rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Career or Girls?

Career or Girls?

Hi Roosh'rs,

First, I've been a long time lurker here and appreciate the wealth of information here that has helped my view of game and life.

I'm at a crossroads in my life between career vs. girls and I would like to hear input from fellow like-minded men.

I'm currently living in a foreign city I would consider poosy paradise for me. Have a stable job as an engineer, but work long hours. Enjoy the people I work with a lot so it makes passing the stressful times bearable.

I game hard 1 day a week on the weekends, but sometimes it can only be every other 2 weeks due to a loaded work schedule.

Now the thing is, I have a new job opportunity recently that allows me to be a sales engineer in California. I've heard good stuff about engineers transitioning to sales engineering being a good step forward as a career.

My concern is that I'm going to leave my poosy paradise to kick it in Cali.

What would you guys choose in this situation? Leave poosy paradise or pursue a step forward in your career? Is Cali a good place to practice game? I may be near the Silicon Valley area and I've heard it's a terrible place for game. Am I focusing on the wrong things here?

Thank you for any feedback

Surgically precise game is best game.

-Surgeon

Career or Girls?

My vote would be career/money comes first, over anything except family and close/loyal friends if you have them. Career and money enable everything else. You can't assume that your opportunities to make money later will always be as good or better than they are now. I'm middle aged, economic opportunity has done nothing but decline over my working life. I do ok financially, but nothing compared to what someone with my relative skill set could have done 20 years ago. Make money and don't spend it as fast as it comes in. Save cash, save gold/silver, invest in stocks, whatever, but earn and accumulate while you have the chance. What you accumulate now gives you options later, whatever the situation.

Career or Girls?

Quote: (10-25-2016 08:53 AM)Edmund Ironside Wrote:  

My vote would be career/money comes first, over anything except family and close/loyal friends if you have them. Career and money enable everything else. You can't assume that your opportunities to make money later will always be as good or better than they are now. I'm middle aged, economic opportunity has done nothing but decline over my working life. I do ok financially, but nothing compared to what someone with my relative skill set could have done 20 years ago. Make money and don't spend it as fast as it comes in. Save cash, save gold/silver, invest in stocks, whatever, but earn and accumulate while you have the chance. What you accumulate now gives you options later, whatever the situation.

I appreciate the feedback from an experienced brother of the game.

It's eye opening to hear that economic opportunity has decreased for you over your working life.

It definitely makes me think twice before spending my $ again on nonessentials. I've been pretty lack on that lately and going on splurges due to increasing stress at work.

-Surgeon

Career or Girls?

Is there something in your current situation that is lacking? Would it be possible for you boost savings by curtailing expenses? Have you considered the cost of living (i.e., rent) in the proposed location? Do you have the opportunity to obtain a second citizenship where you currently are (how many more years do you need to put in)? Are you currently being paid in a currency that is relatively strong to the dollar? Can you pursue the same type of role in your current location?

Just some things worth considering, among others.

Career or Girls?

Stack cash, lift weights, do not get married, then watch what happens in your 30s.

For now:
[attachment=34124]

Career or Girls?

Quote: (10-25-2016 08:38 AM)dknightbro Wrote:  

Hi Roosh'rs,

First, I've been a long time lurker here and appreciate the wealth of information here that has helped my view of game and life.

I'm at a crossroads in my life between career vs. girls and I would like to hear input from fellow like-minded men.

I'm currently living in a foreign city I would consider poosy paradise for me. Have a stable job as an engineer, but work long hours. Enjoy the people I work with a lot so it makes passing the stressful times bearable.

I game hard 1 day a week on the weekends, but sometimes it can only be every other 2 weeks due to a loaded work schedule.

Now the thing is, I have a new job opportunity recently that allows me to be a sales engineer in California. I've heard good stuff about engineers transitioning to sales engineering being a good step forward as a career.

What would you guys choose in this situation? Leave poosy paradise or pursue a step forward in your career? Is Cali a good place to practice game? I may be near the Silicon Valley area and I've heard it's a terrible place for game. Am I focusing on the wrong things here?

First off, the title is a little misleading and nonspecific. It sounds like you're asking if you should choose a girl or the potential of an LTR over a career, which is woman shit—men are built to do both. Only women ask if they should choose careers or men, because they are not built to do both.

That's not your question though. Your question apparently is if you should pick 1) better career move over great location for pussy, or 2) pick great location for pussy over better career move.

That one is really on you. Doesn't sound like you're compromising too much of either no matter what. You might hear shit on California, but being real here, it's far and away better than many places in the US—and even in the world, if you're looking for casual sex.

But if you're in your own poosy paradise, try to think about how much of that you're giving up to come to the US versus how much better off you'll really be career-wise. And also factor in how long you think this place you're in will last.

A huge part of finding *the* poosy paradise is really finding *your* pussy paradise. That's why I think there's a certain level of game and sexual self-awareness you need before you really find one. So if you found one, that's a special thing. But if it won't last, you might as well get out now to adjust to other things or find an LTR.

Quote:PapayaTapper Wrote:
you seem to have a penchant for sticking your dick in high drama retarded trash.

Career or Girls?

As an older dude who has put career ahead of chasing women, I offer this advice:

What you really are saying is " should I take a lower quality of life for more money" ?

If I had my time again, I would choose a life filled with higher quality moments than a fat stack of cash.

Career or Girls?

Quote: (10-25-2016 10:00 AM)Alpha_Romeo Wrote:  

Is there something in your current situation that is lacking? Would it be possible for you boost savings by curtailing expenses? Have you considered the cost of living (i.e., rent) in the proposed location? Do you have the opportunity to obtain a second citizenship where you currently are (how many more years do you need to put in)? Are you currently being paid in a currency that is relatively strong to the dollar? Can you pursue the same type of role in your current location?

Just some things worth considering, among others.

I can actually return back to my poosy paradise whenever since I have the necessary papers so based on your questions, I guess I don't have too much to lose by trying the Cali adventure.

It's just that I kind of just started hitting the game hard for the past few months and started opening up the possibilities in my poosy paradise and this opportunity came. But logically viewed, I'm starting to see I don't have too much to lose by going to Cali.

-Surgeon

Career or Girls?

Quote: (10-25-2016 05:14 PM)MidJack Wrote:  

Stack cash, lift weights, do not get married, then watch what happens in your 30s.

For now:

I've been doing that save for some splurges here and there.

Red pill / Roosh V forums / etc. has kept me focused [Image: smile.gif]

-Surgeon

Career or Girls?

Quote: (10-25-2016 05:23 PM)Tex Wrote:  

Quote: (10-25-2016 08:38 AM)dknightbro Wrote:  

Hi Roosh'rs,

First off, the title is a little misleading and nonspecific. It sounds like you're asking if you should choose a girl or the potential of an LTR over a career, which is woman shit—men are built to do both. Only women ask if they should choose careers or men, because they are not built to do both.

That's not your question though. Your question apparently is if you should pick 1) better career move over great location for pussy, or 2) pick great location for pussy over better career move.

That one is really on you. Doesn't sound like you're compromising too much of either no matter what. You might hear shit on California, but being real here, it's far and away better than many places in the US—and even in the world, if you're looking for casual sex.

But if you're in your own poosy paradise, try to think about how much of that you're giving up to come to the US versus how much better off you'll really be career-wise. And also factor in how long you think this place you're in will last.

A huge part of finding *the* poosy paradise is really finding *your* pussy paradise. That's why I think there's a certain level of game and sexual self-awareness you need before you really find one. So if you found one, that's a special thing. But if it won't last, you might as well get out now to adjust to other things or find an LTR.

You got it right my man

Good to hear Cali is not as bad as I heard...maybe I'm being too cynical after reading too many Western female horror stories but I may get better results than I do now in Cali simply because my game is getting better and Cali is much better than other isolated states for game

My poosy paradise is definitely my own...have met other guys who beg to differ

Kinda funny since initially I didn't even want to be here as I was focused more on career than girls...and career potential here is kinda eh...I didn't even know I was in it until I started introspecting and analyzing my game

But like I said before, I could always return back so based on that fact and all the good feedback I received, I think going to Cali is a good option

-Surgeon

Career or Girls?

You need both. By all means make your career your priority but strike a balance. You only live once.

Also, don't neglect your social life, build your social circle now and reap the rewards in the years to come.

Some chances don't come round again, some do but the moment has passed.

Do what you want to do, just don't neglect other important areas of your life while doing it.

Career or Girls?

Hey mate, I've thought about this way too much and I think I've synthesised all the info around into a workable plan for MY 20s that suits what I want - it might not be what you want. I assume you're in your early 20s from how you write. Here is my 2 cents. I'm 21 so consider the lack of life experience when you read the below:

1) Life is very long and you can stack cash with increasing ability for DECADES. For this reason, the urgency comes off a little bit. Spending a few years in your 20s having fun doesn't sound so silly when you realise you have a long time to get rich - if you do want to get rich.

2) For most people, their 20s is the time they travel hard and party hard and adventure hard. You CAN do this later, but its easier and more fun when you are doing these activities with others in your own age group. Backpacking at 22 is different to backpacking at 32. When I have travelled, the older ones in the group either didn't fit in properly, were bored by our company since we were too immature, or were such crazy motherfuckers that they fit in perfectly - but I doubt we are such crazy motherfuckers. Ha.

3) You want to fuck a lot and have a crazy libido in your 20s. Would be such a shame to squander that, or be unsatisfied because you're too focused on making money.

4) For me, the conflict is more travel/money not girls/money. I think girls/money is a bit of a non-issue for me at least. You can go out once or twice a week or less wherever you are, whatever you do. You might need to be fresh for work, but if you're young anyway, you should be able to handle a few all nighters with minimal impact on work. Long term travel such as living in Ukraine/Brazil and meshing into the local culture, partying hard, and most importantly, learning the language is a serious distraction to making money though. I spent 6 months in Colombia, and became intermediate/advanced fluent in Spanish, and it completely changed my life for the better. My next goal is to spend about 3-6 months in Brazil to learn Portuguese, 6+ months in Ukraine to learn Russian, and then spend some more time in the rest of Latin America to solidify my Spanish. France is a possibility too.

This is a non-negotiable for MY 20s. Learning languages is important to me because I know it opens up other worlds of experiences just not possible when you are speaking English alone. This cannot be done later, in my view, since learning languages at the moment is extremely fucking easy since my young brain is plastic. Also having years to passively practice and improve those languages in my 20s while I'm grinding in Australia means that I will have been speaking these languages for years once I've made my money or want to travel again later.

5) Working like a dog is really really really really easy in your 20s. No responsibilities, no time commitments, tons of energy, tons of drive and motivation, very optimistic and less jaded. I doubt there is a better period in life to go hard making money than your 20s.

6) Compound interest/capital gains are an extremely big consideration if you do manage to squirrel away a sizable stack of cash in your 20s/early 30s. Time does the heavy lifting for you. This is hard to ignore.

7) Game first, money later, means you're doing game without money. Money first, game later, means you're doing game with money.

Hard to argue.

Most aren't willing to admit this.

Media cover up.

D-grade, applebees, brunch, soy crowd don't know this.

8) This discussion is BS anyway. You can do both.

I really feel that you can't neglect either at any point.

I did career to start, got confident at sales, then girls/travel for a bit, then for the past year I have been taking big steps in career and have learned mad skills which I can leverage into starting a successful business in my industry. But now I have cash, I want to do girls/travel again. Then when I get back, bite the bullet and commit years to building a business (1st priority) and meeting girls.

Up until now, I have fit quite a lot into my short adult life. I believe whatever you do, it's so important to go hard, get off the couch and give it your all.

I think I would regret inaction/laziness much more than pursuing girls/cash, getting it and then wishing I had gone for the other first.

All the best [Image: wink.gif]

Career or Girls?

Question I have is....what ARE your career goals?

If you're interested in the mid-management route sales might be good, but if you don't I do not see why you would take the job.

Also make sure that you're looking at bottom line income. How much do you actually have free to spend after your rent, taxes, and mandatory bills are paid off to include non discretionary items like car payments. I know a number of people who are extremely high earners (think 200-300k USD) in places like New York and don't save much. Rent, taxes, fancy clothes (more or less necessary to own a nice suit/shoes/tie in some jobs), late meals out, taxi fares, etc. eat it up.