rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Americans: Check out Sports Authority

Hello American RVF goers:

If you are within 15 min of a sports authority go in and check it out now.

Why? If you haven't been following the news, sports authority is going out of business, and liquidation of merchandise in the Chicagoland area is around 30-50% on all merchandise.

If you are into sports, there is a ton of stuff on sale (Being a golfer, I stocked up on golf balls/golf shirt/golf shoes. 40-50% off everything).

If you are into lifting, there is a decent amount of stuff on sale. Big plus if you have a home gym, everything from workout chalk to barbells to cardio pieced are 30-50% off.

Shoes were also on sale, clothing, and a ton of other shit, so I would suggest stopping by. Especially if you have more idiosyncratic characteristics (13 size shoe and XL - XXL size shirt for me).

Every store is its own monster, so you might not find everything I mentioned. They are just selling all of their merchandise and closing when they do (no set closing date, differs by store). They are currently at that percentage off mentioned above, and might go lower depending.

Thought I might remind you all to save some cash on a lot of good shit they had there.

Too late man, Sports Authority and Sports Chalet have been pretty much cleaned out for weeks now.

If you're lucky you just might find a few things.

Quote: (07-13-2016 12:46 AM)kaotic Wrote:  

Too late man, Sports Authority and Sports Chalet have been pretty much cleaned out for weeks now.

If you're lucky you just might find a few things.

I went to two of those stores, both of which started having those sales at least three months ago. At first, it was a complete joke. Overpriced stuff was just 10% off or maybe a little more than that and a lot of the footwear was still full price. As the amount of the sale gradually increased, the stuff was cleared out of the stores. I probably went to the two stores a total of six or seven times and didn't end up buying anything. I never would have bet that Dick's would be going strong and Sports Authority would disappear.

Yeah I went there too early, and then too late.

Annoyingly, they split up the blocks of gymnastic chalk from packs of two to singles, and so effectively doubled the price, then had it slightly discounted by some percentage.

But doesn't matter...I found it cheaper at a rock climbing gear place.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Yeah I went to a store closing here in Denver a couple months ago and the only things they still had worth looking at were shoes and some outdoor sporting goods shit (rifle cases and hunting supplies etc.)

I'm curious what's going to happen with the football stadium here in Denver, because Mile High Stadium is branded Sports Authority Field.

We had a Sports Authority at Beltway Plaza in Greenbelt, MD, on the top level, when I was growing up. I went there sometimes.

It's long gone, as is all the other SAs in the DC area.

Quote: (07-13-2016 04:04 PM)eatthishomie Wrote:  

We had a Sports Authority at Beltway Plaza in Greenbelt, MD, on the top level, when I was growing up. I went there sometimes.

What's the deal with that pizza place in Beltway Plaza that is supposed to be the best in the world or something and all the University of Maryland students from New Jersey and New York supposedly flock there because it's so great? I went there once and it couldn't have been much worse.

What's the deal with that pizza place in Bestway Plaza that is supposed to be the best in the world or something and all the University of Maryland students from New Jersey and New York supposedly flock there because it's so great? I went there once and it couldn't have been much worse.

Three Brothers? I went there a good amount when I was a fatty who ate pizza regularly. It was good but not the greatest. That honor goes to Ledo's (the original in College Park not the chains).

Quote: (07-13-2016 05:19 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

What's the deal with that pizza place in Bestway Plaza that is supposed to be the best in the world or something and all the University of Maryland students from New Jersey and New York supposedly flock there because it's so great? I went there once and it couldn't have been much worse.

Recentish U of M grad from NJ/NY. You must be referring to Papa John's.

[attachment=32529]

Our local Sports Authority had their clear-out sale like three years ago. Now you gotta shop at a place called Dick's.

Quote: (07-14-2016 08:37 AM)Eddie Winslow Wrote:  

I was referring to Three Brothers. Someone actually recently opened a decent, but not great, place in the D.C. area, although not too close to College Park. The place will last, because I understand that the owner has really deep pockets and is mostly running it as a hobby, but I have serious doubts that the quality will last. In New Jersey, it would be on the low-average, or maybe even on the average, end. Here, it blows every other place out of the water.

Sports Authority was garbage to begin with, never carried any decent sports brands like Kappa, Fila, Diadora etc.

I went to the local one here and indeed they have the going out of business signs on the storefront. I wanted to see if they had tennis balls but apparently those were sold as well....

I stocked up on golf supplies, shoes, and apparel a few weeks ago at the Sports Authority in Vernon Hills before meeting up with a few Chicago members.

Sports Authority started dying years ago because of Dick's. I hadn't seen one in years and needed one last bargain before they went the way of Blockbuster.

Quote: (07-14-2016 02:22 PM) Wrote:  

I was referring to Three Brothers. Someone actually recently opened a decent, but not great, place in the D.C. area, although not too close to College Park. The place will last, because I understand that the owner has really deep pockets and is mostly running it as a hobby, but I have serious doubts that the quality will last. In New Jersey, it would be on the low-average, or maybe even on the average, end. Here, it blows every other place out of the water.

Merenguero, whats the name of the new pizza joint? Being from NY, I miss a good slice.

"To be underestimated, is an incredible gift." Rackham

Quote: (07-14-2016 10:52 PM)Chowder Head Wrote:  

Quote: (07-14-2016 02:22 PM) Wrote:  

Merenguero, whats the name of the new pizza joint? Being from NY, I miss a good slice.

I'll send you a P.M.