rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Who here is 30s or older taking some sort of testosterone or growth hormone?

Just curious if you are and what type?

Nah, haven't felt the need to do something so un-natural yet.

I doubt it would be a good thing to do unless you have a medical issue.

I'm on injectable TRT + D3 as well as sermorelin. I literally tried every intervention short of this (except for ice baths) before going on shots.

"I'm not worried about fucking terrorism, man. I was married for two fucking years. What are they going to do, scare me?"

Yes, and no.

Might work, but at the moment my levels are OK so the consequences of bumping them up artificially aren't worth it yet.

Quote: (10-19-2016 07:19 PM)not_dead_yet Wrote:  

I'm on injectable TRT + D3 as well as sermorelin. I literally tried every intervention short of this (except for ice baths) before going on shots.

How often do you inject and also, what is the #1 reason you do it? Also, are you 30s, 40s, 50s?

What condition did you have that required an intervention? Was it just low T or something else?

Pussy ain't for pussies...

Before you went on TRT, what was your T levels if you dont mind me asking?

There's a lot of good info in the Testosterone Injections thread in Weightlifting and Fitness.

After talking with my urologist, T shots were the last thing I wanted to do. They tend to have a negative feedback, causing your body to produce less testosterone on its own. Plus, testosterone kills sperm counts (this was a concern for me.. making babies with the wife).

I was able to fix my issues via supplements, change in diet, weight loss, weight lifting, and cutting way back on the booze.

Check out info from people who have take D-aspartic acid and progesterone. They don't do anything for young guys, but some older guys have gotten a boost from them (me included).

I don't know what my levels are. I have to go back for a followup with the doc, but just haven't gotten around to doing it since my low T symptoms went away. My sperm count did go up about 230% with a increase in quality.

I've been on HRT for the last 6 months. 200 mg of Test Cyp since the beginning and in the last few months I've added 100 mg of Deca as well. I'm 32 and normal T levels were hovering in the low 500's. To get my levels around 300 I just saw a doctor and got my levels tested after moderately shutting my test production down using the SERM Ostarine. Keep in mind I live a healthy lifestyle, exercise (bjj, weightlifting), sleep well, and still had middling test levels. Knew my levels would only decline due to age and wanted more energy. Now on HRT my test levels hover around the 1100 to 1200 ng/dl range.

Positives:
-Noticeably increased energy levels
-Improved mood and sense of well being.
-Less mental fog
-Hornier and always have morning wood
-Feel more aggressive and assertive
-Stronger and have more endurance
-Joints feel better (mostly due to Deca)
-Have lost fat and gained muscle at the same time (body recomp)

Negatives:
-Have to inject the rest of my life if I want to keep high test levels
-Balls shrink
-Infertility
-Added expenses of the treatment

The balls being shut down and not being able to have kids at the moment doesn't bother me at all. Less chance of getting some girl pregnant and smaller balls makes my dick look bigger anyway. If I ever desire to have kids I'll just start taking HCG to get my boys going again. Not a big deal.

As for my injection routine I currently inject every 2 days. I started out injecting only once a week, but that understandably caused my hormone levels to fluctuate wildly. Then I started injecting twice a week which was much better, but every 2 days even with long ester Test Cyp has been best. Generally the more often you inject the more steady your test levels will be. This will help you avoid some of the worst side effects like high estrogen conversion, gaining water weight, and acne breakouts. I don't mind injecting at all, so in the future I'm even going to try experimenting with Test Prop and NPP (short ester deca) and injecting every night to more closely mimic natural production.

Quote: (10-19-2016 08:41 PM)Mr.GoodThread Wrote:  

How often do you inject and also, what is the #1 reason you do it? Also, are you 30s, 40s, 50s?

Sorry for the delay on this. I'll subscribe to this thread.

My physician wanted me to inject once a week, but I split my dose in half and take shots twice a week - Sunday and Thursday.

I'm in my early forties.

"I'm not worried about fucking terrorism, man. I was married for two fucking years. What are they going to do, scare me?"

Quote: (10-19-2016 08:54 PM)jselysianeagle Wrote:  

What condition did you have that required an intervention? Was it just low T or something else?

When I turned forty, I started having problems reaching orgasm, and sometimes maintaining a solid erection as long as I wanted to. I started lifting weights but my progress was about twice as slow as I would have expected. I also had recurring insomnia. I figured out that I was overtraining (and probably releasing cortisol) so I dialed back from SL 5x5 to GS 3x5 LP. Even so, I still wasn't performing where I was a few years ago.

I did a do it yourself T test and found that my levels were low for men my age. I tried working with my GP and an endocrinologist, but they insisted that my levels were within normal boundaries and there was nothing wrong with me.

I tried everything I could find before going with shots. Lifting heavy, ZMA, brazil nuts, keeping all my food in glass, nofap, cold showers (which I f------ hate), liquid D3 drops, and probably some other stuff I forget. If you ask, I will respond.

I ended up going with a local testosterone clinic. Great guy. The injectable testosterone and D3 has definitely improved my erection quality again, although my libido is still a little off. I'm also on sermorelin (HGH precursor) which is helping with my insomnia.

Quote: (10-20-2016 06:29 AM)klosck Wrote:  

Before you went on TRT, what was your T levels if you dont mind me asking?

Testosterone, Total (ng/dL): 419 (Normal Range = 249 to 836)
Testosterone (Free): 10.01 (Normal Range = 6.16 to 19.40)

Is that what you were looking for?

Nope. My last T measurement was 750, and I am just shy of my mid 40's. I fap regularly, have regular sex, and aside from getting a little depressed(mostly over women), my sex drive is very strong. Not sure if this is related but I have always been quick to temper, hot headed and dont really accept BS from people in general. So I usually speak my mind and love coming off like a giant dick when I feel like it. So its a blessing and a curse, but I think the drive or urge I have on a daily basis has gotten me to where I am in life.

Never used exogenous test. Never felt a need to but I'm planning on getting my T levels check with next round of blood panels.

This is purely anecdotal but I've noticed better, harder erections and bigger loads with a cup of organic pomegranate juice a day. Ymmv but these changes started for me after two day(cups). Only downside is it's got a lot of sugar, about 30-35 grams per 8 ounces.

Quote: (08-18-2016 12:05 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  
...and nothing quite surprises me anymore. If I looked out my showroom window and saw a fully-nude woman force-fucking an alligator with a strap-on while snorting xanex on the roof of her rental car with her three children locked inside with the windows rolled up, I wouldn't be entirely amazed.