rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The "Transgenderism is Mass Hysteria" Thread

Excellent read and breakdown of how transgenderism is a mental health disorder that has swelled to levels of Mass Hysteria

Too long to post the whole thing, but some excellent points made within.

http://thefederalist.com/2016/11/17/psyc...k-science/

The Contagion of Mass Delusion

Transgenderism would refute the natural laws of biology and transmute human nature. The movement’s philosophical foundation qualifies it as a popular delusion similar to the multiple-personality craze, and the widespread “satanic ritual abuse” and “recovered memory” hysterias of the 1980s and ‘90s. These last two involved bizarre accusations of child abuse and resulted in the prosecution and ruined lives of the falsely accused.

Such popular delusions are characterized by a false belief unsupported by any scientific or empirical evidence and have a contagious quality that overrides rational thinking and even common sense. This all-too-human tendency to suspend individual critical judgment and go along with the crowd is greatly facilitated by social media. Most important, however, the cause has received the imprimatur of “experts.” The very people who should know better have bought into the hysteria. Just as “mental health professionals” a generation ago supported the child abuse delusions, and even participated in prosecuting the unjustly accused, so too have they fueled the fire of the transgender delusion.

The transgender movement was greatly energized when The American Psychiatric Association (APA) in its 2013 revised edition of the “Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Psychiatric Disorders” (DSM-5) delisted “Gender Identity Disorder” as a psychiatric “disorder,” reclassifying it as “Gender Dysphoria.” However, rather than providing a scientific validation of the transgender agenda, the APA’s action was a remarkable abrogation of professional responsibility in the interest of political correctness.

Activist Science Plus Relativism Equals Insanity

However, the process works both ways. Psychiatric “disorders” both come and go in response to contemporary cultural fads and determined special interests. For the sexual liberation movement the political advantage lay in having offending disorders removed. In 1973 it succeeded in getting the APA to remove homosexuality from its lexicon of disorders simply by vote of the membership.

Such was the agenda that the APA bought into when it dropped “Gender Identity Disorder” from the DSM-5. However, rather than simply eliminating the concept of gender identity since officially it was no longer a disorder, it created a “new diagnostic class” called “gender dysphoria.” This carried the assault on common sense even further, since now psychiatrists, the purported experts on distinguishing between fantasy and reality, put their stamp of approval on the transgender hysteria.

Only prelogical children and psychotic adults believe in magical thinking, that “wishing can make it so.” Yet “gender dysphoria” is characterized as “gender incongruence:” a feeling of dissatisfaction with one’s “assigned” (birth) gender, and a wish to be otherwise-gendered, makes one a different person. To reclaim one’s true (desired) gender identity may require sex-reassignment surgery, a treatment for the “new diagnostic class” of gender dysphoria sanctioned by the APA. The torturous vocabulary the DSM manufactured to label the possible gender spectrum variations would be laughable were it not so tragic.

Refusing to Diagnose Withholds Needed Treatment

The tragedy, of course, is that people suffering from identity issues do not receive the help they need. Anorexia nervosa is another disorder characterized by a distortion of body image. However, in contrast to the transgendered, who are aided in acting out a delusion with hormones and “sex-reassignment,” people with a morbid and unrealistic perception of themselves as being obese or too heavy are not put on weight-reducing diets. Rather, anorexia is diagnosed as a psychiatric disorder and treated appropriately with psychotherapy.

Anorexia and “gender dysphoria” are among the many manifestations of psychological conflict that may occur during the “identity crisis” of adolescence, an important developmental milestone in identity formation. It is a time of rapid physical changes and strong sexual urges. Gender confusion—the wish to be the opposite sex, or even to be no sex at all (non-gendered)—can simply be a young person’s temporary pause in resolving the conflict between the safety of secure parental attachments and the compelling but frightening urges of adult sexuality and autonomy.

Reinforcing Delusions Hurts People

More lamentable still is the use of these “treatments” in prepubescent children whose prelogical thinking blurs the boundaries between fantasy and reality. Young parents with concerns about their children need to seek the counsel of people with knowledge about normal child development. Unfortunately, good advice is sometimes hard to come by. Afraid of being seen as “behind the times,” “ignorant,” or “bigoted,” people who should know better are unwilling to rely on their own common sense and the wisdom of generations.

If a four-year-old girl, who, afraid of being displaced in her parents’ affection by a new baby brother, announces that she is a boy, wise parents do not begin treating her as a boy. They do not assume she is transgendered. Instead, they embrace her and assure her that she is their precious little girl whom they love. Parents who allow prepubescent children to choose whether they want to be male or female have relinquished their role as rational adults, and are themselves in need of psychiatric consultation.

Midlife is a challenging time for many people. Middle-aged men and women who feel dissatisfied with their lives may act out unrealistic romantic fantasies in an attempt to remake themselves. Often this leads to the tragedy of divorce and the destruction of families. The transgender movement has fostered the most unrealistic fantasy imaginable—that one can solve what is always a multidimensional dissatisfaction with one’s self by changing one’s sex.

The LBGT movement has achieved enormous success in exploiting the psychological vulnerabilities of people who lack a coherent sense of self, providing both activist leaders and a “noble” cause with which to identify. Flush with success following the Supreme Court’s same-sex marriage decision, the movement has taken on an aura of invincibility.

The success of the transgender rights crusade, based as it is on the cultural delusion of denying biologic difference between the sexes, would suggest there are no limits to the movement’s goal of reshaping American culture and its institutions. Attaching oneself to such a powerful force can be a heady experience for someone whose self-identity is largely defined by the people and causes with which he or she identifies.

Demonizing the Opposition

Who are the opposition? True to identity politics, they are cast as a mob of bigoted haters who would deny the transgendered their basic human rights. There can be no other explanation for why someone might believe that transgenderism defies both reason and the laws of biology.

The demonized, of course, are those of religious faith. Much of the Western world has become secularized and anti-religious, but a strain of strong religious belief still remains in the United States. These adherents to a code of sexual morality that differs from the LGBT sexual liberation agenda, albeit foundational to the Judeo-Christian value system for millennia, are seen as the last bastion of opposition. Consequently, expressions of sincerely held religious belief are attacked as hateful and bigoted. Believers are mocked as unsophisticated rubes and rednecks, desperately clinging to their guns and religion while resisting the inevitable triumph of rational modernity.

The liberal mainstream media is chief among the institutions in lock-step with the divisive tactics of identity politics. Glowing anecdotal accounts and individual testimonies of people who have had sex-change surgery regularly appear in fawning media reports that support and encourage the transgender craze. Transgendered celebrities in particular are commended, and the person’s preferred gender pronoun always dutifully applied.

Any religious or moral opposition to the movement is reflexively characterized as hateful and discriminatory. Nowhere to be seen are the accounts of disillusionment and depression by those who regret having had surgery. In neglecting compelling clinical evidence and research in support of the common-sense notion that surgery is not a treatment for a psychological disorder, the psychiatric profession is certainly most culpable (although one wonders what has become of responsible reporting and the honored tradition of investigative journalism).

The Long March Through Institutions

Along with the media, the political left has warmly embraced the LGBT movement’s apparent goal to reshape the social fabric and cultural traditions of American life and to reconstruct society to suit its demands. There appears to be no limit to efforts to silence dissenters. Religious believers are being demonized, and many fear even freedom of the pulpit is in jeopardy. There is no hesitation in using courts to impose the will of a tiny minority on the general public, even to the extent of changing the bathroom practices of the entire nation.

The effect the transgender delusion will have on our society and its institutions, including the military, remains to be seen. In contrast, the destructive influence of identity politics is immediate and very personal for the transgendered. As faceless members of a political special interest group, they are robbed not only of their distinctness as individuals but also of their chance for effective treatment.

Historically, contagious popular delusions that deny common sense and fly in the face of reality eventually run their course. This will likely be the fate of the transgender craze. But before it collapses under its own weight, many people will suffer irreparable harm.

Feel free to add any examples of trans-mania, and any other scientific evidence refuting the madness.

Chateau Heartiste had a pretty good recent article on nearly this same thing, namely GID(Gender Identity Disorder). Worth the read.
https://heartiste.wordpress.com/2016/11/...ck-hearts/

"In news that, if you think about it, makes perfect sense, it turns out faggy boys who think they’re girls more often have crazy, BPD, depressive mothers.

This pilot study compared mothers of boys with gender identity disorder (GID) with mothers of normal boys to determine whether differences in psychopathology and child-rearing attitudes and practices could be identified. Results of the Diagnostic Interview for Borderlines and the Beck Depression Inventory revealed that mothers of boys with GID had more symptoms of depression and more often met the criteria for Borderline Personality Disorder than the controls. Fifty-three percent of the mothers of boys with GID compared with only 6% of controls met the diagnosis for Borderline Personality Disorder on the Diagnostic Interview for Borderlines or had symptoms of depression on the Beck Depression Inventory. Results of the Summers and Walsh Symbiosis Scale suggested that mothers of probands had child-rearing attitudes and practices that encouraged symbiosis and discouraged the development of autonomy.

Mentally and emotionally rekt moms promote sex identity complexes in their sons, and leach off their sons to feel better about themselves. COLOR ME SHOCKED.

How many feminists do you know who *aren’t* depressive, crazy, BPD headcases? Now imagine how many gender bender fruitcup sons those feminists will produce. IT’S A BALLOCAUST!

Don’t stick your dick in crazy, confirmed by SCIENCE."

Excellent concern trolling material. Thank you both.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

I suspect that trans is a real thing but extremely rare in reality. There are a few high-functioning trans people but most of them are a disaster at every level in ways that can't be pinned on their gender identity crisis or societal rejection.

I'm looking forward to more internecine battles between the trannies and feminists. Can't decide who to root for. Probably better for society if the feminists win but the trannies have my sympathies.

Psychologist J. Michael Bailey wrote an interesting book about his theories on transsexuality, basically that a minority of male-to-female transsexuals are straight men who get off on the idea of being a woman as a fetish; and the rest are gay guys who were very feminine in childhood, sissies. (The story of how colleagues in academia tried to excommunicate Bailey for his research is also noteworthy.)

Another good book on gender identity is As Nature Made Him: The Boy Who Was Raised as a Girl, about David Reimer, who had has penis removed as an infant due to an accident. I'm sure he's been mentioned before on the forum. What they did to him is outrageous. As an adult man, he married, became a stepfather and eventually committed suicide. The 'gender is fluid' psycho-medical establishment really fucked upon that one.

Quote: (11-19-2016 09:00 PM)ElFlaco Wrote:  

I suspect that trans is a real thing but extremely rare in reality. There are a few high-functioning trans people but most of them are a disaster at every level in ways that can't be pinned on their gender identity crisis or societal rejection.

I'm looking forward to more internecine battles between the trannies and feminists. Can't decide who to root for. Probably better for society if the feminists win but the trannies have my sympathies.

Psychologist J. Michael Bailey wrote an interesting book about his theories on transsexuality, basically that a minority of male-to-female transsexuals are straight men who get off on the idea of being a woman as a fetish; and the rest are gay guys who were very feminine in childhood, sissies. (The story of how colleagues in academia tried to excommunicate Bailey for his research is also noteworthy.)

Another good book on gender identity is As Nature Made Him: The Boy Who Was Raised as a Girl, about David Reimer, who had has penis removed as an infant due to an accident. I'm sure he's been mentioned before on the forum. What they did to him is outrageous. As an adult man, he married, became a stepfather and eventually committed suicide. The 'gender is fluid' psycho-medical establishment really fucked upon that one.

I don't think trans is a "real thing" at all. I think it is like you described in the last paragraph, i.e. they're just really feminine gay guys.

It is biologically impossible to change someone into the opposite sex. Your male-ness is literally in every cell in your body, in the form of a Y-chromosome.

That David Reimer story has always made my blood boil. Fuck that shit. And what pisses me off even more is that activists have always touted the case as a success.

Transgenderism is real, but quite rare. The recent increase in transgenderism may actually be due to biochemistry, specifically xenoestrogens from various sources. All modern pesticides used in agriculture are xenoestrogens (the old pesticides that actually killed bugs were largely banned in the 1970's) as well as the by products of some plastics manufacturing. That "new car" smell is all xenoestrogens. Think about that when you buy your next car or even when you rent one while travelling (essentially all of my rental cars are near new and I travel a lot). In parallel with this is the generational decline in testosterone in males. Declines were noted in studies done in 1988 to 1996 and 1996 to 2004. I don't know of any follow on studies to this.

If the xenoestrogen hypothesis is correct, the very predictable result will be a massive increase in transgenderism (male to female) between now and mid century (2050).

I tend to favor biochemical explanations for many changes in human behavior. For example, the violent crime wave of 1963 to 2003 can be explained by environmental Lead. Even the divorce revolution of the late 60's and 70's may be due to the hormone changes caused by birth control pills, which first came out in 1962. Remember, this is the high dosage pill, which actually did mess up a lot of women at the time. The modern low-dosage pill did not come out until the mid 80's.

Also, never forget that one of the key reasons for the decline and collapse of Rome was the use of Lead in Rome's plumbing system. The Romans were the only civilization prior to the modern age to have indoor plumbing. They were really quite advanced for their time.

My biggest issue with Transgenderism is that simply psychology has become a political tool and fails to upholds its own standards. As this article points out, psychiatry is supposed to correct delusional thinking, not reinforce it. Nobody in society would encourage me if I stated adamantly that Adriana Lima was my girlfriend, they'ed say I was psychotic and institute me. Just like if I said I was the King of England and needed to be treated according to my royal authority.

This reminds me of a phenomenon in history that was referred to a "Glass Delusion", where people used to believe they were made of glass and could shatter as such. King Charles VI of France most notably suffered from this and probably schizophrenia, unfortunate for a man of his position. The funny thing is, this delusion died out over time as human anatomy became better understood by the public, and often enough when people did have the delusion it only took being beaten for them to realize they weren't glass and couldn't shatter.

Transgenderism may very well be a 21st Century flavor of delusional thinking, just as Glass Delusion was an embodiment of the Early Modern Era.

Quote: (11-20-2016 01:25 AM)Rob Banks Wrote:  

I don't think trans is a "real thing" at all. I think it is like you described in the last paragraph, i.e. they're just really feminine gay guys.

It is biologically impossible to change someone into the opposite sex. Your male-ness is literally in every cell in your body, in the form of a Y-chromosome.

That David Reimer story has always made my blood boil. Fuck that shit. And what pisses me off even more is that activists have always touted the case as a success.
Hilarious how the left doesn't like gender stereotypes but a guy who says he likes girly stuff needs to chop off his penis.
This is nothing more than the 'LGBT community' taking cross-dressing to the next level. They got gay marriage, so now they're pushing this shit. It's sickening. Because now, due to the media, already mentally ill people are getting ideas planted in their head. And nutjob parents are either talking their kids into it or wrongly assuming the child is 'really a boy/girl'.

Saying you're female despite having male DNA is like saying you're another species despite having human DNA. Sure, it's a lot easier to make yourself appear to be a woman than it is to make yourself appear to be a cat, dog or giraffe - but that doesn't make it any more real. Injecting yourself with estrogen and getting plastic surgery doesn't change a thing. It's like when a person gets a nose job - any future child they have will still inherit their real nose. You are your DNA. You are human. You are male or female. You are black, asian or white. You are the child of your biological parents. Simple as that.

This is just LGBT pushing their agenda. They're getting tribal - notice how they're a 'community' now? They're pretty much at war with normalcy.
Check out this 'Safe Schools' LGBT program being taught in Australian schools:
http://www.corybernardi.com/keep_politic...of_schools
Quote:Quote:

The program, written by homosexual activists and supported to the tune of $8m by the federal government, encourages children as young as 11 to become advocates for the homosexual cause.

The course materials make all manner of ridiculous claims. They insist that asking about the gender of a newborn reinforces a ‘heteronormative worldview’ and promotes homophobia. To utilise the same terminology against these fools; they are clearly being heterophobic!

Further, the producers of this propaganda claim that ten per cent of people are same-sex attracted and a further four per cent are transgender. These figures stem from the discredited research of Alfred Kinsey in the 1940s and are not supported by either US or Australian statistics.

In fact, they overstate the truth by many multiples. Like so many other ‘causes du jour’, the truth matters little to the advocates.

The program also isolates students in front of the entire class if they don’t comply with the mantra demanded of the homosexual activists. This is bullying on a grand scale and the fact it is in any way sanctioned through federal funding is a disgrace.

The government has hidden behind the claim that it’s an optional program but that statement conveniently ignores the fact that the Victorian government has made it mandatory for their schools from 2018.

Perhaps the most alarming aspect of the program is the part where 11-year-old children are asked to imagine themselves as a 16-year-old going out with someone of the same gender that ‘they are really into’. What sort of an education system asks that of pre-teen children?

At a time when too many of our schools are failing to maintain teaching standards, when the literacy and numeracy rates of students are falling, when demands for school funds climb ever higher, why would any government even contemplate supporting such a desperate political agenda targeting our school children?

The homosexual lobby demand tolerance and truth but their actions, including by virtue of this school program, demonstrate the polar opposite.

Not satisfied with pursuing religious figures through the legal system over their support for traditional marriage, activists are now seeking to co-opt innocent children into their agenda of intolerance.

Of course, like every other Australian, homosexual activists are free to pursue their cause among the adult community in whatever manner they like, within the bounds of the law. But they should have the decency to leave our children and our education system out of it.

By the way, I agree with the article Damien linked to. The sooner this tranny shit goes away the better. Apparently the TV show 'Modern Family' will be featuring a tranny child soon. And I've heard that Angelina Jolie, the child adopter, just so happens to have a little boy who's really a little girl. I guess adopting african kids isn't trendy enough anymore.

Quote: (11-20-2016 09:23 PM)Meister Eckhart Wrote:  

My biggest issue with Transgenderism is that simply psychology has become a political tool and fails to upholds its own standards. As this article points out, psychiatry is supposed to correct delusional thinking, not reinforce it. Nobody in society would encourage me if I stated adamantly that Adriana Lima was my girlfriend, they'ed say I was psychotic and institute me. Just like if I said I was the King of England and needed to be treated according to my royal authority.

This reminds me of a phenomenon in history that was referred to a "Glass Delusion", where people used to believe they were made of glass and could shatter as such. King Charles VI of France most notably suffered from this and probably schizophrenia, unfortunate for a man of his position. The funny thing is, this delusion died out over time as human anatomy became better understood by the public, and often enough when people did have the delusion it only took being beaten for them to realize they weren't glass and couldn't shatter.

Transgenderism may very well be a 21st Century flavor of delusional thinking, just as Glass Delusion was an embodiment of the Early Modern Era.

I think we all agree that transgenderism has suddenly been thrust in to the spotlight by the MSM. I look at it this way. At what point does a liberal become a conservative. Or perhaps at what point does a progressive say they are happy with progress.

By that I mean when feminism has achieved it's goals you move on to something else. Now gay marriage has happened, you move to something else. When trans rights or trans acceptance or mass medication of young men happens. Whatever the end goal is, what happens next - polgamy (likely), paedophilia (unlikely for now). At what point does the liberal, progressive say they are happy with where we are at now - never. They never become conservative in the sense of being happy with the status quo.

For example, people who are say professional feminists don't actually want to solve the 'problem' they are campaigning against, because it puts them out of a job. Does the everyday sexism website want everyday sexism to stop. The police don't want crime to go away and the NSA doesn't want terrorists to not exist. Professional liberals loose power, money and status when the problems are "solved". So you just need to keep bringing in new problems.

It's the same reason that liberal babies become more and more sensitive and easily upset. Because they've already gained mass acceptance of most of the stuff they want, so they have to keep taking things up a notch or they are rendered essentially pointless.

It's really no coincidence that trans rights/acceptance/whatever has suddenly reared its ugly head. It's because gay marriage has happened, and basically everyone has accepted it. Trans "rights" are less definite because what rights can be granted that they haven't already got. Just the mass acceptance of drugging pre-pubescent, mostly boys, to become the other gender.

5 years time "trans" will become normally accepted in main stream society then we will move on the rights or acceptance of something else. I don't think it really has anything to do with mass delusions or stuff like that, it's just certain vested interests pushing the issue for their own ends.

Someone needs to no platform this evil pediatrician.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Recently in the UK, there was a two part programme on Channel 4 about gender identity, which consisted of a Big Brother type set up, involving people of varying sexual descriptions. Hats off to the gay man, who described gender fluid as this years gluten free, and just another fad.

Quote: (07-24-2018 12:14 PM)debeguiled Wrote:  

Someone needs to no platform this evil pediatrician.

Transgenderism is nothing more than an alternative sexual/survival strategy taken to the extreme. The vast majority of Trannies are men. All male institutions and circumstances (think prison, military, loooong voyages) create a strict and rigid hierarchy. Weak men will often turn effeminate and trannylike as a survival and social strategy. They are then protected by stronger men and treated more like women.

As our society creates a growing pool of male losers, more and more of the weakest men will become effeminate and some will take extreme steps to become feminine. At a detached logical level, this makes sense.

Imagine a thin, effeminate male. He feels helpless, with little hope of competing in the modern sexual market. Yet he can see how absolutely valued pretty women are (and in today's market almost anything with a vagina).
By playing dress up, taking some hormones, and chopping off his dick to become a fake pussy, this thin and effeminate male can feel desired just like the women who have ignored him all his life. Now it can bask in the glow of endless attention as other low-tier men hit on it because of their unquenchable thirst.

Eventually reality breaks through like rays of sun breaking a storm. Unable to deal with the harsh light "it" will often kill itself.

Transgender Greens Candidate Quits Party Race After Father Jailed for Child Rape

[Image: Challenors-3-640x480.png]

A rising transgender star in the Green Party has withdrawn from the deputy leadership race after her father, who had twice previously acted as her election agent, was jailed for the rape and torture of a 10-year-old girl in the attic of the family home.
Green Party candidate Aimee Challenor, 20, withdrew from the race on Sunday after her father David Challenor, 50, was sentenced to 22 years in jail last week for the false imprisonment and rape of a child

Despite knowing her father was charged with the abuse of the 10-year-old, and even after his court date had been set, Aimee Challenor named her father as her agent when she ran in the 2017 general election and in council elections in May 2018 (in which she failed to gain either seat).

the aspiring politician who transitioned from male to female at the age of 16

Transitioned?

I think at best, Aimee has some things it can't remember.

- Breitbart

Article on Dad: DM

Great post by Adonis

Study equates transgenderism to alcoholism and other mental disorders
thread-70363.html

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article...ne.0202330

I'm sure he diddled "her" too, that's why "she" is now a mentally unstable tranny.

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.