rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Buying & Selling Websites

Cant find much info here about this sort of business model, unless I didnt search all the criteria, delete or direct me to another thread, thanks.

Anyway, who here is in this space? Ive only done some partial research into this model but would like to hear from the guys actually doing it.

Im interested in a buy and hol strategy for now and looking to flip when I have enough due diligence done/how it all works. Another passive income stream if you will.

Done some poking around on empireflippers and listened to some podcasts.

What I do know at this time:

Bigger investments over the 10k price tag range are usually better due to the site being decently established in its nice, its monetization and advertising methods aren't in the infant stage and the traffic sources will be somewhat decent.

Due diligence: knowing that there can be a lot of fuckery involved with certain sellers. Knowing you can get swindled/fake statistics and numbers on a potential purchase etc.

Effort: Not a set and forget investment strategy. Youll need to know what youre doing when your the owner and/or part owner of a digital asset. Do you know how to get content for that niche/ how do you make the site better/ seo etc.

Where to start/tips/advice all welcome

Cheers

Check out Flippa.com. I've used it a few times.

Maine and Canadian lobsters are the same animal. Prove me wrong.

Bought a site off of Flippa recently. Then I realized I have no interest in working on it.

If you're going to buy a site be ready to put in the work to make it grow. You seem aware of that necessity, but its important to think about it.

Quote: (08-07-2016 03:22 PM)Seth_Rose Wrote:  

Bought a site off of Flippa recently. Then I realized I have no interest in working on it.

If you're going to buy a site be ready to put in the work to make it grow. You seem aware of that necessity, but its important to think about it.

So are you actually buying the website or the business? What type of site did you buy.

Ive heard flippa is dodgy though

Are there any forums specific to this type of model?

Much better to be the seller than the buyer in these situations. Consider why people sell websites, if you had a winner, why sell it? Occasionally, there will be people in need of cash selling and that's when you have to buy, but if you don't know anything about running a larger website, you will be surprised at all the work involved in just keeping the site from getting hacked, to maintaining search engine rankings, running social media and all that. Lots of small work involved, no such thing as 'turnkey' website.