rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Penzance or St. Ives?

Penzance or St. Ives?

Hi guys! i'm based in London and thinking to visit Cornwall for a few days between 20.12-30.12, definitely not a flag mission, but you never know.
I'm trying to decide where to stay, but haven't found enough information on the internet.

Any UK members been there recently? Thanks in advance

Penzance or St. Ives?

St Ives.

Penzance or St. Ives?

Disclaimer: I used to go to Cornwall loads as a kid, but I haven't been there for about ten years.

I'm not sure if I ever went to St Ives, but I definitely did go to Penzance on a few occasions. I mostly only remember it very vaguely, but it was a nice place. The beach seemed to be quite popular, but by far the best part of it was St Michael's Mount. If you don't know what it is, it's an island fortress just off the coast which you can walk to during low tide. There was a nice museum there, as well as it just being a cool place. I would thoroughly recommend that you visit.

There are also a few other places I would recommend going to whilst you're in Cornwall. I always enjoyed visiting Tintagel when I was a kid. Tintagel's the supposed birthplace of King Arthur and has the ruins of an 800 year old castle (as well as being historically significant in other ways). One thing I always found amazing about it is the number of old fashioned blacksmiths there. My 9 year old self was fucking obsessed with swords, so I loved it (and bought some swords). There was also an awesome fudge shop there called Granny Wobbly's (I don't know if it still is).

Another cool place is the Eden project. It's basically a massive sustainability project with loads of plants from different climates.

Other notable places include: Land's End, Charlestown (where they filmed Poldark, I believe), Newquay Zoo, the Lizard, Jamaica Inn.

Edit: a place I forgot to mention is Minack Theatre. It's basically a theatre carved into the side of a cliff/stonecauseway. I would highly recommend going there.

Edit 2: Kynance Cove is another pretty cool place. I also went to Truro and Pendennis Castles as a kid. I can't remember much except that they were pretty interesting, and either one or both of them held reenactments.

Vidi, Vici, Veni.

Penzance or St. Ives?

I just remembered about another place you should definitely go to: Goonhilly.

Vidi, Vici, Veni.

Penzance or St. Ives?

Quote: (12-11-2016 07:00 AM)apolis Wrote:  

Hi guys! i'm based in London and thinking to visit Cornwall for a few days between 20.12-30.12, definitely not a flag mission, but you never know.
I'm trying to decide where to stay, but haven't found enough information on the internet.

Any UK members been there recently? Thanks in advance

l live near there and go to Cornwall a few times a year. I would definitely recommend St. Ives.