rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Canadian Christian University wins court fight to create Law School

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada...reasonable

So. In Canada this has been going on for a while. There is a higher ed Institution called "Trinity Western University" that is an accredited University in Vancouver, BC. They have a "covenant" that students will follow certain biblical laws above and beyond the law of the land, mainly, no hanky panky before marriage and no marrying someone of the same gender being the particularly objectionable parts causing all the problems.

The BC law society is a bunch of SJW cucks who hate anyone who doesn't think like them. So when TWU wanted to create the first Christian Law School in Canada (I believe anyway, correct me if I'm wrong) these assholes have thrown a giant fit and fought in court that TWU's rules expose gays and lesbians to an unreasonable to degree of contempt and potential harm.

A couple other provinces have pre-emptively banned TWU from getting accreditation in their province, before the law school has been founded.

That said, the school can't form until officially accredited in BC. The linked article shows that they've won in an appeals court in BC, and now their enemies will take it to the Supreme court.

Personally, I think the covenant is a bit silly, but they are a Christian institution, and if someone is willing to pay $25,000 a year and promise not to do it until marriage that's their own goddamn decision.

While Trump's potential win is in the air, I thought some levity about how some other important cultural battles are still out there to be won, and how much other work we have to do.

Guys, this is just the beginning.

In all Abraham religions like Christianity, Judaism and Islam, the Canadian culture views any religion for all I know, to be "hate" as long as someone could find a line which could be interpreted as misogyny.

Christianity is attacked in Canada because it is considered the religion of "ze whitey male paytreearchie", which is considered tantamount to hate speech no matter what.

Orthodox Jews from Lev Tahor in Quebec were forced into exile from Canada into Guatemala because some femicunt from a social agency viewed it as "barbaric" to see 17-year-old Jewish boys being arranged marriages to 14 to 16-year-old females. The Tev Lahor Jews were subject to investigation for "child marriage" and women abuse until all of them fled to Guatemala.

No matter how many Syrian refugees are in Canada, it is a femicunt from the social agency who tell their wives that certain behaviours of their husbands are "abuse", and that she should divorce her husband and go on welfare until she can find a dead-end job to pay taxes for the same social workers who told the Syrian refugee to divorce her husband.

Religion is considered "hate" in Canada when it is not well-received by the SJW crowd. The only time when religious groups are considered "acceptable" are when they do "Yoga" from Hindu culture, which is NOT a bunch of white women wearing almost see through "yoga pants" bending over in front of a camera to show off the contours of her ass cheeks, or "Islamic feminism" and "Female Pastors in Christianity", or "Atheist Judaism".

Point is that the Canadian authorities only accept Christianity as long it fits the narrative.

Actually, the BC law society approved TWU's application at first. But then a number of lawyers sent in a petition and then the Law Society reversed their decision.

I'm relieved to see that Freedom of Religion still means something.