rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Guardian Newspaper Calls For Judge-Only "Rape" Trials

The column in question was actually penned by radical feminist Julie Bindel, but we all know The Guardian uses guests columnists to put forward its own ideology.

Strangely enough, remember to remind yourself that this is the same Julie Bindel who wasn't SJW enough for Manchester University and other tertiary institutions. She was banned from MU, like Milo Yiannopoulos. The fact that this SJW was rejected as a SJW by other SJWs for her views on transgender people, only to then write this article on getting rid of juries for rape trials, demonstrates how even those branded as 'too moderate' leftists are anathema to a healthy society. What even worse forms of leftist totalitarianism would MU's leading SJWs argue for if they get their hands on a mainstream newspaper column?

A few points after reading Bindel's excremental opinion piece:
  • The evidence put forward in rape trials is lackluster, to say the least. I have repeated this ad nauseam in my articles: it's invariably he-said-she-said. Even when the woman comes forward before a week has passed since the 'rape,' there is typically next to no legitimate basis for a conviction beyond reasonable doubt.
  • Because of the point above, courts have already lowered the evidentiary bar. The Brian Banks threshold for a rape conviction, the woman's testimony, is commonly used to convict men of rape and sexual assault. Whatever you might think of a character like the convicted child sex offender Rolf Harris, for example, there is no way that mere testimonies could convict a man of a robbery or murder 30 years after the alleged incident in the same way Harris was convicted in the UK for his purported acts.
  • Legislated anonymity for rape accusers, or the media's complete unwillingness to vet their stories, consistently shifts opprobrium onto the perpetually named accused, well before they are even charged. Irrespective of any court decision 'convicting' them, their lives are most often ruined. Short of a prison term, men only accused of rape (without being charged) or found not guilty of rape face all the consequences of having a sex offender status.
  • Prosecutors are currently bending over backwards to increase rape prosecutions. This focus is more salient now, but I would suggest efforts at white-knighting and kowtowing to calls of rape without evidence have been going on for decades. And look what happens: particularly in well-publicized UK cases, men are drafted into the dock when even something like CCTV evidence proves they should not be there. The hounding of Mark Pearson by the British CPS after old witch and actress Souad Faress falsely accused him of a 0.000001 millisecond digital rape as he walked past her comes to mind.
  • Bindel points to 16,000 'rapes' being recorded by police in England and Wales in 2013-14. Aside from the bad terminology and record-keeping (i.e. reported, usually insufficiently investigated and vetted allegation of rape = rape), 16,000 reported 'rapes' across a female population of ca. 30,000,000 means the victimization rate (assuming all reports were true, which is codswallop) is around 0.05%.

Born Down Under, but I enjoy Slovakian Thunder: http://slovakia.travel/en/nove-zamky

Quote:Quote:

Almost a decade ago I wrote that rape might as well be legal. I feel the same way today. In 2013-14 in England and Wales, about 16,000 rapes were recorded by police, but only a third of these cases were sent to the Crown Prosecution Service. Approximately 15% of the recorded offences resulted in a charge. The actual attrition rate – meaning from reporting to conviction – is estimated at about 6%.

One potential solution to this worrying state of affairs is to do away with jurors in sex crime trials, and appoint a specially trained judge. I am wholly in favour of our jury system, but even more in favour of ensuring that rapists and other sex offenders do not walk free. New Zealand could be the first country to rid sex crime cases of jurors if one key recommendation from a recently published report by its Law Commission is implemented. The commissioners have suggested that there is a case for having sexual violence trials decided by a judge, either alone or with two expert “lay assessors”.

I saw one man acquitted after it was implied that the complainant was desperate for sex because her husband was impotent
Why do away with one of the fundamentals of a decent justice system? Is the jury system not set up in order to better ensure fairness and justice, rather than relying on a crusty old Etonian in a wig?

Not in rape cases. If jurors were to receive the level of training and awareness-raising necessary to challenge the deep-rooted and highly persuasive myths about rape, the jury system would be more effective in dealing with sex crimes – but this would take more than a few words from the judge at the beginning of a trial, which is how it works at the moment. In their report, the New Zealand commissioners found that rape trials feature “powerful cultural conceptions” that are “unique to sexual violence as a form of criminal offending” and absent from, for example, a case involving a man hitting another man in the street or pub.

I have sat through a number of rape cases over the years, and, despite legislation introduced in 2001 that aimed to restrict the use of previous sexual history evidence unless there is a compelling reason for including it, the defence barrister will often find a way to bring it up. I saw one man acquitted after the defence suggested that the complainant was desperate for sex because her husband had become impotent in recent years. The defendant in this case had met the complainant at 2am in the back streets as she was walking home, totally sober. Almost all the other cases I heard involved the complainant being trashed as a reliable witness because she had been drinking (alcohol is the new short skirt).

#ItAintRape: six common misconceptions about sexual violence
Read more
Claims that the complainant is lying are all the more believable because of the disproportionate media coverage of false rape allegations. Also jurors – in particular female ones – do not want to face the fact that those who commit rape include a broad cross section of men, and rarely fit the stereotype of a masked madman leaping out of a bush. Even when a judge permits expert evidence that challenges these myths, this cannot possibly compete with the bombardment of prejudice and misinformation that jurors absorb from some sections of the media on a daily basis.

Unlike jurors, judges at least get a day or two of training in sexual offences, which includes dispelling the myths and understanding why complainants do not necessarily break down in tears during evidence. My only misgiving in wholly supporting doing away with jurors in rape cases is that it might give leverage to those who wish to abolish the jury system altogether as a way to save money.

If we are serious about ensuring that those guilty of rape are convicted, public education of the type that will robustly challenge the lies and misinformation about rape has to be given priority. It is the public who become jurors and ultimately decide on such cases. The way that men who commit sex crimes are excused, and the women and men experiencing them are blamed, leaves me with no confidence in non-expert citizens delivering justice in rape cases.

They want nothing less than a complete subversion of our democratic justice system.

These feminists are vile and rotten to the core.

As long as it is compulsory for all judges to have at least ten rep points on RVF, it would work.

I've heard this before, from multiple mouthpieces.

It really is a quite terrifying possibility.

I wish there's gonna be another Viking Age to happen in England, so that they can put these 'wymyn' in their proper place.

Quote: (08-12-2016 03:33 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

One potential solution to this worrying state of affairs is to do away with jurors in sex crime trials, and appoint a specially trained judge. I am wholly in favour of our jury system, but even more in favour of ensuring that rapists and other sex offenders do not walk free.

Of course the best qualified Judges are like her, she thinks.

Deus vult!

Can't happen in USA, Bill of Rights, Sixth Amendment.

I wouldn't have a problem with juries having a degree of training in rape cases, except that you know that 'training' will be 'indoctrination', because there's always a goddamn agenda.

Bloody feminists and their agenda PREVENT justice, not enable it.

Quote: (08-13-2016 02:03 AM)Sp5 Wrote:  

"... shall not be infringed."

Rather like that whole 4th Amendment thing being tossed out completely once you buy a plane ticket.

Quote: (08-13-2016 12:24 AM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  

I've heard this before, from multiple mouthpieces.

It really is a quite terrifying possibility.

I wonder if, in 100 years, history texts will refer to this period of time as "The Salem Rape Trials" or the "Global Rape Inquisition"

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Why not go a step further and bring back the Star Chamber. Obviously the most important thing in "justice" is making sure an accusation automatically means jail, rather than distinguishing between guilty and innocent.

That said, I always feel a bit dirty giving filth like this, and their "article", any attention. I feel this helps her avoid starving to death in a gutter somewhere. Ugh.

This is Julie Bindel, a mentally ill
vapid radical feminist who called repeteadly in the past for locking up all men, indiscriminately:

[Image: bindel-kamps.png]

It is scary that The Guardian gives her space to promote her cancerous, devouring, hate against men.

Judge-only trials may work, but the judge would need to be immune from outside influences. Namely, elected as a judge for life. Personally, I feel these trials are far too political, so would benefit from a jury.

Shocked that she's short haired and obese.

Never has a stereotype been so consistently confirmed.

Quote: (08-13-2016 03:30 PM)seniol Wrote:  

vapid radical feminist who called repeteadly in the past for locking up all men, indiscriminately:

[Image: bindel-kamps.png]

It is scary that The Guardian gives her space to promote her cancerous, devouring, hate against men.

Disgusting. I'm appalled this is being encouraged, especially when Anglo white female feminism is a surefire way to destroy a society from within; no invaders needed.

Really, demonizing your own son, woman? Nice job destroying your own society, cunt. Seriously, this isn't Victorian England anymore, where a false Jack the Ripper accusation guarantees permanent exile for Englishmen. And where did the exiled Englishmen end up? Usually Australia, Canada, and New Zealand.

Hey wankers, this is why you seriously need to keep your women in check.

PS: Why did Viking helmets have horns? Because they were the bull, when pre-Crusades Englishwomen were dickriding them.

Quote: (08-13-2016 07:54 PM)Tim in real life Wrote:  

Disgusting. I'm appalled this is being encouraged, especially when Anglo white female feminism is a surefire way to destroy a society from within; no invaders needed.

Really, demonizing your own son, woman? Nice job destroying your own society, cunt. Seriously, this isn't Victorian England anymore, where a false Jack the Ripper accusation guarantees permanent exile for Englishmen. And where did the exiled Englishmen end up? Usually Australia, Canada, and New Zealand.

PS: Why did Viking helmets have horns? Because they were the bull, when pre-Crusades Englishwomen were dickriding them.

Cunt is a lesbian, enough said:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julie_Bindel

Any time she's in a live debate it's the same tired "Patriarchy!" explanation for EVERYTHING. I don't get why people listen to such an obvious fuck up. She's like Andrea Dworkin in that sense, and of the same 'wave'.

There are many mentally ill, lesbians full of hate against men, but the problem is that she is given a voice, to spew her poison against men through the millions of copies of The Guardian mainstream newspaper...

If he sinks, not a rapist, if he floats burn him.

Quote: (08-14-2016 07:21 AM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

Quote: (08-13-2016 07:54 PM)Tim in real life Wrote:  

Cunt is a lesbian, enough said:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julie_Bindel

For some reason, she strikes me as the type who'd side with Jimmy Saville: he's her red herring. [Image: angry.gif]

I'm going to play devil's advocate here. Let's put aside the politics surrounding rape for a second... Why is enlisting a bunch of random morons plucked away from their lives against their will ever the best way to ensure a correct verdict, in any type of case?

Quote: (08-13-2016 03:18 AM)Sean Wrote:  

Rather like that whole 4th Amendment thing being tossed out completely once you buy a plane ticket.

Not at all comparible. The legal principle is that you waive your rights to search if you want to voluntarily enter someone else's property.

Nobody has to fly, some people never do. You want to fly and not get searched? Buy your own plane.

Criminal trials on the other hand, are forced on you by the state, so your rights are not waived.

Julie Bindel just called publicly for half of the human population to be shot:

Holocaust is a joke compared to Julie Bindel the lesbian radical feminist who now
claims that we are all just a "misogynists" if we don't agree with her that all men should be shot:

http://twitter.com/bindelj/status/765209117837451264

Doesn't this very much fall under several criminal laws in UK,
as incitement to genocide and hate crimes,
hate speech, death threats to half of human population?