rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Philosophies that match Bodhi from Point Break (1991) ?

I just re-watch the original Point break movie from 1991 which i find really good and i noticed that there actually are many underlying philosophical ideas when you look deeper in the movie (as for Tyler durden in Fight club).

Which philosophies do you think matches the movie ?

And do you know any other movies with this kind of rebellious-philosophy vibe ?

It's just nihilism, with a few Mahayana vocabulary sprinkled in to make you feel they are saying something important.

To answer your question, Order of Chaos is quite entertaining but in the end the same crap.

One of my favorite movies of all time. Never fully thought of it at the time but it sparked something in me when he said cant remember about people inching away in their metal coffins etc etc. Funny i can see it so clear now, same with alot of movies i loved as a kid, Trainspotting for example, i thought it was cool as i was young and taking some drugs and like rave type music. But even then i could see something much deeper, didnt know it then though.

Some people, most people live their whole lives and never see it.

This doesn't answer the OP's question but your life will be significantly improved if every morning when waking up you play this on repeat for 5 minutes.

You could watch the remake.

No, not the one with the same title.

I'm talking about "The Fast and the Furious."

[Image: tard.gif]

Quote: (12-02-2016 07:45 AM)262 Wrote:  

You could watch the remake.

No, not the one with the same title.

I'm talking about "The Fast and the Furious."

[Image: tard.gif]

Except few exceptions, i would say that movies made after 2000 or so are not as good as the older ones.

I think it's the time when Hollywood started to be more brainwashed by leftist lobbies and crap like that.

I love this scene where he clearly demonstrate leadership qualities :