifically designed to induce this aural/tactile sensation in viewers - Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response, or ASMR for short. It's even received mainstream coverage: https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archi...sm/282356/

Quote:Quote:

I am sitting at my desk in a nearly empty office on a December evening, feeling the sort of directionless melancholy that tends to take hold as the holiday season sets in, listening to a video of a gentle Russian woman whispering in my ear about how much she cares about my relaxation.

“You are appreciated,” she says, making scratching noises into a microphone so it sounds like she’s scratching my head. “I would like to protect you, to comfort you, to help you relax and forget about your trouble, whatever it is.”

I’ve got to be honest, it feels like a pretty weird and lonely thing to do.

But the video doesn’t work on me the way it’s supposed to. For many of her fans, Maria’s voice causes a sensation the Internet has dubbed ASMR—autonomous sensory meridian response. Those who get ASMR describe the experience as a tingling inside their heads, or a head rush. Sometimes the sensation extends down their backs or limbs. It’s often referred to as a brain-gasm, but counterintuitively, it’s also supposed to be relaxing, a mellow feeling. Some people watch the videos to help them sleep at night. And even without the tingles, it is sort of relaxing, if you can get past the dissonance of someone whispering in your ear while you scroll through Twitter in your cubicle, or whatever.

Aside from whispering, some of the other things that can trigger the sensation include tapping or scratching sounds, the sound of rain, or white noise. And it’s not just sounds: People report getting ASMR when getting a haircut, or an ear exam—any kind of close, personal attention.

It is really quite difficult to conceptualize what exactly ASMR feels like, so if you want to try and see if you can experience it for yourself, I encourage you to listen to the following Youtube video in its entirety, from start to finish, and see if you experience it (you must use headphones):

You can even utilize this in game as well, in my experience. There was a girl I had as a girlfriend several years back, and I found that just by running my fingers ever so lightly up and down her body (her back, waist and legs were the strongest response areas), I could get her in the mood for sex virtually on-demand. I even utilize ASMR when attempting to physically escalate, such as when I'm trying to go for the kiss. Softly rubbing their hand with your thumb as you're holding her hand, or whispering softly into her ear when you're talking to her, can build and heighten the feelings of intimacy that a girl needs in order to physically escalate with you. But the awesome thing is that with girls who are susceptible to ASMR, you can (with enough knowledge and training) essentially induce these sensations in them on-command. It's a pretty powerful tool.

Has anyone else experienced this, or have experience using this in game?

HSLD

Quote: (02-18-2017 01:56 PM)HighSpeed_LowDrag Wrote:  

Have you ever felt that certain random sensations, such as the clinking of a spoon on a fine china teacup, or the feeling of having your hair cut, or the sound of a beautiful girl whispering in your ear, can trigger tingling sensations around your body; ones that you find intensely pleasurable, or relaxing? Does it feel like you're having a 'head orgasm' of sorts?

You are not the only one. Far from it, in fact.

There is an online subculture of people creating videos specifically designed to induce this aural/tactile sensation in viewers - Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response, or ASMR for short. It's even received mainstream coverage: https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archi...sm/282356/

Quote:Quote:

I am sitting at my desk in a nearly empty office on a December evening, feeling the sort of directionless melancholy that tends to take hold as the holiday season sets in, listening to a video of a gentle Russian woman whispering in my ear about how much she cares about my relaxation.

“You are appreciated,” she says, making scratching noises into a microphone so it sounds like she’s scratching my head. “I would like to protect you, to comfort you, to help you relax and forget about your trouble, whatever it is.”

I’ve got to be honest, it feels like a pretty weird and lonely thing to do.

But the video doesn’t work on me the way it’s supposed to. For many of her fans, Maria’s voice causes a sensation the Internet has dubbed ASMR—autonomous sensory meridian response. Those who get ASMR describe the experience as a tingling inside their heads, or a head rush. Sometimes the sensation extends down their backs or limbs. It’s often referred to as a brain-gasm, but counterintuitively, it’s also supposed to be relaxing, a mellow feeling. Some people watch the videos to help them sleep at night. And even without the tingles, it is sort of relaxing, if you can get past the dissonance of someone whispering in your ear while you scroll through Twitter in your cubicle, or whatever.

Aside from whispering, some of the other things that can trigger the sensation include tapping or scratching sounds, the sound of rain, or white noise. And it’s not just sounds: People report getting ASMR when getting a haircut, or an ear exam—any kind of close, personal attention.

It is really quite difficult to conceptualize what exactly ASMR feels like, so if you want to try and see if you can experience it for yourself, I encourage you to listen to the following Youtube video in its entirety, from start to finish, and see if you experience it (you must use headphones):

You can even utilize this in game as well, in my experience. There was a girl I had as a girlfriend several years back, and I found that just by running my fingers ever so lightly up and down her body (her back, waist and legs were the strongest response areas), I could get her in the mood for sex virtually on-demand. I even utilize ASMR when attempting to physically escalate, such as when I'm trying to go for the kiss. Softly rubbing their hand with your thumb as you're holding her hand, or whispering softly into her ear when you're talking to her, can build and heighten the feelings of intimacy that a girl needs in order to physically escalate with you. But the awesome thing is that with girls who are susceptible to ASMR, you can (with enough knowledge and training) essentially induce these sensations in them on-command. It's a pretty powerful tool.

Has anyone else experienced this, or have experience using this in game?

Aren't you talking about inducing "goose bumps"?

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

RVF has another thread on ASMR thread here:

thread-23735.html?

However, that thread does not talk about it in relation to game.

Quote: (02-18-2017 01:56 PM)HighSpeed_LowDrag Wrote:  

I found that just by running my fingers ever so lightly up and down her body (her back, waist and legs were the strongest response areas), I could get her in the mood for sex virtually on-demand.

A whole woman's body is an erogenous zone. What you're talking about is sensual tickling and women love it. They tend not to experience it because guys just cut to the chase. Consult 9 1/2 weeks for ideas.

I'm going to forget about "mood music" or whispering mommy whores which this thread is about and cut to the chase

A man dry humping his office chair listening to pap....is devoid of human contact

Sex/love is part of the brain. It is in another brain area/dimension/phase shift. The rational brain shuts down and wants pleasure.(needs it)

Quit your job is advice 1

or become good at making women switch from thinking rationally to wanting pleasure. Which isn't hard they finger themselves alot.