rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Wall Victim or Survivor? - Julia Stiles

Went and saw the new Jason Bourne movie tonight. Just about everything I expected. Good action sequences and a crazy car chase. What I didn't expect was not being able to classify 35 year old Julia Stiles as a wall victim or survivor.

Here she is in the movie. I'd say victim, but the writers set her character always on the run, so maybe the makeup is meant to make her look bad...
[Image: ph9wn6td8o2qbwe.png]

Obligitory red carpet premier photo to make case for intentionally bad make up on screen
[Image: Julia-Stiles:-Jason-Bourne-Premiere-in-L...as--03.jpg]

And here's her last Bourne appearance 10 years ago
[Image: the-bourne-ultimatum-julia-stiles.jpg?w=680]

So I submit to you: victim or survivor? Because I'm stumped.

"Nothing comes easier than madness in the world today
Mass paranoia is a mode not a malady"
Bad Religion - The Defense

She was never the best looker. Kinda Rhonda Rousey lookalike with all the jaw, none of the muscle tone and if possible even worse boxing skills.

Although never anything spectacular. She's a classic case of chicks being very bangable in their early 20's. But a quickly depreciating asset by her 30's. Now at 35, she's meh. Hasn't completely hit the wall. At least she's not fat. But I don't want to see her in three to five.

Claire Danes is in this category, too. But deflecting the Wall a bit better than Stiles. Danes is slightly older, but she is more lithe and was always prettier.

I still WB both, however.

^Good call on Claire Danes. Here she is at 27:

Today at 37:

I love her crackhead mannerisms, bet she's wild in the sack

WB both.

Americans are dreamers too

Where-as when I saw the latest Bourne film.
There was a preview for the next Bridget Jones Diary film with Renee Z.

It's well known how she had a rather odd bout of plastic surgery.
Yet despite the makeup & styling of a large production film (& a film where her character becomes pregnant).
Renee Z. at 47yo, looked like an old woman of ~60 years of age...

I'd post pictures, but I don't want to scare the children.

I've got to hand it to her! While she was never hot, she always made the best of what she was working with... while being in Hollywood! A lot of wannabe Hollywood bitches would have signed up for plastic surgery if they were in her spot. She's looking good in that pic from the premiere! That's fine aging right there... and definitely not Wall Victim material to me

Quote: (07-30-2016 02:36 AM)HeyPete Wrote:  

Although never anything spectacular. She's a classic case of chicks being very bangable in their early 20's. But a quickly depreciating asset by her 30's. Now at 35, she's meh. [...] At least she's not fat. But I don't want to see her in three to five.

Yeah, pretty much this. She has definitely hit the wall though.

[Image: julia-stiles-save-the-last-dance-paramou...100115.jpg]

[Image: 000ac092-630.jpg]

Looked at some recent pictures on google. She is NOT aging well in the face. Her face looks puffier to me than before (big beer/wine drinker maybe?). That red carpet photo in the OP post... she is caked in make-up. She is like some white women I know who look sort of passable when they have tons of foundation/wrinkle cover make-up on but look 20 years older without it. I remember seeing a pale white female friend (25-30 years old) by accident once without her foundation/anti-wrinkle make-up caked on and it was horrific. Probably the same deal here.

She is only 35 too and I've seen plenty of white women who look way better than her around that age.

The first movie I remember seeing her in was 10 Things I Hate About You (1999), in which she was 17. She looked a couple years older then; I'm surprised she was only 17 when it was filmed, but the movie was released almost right on her 18th birthday.

By The Bourne Supremacy in 2004 she was looking much the worse for wear, at ~22-23 years old. Her decline was a lot like Renee Zellweger's (who is absolutely unrecognizable now): her face just got puffy and she stopped looking like a young cute girl very quickly. Apparently Julia's held more or less steady since then, though.

I guess you could technically call her a wall survivor, but with the caveat that she did not live up to the promise of her youth.

She aged better than the girl who played her younger sister in 10 Things I Hate About You, though, who is only 3 months younger:

[Image: 130204LarisaOleynik1.jpg]

Quote: (07-30-2016 08:16 AM)The Black Knight Wrote:  

Yeah, pretty much this. She has definitely hit the wall though.

[Image: julia-stiles-save-the-last-dance-paramou...100115.jpg]

[Image: 000ac092-630.jpg]

She is only 35 too and I've seen plenty of white women who look way better than her around that age.

She went from ugly teen to ugly past her prime, no-then here to see, she was lucky she had a Hollywood career.

If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of.
– Bruce Lee

One must give value, but one must profit from it too, life is about balance

Quote: (07-30-2016 10:46 AM)HOD Wrote:  

She went from ugly teen to ugly past her prime, no-then here to see, she was lucky she had a Hollywood career.

I'm not insinuating anything with Julia Stiles.
Yet being Hollywood, there's always the performance of an actress on the casting couch...

She played Michael Douglas' daughter in Traffic. Many people walked out of the theater when the scene came on of her getting banged out by her dealer in exchange for dope. That was a scene that will live forever in the stomach churning halls of fame.

Although never anything spectacular. She's a classic case of chicks being very bangable in their early 20's. But a quickly depreciating asset by her 30's. Now at 35, she's meh. Hasn't completely hit the wall. At least she's not fat. But I don't want to see her in three to five.

This is why i asked the question. How do you define the wall for a mediocre face with a great body? She's kept the body fairly well, but the face is going faster. Like you said, maybe I should ask again in another 5 years.

"Nothing comes easier than madness in the world today
Mass paranoia is a mode not a malady"
Bad Religion - The Defense

Quote: (07-30-2016 11:33 AM)NilNisiOptimum Wrote:  

This is why i asked the question. How do you define the wall for a mediocre face with a great body? She's kept the body fairly well, but the face is going faster. Like you said, maybe I should ask again in another 5 years.

Her goofy baby face was her claim to fame. It is gone and left with a puffy mommy face. She is done being hot.

Quote: (07-30-2016 11:28 AM)rpg Wrote:  

She played Michael Douglas' daughter in Traffic. Many people walked out of the theater when the scene came on of her getting banged out by her dealer in exchange for dope. That was a scene that will live forever in the stomach churning halls of fame.

No, that was Erika Christensen:

[Image: 4c4c53111dd8a5359e5883bd6b1f6ec0.jpg]
[Image: erika_christensen.jpg]

Someone must have had a pretty sheltered life if that scene did that much damage..

She looks like... a 35 year old woman.

Always been pretty unremarkable looking. I would say she has aged like an average everday white woman.

In more discussion-worthy news; new Bourne was good? I imagine you can't go wrong with Damon reprising his role and Bourne and Paul Greengrass directing and co-writing. I love the Bourne series and plan to see it while still in theaters. Excellent series.

Claire Danes, at any age, has always had a mean face. Not annoyed mean, Nicole Brown-Simpson mean.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

She's always been suspect in many ways. Husky voice combined with manjaw.

I believe she's at least a hermaphrodite.

Quote: (07-30-2016 12:32 PM)Krivo Wrote:  

No, that was Erika Christensen:

[Image: 4c4c53111dd8a5359e5883bd6b1f6ec0.jpg]
[Image: erika_christensen.jpg]
I got owned. Oops.
And this girl hit the wall too. Droopy eyes make it worse.

They really did look similar when younger. Both had that round-shaped face.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

What a waste with Julia - she isn't really my type but when she was young she definitely pressed my buttons. Something about that small pouty mouth of hers. Anyway, had she kept a diet and taken care of herself she could be squarely in the pre-wall or wall survivor category. It's tragic when an actress can't even muster enough discipline to keep her ass in shape, irrespective of the fact that her career largely depends on it.

"The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."
– Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

Have you guys noticed that there is something inherently hot about slightly annoyed blonds?

[Image: julia-stiles-16.jpg]

[Image: poppy3.jpg]

[Image: 2489678-jeri+ryan+classic.jpg]

I don't know why it is, the archetypal ice queen. Can't be healthy, and yet, there it is.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

I think a lot of girls with so-so facial structure can be super hot when in that 17-22 age range, if they are not fat, just due to all the hormones in their system, giving their skin that glow. Basically: peak fertility years.

That's why people are supposed to get "tricked" into getting married when they are young.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Quote: (08-01-2016 11:43 AM)RexImperator Wrote:  

I think a lot of girls with so-so facial structure can be super hot when in that 17-22 age range, if they are not fat, just due to all the hormones in their system, giving their skin that glow. Basically: peak fertility years.

That's why people are supposed to get "tricked" into getting married when they are young.

I know a guy who married a hot blonde in her early 20's. She was pissed that all he wanted to do was bang, all the time with no let up. This is just one clue that set me to thinking that the age differential for marriage should much much larger. Young, tight, hot women get tired of being shagged 3 times a day every day. They would be much more satisfied with a 45 year old who is happy banging 3-4 times a week and savors every moment. Old cougars get off banging 20 year guys with dicks hard as steel.

She's hit the wall. But since she wasn't that great to begin with (not ugly, just very vanilla), the impact doesn't seem as evident.

She's also a raging liberal, very anti-Trump. WNB.

“….and we will win, and you will win, and we will keep on winning, and eventually you will say… we can’t take all of this winning, …please Mr. Trump …and I will say, NO, we will win, and we will keep on winning”.

- President Donald J. Trump