rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Des Moines, Iowa Datasheet

Intro: This is my first data sheet, so bare with me if I don’t give out all the exact details you’re looking for. Personally I’m not sure why anyone would want to actually travel here to game, or look for woman but when a guy like Mixx suggests a datasheet… you write up a datasheet.

Quality of Women: 2/5

There is a slight addition to this that I would like to point out; the truth is that 28.4% of Iowans are obese according to the CDC via a 2010 survey. It’s just pretty easy to get fat here with all this down home cooking, or fast food eating. That is why I say that most chicks in Iowa have a shelf life from about 16-23 for which they can most of the time eat anything, and still look good. After that, things take a downward spiral really god damned fast.

By that time they hit 24 a lot of girls begin to feel the effects of all that crappy eating, and a lot of them already have a kid. The truth is a good looking woman over 24 is about as rare as a fucking unicorn, and thus shouldn’t even really be worried about.

With that in mind, I would like to say that Iowa can produce some decent looking chicks when their young. Obviously I’m drawing on my own limited experience in comparison to girls from other places, but good looking corn fed pussy does exist, it just has a limited shelf life.

As for minorities.

Black: Most black chicks at least in Des Moines and Iowa are pretty god damned chunky or they usually have had a kid by the time their twenty. The best ones are usually from out of state, and are just going to college here. This of course doesn’t stop a lot of these girls thinking there Beyonce.

Latin: Pretty much the same thing as above, the best ones are going to college at ISU or Iowa State.

Asian: If you have yellow fever then stay the fuck out of Iowa, because there are almost no Asian chicks here.

Others: I’ve seen one Indian chick here, and she was actually pretty god damned good looking. This of course means she had beta’s swarming around here like she was queen fucking bee. Honestly I give the girl credit for coming to a place where her looks guarantee her a lot of attention and no competition.

Gaming:
The one thing you all need to understand is fucking no one comes to Iowa; I mean how often do you hear about a person honestly wanting to take a vacation to Iowa? This of course doesn’t stop the local white boys from trying to be gangsta, and the sad fact is even the local token black guys are about as gangsta as I am, the only difference is they can at least wear the style without looking like a total fucking idiot.

Honestly a black teenager in a small Iowa town is a lucky bastard, because he automatically get’s insane social proof and all the freaking nubile chicks he can handle. I will try to break it down for guys by race.

White: If your white in Iowa then you can do fine, the key is going to be making sure you’re looking good and let it be known that you’re not from around here. I’m not exactly sure how GQ it up you want to go, but the locals are usually dressed in blue jeans, and whatever shirt they can find. I would also not go to crazy with the pea cocking, or you might be seen as gay.

Black: In my view black guys you can do well with the fly hip-hop look and get some damned decent attention. Let it be known that you’re not from around here, and you will most likely have to be fucking using a bat to keep them off your dick. These chicks have been dealing with inauthentic douchebags their entire lives, and will latch on to anyone they actually think is real.

Latin: I know there are nuances to Latin cultures, but I can promise you that almost 99% are going to think you’re a Mexican. For Latin guys I think it’s important to GQ it up, and make sure people can’t mistake you for a day laborer. I’m sure someone like Mixx could kill here, but as always let the girls know you’re not from around here. You might gain some advantage by claiming to be Cuban, or something more exotic, but honestly that is just a guess.

Asian: I honestly have no idea how the chicks would respond, so I’m just going to go ahead and suggest you GQ up and let it be known you’re not from around here.

The common theme I keep suggesting is letting the girls know you’re not from around here. The fact is most people in Iowa grew up watching movies, and tv shows about other places. They might imitate the style, but something authentic is extremely rare and thus given a lot of attention.

Hotels: I’m yanking this from the wiki travel page, as it does a much better job of describing it.

•Several major chains have rooms available in the area. The city does not have a large number of bed and breakfast establishments (although not the case with Iowa in general). Peak booking periods, especially downtown near Wells Fargo Arena, are common for three successive weeks in March when the city hosts the state athletic championships for wrestling, girls' basketball and boys' basketball.
This guide uses the following price ranges for a standard double room:
Budget $60
Mid-range $60-120
Splurge $120+
[] Budget
•Travelodge, 4685 NE 14th St (approx. 1 block S of I-80/35), ☎ +1 515 265-5671, [106]. Includes breakfast, wifi, pool, and in-room appliances.
[] Mid-range
•4 J's Horse Ranch, 4310 NE 62nd Ave, Ankeny, ☎ +1 515 967-0005 (toll free: +1 866 967-0005), [107]. Bed and breakfast with pool and pond on-site.
•Baymont Inn and Suites, 4685 NE 14th St (I-80 and exit 136), ☎ +1 515 265-4777, [108]. Jacuzzi suites available with free breakfast, wifi, newspaper, pool, fitness room, in-room applicances. 21 and over only for suites, 8 different styles including 2 Japanese suites. $70-140.
•The Cottage, 1094 28th St (just N of I-235 in the Drake neighborhood), ☎ +1 515 277-7559 ([email protected]), [109]. Bed and breakfast surrounded by a white picket fence.
•Hampton Inn, 7060 Lake Dr, West Des Moines, ☎ +1 515 223-4700, [110]. checkin: 3PM; checkout: noon. Close to Jordan Creek Mall shopping and dining. Enjoy an On The House Hot Breakfast every morning, free hi-speed Internet access, business center, indoor pool and Whirlpool, and fitness center.
•Ramada Tropics Resort & Conference Center, 5000 Merle Hay Rd, ☎ +1 515 278-0271, [111]. Offers guests the opportunity to enjoy the only indoor water park in the Des Moines area.
•Valley West Inn, 3535 Westown Pkwy, West Des Moines (1 block NW of I-235), ☎ +1 515 225-2524, [112]. Good place to stay for those wanting to shop at Valley West Mall. Free 24-hour airport shuttle.
[] Splurge
•Butler House on Grand B and B, 4507 Grand Ave, ☎ +1 515 255-4096, +1 866 455-4096, [113]. Picked one of 2006 Top Ten Most Romantic Inns by American Historic Inns.
•Embassy Suites on the River, 101 E Locust St (next to Simon Estes Ampitheater along the Des Moines River), ☎ +1 515 244-1700 (toll free: +1 800-EMBASSY, [email protected], fax: +1 515 244-2537), [114].
•Hotel Fort Des Moines, 1000 Walnut St, ☎ +1 515 243-1161 (toll free: +1 800-532-1466, [email protected], fax: +1 515 243-4317), [115]. Member of the National Register of Historic Places. Famous former guests include Charles Lindbergh, Elizabeth Taylor, Henry Fonda, Nikita Kruschev, Joe Louis, Duke Ellington, Louis Armstrong, and several U.S. Presidents.
•Renaissance Savery Hotel, 401 Locust St (downtown), ☎ +1 515 244-2151 (toll free: +1 800-514-4706, fax: +1 515 244-1408), [116]. Formerly the historic Savery Hotel, built in the 1800's, it is now operated by Marriott. Features Bos restaurant, which sources from local and regional vendors to create contemporary Midwestern fare. Connected to the 3.5 mi Des Moines Skywalk. No two rooms are the same. Free 24 hour airport shuttle. From $129.
•Sheraton West Des Moines Hotel, 1800 50th St, West Des Moines, ☎ +1 515 223-1800, [117]. 285 guest rooms and suites with in-room Internet, Sheraton Sweet Sleep bedding, Shine for Sheraton bath products and flat-screen televisions. On-property dining includes the Park Place Restaurant and the Waterfall Grille. The hotel features 15 convention rooms totaling 23,000 square feet of meeting space.
•Wells Bed and Breakfast, 4724 7nd St, Urbandale, ☎ +1 515 521-4724, [118].

Clubs
Club Crush, Drink, and Aura are the major clubs here in Des Moines and West Des Moines. I only recommend going on Friday and the weekend. They have music, and there is your best chance for finding girls that fit within that previously talked about range. The strip clubs in Iowa aren’t even worth mentioning.

The only other place for day game I’d recommend is Jordan Creek Mall in West Des Moines. It’s pretty damn impressive by Iowa standards (make of that what you will), and usually has a pretty good crowd on the weekends.

Racism: I’m as lily white as they come so I’m not exactly sure how much real racism actually exists around here. In Des Moines the younger generation is so freaking desperate to be authentically hip-hop cool that there pretty color blind. Like almost all white people in the US, people around here don’t want to be seen as racist, and since they interact so rarely with minorities. Black people are so rare here that they generally at least can pretend to be nice long enough to get away.

Latin people might have a bit of a harder time, because they think your all Mexicans, but if your GQ upped then most likely they will keep any lingering feelings they have to themselves. In smaller towns this might not apply, so be warned.

So here is my datasheet on Des Moines, Iowa and if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Your best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen! -John Mason (The Rock)

Hummm...

Automatic +1 for the breakdown.

Anytime a member joins from someplace none of us have ever gamed before, it automatically triggers my curiosity cells. [Image: smile.gif]

I can see what you mean by the Mexican term for latin guys. It's almost as though being called or thought of as Mexican is meant to be a derogatory term like "hillbilly". Fact is, there a re a lot of good looking Mexican people I've seen - hell Janet Jackson married a Mexican for many years, and so did Mariah Carey.

With that said, I can see where the confusion can easily be seen if they have never been exposed to anything else. Most laborers from Mexico dress like shit, and of course they would...they come here dirt poor. In the end, its something that can easily be overcome by dressing like a GQ model.

I have been in Fargo for 3 months, and many white girls will think I am Mexican, but most say it with a curiosity about you when they see you dress a lot better than their local men, and with 10x more swagger.

I met a very pretty white girl from Iowa at an airport a few months ago, and she was VERY NICE, and extremely attracted to me, but we were both going in separate directions, and I am not one to get phone numbers.

Mixx

Nice datasheet. So it looks like "Brothas kill it in Iowa" too.. Just a couple of more questions. What's there to do during the day? Best time of the year to go? Also, How about night life? Are girls much into clubbing or are they more a into the bar scene? What percentage of girls do you think are above a 5? For a weekend trip do you need to rent a car or can you do without?

Quote: (08-20-2011 04:17 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

Hummm...

Automatic +1 for the breakdown.

Anytime a member joins from someplace none of us have ever gamed before, it automatically triggers my curiosity cells. [Image: smile.gif]

I can see what you mean by the Mexican term for latin guys. It's almost as though being called or thought of as Mexican is meant to be a derogatory term like "hillbilly". Fact is, there a re a lot of good looking Mexican people I've seen - hell Janet Jackson married a Mexican for many years, and so did Mariah Carey.

With that said, I can see where the confusion can easily be seen if they have never been exposed to anything else. Most laborers from Mexico dress like shit, and of course they would...they come here dirt poor. In the end, its something that can easily be overcome by dressing like a GQ model.

I have been in Fargo for 3 months, and many white girls will think I am Mexican, but most say it with a curiosity about you when they see you dress a lot better than their local men, and with 10x more swagger.

I met a very pretty white girl from Iowa at an airport a few months ago, and she was VERY NICE, and extremely attracted to me, but we were both going in separate directions, and I am not one to get phone numbers.

Mixx

@Mixx
Appreciate the rep point, and yeah I have to admit that most people around here don't really see the distinction between the different latin cultures. I'm also glad to know some Iowa chicks are out there in their prime giving the world a nice view before they head downhill.

I'm not surprised though that pretty one would be on her way out of Iowa, there is just little incentive to stay around here.

@Playa
There really isn't much to do during the day that I can recommend, not unless your interested in taking some rustic tours or hitting capital hill for a tour. One thing about Iowa, we might be a bunch of corn farmers but we keep our capital buildiing freaking shining in gold.

The best time of the year would be right around July-September, the weather is alright but winter can be a bitch to those not use to it.

The girls you'd be interested in going after will tend to hit both, due to the fact there isn't a lot of variety. The best looking chicks are always going to be in West Des Moines where the rich folks are. The only times worth going out are on Friday and the weekends.

About the girls over 5, it's kind of hard to answer because it depends who your comparing them to. I'd rank most of them between about 5-7's.. very rare to see anything above that much. There will usually be about 2 or 3 8's or 9's per club or bar.

I'd recommend renting a car, you can get one pretty cheap here and the traffic is almost non-existent at night.

There might be better pickings up in the college towns, but I still need to get more experince up there before I write up a datasheet. I can confirm though that any black guy with style, and whose not from around here will pretty much kill anywhere here goes, that includes the college towns.

Your best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen! -John Mason (The Rock)

Thanks for the Data Sheet, Wizard +1 from me too...

Well, if anybody there asks me what the fuck I'm doing in Iowa I'll just say that I'm just touring our country and want to visit every state (or many places in the world) before I die.

Iowa might be one of the many "untapped" resources in the USA. When we speak of travel, we often talk about foreign exotic lands abroad. But then, we might overlook that some of the "untravelled" areas which could be just as golden or exotic are within our borders or near our cities.

Quote: (08-20-2011 04:45 PM)Enfant_Terrible Wrote:  

Well, if anybody there asks me what the fuck I'm doing in Iowa I'll just say that I'm just touring our country and want to visit every state (or many places in the world) before I die.

Iowa might be one of the many "untapped" resources in the USA. When we speak of travel, we often talk about foreign exotic lands abroad. But then, we might overlook that some of the "untravelled" areas which could be just as golden or exotic are within our borders or near our cities.

@Enfant
Put it into perspective... someone from freaking Miami, LA, or New York would be considered exotic. Also this reminds me of something for all you guy's out there, if your going to drop some foreign places you've been. Try to stick with places that have been idealized.

Paris, Rome, etc.. some out-of-the-way places might have to be explained.

ive met some girls that went to iowa and iowa state...both of those schools have much potential.

Good report, Wiz. I've thought about writing a report myself, but then I realized that virtually no one would ever go there. Also, let me guess. All the girls wear flip-flops? Constantly on their phones? Socially awkward?

Will having a European accent help or hurt a guy?

Hello.

Quote: (08-20-2011 04:45 PM)Enfant_Terrible Wrote:  

Check out my North Dakota thread [Image: smile.gif]

Mixx

Data on these "untapped" places are great! Keep em coming. I once stopped in Cheyenne WY and stood two days banging girls out of the roller rink. The New Guy in town game has ultimate powers in these places.

You bring some Florida swag to these places and see what happens.I say that I'm relocating to the area and may need a 'guide' even when I'm just really getting off the interstate to get gas and a bite to eat. Try it when you're on the road, it works!

@mechanico

You banged women in WY and no data sheet? [Image: sad.gif]

I could have used that intel while in ND.

Mixx

Quote: (08-21-2011 10:07 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

@mechanico

Mixx
Its 20 year old data! But when traveling by car cross country another bottom feeder move I use is follow the greyhounds and game the hottest girl on the bus when they stop to eat.I had this girl virtually blow me all across Nebraska once.

Before I moved to FL I lived in CA and traveled by car back and forth from CA to CT constantly in my 1970 240z.

I go into Mad Max (playa version) mode as soon as I hit the interstate.
I will start a thread about this.

I will go into FULL detail with this including shoring truckstop lizards. They actually call them lot lizards.lol

West Virginia is a goldmine.

Quote: (08-21-2011 12:26 AM)blurb Wrote:  

Good report, Wiz. I've thought about writing a report myself, but then I realized that virtually no one would ever go there. Also, let me guess. All the girls wear flip-flops? Constantly on their phones? Socially awkward?

Will having a European accent help or hurt a guy?

I wouldn't say they wear flip-flops a lot as there are no beaches around here, and as for being socially awkward.. I guess it depends in comparison to what. A lot of them can be quite fun, and social so I don't really see an issue there.

In my opinion having an accent will most likely help you. People here crave anything authentic, and someone with an accent usually does pretty damn good.

What kind of accent do you have?

Quote: (08-21-2011 10:19 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Quote: (08-21-2011 10:07 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

@mechanico

Mixx
Its 20 year old data! But when traveling by car cross country another bottom feeder move I use is follow the greyhounds and game the hottest girl on the bus when they stop to eat.I had this girl virtually blow me all across Nebraska once.

Before I moved to FL I lived in CA and traveled by car back and forth from CA to CT constantly in my 1970 240z.

I go into Mad Max (playa version) mode as soon as I hit the interstate.
I will start a thread about this.

I will go into FULL detail with this including shoring truckstop lizards. They actually call them lot lizards.lol

West Virginia is a goldmine.

LMAO. We gotta go on a roadtrip sometime. I spend and unhealthy amount of time thinking of ways to game women, but never even remotely considered chasing down a Greyhound bus.

West Virginia a goldmine? I always wondered if that sad little state was worth a trip. I mean, does that place get any tourism? Greenbriar maybe.

In the spirit of adding to the vast collection of knowledge here and giving back what little I can, I'll add on to this data sheet as this is one place I know extensively well. OP did a pretty good job of breaking down the general, so I'll just add on with more specifics.

And just as a quick preface, there is some pretty decent talent here actually, though OP was right there is definitely a drop off around 25 or so, but call me crazy I think many of you would be surprised considering the conventional wisdom regarding the Midwest. Not that I'd expect too many of you to feel the need to come here though...

But, in case you do find yourself in Des Moines for whatever reason, here is a breakdown:

Nightlife-

There are really three major areas in the DSM metro that the vast majority of people go to at night

Court Avenue

The downtown area of Des Moines, a 6 block x 6 block area that is mostly bars. It's also the most popular area for people to go out at, and the place with the best logistics- taxi lines and hotels nearby. If you are staying in a hotel here I would recommend the Marriott of Embassy Suites for logistics purposes. Out of the couple dozen or so, here are the best bars according to me and my friends-

Mickey's is the most popular bar during warm weather. The entire place is a patio, and it gets pretty packed on the weekends. It's pretty easy to get your mack on since they don't blare the music and most people are standing.

Johnny's is the shit, without a doubt. Shitty sports bar/grill during the day, awesome bar during the night. Really open, not too loud, huge bar, and $4 mixed drinks. All the Des Moines college girls and young professional girls come either here or Mickey's, for the most part. This is where most of my/everyone I know's action goes down.

Liar's Club is really the only true club in Court Ave, so if that's your style this is the place. DJ, dance floor, massive wrap around bar, but since this is Iowa- no bottle service or anything dumb like that. Sometimes it's really fun, sometimes it's really lame. But the fun times I have had there have been my best times in DSM.

Hessen Haus is a pretty sweet German themed bar a block off of Court Ave. Das Boot, dark beer, fucking polka competitions on Thursday. Has a smallish patio out back. Surprisingly, it is not a bad place to pick up. It's very open and also not very loud, and usually everyone there is fucked up off of German beer. The only problem, at least for younger dudes, is that it is definitely a mid-to upper 20s to early 30s type crowd.

Heroes is a club/bar hybrid but definitely more of a loud bar with a dance floor in as an afterthought. The place is pretty small so it gets packed, and it's good for when you're feeling your inner caveman.

Other places of potential RVF interest:

Royal Mile-English themed. Dark, not too loud. DSM hipster hang out, so if you run hipster game this is definitely your spot.
The Station-Used to be 101 but had to change their name/ownership after it got shot up. It's fun, but there is always fights and cops there. Once had a hooker try and pick me up there. It's a big hangout for the non-whites. Lots of Asian cuties, so if you're Asian and into that you're golden. Not being racist- I almost got my ass kicked by the Asian guys for talking to one of "their" girls. Still a fun place though.
Komodo- The Bosnian hangout. Club/bar hybrid. Never been inside but heard it's good times if that's your style.
El Bait Shop/High Life Lounge- A little off the beaten path, a combo bar- lounge and a bar that serves about every beer ever made. Bait Shop has like a hundred or more beers on tap, it's ridiculous. Great patio as well.

East Village

Call me crazy, but East Village doesn't do it for me. Across the river from Court Ave, it's Court Ave's forgotten little brother. There is not a whole lot happening there- Court Ave will treat you so much better. Some of it's more popular spots:

House of Bricks- Live music from local bands. Typical local music crowd, if that is your style.

Lime Lounge- New spot that just opened up that I've been wanting to check out for awhile. Supposedly pretty tight, might have to be my new date spot if everything I've heard about it is true.

The Blazing Saddle- If you're with gay buddies or enjoy trying to swoop chicks out of gay bars, this is your spot.

West Glen

West Glen is out in West Des Moines, so if you ever are over there this will be the place to go since WDM is pretty out of the way from downtown. Tons of the suburban girls go to West Glen, so it's got tons of college girls there. If you know you'll be in WDM, I strongly suggest getting a hotel in West Glen (Ramada or the nearby Holiday Inn) because logistics are shit- if you're not staying there you'll have to do a lot of driving otherwise. Top spots in West Glen-

Wellmans- Huge mega bar with a giant main area and a rooftop patio on top. The destination of choice for the suburban college crowd. It's always pretty full and the girl to dude ratio is solid, but the inside can get stupid loud. The whole place is set up for macking and on paper it's great, but then they decided to turn the music up to 100 db so it can be tough indoors. The rooftop is where it's at.

Cabaret- Second most popular spot. Pretty chill bar with an outdoor patio. A good place to kick back and holla low-energy style. The crowd can vary dramatically, but I would start out here first before Wellmans because the noise factor.

Tonic- My favorite spot in West Glen. Two floor bar that's nice and open, with plenty of sitting or standing room. It's dark and not very loud, and all in all just has a great vibe. People from both sexes go to Tonic to shoot the shit and get laid, plain and simple. I have some fond memories from there...

Those three are really the only worthwhile spots in West Glen. I do not recommend Blue Room (dueling piano bar) because it's loud as fuck when they are playing and you literally can't have conversations with anyone. I also do not recommend 515 because it's a lame ass wannabe club.

However, if you do find yourself in West Des Moines and have the ability to venture beyond West Glen, I highly recommend going Saints on 50th and EP True because it is, quite frankly, the best bar in all the metro and my favorite spot besides Johnny's. Top notch everything- bar, patio, girls. It's only problem is it's location- you pretty much have to drive there and back form wherever you are.

All in all, if you do find yourself in these parts, Court Ave is the best place to go. Court Ave has the most bars, best bars, most people and talent, and the best logistics. I don't think you will be too disappointed and you may even find Des Moines to be better than you imagined [Image: icon_razz.gif]

Feel free to ask any questions, I'll be happy to help

Quote: (08-07-2012 02:18 AM)flyfreshandyoung Wrote:  

In the spirit of adding to the vast collection of knowledge here and giving back what little I can, I'll add on to this data sheet as this is one place I know extensively well. OP did a pretty good job of breaking down the general, so I'll just add on with more specifics.

And just as a quick preface, there is some pretty decent talent here actually, though OP was right there is definitely a drop off around 25 or so, but call me crazy I think many of you would be surprised considering the conventional wisdom regarding the Midwest. Not that I'd expect too many of you to feel the need to come here though...

But, in case you do find yourself in Des Moines for whatever reason, here is a breakdown:

Nightlife-

There are really three major areas in the DSM metro that the vast majority of people go to at night

Court Avenue

The downtown area of Des Moines, a 6 block x 6 block area that is mostly bars. It's also the most popular area for people to go out at, and the place with the best logistics- taxi lines and hotels nearby. If you are staying in a hotel here I would recommend the Marriott of Embassy Suites for logistics purposes. Out of the couple dozen or so, here are the best bars according to me and my friends-

Mickey's is the most popular bar during warm weather. The entire place is a patio, and it gets pretty packed on the weekends. It's pretty easy to get your mack on since they don't blare the music and most people are standing.

Johnny's is the shit, without a doubt. Shitty sports bar/grill during the day, awesome bar during the night. Really open, not too loud, huge bar, and $4 mixed drinks. All the Des Moines college girls and young professional girls come either here or Mickey's, for the most part. This is where most of my/everyone I know's action goes down.

Liar's Club is really the only true club in Court Ave, so if that's your style this is the place. DJ, dance floor, massive wrap around bar, but since this is Iowa- no bottle service or anything dumb like that. Sometimes it's really fun, sometimes it's really lame. But the fun times I have had there have been my best times in DSM.

Hessen Haus is a pretty sweet German themed bar a block off of Court Ave. Das Boot, dark beer, fucking polka competitions on Thursday. Has a smallish patio out back. Surprisingly, it is not a bad place to pick up. It's very open and also not very loud, and usually everyone there is fucked up off of German beer. The only problem, at least for younger dudes, is that it is definitely a mid-to upper 20s to early 30s type crowd.

Heroes is a club/bar hybrid but definitely more of a loud bar with a dance floor in as an afterthought. The place is pretty small so it gets packed, and it's good for when you're feeling your inner caveman.

Other places of potential RVF interest:

Royal Mile-English themed. Dark, not too loud. DSM hipster hang out, so if you run hipster game this is definitely your spot.
The Station-Used to be 101 but had to change their name/ownership after it got shot up. It's fun, but there is always fights and cops there. Once had a hooker try and pick me up there. It's a big hangout for the non-whites. Lots of Asian cuties, so if you're Asian and into that you're golden. Not being racist- I almost got my ass kicked by the Asian guys for talking to one of "their" girls. Still a fun place though.
Komodo- The Bosnian hangout. Club/bar hybrid. Never been inside but heard it's good times if that's your style.
El Bait Shop/High Life Lounge- A little off the beaten path, a combo bar- lounge and a bar that serves about every beer ever made. Bait Shop has like a hundred or more beers on tap, it's ridiculous. Great patio as well.

East Village

Call me crazy, but East Village doesn't do it for me. Across the river from Court Ave, it's Court Ave's forgotten little brother. There is not a whole lot happening there- Court Ave will treat you so much better. Some of it's more popular spots:

House of Bricks- Live music from local bands. Typical local music crowd, if that is your style.

Lime Lounge- New spot that just opened up that I've been wanting to check out for awhile. Supposedly pretty tight, might have to be my new date spot if everything I've heard about it is true.

The Blazing Saddle- If you're with gay buddies or enjoy trying to swoop chicks out of gay bars, this is your spot.

West Glen

West Glen is out in West Des Moines, so if you ever are over there this will be the place to go since WDM is pretty out of the way from downtown. Tons of the suburban girls go to West Glen, so it's got tons of college girls there. If you know you'll be in WDM, I strongly suggest getting a hotel in West Glen (Ramada or the nearby Holiday Inn) because logistics are shit- if you're not staying there you'll have to do a lot of driving otherwise. Top spots in West Glen-

Wellmans- Huge mega bar with a giant main area and a rooftop patio on top. The destination of choice for the suburban college crowd. It's always pretty full and the girl to dude ratio is solid, but the inside can get stupid loud. The whole place is set up for macking and on paper it's great, but then they decided to turn the music up to 100 db so it can be tough indoors. The rooftop is where it's at.

Cabaret- Second most popular spot. Pretty chill bar with an outdoor patio. A good place to kick back and holla low-energy style. The crowd can vary dramatically, but I would start out here first before Wellmans because the noise factor.

Tonic- My favorite spot in West Glen. Two floor bar that's nice and open, with plenty of sitting or standing room. It's dark and not very loud, and all in all just has a great vibe. People from both sexes go to Tonic to shoot the shit and get laid, plain and simple. I have some fond memories from there...

Those three are really the only worthwhile spots in West Glen. I do not recommend Blue Room (dueling piano bar) because it's loud as fuck when they are playing and you literally can't have conversations with anyone. I also do not recommend 515 because it's a lame ass wannabe club.

However, if you do find yourself in West Des Moines and have the ability to venture beyond West Glen, I highly recommend going Saints on 50th and EP True because it is, quite frankly, the best bar in all the metro and my favorite spot besides Johnny's. Top notch everything- bar, patio, girls. It's only problem is it's location- you pretty much have to drive there and back form wherever you are.

All in all, if you do find yourself in these parts, Court Ave is the best place to go. Court Ave has the most bars, best bars, most people and talent, and the best logistics. I don't think you will be too disappointed and you may even find Des Moines to be better than you imagined [Image: icon_razz.gif]

Feel free to ask any questions, I'll be happy to help

Nice job.
I have a friend in DM. I might have to make a trip.

I have been to Iowa City, before, for work, several years back. I remember I was bored and went out solo to some bar by the university. And had one of the best times ever on a work road trip.

These two really hot blondies bought me a shot of tequila. I thought they were making fun of me, because I have dark hair and a darker complexion than many Iowans.

I pushed it away, because I hate tequila and that got them really intrigued. (It was before I practiced game, too). They eventually came over, found out I was from California (which somehow got their panties in a bunch) and proceeded to battle over me. I thought this is what every decent girl must feel when they go out.

They were with a group of four chicks. I picked the second best one and after a good time at the bar and some club smashed her on her bunk bed in the sorority house. Good times.

Edit: Another reason these data sheets are crucial. My logistics could have effed it up if her bunkmate hadn't been out of town that weekend, because I was staying at a hotel in Coralville a few miles away and she was hesitant to go back there with me. Getting a room close to the action is very crucial.