rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Birthday Cake Fire Kills 13 in France

http://www.expatica.com/fr/news/Bar-fire...44235.html

Quote:Quote:

Birthday cake candles tore through a bar in northern France early Saturday, killing at least 13 people in the nation's deadliest blaze in over a decade, investigators said.

Through the shattered front windows of the Au Cuba Libre bar in Rouen melted stools and scorched liquor bottles were visible, as tearful mourners hugged each other and brought flowers to the scene.

"Someone came down with a birthday cake with candles and fell down the stairs," Labadie said, citing initial investigation findings.

"The candles were thrown onto the walls and ceiling, where there was soundproofing material. There was an immediate conflagration and gas was released."

Witness Stephanie, 36, described the terrifying moment the fire took hold.

"I was at the bar on the ground floor having a drink, when we saw the flames -- it was like a flame-thrower, everything happened so fast," she told reporters.

Picture of the cake:

[Image: isis-flag-cake2.jpg]

If only you knew how bad things really are.

[Image: 773199162006445995.gif]

How is this physically possible? Was the building made of dried hay (but with locked iron doors) and filled with gasoline? I can't believe that no one had time to react.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Was it gluten-free?

[Image: giphy.gif]

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

"I was afraid that it was another attack, but right away I was told that it was an accident," witness Rachid Ahmaymi, 36 told AFP.

From the article you posted.
How can you be sure of the picture of the cake?? I checked and it seems it was an accident, no rapport to ISIS or terrorism. Do you have sources that may contradict that?

Make men great again!

The cake's motive may never be known.

Лучше поздно, чем никогда

...life begins at "70% Warning Level."....

[Image: isis-flag-cake2.jpg]

It's one of those allah akbar cakes: Instead of the big tittied blonde popping out of the top of the cake doing a dance, a jihad maniac pops out with a knife and starts stabbing party-goers.

- One planet orbiting a star. Billions of stars in the galaxy. Billions of galaxies in the universe. Approach.

#BallsWin

Reports say the cake was bullied in school and just lashing out. It self identified as French in the moments before the conflagration.

Ok everyone, look here : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...esign.html

And look at the date : original article (absolutely no link to france) from 29 june 2015. It's exactly the same cake picture. I'm all about fighting ISIS but please don't spread nonsense.

So in reality it was just an accident, period.

Make men great again!

Seriously though, this cover story sounds like something an 11 year old would come up with after setting fire to his room playing with matches. As described, it's basically impossible.

Guess I'll point out that the cake thing was a joke, too, for the terminally humorless in the room.

Guess I'll point out that the cake thing was a joke, too, for the terminally humorless in the room.

I'll confirm the obvious....that the picture is from a different story. Allahu Akbar!

That sound attenuating foam is no joke. There was the infamous incident in Rhode Island where the band Great White set off pyrotechnics indoors and the club coated in that stuff instantly went up in flames. One hundred people died.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stat...tclub_fire

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Orders of magnitude different situations. The club went up in minutes, they're saying this happened in literally a few seconds. "A wall of flame, like a flamethrower" or similar was how it was described. Also, pyrotechnics are about a thousand times more likely to set things on fire than birthday candles. GMAFB on that one.

Polystyrene burns but it isn't that easy to ignite. A typical candle flame isn't all that hot. Pyrotechnics often use magnesium or aluminum powder (among other things), which both burn much hotter than a candle, and depending on the mix pyrotechnics are sometimes self-oxidizing as well. As in, they keep burning even when smothered.

You could toss a birthday cake with lit candles into a pile of dry straw and it wouldn't go up all that fast, if it caught at all. That's a one in a thousand toss for the candles to stay lit instead of instantly being smothered by the rest of the cake splattering all over.

My call on this is some kind of firebomb--Molotov cocktail through the window, maybe--or really stupendous carelessness, on the order of the gasoline fight scene in Zoolander. Even a serious kitchen accident like a grease fire + some moron trying to put it out with flour wouldn't cause that kind of rapid conflagration.

It's pretty clear by looking at the window that it wasn't some kind of gas explosion, though.

I doubt we'll ever know for sure what really happened, and I sure don't trust the government or media to report honestly about it.

[Image: Rouen-Bar-Explosion-640x480.png]

Maybe they were assault candles.

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""

We need more cake control.

[Image: OB-XU596_0611Ss_J_20130611123352.jpg]

"Does PUA say that I just need to get to f-close base first here and some weird chemicals will be released in her brain to make her a better person?"
-Wonitis

@weambulance

Why do assume they were simple candles? Ive been to more than a few places that had cakes with candles, and they were more like sparklers. I could easily see one of those starting a big fire quickly if it were dropped. In fact, I don't think I've ever been to a venue that used simple candles, maybe an Applebies or something I guess. Think you may be jumping the conspiracy gun on this one.

Could it have happened through negligence? Sure, maybe. But the descriptions of the event are much more consistent with a deflagration with a chemical accelerant than a simple fire, even if the place was made of pretty flammable stuff.

On the possible terrorism side, we have a country that has been repeatedly attacked by muslim terrorists in the very recent past and a government that was already caught red handed covering up the full story of the attacks. Just a week ago muslim terrorists firebombed a bus in Paris with a molotov cocktail, as well.

It's up to the individual to decide what they think is most likely, all things considered.

The article says the fire got to the sound proofing materials in the room, which can be extremely flamable. This is unfortunately a theme in many nightclub fires and why they seem to have an abnormally high amount of deaths.

I read multiple articles and I already addressed your point previously.

There's more than one kind of soundproofing material, and they reported it specifically as polystyrene, which is not that flammable. I checked on its characteristics, including finding videos to see what it looks like when it burns and how easy it is to set on fire. Turns out it really is not that easy to set on fire. It tends to melt first.

What generally happens in nightclub fires is people get trapped because the exits are blocked, people panic, everyone dies from smoke inhalation. Again, that takes several minutes. The previously cited nightclub fire was said to take 5 1/2 minutes. That is nothing like a "wall of flame" or a very sudden burn that flares up in seconds. They said this took three seconds, and let me point out yet again, that it was like a flamethrower. That is not at all consistent with common materials catching fire, unless the place was made of old dry christmas trees or wallpapered with oil soaked rags.

My point, my sole point, is that the story the authorities are giving does not match the actual descriptions of how the event went down given by witnesses. It does not match at all. And I have yet to hear why people think that kind of Three Stooges slapstick bullshit of "someone fell down the stairs carrying a birthday cake with candles!" is considered a likely explanation at all, either. Someone fell while carrying a cake and somehow the candles ended up in contact with the ceiling long enough to start a serious fire? Pull the other one, it's got bells on.

Oh, and that priest that was beheaded or throat cut or whatever not that long ago in France? That happened right next to Rouen.

Coincidence, I'm sure.

Quote: (08-06-2016 01:38 PM)RexImperator Wrote:  

I'll confirm the obvious....that the picture is from a different story. Allahu Akbar!

That sound attenuating foam is no joke. There was the infamous incident in Rhode Island where the band Great White set off pyrotechnics indoors and the club coated in that stuff instantly went up in flames. One hundred people died.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stat...tclub_fire

Sorry mate, guess I thought it was another troll and as I'm french and was exposed a bit more directly to previous terrorist attack it doesn't make me laugh as much. But it's okay.
To add to the discussion, if the media is not covering something, it is possible. I hang out in a lot of old bar in paris and i would bet fire prevention norms aren't respected.

Make men great again!

It's probably a Cromanon-like (former Argentine nightclub) accidental situation.

The bar owner in this (today) case is a well-known and reckless "rasta" from the Reunion island. His (criminal) responsibility is the same than that of the infamous and jailed Cromanon owner. He didn't respect the fire department orders.

http://www.clicanoo.re/533670-rouen-13-m...nnais.html

Except if MSM is hiding something...? we'll never know for sure I guess.

Edit: Strange stuff: The birthday being celebrated was that of a female ex-police assistant (from the Reunion island??), born in the same little town, the same year, as last week's terrorist (Adel Kermiche, the one who cut the throat of the priest). Coincidence...? I mean, she and Kermiche very possibly knew each other, went to school together maybe??..
http://www.paris-normandie.fr/breves/nor...AK6509057#

My first thread here was about this sort of thing happening. Do not trust the buildings you are in if you are outside a first world country and don't even trust a first world building either.

Places which are compact and/or shove many people into a small space with little to no escape is just a series of events from turning into your grave.

Note where exits are, be aware of your surroundings, know how to operate fire extinguishing items and do not gawp at the fucking fire whatever you do. Get out.

#notallcakes

When authorities are quick to dismiss one possible motive for anything, you know that one motive is weighing heavily on their minds.