rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why doesn't government try to regulate current educational inflation?

I'm not in the US but this is becoming a huge yet overlooked issue - in many 1st world countries and even my own third world one, which per the media is starved of graduates.

The lack of jobs (due to slow or stagnant economic growth) is an issue but there is a worring oversupply of alot of fields - driven by both the increased number of new schools, increased intakes of existing ones and in instances immigration.

There are engineers, CPAs, JDs etc. with advanced degrees from good unis employed to fill positions which were previously adequately filled by kids straight from high school at no higher wages (adjusting for inflation)- and they're the fortunate ones. This places a huge strain on government and individual finances, has negative impacts on productivity, is devastating psychologically on these individuals amongst numerous other adverse ramifications. This unhealthy obsession with tertiary education needs to stop and it is my opinion that institutions need to be culled by stricter regulation (I'm still young in academia but various academics and my dad - who has tenure at a great uni - have confided similar opinions in me in private)
Surely something needs to be done.

In short, higher education provides reinforcement to the liberal base. It makes young people over-educated and indebted making them dependent on the state. It also allows them to indoctrinate the masses in their ideology. The easiest way to stop this is to have the government stop providing student loans outside of a selected grouping of majors and cut any government funding to college programs that don't add economic value to society.

The most effective solution would be to make it so student loans could be dropped in a bankruptcy. You'd see massive numbers of people who are essentially bankrupt already declare bankruptcy rather than spend the rest of their lives enslaved by debt. The only reason they don't declare bankruptcy now is the student loan is what bankrupted them.

Government regulations created the mess, more regulations aren't a solution. I'd rather see government completely out of higher education - the federal government at least.

As it stands the whole of university education is a giant government-funded indoctrination center for breeding new generations of leftists. Dry up the money flow and universities will be forced to go back to educating instead of indoctrinating. You'll see them dropping worthless programs like women's and minority studies within a year and all of the funding for the safe space fringe groups would disappear. Kids would have to actually achieve, rather than enjoy a 4+ year party.

As stated earlier, making student loans dischargeable in bankruptcy again is the simplest way to fix the problem. They won't do it though therefore the bubble will have to inflate until it pops. There are already several signs of this:

-Sky rocketing default rates.
-Siblings and family members dissuading younger members from falling into the higher education debt trap. Decreased enrollment.
-Student fleeing overseas or beyond the reach of debt collectors.
-the appearance of earnings-based-repayment schemes popping up in Western countries where they did not exist before to mitigate the skyrocketing default rates.
-diminishing returns on investment (150k loan to get 50k job, wut?)
-degree inflation as stated earlier
-Interest rates for loans slowly climbing up.

If there is a way to somehow bet against this teetering house of cards, please let me know

Quote: (02-11-2017 05:58 PM)[email protected] Wrote:  

As stated earlier, making student loans dischargeable in bankruptcy again is the simplest way to fix the problem. They won't do it though therefore the bubble will have to inflate until it pops. There are already several signs of this:

-Sky rocketing default rates.
-Interest rates for loans slowly climbing up.

If there is a way to somehow bet against this teetering house of cards, please let me know

Just like every other government given statistic the student loan default rate is not as easy to get as a person would think. So many people are "deferring" their loans or in some kind of government assisted repayment plan -- but still not paying their loans -- so its difficult to get a real number. Plus who knows how they actually calculate. Maybe a student hasn't paid in 5-6 months but they only track after 8 months, etc.

Given all this, my guess is the student default rate is very high.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/...n-default/

This Breitbart article says 27% but again, this number has to be teased out of a huge mess of data. No one will give a reasonable statistic except one that looks very good for themselves, the smallest possible number while not technically lying, or maybe just lying a little.

If all those loans went into bankruptcy the US government will be on the hook. I think in the range of more than a trillion dollars. Something like 45 million americans have student loans.

It makes people into debt peon in a socially acceptable way. The government doesn't want to end that. How else can they come up with a good way to make people into debt peons? Housing loans work too, but people are getting smarter about that. Have to go after the young, stupid ones.

The government has zero incentive to eliminate the student loan racket.

First and foremost, they're listed as "assets" to the federal government. Secondly, if a student fails to repay his/her loans the government will dsimply use their social security payments as a means to pay out.

Long story short, the student loan system is a scam designed to pay out less entitlements to my generation. Frankly it isn't a bad thing as most of them deserve it.

Most University education except for a few jobs are mostly propaganda - it does not serve another purpose.

Also it dumbs down the population even before they reach college:

[Image: 41DfCiw4S9L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg]

http://deliberatedumbingdown.com/

You can download the e-book now for free by Charlotte Iserbytt Thomson who was Reagan's education appointee.

This is not by a coincidence.

Jobs will remain few and even fewer in the future. Even if many university graduates became plumbers and mechanics, then the job crisis would not be solved. In that case you would get 700 applicants for a plumber position or get a glut of new businesses.

The truth of the matter is that we are having late stages of:

1. Technological unemployment
2. Late-stage level of usury and debt accumulation

Both of those things squeeze the job market - there are other elements like off-shoring, green agenda and elimination of jobs due to agenda. Also illegal immigration and filling of those jobs with wage-undercutting applicants is an issue as well.

There is no solution to this. Free universities would only add one trillion to the government debt. But the US system is crazy the way it is designed where everyone can indebt himself through the eyeballs for overpriced education. European colleges are much less expensive because they are more or less state-run and while the state has some issues with inefficiences, they are far cheaper than US ones and many provide actually superior levels of education. Only the top-tier US private colleges are superior. And one could add that with the propaganda served in US colleges, then it becomes much worse.

And the funny thing is that despite countries like Germany, France or Sweden offering universities almost for free, they don't have that high a glut of graduates - partly because the numbers of places are limited.

Anyway - nothing will be solved.

What is happening is happening by design to:

Indoctrinate the young
Dumb down the young
Enslave the young with massive useless debt
Keep the American dream just a dream in most cases (Sweden has 3 times the social mobility of the US)

Education belongs to the control fields of the globalists just like banking and media.

Individually you can do much to avoid this, but collectively it is doomed anyway.

These kids enslave themselves by their own free will. But... they have been lied to about the job market all through high school and college. When they finally get out they find out how fucked most are. I tell every able kid to join the military and get the GI bill.

The government doesn't try to regulate education inflation inflation because the government is quite possibly the driving force. The number of mid level government employees pursuing master's degrees is astounding. I met a woman the other week who was pursuing a security+ cert. She's been doing IT work for 15 years, ever since she left the military. She was lamenting the fact that she was going to have to recertify in more basic stuff, because her original certs had long since lapsed. Despite the fact that her resume should prove evidence enough, for the government which is rife with credential/education inflation, it's no big deal to ask the same people to take the same exams over and over again. And the government, and the contractors will gladly pay. Need a refresher course because the cert exam has become too obtuse? The government will pay. And the for-profit universities and training centers will happily take their money.

A big part of the problem stems from having HR people who are skilled in HR, but have no real knowledge of the technical jobs for which they're hiring people.

Years ago I had applied for a job and listed my experience as a heavy equipment operator. So HR calls me one day and says they need a fork lift operator and asked if I had forklift experience. I told her I used telescopic, off road forklifts at my previous job. She mentioned this forklift would be in a warehouse. I told her I could drive forklifts that went off road, through the mud, up, down, and across hills, and they had telescopic booms, not just straight up and down. Anyone who operates forklifts knows that if you can run an outdoor lift, you can run an indoor lift as the indoor lift is far more simple. Because this dumb cunt lacked sufficient technical knowledge of the job she was attempting to fill, she missed a chance to get a well qualified operator. Now I'm to blame as well. Had I just said I could operate an indoor lift, I probably would have gotten hired. But I had never actually run one of them, so I wanted to be honest as starting a new job on the basis of lies didn't seem like a good idea.

the current system of higher educational finance suits their needs.

the elites can afford it without subsidy.

the lower class minority set asides get access for free.

the middle class get admitted and saddled with government loans and spend their lives as non-objecting wage slaves.

If the government stopped subsidizing higher education, the following would happen, all of which (((they))) don't want.

1. Fewer shekels paid in interest payments on student loans.
2. Fewer shekels paid to (((landlords))) because young people can't afford to buy a house and grow their equity.
3. Fewer young women getting turned out by a smorgasboard of penises of all colors and sizes in between useless SJW indoctrination classes.
4. Fewer old cat ladies down the line.
5. Fewer taxes paid by women at useless jobs that only exist to comply with government rules enforced by women who got turned out in college by a smorgasboard....

You get the point.