rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Kratom being banned by feds!!!

I just received an email newsletter from my kratom vendor, checked the news & this is true!!!!!

The DEA is going to temporarily (up to 3 years!!!) classify Kratom as a Schedule 1 drug!

Please sign the white house petition & take whatever other steps you can to help fight this!

DEA is planning to make Kratom (Mitragyna) a Schedule I controlled substance next month - by end of September.

It will be in the same class as heroin and LSD - illegal compounds with absolutely no medical value or usefulness.

Right now, everyone NEEDS to sign the White House petition.
They HAVE to acknowledge our plight if it reaches 100,000 signatures -

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov//petiti...-substance

Please look to the American Kratom Association for new news and donations that may save Kratom -
http://www.americankratom.org

I'll sign the petition it if easy but there's no way in hell it does anything. At least it's not some limp-wristed faggot shit like most petitions.

Anyway on topic:

I used Kratom to end a 2 year (maybe 3) opiate addiction.

I started off on painkillers, got hooked. Switched to suboxone which has even worse withdrawals but was paid by insurance and wasn't as impairing (little to no high.)

Those things suck so after a few months I decided to quit. Suboxone withdrawal lasts close to two weeks which I don't have time for.

I had heard about people kicking opiates with Kratom (it also activates opioid receptors) so I bought a kilo or something. I switched from the suboxone to Kratom.

The transition was fairly smooth no major discomfort. I did the Kratom for a month or so and quit cold turkey. The withdrawal was a joke compares to painkillers or suboxone. I was sick for 4 days but nothing intolerable. Day 5 I was back at work.

All in all Kratom seems to be a miracle plant for managing opiate addiction. I might still be on suboxone without it, as it stands I haven't used an opiate since February.

Banning Kratom pisses me the fuck off and I honestly believe big pharma lobbied for this to keep people hooked on their soul killing bullshit.

If this means less ROK articles on Kratom then I am for the banning. Kratom always seemed sketchy to me.

Damn, Mike Chang is going to be out of a job.

If you're not fucking her, someone else is.

Does Kratom expire, or how long does Kratom stay good for? Like for instance if you ordered some from a certain ROK-approved place last year and forgot you had it until now. Or if you wanted to stock up on it now...

The Kratom guide on Good Looking Loser has disappeared also, I'm not sure if this is somehow related or maybe something to do with the new product GLL and B&D are releasing which has somewhat similar effects.

I had purchased the Happy Hippo Herbal starter pack but had a bad nausea experience the first few times and have been sitting on it since.

I was going to give it another go but now considering this I will probably just leave it be.

“It is far better for a man to go wrong in freedom than to go right in chains.” Thomas Henry Huxley

The Drum & Bass Music Thread
The Dubstep Music Thread

Quote: (08-31-2016 02:48 PM)DamienCasanova Wrote:  

Does Kratom expire, or how long does Kratom stay good for? Like for instance if you ordered some from a certain ROK-approved place last year and forgot you had it until now. Or if you wanted to stock up on it now...

I've read that it doesn't really expire / go bad as long as you keep it in relatively cool, stable conditions, such as in your fridge / freezer, or in a cool, dark cupboard.

Quote: (08-31-2016 03:04 PM)UlteriorMotive Wrote:  

The Kratom guide on Good Looking Loser has disappeared also, I'm not sure if this is somehow related or maybe something to do with the new product GLL and B&D are releasing which has somewhat similar effects.

I had purchased the Happy Hippo Herbal starter pack but had a bad nausea experience the first few times and have been sitting on it since.

I was going to give it another go but now considering this I will probably just leave it be.

What's this new product you speak of?

Crazy they pulled their guide...glad I saved it to EverNote!

How much Kratom did you take your first time? My wife also got sick when she tried some, and looking back, we probably gave her way too much. I don't recall how much we started her with, but was probably the recommended dose of about 1/2 tsp. She does tend to have an ultra-sensitive system, though.

If I were you, or any other noob to it, I'd start with 1/4 tsp., wait an hour, see how you feel.

Quote: (08-31-2016 03:09 PM)DrJones Wrote:  

Quote: (08-31-2016 03:04 PM)UlteriorMotive Wrote:  

What's this new product you speak of?

Crazy they pulled their guide...glad I saved it to EverNote!

How much Kratom did you take your first time? My wife also got sick when she tried some, and looking back, we probably gave her way too much. I don't recall how much we started her with, but was probably the recommended dose of about 1/2 tsp. She does tend to have an ultra-sensitive system, though.

If I were you, or any other noob to it, I'd start with 1/4 tsp., wait an hour, see how you feel.

It's called Red Monkey, I heard him mention it in one of his recent videos on YouTube.

Direct link to more info (http://www.goodlookingloser.com/get-enha...key-review)
//
I followed the GLL Guide, at first I took 2g on an empty stomach and waited an hour and a half with no effects and then topped up 0.5g every half an hour - 45 minutes with no effect. I tried this with all 5 strains I was given and experienced nausea with all of them.

I put it down to me being one of the few people that it does not work well with.

Edit:

It appears the Red Monkey link is displaying a Error 400 even though it is the top post on the GLL website.

“It is far better for a man to go wrong in freedom than to go right in chains.” Thomas Henry Huxley

The Drum & Bass Music Thread
The Dubstep Music Thread

Ah, yeah, I heard of that stuff...will be interested to give it a shot.
Too bad Kratom doesn't work for you, it's awesome stuff for me!

I'm going to miss the running gag involving Kratom on ROK.

I didn't even know what kratom was until today, but seriously, fuck the DEA.

[Image: 3e3.jpg]

Just a few more steps toward "that which is not required is prohibited".

Seemed like Khat for pussies anyway

There goes the ROK comment section. Nothing left to talk about.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

I signed the petition.

I've been buying moderate and slow strain stuff from Happy Hippo on and off for a year now. I love it. This is fucking bullshit.

If you haven't signed it yet, do it NOW.

@Ulteriormotive The red supplements site is still up if that's what you were referring to.

The Peru Thread
"Feminists exist in a quantum super-state in which they are both simultaneously the victim and the aggressor." - Milo Yiannopoulos

Quote: (08-31-2016 05:24 PM)RexImperator Wrote:  

There goes the ROK comment section. Nothing left to talk about.

There will always be something to talk about, as long as there someone desperate enough that wants to sell his product through RoK.

Man, that's wack!

Gave me a killer headache day after but works well for others. Fuck the feds, let people decide for themselves. Signed and bumped.

The US constitution is missing about 20 amendments to the bill of rights.
"Regulate will be understood to mean its original English definition of: to keep regular. At no point will this be interpreted to include the power to prohibit. "
"At no point will the definitions of words be reinterpreted to be something other than what they meant and were understood to mean at the time they were written down".

Or if that's not enough to stop the cunts:
"Congress shall pass no law prohibiting the personal purchase and consumption of any product or service whatsoever".
"A federal judge may be removed upon application of 2/3rds of the State legislators".

Or just delete the 17th amendment.

10th amendment covers all this shit, it's just ignored. The commerce clause has been used as the excuse for just about everything the federal government does.

People poo poo the slippery slope argument, which I find amazing because it is always proved true. Give the fuckers an inch and they won't stop until they have the whole mile, even if it takes 150 years to get there. So now we have a bunch of unelected officials deciding what is legal and what isn't, with the power to throw people in prison for decades. I don't have an immediate citation here, but my understanding is new regulations every year absolutely dwarf new laws in terms of pages used. It barely matters who's in office. The regulators run the country, and the elected officials never do a damn thing to rein them in.

I'm heartened that Trump brought up adding sunset provisions to laws. In my opinion every fucking law on the books, including laws against murder and other such malum in se acts, should have a ~5 year sunset provision. Every one. Otherwise, it's completely fucking obvious that we'll just end up with ever more laws and regulations because it is clearly not in the nature of politicians to ever fucking repeal anything. Sunset provisions will keep the dipshits busy reinstating the same laws over and over, and only the truly important ones will stick.

Our system of government is irreparably broken. Even if the USSC wanted to uphold the Constitution, the legislature would simply do the legal equivalent of a Gish Gallop. Congress is pretty goddamn slow, but Congress is still orders of magnitude faster than the Supreme Court.

The American people need to wake the fuck up and start holding their employees--elected officials--accountable. And I mean hold them accountable with fucking tar and feathers. I'm not holding my breath on that, though. Not until we start winning some more battles in the culture war.

Quote: (09-01-2016 12:19 AM)weambulance Wrote:  

I'm heartened that Trump brought up adding sunset provisions to laws. In my opinion every fucking law on the books, including laws against murder and other such malum in se acts, should have a ~5 year sunset provision. Every one. Otherwise, it's completely fucking obvious that we'll just end up with ever more laws and regulations because it is clearly not in the nature of politicians to ever fucking repeal anything. Sunset provisions will keep the dipshits busy reinstating the same laws over and over, and only the truly important ones will stick.

Hell yeah man. Do you have a link to the Trump sunset quote? I'm not finding anything. I've been saying this for years, every politician wants to pass their own stupid laws to make their mark, nobody every votes to take a law away. This proposal alone should net Trump half the Gary Johnson voters. Best idea ever.

^

It wasn't a general proposal, he said they should add sunset provisions to the visa laws in the rally speech he made tonight, so the laws would have to be continuously updated. But it's the first time I've ever heard a major party politician even bring the concept up.

Edit - the Phoenix rally, I mean.

I just ordered some. I've never tried it. I was living in WI the past few years and kratom is banned there. Now I'm in CO so I figured I might as well try it before it's banned.

If I end up liking it I'll order a big batch before the end of the month.

I just signed the petition; I don't want the Feds to use Kratom as practice to ban other supplements I personally use.

What a retarted law.

So for the businesses who get their 'meat and potatoes' from Kratom what the fuck are they supposed to do now? It's only going to make illegal drug dealers richer and create a black market.

I have never used Kratom in my life but this just sounds like another one of those senseless and cruel acts that drives me through the roof when I hear it.