rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What does (a real) 10 percent body fat look like?

Interesting...[/b]

Yes, I'd say that most people usually think they're leaner than they actually are. Lots of guys on the internet are at 5'10-5'11 200 pounds claiming to be 10-12% body-fat, while they're actually at least 15%. If you've got a blurry four-pack showing in a favorable lighting, it doesn't mean that you're at these low levels of leanness.

He's absolutely right on the fact that you don't need to be in single digits to look your best, anything below 15% looks good provided you have enough mass. You don't necessarily need to lose muscle while dieting down though. Keep in mind that muscle and lean body mass (lbm) are not the same thing.

I'd say for most people just starting out it's a non-issue though. Dieting down to even these levels (10-12%) is pretty difficult, but needs to be done before you start your gaining phase.

I'm with you Bilboswaggins. I've got a blurry 4 pack, and I've got that nice visible "V" line by my junk, and according to the calipers my body fat percentage was 20%. Which crushed my soul.......[Image: angry.gif]

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

It looks like this:

[Image: Fivea-Sailing-Yacht-by-Perini-Navi.jpg]

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (08-02-2016 04:09 AM)Bilboswaggins Wrote:  

You don't necessarily need to lose muscle while dieting down though. Keep in mind that muscle and lean body mass (lbm) are not the same thing.

Without roids I had the most sucess with losing slow , no more than 2 lbs per week, but even then I've lost some muscle.

Quote: (08-02-2016 08:51 AM)Suits Wrote:  

It looks like this:

[Image: Fivea-Sailing-Yacht-by-Perini-Navi.jpg]

damn it suits, you have me on the GROUND dying of laughter. I have coffee all over my desk now!

Quote: (08-02-2016 04:09 AM)Bilboswaggins Wrote:  

Yes, I'd say that most people usually think they're leaner than they actually are.

Fantastic user name.

Repped.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Weird how that guy looks huge in the photo but tiny in the video.

Shows how much of bodybuilding can be an illusion.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Good concept for the video, but good god I hate Vegan Gains, such a whiny bitch

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

― Hunter S. Thompson

2019 COLOMBIA MOTORCYCLE TRIP DATASHEET

Damn, he went from that blob in January to cut by August? I get he's on roids and all, but that is a serious transformation in a short period of time.