rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

29 dead in Mexico fireworks market explosion
9 dead in Mexico fireworks market explosion
I had no idea that fireworks markets even existed. I guess someone let some off accidentally and this started a chain reaction explosion.

Extraordinary video.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/u-s-world/224724689-story

( I have no idea how to embed video, maybe someone can)
[Image: giphy.gif]

“As long as you are going to be thinking anyway, think big.” - Donald J. Trump

"I don't get all the women I want, I get all the women who want me." - David Lee Roth
OP: 9:14

Thread closed by gif: 9:28

RIP Thread.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Over 30 dead at this point from the explosion at this fireworks market. Among the injured, many burn victims and small children.

This is one of the few places in Mexico where the production/sale of fireworks is legal. Almost everyone in this town works in the business.

How did this happen? Poor enforcement of regulations, presumably skirted via bribery. Every few years there are (smaller) explosions in this town. The country is horrified and enraged at this point -- but will there be action to prevent this from happening again? Yes and no. After the devastating earthquake in 1985, killing 5000 people due to poor building codes, changes were made. Evacuation drills are performed periodically. Building codes were tightened up but enforcement/corruption remains an issue. So changes will be made to pyrotechnics regulations but enforcement will be the weak link in the long run.

Just two days after this disaster I saw five-year-old kids playing with sparklers in the street in Mexico City, supervised by a creepy, drunk relative.