rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Using Rented or Fake Flight Tickets to Obtain a Tourist Visa

I'm currently looking into obtaining the tourist visa for Brazil as an American.

They require proof of an inward and outward flight, or at least an itinerary that can be acquired from a travel agent. This requirement is confusing, as I'm not sure if they actually check to see if flights are valid or not, as it doesn't appear that you technically have to book a flight to meet this requirement.

Now I'm still not sure when I will fly out and I'm not positive either about my arrival time. I'm not sure about booking a refundable ticket as that sounds like I'll end up paying a lot.

I was curious if I create fake tickets (such as using returnflights.net) or if I "borrow" a ticket (such as flyonward.com) that someone at the Brazilian embassy will notice.

These sites are more for onward tickets that are checked at an airport, not an embassy. I'm specifically asking about using fake/borrowed tickets with embassies for obtaining visas.

Has anyone done this or known anyone who has done this? I'm worried they might actually check and bust me for it. How common is it for personnel at embassies to check the actual flight number?

With flyonward you can "rent" a ticket for up to 48 hours, so if I do this immediately prior to turning in my paperwork, they'll only notice the flight isn't mine if they investigate it three days later. They say it's a legal onward.

Any experience or hacks with obtaining tourist visas and getting around the itinerary/flight requirement would be appreciated.

They don't make extensive verification, but they might, so book a fully refundable flight on Expedia. Use your real name, book a real flight, but check the "refundable" box. That's what I always did.

Anyway if you're American, you shouldn't have any issues, as you have a very strong passport and I seriously doubt that your visa will be denied.

How long should the application process be for the visa? If it's a few days, or up to a week - why not just shoot an email to flyonward to get them to do it for longer than 48+ hours for $50 or $100 bucks?

Looks like they basically just constantly book and then cancel refundable tickets after reading the info on their website.

Or, if you have the funds, just get the refundable ticket yourself on the back half and cancel it later if need be.