rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Feminist protests "street harassment", Article in WashPo

I wonder if anyone else has seen this article in the Washington Post, entitled "D.C.'s fight against street harassment"? http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/...story.html

It seems that this one woman has made it her personal crusade to confront men, who approach women, and while I agree a lot with her on certain things, I think she takes it a little too far. It's definitely not okay to walk up to a girl and grab her ass, or snap a "upskirt" shot of her pussy while she's riding the escalator, but telling a women to smile is not cool?

This will be interesting when Roosh's "Day Bang" will be released and D.C. will be crawling with guys trying to run day/street game. It seems that this crusader feminist chick, doesn't want men approaching random women in any capacity, because it makes women feel "uncomfortable and unsafe", and women are just trying to "mind their own business and go about their day."

That is exactly how I used to feel as well, like I would be disturbing a women if I were to randomly approach them and engage them in conversation. It would be inappropriate to approach them and would be "crossing some kind of line", and it's thinking like that which largely held me back in a lot of cases.

I think our culture and feminism has gone a little too far in what they deem to be "harassment" or inappropriate behavior, and has totally pussified and feminized men. I remember growing up from elementary to high school always watching instructional videos on sexual harrasment and the like, so I always feared pushing the limits to attract women, because I felt fear, shame, guilt, that what I was doing was wrong.

A lot of guys may have unconciously internalized some of these thoughts, and it maybe holding them back in the "dating/pick up game". It's such an oxymoron because most women want men to be aggressive and be the one to pursue, but all with class, good taste, and respect for her. It's definitely not cool to tell a women she has a nice ass and grab it, but there is nothing wrong with complimenting her dress, and that she looks nice.

My day openers are feminist friendly and approved.

For you guys who like those stunt pick-up videos, you could probably use this data to holler at chicks pretty effectively--if you're into this kind of shit. I could totally do this, logistically speaking anyway.

1. Go to the t-shirt printing shop up the street and get a shirt with the words, "Stop Female Harassment NOW!" written on it. approx. $11.

2. Bring my clipboard (I own one already). $0

3. Tie a shitty Bic pen to said clipboard with piece of twine.

4. Stand in very public area near the college I live by.

5. Stop cute girls and ask them if they "have a minute to stop female harassment."

6. Ask them if they've been harassed by "random men" in the past week, month, year.

7. Check off shit on my clipboard.

8. Start asking specifics about the "harassment": location, the look of the guy, age, what he said, etc.

9. React to their stories and present better scenarios. "What if he had said blank-blank-blank. Would that have seemed more classy or appropriate or less classy and appropriate."

10. Ask general demographic information about her and "are you currently in a committed relationship?" Check off on clipboard.

11. If no, gradually transition into your game. If yes, "thank for your time today."

Rinse. Repeat. [Image: lol.gif]

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

This fugly girl I work with got day game by this dude the other day. He was doing kino and all that ish. She got pissed the herb janitor guy got in her ear and was saying stuff like "he was taking away your rights!" "I cant believe guys like him!"

Now this chick is short and fat and her face looks like she was hit with a shovel. I told her to not act like she didnt like it. Then I found out she is racist to top it all off "well I don't talk to those people"

I really don't think that article has much relevance on proper day game as we understand it. This mostly has to do with low class black guys cat calling at women (something the article is careful to avoid mentioning). And yes, these dudes will holla at any shorty they take a fancy to (which in some sense I actually admire).

A more interesting question is whether the streets of DC will be swarming with guys doing day game after Roosh's book comes out. My prediction is that they won't be.

Hehe. Just looking at the picture attached to the article it was way easy to guess which one of those ex-women is "protesting against sexual harassment". I bet she didn't get any for a while, and kinda got jealous.

Nothing actually changed, and there is nothing to write about. The Earth was always full of idiots who went crusade against anything, from condoms to having Spanish forms at DMV. It is just the Internet makes it more easy for us to find out about those idiots.

And yeah, I bet nothing would change when Roosh releases his book. There are already some quality daygame books, for example "Daytime Dating - Never sleep alone" I've read recently. So those who needed a book would have already got it.