rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Online security thread

Online security thread

Bonjour tout le monde! Today I wanna talk with you about online security and in a broader sense everything electronic : smartphone, tablet, laptop, etc.
The goal here is to share some experience and tips to better protect us in the future, maintain our freedom. I have the feeling that our community is gonna be more and more targeted by SJW and else, especially as the forum/blog get more and more coverage.

Preliminary warning
Nothing, I repeat, nothing is secure on internet or on your computer. That being said, with certain step, you can make it harder for the enemy. And when the enemy is the government (for ex in France since terrorist attacks, it's legal for the government to spy on all your online activities) we gotta be extra careful. Who knows if in 5years they will start to track us and sue us for "misogynist and antigovernment propaganda". If you think this is unlikely, I suggest to look the heat that got Roosh... Did you know Anonymous gave up his family home address? What if they started to target members to discourage us and use personnal information to shame us? Yes, everyone has skeletons in the closet.

Cameras & microphone
[Image: laptop-webcam.jpg]

Believe it or not, but you are the best person to spy on yourself : phone, laptop they all got microphone and/or cameras. Hacking into it is relatively easy and you usually always carry it on yourself.

How to protect myself
For the laptop, I just take a small piece of paper sheet with 2 adhesive pads to mask the camera AND the microphone (better if the pads are on the hole for the microphone. It's usually located near the camera). Easy to do and easy to remove if you skype for example. For the phone, I dont keep so much personal data, so as of right now I don't do anything for the camera/microphone.

Smartphone
[Image: smartphone.jpg]

I know a guy who did an internship in a big telecom company. For a small seminar, he entered a room and 2 min later the speaker said to him "BTW, your wife is asking you to bring bread when you come home". Yes, it was that fast to get into a conventional mobile. Another fact less known : even if the mobile is shut off, it can still be turned on. Besides it is possible to turn it on at distance. The only way to prevent : remove the battery.

How to protect myself
When you can, leave your fucking phone at home. I see all the time people texting a lot at the gym and leaving with a smile that says "Such a hard workout, I'm so happy". In reality, they did 45 actual minutes of workout when they stayed for an hour.
Your friends/girls are not gonna die if you don't answer quickly. Besides, it shows alpha trait : you impose your style, not the other way around.
Bonus point : less harmful for your body, because proximity of these antennas increase chances of cancer

This forum
I hesitated to make it my first point. As Roosh put it :
Quote:Quote:

WARNING: This forum is considered subversive by the establishment

The enemy monitors our community to discover the identity of members and the hacking group Anonymous has in the past attempted to break into the server. There is personal risk to you in using this forum, especially if you don't take the recommended precautions listed on this page. In addition, we have very strict rules that allow the forum to exist as a unified community in spite of the attacks against us. If you fail to read the following rules, there is a high chance that you will put your identity at risk or be banned without warning. Here are the rules...

I already had members who asked me questions that required personal stuff. I refused here, it's via a burner email (Read here) or nothing.
In addition, I would advise to post false informations. False enough to have plausible deniability if someone wanna prove a certain account belong to you but true enough so that other member still benefits from your datasheet report, overall experience, etc.

Example : if you're 34, post somewhere that you're 36. If you have lived in Brasil for 1 year in 2007, say you lived there 2 year in 2008. And so on.

Overall best way to protect yourself
Is to be conscient about the risk. Assume something will go wrong and be prepared to deal with it. Also, learn to live a bit less with electronics, more paper or face to face if it's possible. Besides, that way, you're more a man, as less dependant of the outside.

Any stories, tips to share?

Make men great again!

Online security thread

Quote: (08-06-2016 12:31 PM)James Bond Next level Wrote:  

In addition, I would advise to post false informations. False enough to have plausible deniability if someone wanna prove a certain account belong to you but true enough so that other member still benefits from your datasheet report, overall experience, etc.

Example : if you're 34, post somewhere that you're 36. If you have lived in Brasil for 1 year in 2007, say you lived there 2 year in 2008. And so on.

I liked everything except for that advise. You have to own what you do and who you are. If you could have problems, just don't post it then.

Integrity is too important to compromise.

Online security thread

Quote: (08-06-2016 03:11 PM)Perfect Stranger Wrote:  

I liked everything except for that advise. You have to own what you do and who you are. If you could have problems, just don't post it then.

Actually I'd say that it's excellent advice. Your exact whereabouts at a certain time or your exact age have no bearing on the core points you make. I got identified ten years ago by describing a certain person's actions too accurately.

Online security thread

Quote: (08-06-2016 03:11 PM)Perfect Stranger Wrote:  

I get where this answer comes from man and I respect that. I would say it's the same mentality as "I'm alpha and owes everything and am strong enough" which is a bit caveman. It's fine in certain situation but using social intelligence as well is crucial in my mind.
For example, Roosh could have done the same. Instead, when the heat was strong at the start of this year, he hired bodyguards. Good decision IMO, that doesn't make him less of a man.

Make men great again!

Online security thread

Use the search feature, this topic is a dupe.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.