rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Concise explanation for why you dislike feminism

While I have no problem refuting individual feminist talking points one by one, I find myself dumbfounded when confronted with an appropriate moment to criticize the movement as a whole in spoken conversation. It's very difficult to bundle all of the various irrationality and logical fallacy of feminism into a single neat package, but necessary to win over the minds of neutral individuals. We should all have a clever, concise, easily digestible blanket explanation in mind for what is wrong with feminism in general. So here's the challenge:

PERSON: "Dude, why are you so against feminism?"
YOU: ?

Liberal: "Dude, why are you so against feminism?"

wi30: "Because it's fucking retarded."

You aren't going to change anyone's mind. Don't even bother engaging. You'll also get trolling points for using the word "retarded".

Its a losing proposition from the start, because whatever aspects of feminism you claim to be against, they can claim thats not real feminism, thats just extreme feminism. I just simply say I think laws should treat men and women equally, so if thats all feminism is than I'm for it. Its better to discuss each issue by its own merits, rather than be bogged down by the labeling of an extremely broad term. For example, I can claim laws should treat men and women equally, and also be against divorce rape. Then we can talk about the specific issue of divorce rape, and when you narrow the scope it is easier to convince someone of your position. As more women are breadwinners in the US, even women are starting to see the flaws of divorce laws. Give examples but swap roles so women are on the losing end instead of men, and suddenly you will find they agree with you.

Quote: (12-19-2016 07:06 PM)wi30 Wrote:  

You aren't going to change anyone's mind. Don't even bother engaging. You'll also get trolling points for using the word "retarded".

^You can't change someone's mind that's already made up, but you can absolutely influence someone who's on the fence and/or hasn't given it much thought.

I would open with "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others", a quote from animal farm. Link below, and then use animal farm as an example of why feminism is not about equality at all, its a war on men using ugly women as a proxy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_Farm

Where once feminism (a cultural revolution) was about giving women more of a say in society (i.e. On the face of things a good thing, in practice no but you can argue that further into the conversation), that now it has turned into something else entirely, which parallels well with the story of animal farm.

He who dares wins - Del Boy

Because, more often than not, those that support it are not interested in fairness or facts/reality. This is especially true today. Feminism 30, 40, 50 years ago would be embarrassed about what it means today.

Civilize the mind but make savage the body.

I dislike feminism because I want women to be happy.

This flipping the script works wonders on girls who are on the fence. Just take the pity route. Oh, poor girl, she became a feminist. Always sad when a girl doesn't have a good father in her life.

Followed up by: I love it when women play to their strengths instead of pretending to be men, and doing an inferior job at it.

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Because it bred this....

[Image: EYUtUoJ.jpg]

And discourages this...

[Image: Screen-Shot-2014-04-25-at-11.03.56-AM.png]

"Because it produces C.U.N.T.S."

Controlling
Unreasonable
Narcicisstic
Two faced
Solypsists

"It's the single biggest cause of female obesity."

Mr. D: "It caused my parents divorce, gave my mother years of misery and a trampled self-confidence in the aftermath. Now fuck off with that bullshit."

“As long as you are going to be thinking anyway, think big.” - Donald J. Trump

"I don't get all the women I want, I get all the women who want me." - David Lee Roth

Paracelsus: "Because it's the mindless handmaiden of mindless consumerism."

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

Phil Jackson: "Because it sets out to Destroy the nuclear family..... the nuclear family I missed out on growing and would kill to have for my kids"

Growth Over Everything Else.

The obvious hypocrisy and greed

My wife said it best.

"It's not about rights anymore, it's about justifying being a bitch".

ME: "Because it has led to dystopia."

(I'd slip in a fancy word (dystopia) in order to confound stereotypes and expectations lol.)

The next day:

HIM/HER: What do you mean by that Brick?

ME: Feminism promotes licentiousness in women.

HIM/HER: Do you mind elaborating Brick?

Two weeks ago my sister in law was a feminist because corporate life isn't going exactly to her liking and she wanted to gripe about the wage gap.

The next week when it snowed I said "Hey, you are a feminist, how about you practice equality and get out there and run that snowblower"

"I never said I was a feminist"

OH SO FUN!

I heard this recently and its where my journey against feminism ends "women want to import power and export accountability"

Concise, succinct, and the truest of true.

But you don't win these arguments head on. Nature wins them for you.

It destroys healthy relations between the sexes and sows discord and distrust of what feels perfectly normal for both men and women. It makes both sexes more unattractive to each other.

Most of the people who know me, I doubt they know I dislike feminism. If they knew me enough to ask that question, they'd know the answer.

Me and my daughter get into it sometimes about feminism, and my mom but she looks at things similar to how I do.

If someone asked me that question, I'd redirect. I don't have any problem with feminism, just feminists. If he/she/ze pushed further, my problem with feminism is I disagree with the theory and I think it's a net drag on society

Liberal: "Dude, why are you so against feminism?"

wi30: "Because it's fucking retarded."

I disagree. I talk to a lot of people about feminism and my facts change their mind if they aren't super rooted to the idea.

I start with "Because all feminist talking points are lies name a feminist talking point and I'll tell you why it's misleading or untrue."

Wage gap, rape on campus, misogyny in general it doesn't matter. If you sound reasonable many people will listen. Granted it must be in person and not over the internet.

I enjoy seeing people have "ah ha" moments and like to debate and make jokes.

It's fun for me.

Start with issues you know the most about and just have fun with it.

If that doesn't work just say "Feminism is worse than cancer" and you're all set.

"Dude, why are you so against feminism?"

Me: "Because it has been ruining both men and women alike for the last 50 years."

Because it's anti-female

Because it tells women that men are the enemy and that were holding them down and that we've historically had it easier than they do. Having a 9-5 and the responsibilities of providing for not just yourself but a family...these things aren't fun. In the 1800's the man wasn't going out to play grabass with his boys at work; he was sweating it out in some coal mine or factory to earn enough to put food on the table...but you know women - most of them have never heard a lie they didn't instantly believe.

And lately it's been used to justify shitty behavior and life choices, it seems to also be making women dumber too.

Quote: (12-19-2016 07:16 PM)Delta Wrote:  

^You can't change someone's mind that's already made up, but you can absolutely influence someone who's on the fence and/or hasn't given it much thought.

I highly doubt anyone on the fence has ever approached you saying, "Dude, why are you so against feminism?" Someone asking that obviously already has their mind made up.

I float words like "retarded" into a conversation or say mildly non-PC statements when I suspect someone is on the fence. I gauge their reaction and respond accordingly.

I've turned plenty of people onto Trump and Neo-Masculine principles. But you have to know when someone is worth persuading vs. a lost cause only worthy of trolling.

[Image: Screen-Shot-2016-12-10-at-10.08.13-PM-513x600.png]