rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Acronym Guide

Acronym Guide

Here's the acronym guide:

Quote:Quote:

Acronyms like PUA, AFC, HB, UG, LTR, AMOG, and so on were made by gurus who wanted you to adopt their language and further commit yourself to their teachings and products. This does not help your game. I don't have proof but I'm sure it hurts.

It has never happened that I was impressed by the game of a guy who spoke to me in letters instead of words.

Acronym Guide

Good point. That shit has always been annoying...on the other hand, it helps to have short hand when conversing with like minded folks....like medical people, or engineers etc.. but I see your point. Especially for the purposes of your site.

[Image: banana.gif] PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!

Acronym Guide

Quote: (08-11-2008 01:02 PM)Joe Wrote:  

Good point. That shit has always been annoying...on the other hand, it helps to have short hand when conversing with like minded folks....like medical people, or engineers etc.. but I see your point. Especially for the purposes of your site.

Understood why the acronyms are annoying, but I agree, it's just an easy way to talk through things. In the same sense, I use nicknames for friends that are short for texting, it shrinks the length but keeps the meaning.

Too bad this contest is not for top Wingman. I think I'm the king of that.

Acronym Guide

I don't have a problem if guys want to use acronyms here.

Acronym Guide

overuse of acronyms is a leading indicator of nerdishness. but i find myself using them once in a while, if for no other reason than that it gets my point across efficiently.

Acronym Guide

efficiency is exactly the reason why acronyms get used all across the board wherever you go in all areas off life

Acronym Guide

Quote: (08-13-2008 10:29 AM)Dman Wrote:  

efficiency is exactly the reason why acronyms get used all across the board wherever you go in all areas off life

nerds use jargon to seem smart and denote their 'differentness' from others.

What's a good real word for AMOGging? It's one acronym I can't think of a replacement for and you see it everywhere.

Acronym Guide

AMOGing = Gaming guys when you should be working on girls

Acronym Guide

When I bought Roosh's book, I threw in Mystery's book also to push me over the $25 Amazon free shipping threshold (so it only cost a few bucks). The acronyms in that book definitely annoyed me a lot. (Not to inflate Roosh's ego or anything, but Roosh, your book was a lot better written than his.)

Acronym Guide

Thanks zorgon. Writing and editing the book was more difficult than I imagined but the final product flows very nicely i think.