rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to get perfect skin

How to get perfect skin

After years and years of research, here's the skincare routine that has completely changed my skin for the better. No more PIH (reddish post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation), significantly minimized acne scars, and minimized/disappeared wrinkles.

One huge caveat: You must use sunscreen on a daily basis or you can damage your skin following this routine. UVA radiation is the No. 1 cause of skin damage - so you have to guard against it big time, especially since a few of the items on here will make your skin more photosensitive.

Entire routine takes 20 minutes in the morning (but you can do other things while certain components are drying), and 20 minutes at night. I'll include prices to show you this doesn't have to be an expensive routine.

Morning

1. Wash face with gel cleanser, not a foaming one. Foaming ones remove the water based dirt and whatnot from your face, but suck at removing oil/grease. A lathered up gel one will take care of both. I use Earth Science Clarifying Facial Wash (https://www.amazon.com/Earth-Science.../dp/B004FHDGLE), but prolly any gel cleanser will work. $10 for like 3 months use in one container.

2. Step out of the shower, towel dry your face, and apply toner (this will get rid of any residue the cleanser didn't get, so your face will be extra clean. Plus, if you use one of the ones with witch hazel in it, it'll help shrink your pores). Soak a cotton ball with the non-alcoholic toner and apply all over. I personally use Thayer's witch hazel toner https://www.thayers.com/shop-thayers...h-hazel-toner/
Again, it's just $10 and one bottle will last like three months

I usually run a blowdryer on my hair and face after this step to speed things along.

3. Apply hyaluronic acid Put some on a cotton ball and rub on your lower eyelids/upper cheeks first. Then everywhere else on your face. Alternatively (if you have time), use the Japanese sheet mask method (google it or watch it on youtube).
I usually use Hada Labo's hyaluronic lotion https://www.amazon.com/Hada-Labo-Gok.../dp/B000FQUGXA
This is what gets rid of a lot of the wrinkles, and will help your skin look younger. Basically you're plumping up your skin layers by hydrating them with this, thereby preventing future "superficial-layer" (top few layers) skin wrinkles/cracks.
This one I use is $12, will last two months.

4. After about 5 minutes, apply Vitamin C serum Go do other stuff to get ready for the day, like make your breakfast or iron your clothes. Then come back and apply a few drops of Vitamin C serum to a cotton ball and apply all over your face. Vitamin C does a ton of good stuff for your skin - it'll lightly exfoliate, heal some sun damage, lighten existing scars/redness, and even act as a low-level sunscreen.

One caveat regarding Vitamin C serums (and other serums like hyaluronic acid, vitamin A, etc): There are a chit-ton of scammers out there. Amazon's filled with garbage products when it comes to serums. Just because something is listed as "#1 best-seller for Vitamin C" (or something like that), it doesn't mean chit. Scammers use fake reviews (like several hundred all posted in the same month), as well as mad-libs style descriptions for each of them. It's just one or two companies that are making most of them, slapping a different label, and then copy-pasting the descriptions. Then they'll change one or two adjectives.

There is no "good deal" on topical Vitamin C serums. When it comes to serums, you really do get what you pay for, and if you only spend $15 or $9, you're actually just getting some glycerin mixed with water, with a drop of orange food coloring added.

Your only options are to go with companies that are widely trusted (like Paula's Choice or Drunk Elephant) or stuff recommended by non-amazon reviewer (like on beauty blogs or subreddits).

Personally I use the Paula's Choice Vitamin C serum. http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/ski...-Super-Booster

Yeah yeah, it's $45, but you can get it for $10 off using this link: https://goo.gl/Sf7Hqw
(since I shop there I sometimes get discount codes emailed to me)

5. Wait five minutes, then apply your chemical exfolients. You know those St. Ives exfoliating scrubs? Do you have one? Throw it in the trash, or start using it to clean tile grout. It's not good for your face - physical exfoliants create tons of little microtears that invite acne-causing bacteria, and they can damage the moisture barrier of your skin. Rather, you should use chemical exfolients - light acids that temporarily lower the pH of your skin to break up the bond of dead surface cells. You apply a BHA (beta hydroxy acid) or an AHA (alpha hydroxy acid) and then the next time you wash your face you'll see a brighter younger layer of skin. The acids that are suitable for daily use (meaning you don't have to wash them off) are below 10% acid (I use 2% and 8% solutions). Anything stronger is a chemical peel, which you leave on for just a few minutes then wash off.

At this point I've had more acid on my face than a Pakistani girl trying to get an education. And they work - they get amazing results. BHA's help reduce oil production, close up pores, and basically "future-proofs" your skin by not giving it a reason to break out. AHA's are different - they'll fix issues in the here and now, like lighten reddish/pink blotches, lighten acne scars, and reduce (or remove) wrinkles found in the upper-layers of the skin. Soak a cotton ball in the bha first, apply to your face (especially the nose or anywhere that you can actually see pores). Then go ahead and soak the same cotton ball with the AHA and apply. Now go finish your breakfast or whatever - you need to chill for at least 15 minutes before the next step.

For BHA and AHA's, I usually use Paula's Choice exfolients:
http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/ski...quid-Exfoliant ($28, lasts 3 months)
http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/ski...-Gel-Exfoliant (also $28, lasts 3 months)

Like I mentioned before, you can get $10 off using this link https://goo.gl/Sf7Hqw

6. Apply moisturizer At this point I'm using combo moisturizer+SPF, but after your face has dried a bit from the acids, you'll want to put moisturizer all over. This is that key step that I wish I understood as a teenager - if your skin is dry, either you have to moisten it, or the skin will itself by producing oil (and therefore acne). Most common moisturizers (ie, Neutrogena) should work just fine. You may have to mix and match to find one that doesn't look greasy/wet on your skin. Which actually brings me to the final step...

7. Apply sunscreen. Turns out there's a whole underground world of sunscreen. Stuff that's legal in Europe and Korea, but not here. Physical sunscreens, chemical sunscreens, etc.
I prefer using physical sunscreen (meaning it has minerals like zinc oxide that rest on the face and don't absorb) since you don't need to reapply. The chemical ones you do (and also may cause breakouts due to influencing hormones-srs). Here's an article that does a really, really good job of bringing you up to speed on sunscreens: https://vanityrex.com/2015/05/21/eve...unscreen-pt-1/

There is one problem with physical sunscreens - most leave what's known as a "white cast", or white shade that doesn't rub in. The solution I've found is to use one of the lightly beige-tinted kinds that are also moiturizers. There's a couple out there - I can't really recommend one particular kind because its all based on the tone of your skin (white, tan, brown, Indian, black, etc). You'll just need to google "tinted physical sunscreen".

At night

At night its time to clean your skin from the damage that occurred to it during the day. You don't need a sunscreen for this one.

1.Cleanser
2. Toner
3. Hyaluronic acid srs - try the sheet method once or twice. A fukkin box of japanese sheet masks is like $2 on amazon for like 2 months supply. I know from experience it does work.
4. Vitamin C serum

5. Retinoid product In addition to no sunscreen, I don't use the exfolients at night either. You're exfoliated enough - plus, the acids will lower your skin pH down to 3, which inactivates retinol products (they only work at pH 5-5.6). Retinoid products are the other "wrinkle fighters" - they should tighten up the face and smooth out under-eye/upper cheek wrinkles. They also make the skin way more susceptible to sunlight damage, so you really have to wear sunscreen during the day.
I alternate between ROC brands and Paula's Choice brands. Keep in mind though, over the counter retinols only work after undergoing conversion process on your skin, so they're not as effective as prescription retinoid creams. Also, if you ask a dermatologist for one, you might be able to get insurance to pay for it.
http://www.skinacea.com/retinoids/ty...l#.V55xFugrKUl

6. Apply a night-time moisturizer Honestly you can just use any kind of moisturizer - I use the neutrogena pm one, as it has niacinimide in it (which also shrinks pores and fine lines).
http://www.neutrogena.com/product/de...ortby=ourPicks It's 12 bucks

So to get youthful God-tier skin, you gotta spend $10+$10+$12+$45+$28+28+$30+$15+$12 = $190 every three months.

For me, spending $190 every three months is worth it to get good results. If you have any questions, let me know. I didn't really go to far into detail about sunscreens or the science of pH sequencing, but there's whole subreddits and blogs about that

TL;DR Cliffs:
1) Gel cleanser
2) Toner
3) Hyaluronic acid
4) Vitamin C serum
5) Chemical exfolients
6) Moisturizer
7) Sunscreen
(plus some variations at night)

How to get perfect skin

This is the sunscreen that I referenced in my first post. As of now, its the only sunscreen I'll use.

[Image: 11174233-6124327781071530.jpg]

http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/skin-ca...nse-SPF-30

It's $30 but you can get $10 off using: https://goo.gl/Sf7Hqw

How to get perfect skin

It sounds like you are using chemicals to achieve what a drug such as Acutane also achieves, with similar external side effects, but minus the potential liver and other internal organ damage. Interesting, good post.

How to get perfect skin

Clean diet, sunshine, fish oil, Mike Cernovich's fit juice texts (applied, naturally), low stress, exercise, pussy and avoiding liquor or smoking cigarettes will do the trick too.

Granted, I do use various moisturizers and cosmetics (coconut oil) once in a while so I do not look twenty years older than I actually am, and this thread is a terrific resource therein, but avoiding chemicals is not a bad idea. Sunscreen causes cancer, for instance.

How to get perfect skin

Interesting thread. I've used everything on here and have gone down a similar path as you.

What I discovered is that it is very much possible to overdo things. I was doing an extensive routine like you, but it backfired. I ended up with a lot of inflammation and very dry skin ( wasn't moisturizing enough). This led to the worse acne I've ever had in my life, during my late 20s. That lasted 9 months, yes 9 months. I couldn't get it to go away. I was one step away from accutane. I finally got it under control by simplifying my routine: 3% benzoyl peroxide wash and moisturizer 2x a day that's it. Followed by tretinoin .25% at night. I discovered my acne was caused by overuse of skin products making my skin produce more oil and hence acne. Moisturizer is crucial.

I recently spoke with a double board certified facial plastic surgeon about some of these products and my routine. The man is very smart and very successful, he does face treatments (wrinkles, lasers, Botox) all day. He said the hyulaoronic acid serums and vitamin c stuff is all a scam and none of it works. The only thing that works is resilient hyluaronic acid (RHA). There's only one product on the market, by Teoxane. Pricey at $200 but likely worth it. The normal hyulaoronic acid you are buying and the stuff all over Amazon, essentially gets broken down and not absorbed effectively. He didn't break down the science but I trust his judgment.

I haven't bought it yet, but will soon. My new routine will be cetaphil cleanser, Teoxane serum 2x a day, and moisturizer. I found GNC vitamin A,D,E cream to be the best I've used. My skin actually feels good after using it, and it's only $3 or so. At night I use the tretinoin (prescription), I'm going to ask my derm to give me the .5% when my tube is up.

I always find sunscreen to make my face greasy, does the sunscreen you recommend do that?

How to get perfect skin

The sunscreen I posted is literally the only one that I've found that doesn't leave my face greasy/shiny, or look like white face paint

How to get perfect skin

Vitamin B3, Zinc supplements or living with a woman would do the trick.

Last one might be a bit of a stretch for some.

How to get perfect skin

For me the biggest change was learning how to shave properly, and what shaving products worked for me. Seems obvious in retrospect, but my acne disappeared after this (it was mainly around my cheeks/chin).

simple razors (more than two blades is too irritating, fuck that Match3 shit) + new razor every week + proraso shaving cream + badger brush to lather the cream better... turns out to be cheaper than your suppermarket Match3 + crappy shaving foam convo, still takes 1 minute per day, but much healthier for your face.

How to get perfect skin

Am I the only one who read the OP in Patrick Bateman's voice?

Not ripping on skin care, I'm extremely vain myself.

You don't get there till you get there

How to get perfect skin

What's the best way to get rid of blackheads? Lately I've been steaming my face and using a comedone extractor but I'm wondering if there's a better way.

How to get perfect skin

Best way to get rid of blackheads is BHA exfolient, without a doubt

How to get perfect skin

Quote: (08-03-2016 06:49 AM)Valentine Wrote:  

What's the best way to get rid of blackheads? Lately I've been steaming my face and using a comedone extractor but I'm wondering if there's a better way.

[Image: 55cf1647-2cb6-4aa6-9324-7cc71be03824_1.7...ba11d.jpeg]

This is what I use. It's inexpensive and gets the job done. Continue to steam your face first to soften the blackheads, use this scrub on problem areas, then run cold water over your face to close your pores. I do this at night so I'll have less of a chance of: dirt, sweat, or oil getting back into the recently cleaned pores and forming a pimple. Remember to change your pillow cover so you're sleeping on a fresh one to minimize contact with any grime as well. Also don't use the scrub more then two times a week.

"Those who will not risk cannot win." -John Paul Jones

How to get perfect skin

Quote: (08-04-2016 02:32 PM)mpr Wrote:  

Quote: (08-03-2016 06:49 AM)Valentine Wrote:  

[Image: 6ee2bbee-7bfe-43a4-9f46-c6615b5bb348_1.0...nBg=FFFFFF]

This is what I use. It's inexpensive and gets the job done. Continue to steam your face first to soften the blackheads, use this scrub on problem areas, then run cold water over your face to close your pores. I do this at night so I'll have less of a chance of: dirt, sweat, or oil getting back into the recently cleaned pores and forming a pimple. Remember to change your pillow cover so you're sleeping on a fresh one to minimize contact with any grime as well. Also don't use the scrub more then two times a week.

"Those who will not risk cannot win." -John Paul Jones

How to get perfect skin

This is gold... I recently went to a small private facial clinic, paid $300 for consultation and tried out their products. Basically the steps you have here were similar to the ones that were given to me.. Wish I had read this sooner and follow your guide... If you take the time to care for your skin, results will come.

How to get perfect skin

Those scrubs are damaging - they break up your skin's moisture barrier and create tears all over the face. St Ives is currently on a class action lawsuit over this. Chemical exfoliants are always preferable to physical ones

How to get perfect skin

1) Gel cleanser - low irritant for medium skin
2) Salicylic acid (like Stridex) - two or three times a week, don't wash off
3) Benzoyl peroxide, 2.5% gel (don't get anything higher) - spot treatment or whole face
4) Gel facial moisturizer

How to get perfect skin

Go to a doc and get low-dose accutane. The real game-changer for good skin.

How to get perfect skin

I just cut a small piece of the aloe vera plant in my house and apply it to my face 20 min a day, 3x a week. Have been doing it for three weeks now.

The results are way too good. My face is clear as fuck.

Currently bought a new pot and planted another aloe vera stem. Don't want to run out of my supply [Image: smile.gif]

How to get perfect skin

Quote: (08-01-2016 06:41 PM)markygras Wrote:  

At this point I've had more acid on my face than a Pakistani girl trying to get an education.

[Image: laugh2.gif]

How to get perfect skin

I don't really get a lot of skin problems - only real problem spot is my nose. It's nothing but blackheads and is constantly greasy because of this. (Since they're small and rather subtle, I've never really viewed getting rid of the blackheads as a high priority - but I'd love to get it done.)

Any tips on that? Are there any nose-centric scrubs available?

How to get perfect skin

Coconut oil on your skin is next to the best thing you can do.

Ass or cash, nobody rides for free - WestIndiArchie

How to get perfect skin

Great routine but seems time consuming and not sure if I can grow a big enough vagina to do all that every day...

Would simply using soap (clean), witch hazel (tone) and benzoyl peroxide (prevent breakouts and burn some skin off) do the trick?

How to get perfect skin

Quote: (01-07-2017 12:00 PM)FlyHigher123 Wrote:  

Go to a doc and get low-dose accutane. The real game-changer for good skin.

3-4 years ago I completed a 1 year course of low-medium dose Accutane (can't remember exact dose but it wasn't huge).

Yes, it works, but there are other side effects. I had nausea every morning for months after I stopped taking it, and I started experiencing IBS symptoms which I still suffer from today.

I'm sure some people don't have remaining side affects but beware, it's a pretty toxic drug and there are risks. Also it didn't fully cure me... my face was still a bit spotty when I finished (still a good improvement on where I started... disgusting), so I was put on doxy afterwards again didn't stop it completely. It still isn't fully resolved to this day and I am still pretty spotty, just now with a digestive system that throws tantrums.

Going to give some of the stuff in this thread a go, thanks OP!

How to get perfect skin

I tried all of the products mentioned above for two months, saw some difference but can never get rid of the underlying cyst,pores, or whatever is under my skin. Basically, my acne would resurface once in a while. Currently still have color discoloration and bumpy neck and facial hair areas.

The topic for skin care is different for everybody, so I can't say it won't work but this is what I got out of it.

However, I am going to try Accutane next week or so as it works better on Male according to my Dermatologist.

How to get perfect skin

I use face scrub and regular lotion. No more pimples.

Don't debate me.