rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

No Country For Old Men movie

The character Llewellyn Moss from No Country for Old men is everything a liberal Marxist,everyone is equal, hates. This is because Lewellyn oozes the rugged individualism where the winner is the and the loser is the loser that is the nightmare scenario for marxists. Now the utopian society of the liberal Marxist would involve those that are at the total opposite end of the of the spectrum. In my free time I enjoy trying to understand the liberal physiology, and a good place to start is looking at the situation is Sweden. There are some totally warped individuals in that country that are pathetic to say the least, people who I detest, people who are the complete opposite to Lewellyn Moss, and for that Lewellyn Moss is someone I greatly admire.

A guy that risks his life to bring agua to a Mexican drug smuggler? For me it's Anton Chigurh all the way. Total dark triad alpha. Try out his coin toss approach on a broad just once and you'll see what I mean.

Quote:Quote:

This is because Lewellyn oozes the rugged individualism where the winner is the and the loser is the loser

Lewellyn Moss lost in No Country for Old Men.

He loses throughout the movie. He's such a fuck up that he even gets his lady killed. Tommy Lee Jones is basically walking through the movie shaking his head at how stupid and out matched Lewellyn is. It's almost like you're talking about a different movie.

Not the best example, I'd say Clint Eastwood embodies Alpha and as such has been maligned by hollywood.

"Does PUA say that I just need to get to f-close base first here and some weird chemicals will be released in her brain to make her a better person?"
-Wonitis

If we're talking Coen bros. movies I'd go with Walter.

"OVER THE LINE!!!!"

Moss lost because he had compassion.

Read Blood Meridian, it will make more sense.

Moss was the transition from the moralistic sheriff to the cold heartless Anton, a sort of evolution.
When his uncle told the sherriff about his grandpa (gunned down on his doorstep some 80 or so years prior), the uncle was conveying that this country, the world in general has always been a rough cruel place.

When he realized that he could not handle this new world, he retired.
Moss died because while tough and crafty he was not completely ruthless. Had he taken the money and ran he would have gotten away. His conscience, his humanity for another man , is what did him and his wife in.

Anton had no compassion for human life, he was a survivor.

However, he was not as 'intellectual' and evil as Judge Holden.

It's implied the wife got killed, not explicitly stated however.

"Does PUA say that I just need to get to f-close base first here and some weird chemicals will be released in her brain to make her a better person?"
-Wonitis

I appreciate everyone's input. For those getting into hunting, don't start tracking the animal straight away though, give it half hour, to allow the animal's adrenaline to run out and it will just stop and drop to the ground. If you track its straight away the animal's adrenaline, knowing you are behind, will mean you will be going after it for two hours. Blessings

Also, if you, while hunting antelope, come upon a recent blood bath between two mexican gangs where a truck filled to the brim with heroin and a suitcase with cash are involved.

Do make it a point to check the money for tracking devices and don't come back for any reason.

Bushcraft9, seriously, read Blood meridian. Its will definitely make you think.

Quote: (11-30-2016 08:31 PM)Rhyme or Reason Wrote:  

It's implied the wife got killed, not explicitly stated however.

In the book, she explicitly gets shot in the face.

In the movie, he looks at his boots like he usually does after killing someone to make sure he is not tracking blood.

Great movie and book. Definitely in my top 3 for both.

The Maximally Pathetic Schema: Xs who labor to convince Ys that “I’m not one of those despicable Zs!,” when in fact it is obvious to the meanest intelligence that the Ys see no difference between Xs and Zs, don’t care anyway, and would love to throw both Xs and Zs into a gulag.

- Adrian Vermeule