rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How much importance do you place on your car?

Apologies if a similar thread exists already, I've done a couple of searches and can't find one. I've started this thread to gauge the importance forum members place on having a nice set of wheels. This isn't really aimed at guys who are location independent as it's obvious why having a car isn't necessary or practical with this kind of lifestyle, it's aimed at those who need and want a car in their lives.

If like me you live close to a city centre the benefits of having a car are less than if you live in the suburbs or in the country - driving around the city can be impractical due to traffic, parking restrictions etc. Also public transport is generally cheap and pretty good.

I know a lot of guys see a nice car as an unnecessary expense and as a depreciating asset, and would rather save or invest their money. This is a view I've pretty much always held myself, I've never really been a car guy.

However since joining the forum I've come to realise the importance of being congruent, and one thing that isn't really congruent with who I am and the image I try to project is a shitty set of wheels. I have a nice apartment, a good job, I'm in shape and my style is much better and more consistent than it used to be. But my car is old and cheap, I generally only use it at weekends, on the odd night during the week, or when doing something with a chick, having an old car doesn't really bother me but I've come to realise that it's not congruent with me or my life.

I'm in my late 30's and I've never really splashed out on a good car, I think it's maybe time I did just that. I would just go and buy one but the other consideration I have is that I am pretty certain I would like to start a business (real world not online) or buy a franchise in the next year or so and this is being factored into my decision making.

Like your house or the clothes you wear your car is a visual extension of you, and in a woman's eyes rightly or wrongly can help define your overall level of value, most chicks will see a shit car and think either you don't have much money or you're cheap. I personally think having a nice pad, nice clothes and good game are more important but I would like to hear what you guys think.

How much importance you place on the car you drive? Do you think it should be a reflection of the value you see in yourself as a man?

I'll be straight up and say that I am now at a stage in my life where I would like to try and meet a good woman for the long term (which means aiming for quality and doing things over and beyond getting them in the sack). I'm also not interested in being location independent or moving abroad.

OP I guess you have to take the following into consideration:

Where do you live? What are the cost to buy and maintain a car where you live? Do you have good credit? What do you value?

If you live in London, then having a car is not a big deal. It would be more like having a toy. In some places like singapore, BMWs cost 100K+ USD; while in the US you can get a new 7-Series for the same price.

At the same time, do you want to remain sane? If you do, buy a second car if you a European one because the repairs on it are insane. Also, don't forget to sell them after the warranty goes out and get another one. Let a beta buck pay for the VANOS or ABC suspension repair. If you want reliability then go with a Toyota.. Those bangers can do 200K miles with minimal maintenance. Also, Japanese cars don't depreciate as fast.

If you have good credit, then getting a luxury car is not much of a problem with these low interest rates. If you have bad credit, try going with a Honda/Toyota.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Fortunately women don't really know much about cars and you can pick something up relatively cheap that looks expensive.

I had the same view on cars as you but I grew tired of driving something that I believed did not suit my overall image + I wanted something with the added luxuries like leather seats / etc.

Although depending on how far into the city you live I might recommend just keeping what you have.

You can pick up something like this (2006 BMW 3-Series) for around 2-3K used with Full Service History and decent mileage for the age on AutoTrader/Gumtree.

[Image: Used_Bmw_3_series_2006_Blue_Saloon_Diese...olk_UK.jpg]

“It is far better for a man to go wrong in freedom than to go right in chains.” Thomas Henry Huxley

The Drum & Bass Music Thread
The Dubstep Music Thread

None.

A car doesn't appreciably add to your happiness unless you either need a specific functionality(like 4WD, seats for a large family) or you are rich enough that you can afford a car that is a lot of fun to drive. Most of the other luxuries associated with cars like leather seats, speed, seat warmers, and the like can be had without spending 100k USD

In any of those circumstances you either aren't buying it for consideration or you have enough money to not care what the cost is. If it's for a status symbol a car is about the worst status symbol to buy because you will not be socializing in any kind of expensive car. High end clothes are a better way to do that.

I am somewhat more keen on recreational vehicles. For a fraction of the price that any fancy car costs you can buy yourself a fantastic motorcycle, RV, or such and you will get much more enjoyment than the car could ever give you.

Airplanes are a whole other discussion.

As long as it gets me from point A to point B, not much.

“As long as you are going to be thinking anyway, think big.” - Donald J. Trump

"I don't get all the women I want, I get all the women who want me." - David Lee Roth

Quote: (08-21-2016 01:01 PM)Lagavulin Wrote:  

I know a lot of guys see a nice car as an unnecessary expense and as a depreciating asset, and would rather save or invest their money. This is a view I've pretty much always held myself, I've never really been a car guy.

However since joining the forum I've come to realise the importance of being congruent, and one thing that isn't really congruent with who I am and the image I try to project is a shitty set of wheels. I have a nice apartment, a good job, I'm in shape and my style is much better and more consistent than it used to be. But my car is old and cheap, I generally only use it at weekends....snip
I'm in my late 30's and I've never really splashed out on a good car, I think it's maybe time I did just that....snip

Like your house or the clothes you wear your car is a visual extension of you, and in a woman's eyes rightly or wrongly can help define your overall level of value, most chicks will see a shit car and think either you don't have much money or you're cheapsnip...

Quote:Quote:

How much importance you place on the car you drive? Do you think it should be a reflection of the value you see in yourself as a man?

A car is a tool, a mean of conveyance to get your point A to point B. I pay enough to keep mine running efficiently. I bought mine because I was tired of mingling with the hoi polloi in mass transit.

The rich Corinthian leather seat isn't going get the gina tingling for you. Why do you want drop coin on an expense car when you admit you only use it two days out of the week? Your reasoning is nearly 100% emotional( you want to show to others that you've "arrived" and have your shit together instead for practical purposes). I would never do that but if you got the money for it they why not?

Quote: (08-18-2016 12:05 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  
...and nothing quite surprises me anymore. If I looked out my showroom window and saw a fully-nude woman force-fucking an alligator with a strap-on while snorting xanex on the roof of her rental car with her three children locked inside with the windows rolled up, I wouldn't be entirely amazed.

Here is my thoughts for what it's worth. Some people will find it wrong and it might be wrong, but it's what life has taught me and I believe it and i doubt anyone will change my mind.

The PUA mentality for a long time has been:

1. Acquire money
2. Acquire shinny things
3. Acquire beautiful women

Unfortunately life doesn't work that way. Attraction will always win over money. I've beaten out countless guys who have had plenty of money and shinny things and I have zero money to my name.

You take that 20k+ you would spend on a new car and spend it on increasing your attraction.

The options are limitless: testosterone, gym membership, trainer, meal plans, botox injections, sleeve tattoos, teeth whiting, invisalign, tailored clothes, skin care, etc. Do anything you can do to make yourself more attractive.

If cars are your hobby, that's a different story, then by all means, buy a car or motorcycle you enjoy but it sounds like you're only buying a car because of the image it gives you, so it's not the car that's going to make you happy, it's the image you think you will acquire by having a nice car. And there is a separation between real life and what the media tries to sell you. What PUA call DHV is highly highly exaggerated unless you break it down to a mentality and not concrete material things.

To a woman, a hot a guy walking down the street is a hot guy walking down the street. A fat ass driving a Maserati is still a fat ass driving a Maserati. A woman doesn't know the difference between a Lexus IS, RX, LS, or GS. And man a doesn't know the difference between a Coach purse and Louie Vatton purse, nor does he give a shit.

If cars alone got you laid or brought you highly attractive women, there would be thousands of guys who would be very happy roaring their engine down a busy bar avenue street at 2 am. But instead everyone laughs at them, because they're the laughing stock of the night.

I've driven the same car for the past 15 years and I've never missed out on a bang because of it and I've never had to make one payment on it. And the biggest natural player with the hottest women that I ever met in my life worked at GNC making minimal wage and drove a 1982 Ford Bronco to work --and it had to be jumped everyday.

Now, I'm not recommending you go out a buy a Dodge Neon, but buy something reliable and spend the extra money on making yourself more attractive. The truth is, you're not going to get laid more or find a hotter woman for a LTR by buying your luxury car, and if you do happen to find a woman who likes you more because of that, why would you want to be with her anyway?

Quote: (08-21-2016 01:17 PM)Cattle Rustler Wrote:  

OP I guess you have to take the following into consideration:

Where do you live? What are the cost to buy and maintain a car where you live? Do you have good credit? What do you value?

If you live in London, then having a car is not a big deal. It would be more like having a toy. In some places like singapore, BMWs cost 100K+ USD; while in the US you can get a new 7-Series for the same price.

At the same time, do you want to remain sane? If you do, buy a second car if you a European one because the repairs on it are insane. Also, don't forget to sell them after the warranty goes out and get another one. Let a beta buck pay for the VANOS or ABC suspension repair. If you want reliability then go with a Toyota.. Those bangers can do 200K miles with minimal maintenance. Also, Japanese cars don't depreciate as fast.

If you have good credit, then getting a luxury car is not much of a problem with these low interest rates. If you have bad credit, try going with a Honda/Toyota.

@ CR - I live a bit further North than London and although I live in the city I use my car fairly regularly, I just wouldn't be putting lots of miles on it. I do have good credit.

I'd be looking at something 2-4 years old, either German or Japanese.

Quote: (08-21-2016 02:12 PM)UlteriorMotive Wrote:  

Fortunately women don't really know much about cars and you can pick something up relatively cheap that looks expensive.

I had the same view on cars as you but I grew tired of driving something that I believed did not suit my overall image + I wanted something with the added luxuries like leather seats / etc.

Although depending on how far into the city you live I might recommend just keeping what you have.

You can pick up something like this (2006 BMW 3-Series) for around 2-3K used with Full Service History and decent mileage for the age on AutoTrader/Gumtree.

[Image: Used_Bmw_3_series_2006_Blue_Saloon_Diese...olk_UK.jpg]

@ UM - This is a helpful post. I was thinking about spending a bit more than that but your advice is sound, something like this would be a pretty good compromise. Your thoughts on this are in line with my own.

Quote: (08-21-2016 02:44 PM)Easy_C Wrote:  

None.

A car doesn't appreciably add to your happiness unless you either need a specific functionality(like 4WD, seats for a large family) or you are rich enough that you can afford a car that is a lot of fun to drive. Most of the other luxuries associated with cars like leather seats, speed, seat warmers, and the like can be had without spending 100k USD

In any of those circumstances you either aren't buying it for consideration or you have enough money to not care what the cost is. If it's for a status symbol a car is about the worst status symbol to buy because you will not be socializing in any kind of expensive car. High end clothes are a better way to do that.

I am somewhat more keen on recreational vehicles. For a fraction of the price that any fancy car costs you can buy yourself a fantastic motorcycle, RV, or such and you will get much more enjoyment than the car could ever give you.

Airplanes are a whole other discussion.

@ EC - I appreciate your post but I think your perspective is very black and white. You only live once, and whilst I agree it would be silly to spend a huge amount on a car do you really want to drive a banger your whole life?

I didn't say I was looking for a status symbol and I don't think my post suggests that. As Ulterior Motive puts it I'm thinking about something more in keeping with my image. I wouldn't be spending anywhere near 100k USD.

I had a motorbike when I was in my twenties, I spend my free time doing other things now, it would sit about unused. An RV / caravan isn't a bad call but it would also sit unused, that's a family mobile.

Quote: (08-21-2016 03:55 PM)Goldin Boy Wrote:  

A car is a tool, a mean of conveyance to get your point A to point B. I pay enough to keep mine running efficiently. I bought mine because I was tired of mingling with the hoi polloi in mass transit.

The rich Corinthian leather seat isn't going get the gina tingling for you. Why do you want drop coin on an expense car when you admit you only use it two days out of the week? Your reasoning is nearly 100% emotional( you want to show to others that you've "arrived" and have your shit together instead for practical purposes). I would never do that but if you got the money for it they why not?

@ GB - in simple terms yes a car is a means of conveyance from point A to B but I think there's a bit more to it that that in this day and age. Using your logic clothes are only a means of covering your naked body and keeping warm, however that's not really the case is it?

I do also use my car during the week after work to get to the gym, supermarket, visiting friends etc, however I'm only truly reliant on it at weekends.

My current perspective is that I'm approaching 40, I've worked hard all my life and I've never bought a nice car because my attitude towards cars has been similar to your own.

I'm not interested in showing anyone I've "arrived", I don't let myself get bogged down in that kind of thinking, and those that know me know I've got my shit together. I just genuinely wonder if this frugal approach to my wheels is serving me well and think it would be nice to drive a nicer car.

Quote: (08-21-2016 04:28 PM)LINUX Wrote:  

Here is my thoughts for what it's worth. Some people will find it wrong and it might be wrong, but it's what life has taught me and I believe it and i doubt anyone will change my mind.

The PUA mentality for a long time has been:

1. Acquire money
2. Acquire shinny things
3. Acquire beautiful women

Unfortunately life doesn't work that way. Attraction will always win over money. I've beaten out countless guys who have had plenty of money and shinny things and I have zero money to my name.

You take that 20k+ you would spend on a new car and spend it on increasing your attraction.

The options are limitless: testosterone, gym membership, trainer, meal plans, botox injections, sleeve tattoos, teeth whiting, invisalign, tailored clothes, skin care, etc. Do anything you can do to make yourself more attractive.

If cars are your hobby, that's a different story, then by all means, buy a car or motorcycle you enjoy but it sounds like you're only buying a car because of the image it gives you, so it's not the car that's going to make you happy, it's the image you think you will acquire by having a nice car. And there is a separation between real life and what the media tries to sell you. What PUA call DHV is highly highly exaggerated unless you break it down to a mentality and not concrete material things.

To a woman, a hot a guy walking down the street is a hot guy walking down the street. A fat ass driving a Maserati is still a fat ass driving a Maserati. A woman doesn't know the difference between a Lexus IS, RX, LS, or GS. And man a doesn't know the difference between a Coach purse and Louie Vatton purse, nor does he give a shit.

If cars alone got you laid or brought you highly attractive women, there would be thousands of guys who would be very happy roaring their engine down a busy bar avenue street at 2 am. But instead everyone laughs at them, because they're the laughing stock of the night.

I've driven the same car for the past 15 years and I've never missed out on a bang because of it and I've never had to make one payment on it. And the biggest natural player with the hottest women that I ever met in my life worked at GNC making minimal wage and drove a 1982 Ford Bronco to work --and it had to be jumped everyday.

Now, I'm not recommending you go out a buy a Dodge Neon, but buy something reliable and spend the extra money on making yourself more attractive. The truth is, you're not going to get laid more or find a hotter woman for a LTR by buying your luxury car, and if you do happen to find a woman who likes you more because of that, why would you want to be with her anyway?

Great post! +1

My car is shitty. I want a better one because I'm a lot more conscious of my image than I used to be and I feel I've earned it, but what you say makes complete sense.

I'll take the Ulterior Motive approach and look for something that looks nice but won't be a financial burden.

The UlteriorMotive approach is good.

Girls don't really notice most cars, often when I walk with a girl they don't even recognize a Lamborghini. They also don't recognize or appreciate BMW M3, M5, or Mercedes AMG cars (which are fun to drive) more than their normal engine counterparts.

Maybe they recognize a nice BMW 3-series as being an expensive car that is not too much of a financial burden.

When I drive in a Range Rover I see girls eying me, though, they for sure recognize a Range Rover.

My bet is that if you have a nice convertible or SUV (that both can be affordable) they look much more special to girls than those cars actually are.

Girls like sedans and suvs with nice leather backseats.

Quote: (08-21-2016 03:23 PM)Mr. D Wrote:  

My '99 Avalon is now over 300k miles. Solid as an anvil. Has asked for nothing but consumables.

Still gets 29 MPG. Quiet as a church, cold A/C, cruise, and a nice sound system.

Questions?

Лучше поздно, чем никогда

...life begins at "70% Warning Level."....

Regardless of what girls think of your car I bet the average person in North America spends 1-2 hours per day in their car and lets face it, sitting in traffic fucking sucks, so if your car is half decent it makes that time a little more bearable.

Total waste of money.

I was with a friend at a chain restaurant recently. He had a new 70kish Mercedes. He said to me in a somewhat braggish tone. I've got the nicest car in the parking lot to give the sense that he felt he had made it. My response to him was who do you think is the poorest person in the parking lot. He said probably me.

Read this article:

https://www.nytimes.com/books/first/s/st...naire.html

I'm sure the more extreme cars may be an opener or give you an edge i.e. a Ferrari, Lambo etc. But you would get opened way more if you spend the 100k+ on your appearance, clothing, going out etc.

A new Mercedes or BMW just screams to me guy who makes 30-100k a year and wants people to think he has made it when really he's swamped in debt.

Another option is to go for a classic car. I drive a 1987 Mercedes 300SDL. Paid $1800 for it and it has been very reliable plus it gets 25 MPG. Maintenance runs $2K-$3K/year, which isn't a lot more than a more modern car and parts are still available. While I'm just using it as basic transportation, I could put another $10K into it for a full restoration and have a really classy ride. There are lots of 80s vintage Benzes out there.

Another option is to look at sports cars. Pick up a 30 year old Porche and do a full restoration on it. Or you could go with a classic BMW if you want to be a classic asshole.

Depending on where you live your choice of car can say a lot about you and what kind of person you are. A Prius with a "COEXIST" sticker, for example, can say something differently than say a Ford F450.

Me I just pick whatever works. If you need one get one. if you dont then dont.

Now a motorcycle OOTO is a personal experience.

You already know my real answer.

If you must by a car with the intent on impressing the ladies, don't buy the typical
- European/Japanese luxury coupe/sedan
- Affordable sports car
- Diplomat Grade SUV
- Grocery Getter pretending to be a Work Truck

Chicks aren't getting wet over something like this

[Image: nissan-gt-r-pics-9349.jpg]

or this

[Image: bmw-5-series-vs-rivals-group-bmw-5-serie...k=_I82nMTk]

If she's of sufficient attractiveness, the S-Class guys are already trying to play the "choosy provider" game.

You need something with personality, that draws attention, that she can tell her friends about.

"OMG Girl, you can't believe what he picked me up in"

Something like this

[Image: Lowrider+for+sale+1.jpg]

Or this

[Image: 1961_Lincoln_Continental_Convertible_For...resize.jpg]

And these sorts of cars don't make sense to own if you can't show them off.

A better move is getting a motorcycle - you'll get more bangs for your buck - because now you're not just some office guy - you're a biker.

That's a more attractive tribe/stereotype than middle management/finance guy with good credit and a great lease on a Lexus.

WIA

If you need your car to get a bang, your game sucks.

Лучше поздно, чем никогда

...life begins at "70% Warning Level."....

I grew up in a huge car family so I'm slightly biased. I'm not really into aesthetics and shiny things though. I like loud V8s. My daily driver is a rusty piece of shit and girls have never cared. My current girl thinks it's endearing and we have a name for the car.

My dream is to have a car like this on an aftermarket chassis with a new school drivetrain. I wouldn't even touch the body because I hate body work and fretting over little imperfections in the exterior. It would be kind of a sleeper that way. People would look at it and never guess it had 500+ horsepower.
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=30014&d=1420494558]

Quote: (08-21-2016 05:34 PM)LeeEnfield303 Wrote:  

Quote: (08-21-2016 03:23 PM)Mr. D Wrote:  

My '99 Avalon is now over 300k miles. Solid as an anvil. Has asked for nothing but consumables.

Still gets 29 MPG. Quiet as a church, cold A/C, cruise, and a nice sound system.

Questions?

In that case I recommend replacing the timing belt and water pump ASAP.

Women buy brand name shoes and purses to impress other women not us. I drive classy, good-looking, European sedans because I care about what I drive in, not neccessarily to impress anyone. In some professions an expensive vehicle is an essential accoutrement. Just added a 03 Saab Convertible with 90K to the stable, picked it up at auction for only $1200 US.

Quote: (08-21-2016 10:55 PM)AboveAverageJoe Wrote:  

Women buy brand name shoes and purses to impress other women not us. I drive classy, good-looking, European sedans because I care about what I drive in, not neccessarily to impress anyone. In some professions an expensive vehicle is an essential accoutrement. Just added a 03 Saab Convertible with 90K to the stable, picked it up at auction for only $1200 US.

There are very very few industries where this is important.

1) Some sort of celebrity / fame.

2) Sales (and that's pretty iffy) - This would include investment managers, hedge fund owners etc.

The people who usually think they need a nice car for their business that I know are:

1) Lawyers - In big law no client is going to have a clue what you drive as an associate nor will they care. As a sole practicioner, you are probably parking in a parking lot if you share office space or a garage if you have a home office. I.e. client won't know and it's not as though you drive your clients to the court house.

2) Bankers - Most bankers would have hardily if any client meetings.

3) Doctors / Dentists - How am I ever going to know what they drive when I show up at an office building with many cars parked.

4) Corporate people - This is the funniest one of all. Most corporate people aside from sales aren't going to clients doors. Most of them sit in a cubicle all day. Your boss knows what you get paid. When you make 60k a year and your higher ups see you in a 50k car that screams bad allocation of money. How do you think that looks to the people who actually allocate the money and make the big decisions when they consider you for those roles...i.e. you appear to be bad with your personal money...they may very well assume you'll be bad with the company's money.

Quote: (08-21-2016 01:01 PM)Lagavulin Wrote:  

Apologies if a similar thread exists already, I've done a couple of searches and can't find one. I've started this thread to gauge the importance forum members place on having a nice set of wheels. This isn't really aimed at guys who are location independent as it's obvious why having a car isn't necessary or practical with this kind of lifestyle, it's aimed at those who need and want a car in their lives.

If you can't create sufficient attraction before the girl ever sees your car, you've lost.

Remember that high school boys and college guys get laid in the broom closet, back of their Kia Rio, and in the local park. You can discount them, but that's with the youngest and the hottest women.

Your car should not be for women, it should be for what you want out of it.

I drank a beer earlier and hosed off my shitty car that was under about 5 layers of dirt. Not really what I want, but sometimes you slip on a few things in life.

A few hours before that I was riding around with my girl on some wheels from the 90s (well maintained bicycle) while she followed me. We were headed to some nice breakfast and then some other friends joined us. They wanted to drink and I wanted to enjoy the fresh air so we rode over to the beach and soaked up some rays with some other friends while watching barely legal women in bikinis play high-level beach volleyball. Then we biked home, showered, and spent a couple hours in bed getting dirty again.

I walked her in my $10 sandals to her "current year" car (that she's making payments on) and then met up with a buddy for a pre-sunset drink before meeting up with another friend to watch the actual sunset then heading out to a friend's house in a not that desireable area of town and we all feasted on freshly caught fish, gathering around the bbq to share stories, some wine, laughs, and dessert.

The out of towner who was visiting was giving me the eyes, but I'm sure it's because she thought I was driving the luxury sedan not the grocery getter behind it...not my physique, my confidence, my skill in the kitchen or the fact that I knew and/or got love from everyone there.

If the old car isn't really your choice then choose something different, but if it doesn't bother you and you change that for other people, now THAT isn't congruent.

Read My Old Blog - Subscribe To My Old Blog
Top Posts - Fake Rape? - Sex With A Tranny? - Rich MILF - What is a 9?

"Failure is just practice for success"

I'm a car guy and there are only 2 types of cars that girls pay attention to.

1, (most common) Rich Guy Car: The car is a direct display of wealth. Guy doesn't own the car but it's part of his salary.

2, Unique, "Built Not Bought" car (probably old but fully sick ride). Guy has probably spent some time making it. Girl knows it's not owned by a company and therefore feels the guy has soul. When she sees him in this car she has flashbacks of all the chick movies shes seen where the guys are working on old cars with their dads and shit.

I have one of each and I want to burn both of them.

In my prime I did most of my gaming on bike, foot or bus anyway. Not having a car actually gives you many more chances to interact with women. I have literally met women, put them on the handlebars of my bike, and rode them home and fucked them. Not having a car in a place like Texas will seriously limit your logistics and ability to sleep with females. All things being equal a chick will prefer a man to do the driving. So if you live 30 minutes away by car (which you dont have) and another paramour has a car or lives closer, guess who gets the bang. Not all logistics are able to be overcame and driving distance is one if not the biggest obstacle in many places. A lot of it is in the mind. I live 30 minutes outside of a big city (all freeway, rarely traffic) and when I tell people in the capitol where I live the act as if it is in another state, whereas they wouldnt think twice about sitting in traffic for 30 minutes going nowhere on their daily commute.