rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Beijing Datasheet

Beijing Datasheet

Beijing datasheet.
Im a long time lurker. Finally decided to post something to give back to the community. I lived in Beijing for over a year. Housing in Beijing has gotten more expensive, however I would argue that other things like food is quite cheap. Buying Western things will always be more expensive, and if you buy these things you find you will run out of money quickly.

Beijing is an okay place for game too. In my opinion, I find the Chinese women aren't as attractive compared to Chongqing or Shanghai. However, you can find 9's or 10's if you know where to go. I have decent game. I have also met up with Suits a couple of times.

Beijing Cubs.

This is the most important thing in this thread. You do NOT have to pay cover fees to get into clubs in Beijing. I went to clubs over a 100 times in Beijing, I probably only paid cover once. This includes the best clubs in the Sanlitun area. I’m not sure about other cities in China, but I’m sure it applies somewhat.

This in my opinion make Beijing one of the best and cheapest places for night game. Although it may not matter if you are not in Beijing in the short term, in the long term it pays off.

How Chinese clubs make money.

If you are going to clubs in China it’s important to understand how they work.

You will notice that regular Chinese people will get into clubs for free while foreigners might have to pay a cover. Why is this?

Once you enter a Chinese club in China you will notice that it is full of tables and a very small dance floor or no dance floor at all. Clubs in China make their money from drinks and tables not cover fees. All of the clubs in Beijing have a small dance floor.

So if you are a Chinese going to a club its almost a requirement to buy table and drinks. There is no way out of it. The staff will keep bothering you until you do, or may not let them in. The Chinese that go to clubs are also very rich, as you will notice from the line of super cars outside.

This is why sometimes the clubs in China make foreigners pay a cover fee, because foreigners probably aren’t going to buy a table or drinks. If you are lucky and know the right people you might not have to pay at all.

In my personal opinion, I believe Chinese people think partying with foreigners is cool. A familiar scene in a Chinese club are foreigners are partying on the dance floor while, Chinese people sit on tables playing a dice game.

How to get into clubs for free in Beijing.

*Foreigners that are= white, black, latin, middle eastern will have an easier time getting into clubs for free than if you are asian american or look asian.

1. You go to the club and they let you in. Sometimes you go to the club and they see you and let you in. It can happen. It’s more likely to happen if there is a group of you and a lot of the people in your group are foreign girls. Less likely to happen if you are a group of males or by yourself.
2. They ask you to pay a fee and you say no. They say okay and let you in. (Try at your own risk.) The group of foreigners that I went out with were confident that we could get into clubs for free. So if one refused we could go to another. Again, this is more likely to work if you are in a large group and there are a lot of foreigner girls in your group.

Promoter Route:
1. The promoter route is the easiest route with the highest chance of success for not paying a cover fee.
2. Once you are in the clubs, you will begin to see the promoters. There are foreign promoters for foreigners. Usually an African or Russian, not always the case. You make friends with them and they will put you on the guest list. Just be sure to let them know ahead of time. The promoter route is probably the only way to get into clubs for free on the weekend.

How to pay no cover if you are Asian American or look Asian.

You will definitely have a harder time. Especially if you are an Asian american male. However it is NOT impossible.

What will most likely go down is when you arrive at the entrance, the Chinese staff will assume you are Chinese and ask you in Chinese how many people and tables. Once they realize you are not Chinese and are not going to buy drinks or tables they will INSIST you pay for a cover fee.

Why the hassle?

You don’t necessary bring a lot to the table.You look Asian. Why should they let in an Asian american dude when they can let in another rich Chinese guy?

To get around this you will have to go the clubs with your non-asian foreigner friends. And you shouldn’t have any problems. The Chinese staff will try to stop you, but if you are with your friends and your friends vouch that they are with you, they will let you in for free. As always there is a higher chance of this working if there are more foreigner girls in your group than guys.

Once you start going to the clubs enough the promoters and staff will begin to know you. Make friends with the promoter and you will be able to get on the guest list.

When you will have to pay a cover.

1. It is much harder to not pay a cover fee on the weekends. So you will have to be sure to have your name on the promoters guest list. In my opinion, its much better to go the clubs on the weekdays. its not too crowded. Beijing is a big enough city that you can go clubbing on the weekdays.
2. Special event- if a famous singer or DJ is performing at the club you will for sure have to pay. Unless you know the promoter very well.
3. If it's not a Chinese style club you will have to pay a cover. There are a very few of these clubs.

Chinese Clubs.
All of these clubs will have a dance floor.
Workers stadium
Clubs I recommend

Vics- probably the most well known club in Beijing. This club has a lot of foreigners and foreigners that are college students.

Mix- Right across the street from Vics. This place is majority Chinese with some Koreans. There are very few foreigners here.

Worker Stadium West Road
Probably about a dozen clubs on this street.
The ones I recommend are:

Room 79- Hip Hop club. Club is on the small size.

Sirteen- This club is always busy 7 days a week. Good mix of foreigners and Chinese.

Rooftop bars-
Migas- Probably the better of the rooftop bars in Beijing. A bit more expensive then kokomo’s

Kokomo- Cheaper of the rooftop bars, has a lot more college students.

Areas of interest.

Sanlitun- This is the place where I would recommend you stay. This place is the most western place in Beijing. Most likely due to the embassies being located here. This place is also where the best clubs and restaurants are. The cost of living is more expensive here. I would argue this location has the hottest girls.

Wudaokou- is a college area. There are a lot of college students and its cheaper than the Sanlitun area. A lot of international students as well. I rarely visited Wudaokou.

Gulo / Hohai- The Gulo area is where you can see a lot of hipster Chinese with piercings and tattoos. Gulo has a lot of old style Chinese houses called hutongs.

The Hohai area is a bunch of bars located near a river. Its a cool place to sit down and grab a drink, but NOT a good place to game.

Daygame

Beijing has a lot of huge malls that you can day game in.

Tai Koo Li- shopping mall in Sanlitun. This is an open outdoor mall. This is the best place for day game because it has the hottest girls and the girls are also more likely to speak English.

The Malls at Oriental Plaza- A nice size mall. A lot of business type Chinese girls who may speak decent English.

Xidan shopping street- A good place to go shopping for clothes and other things in general. Girls are less likely to speak English and probably not as attractive.

Beijing Datasheet

I hate the smoke in Chinese clubs. That plus the daytime pollution. Your lungs get no break.