rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Which city to move to in Canada?

Well im finishing my graduate studies (Economics) in Montreal and I pretty much can't speak french. So I'm going to have to look for a job in an english speaking city, I'm Egyptian and got that Middle-Eastern look.

I was told that Toronto has alot of job opportunities but the men in the forum here seem to hate it when it comes to women. I'm a beginner at game so I think its not such a good option for me. I would like a city with decent job opportunities and a great nightlife (I'm more of a night person), any advice would be greatly appreciated.

None. I'm working on getting the fuck out ASAP.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

I don't have that option yet, I'm planning to leave in 3-5 years but for now I have to find a decent city here.

If not Montreal then Vancouver obviously.

Montreal's a great city to live in, but your going to struggle to find jobs. I'd suggest to pound the pavement right away, unless you want that PhD then start going for that.

Montreal is honestly pretty solid. Calgary is alright. Vancouver and Toronto are out of the question with the coming real estate bubbles. Nightlife wise, Montreal is one of the best in the country. I'd learn French if I were you. The grass isn't greener when you're in the best Canada has to offer.

I'm an Albertan, we still have a decent conservative community here, but we also let the NDP into office..

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

Well I really like Montreal, and I think the Quebec girls are hot as hell but it would take me a long time to have business level french and I need a decent job. I couldn't learn french since I have been here for less than a year and my studies took too much time and energy out of me.

I'm not Canadian but have been to every province and territory except Nunavut. Yellowknife is the coolest city in Canada but you may have to import your own woman lol.

I like Edmunton a lot but hope for oil to return before packing your bags.

Everyone likes Beijing I mean Vancouver but its expensive. You need a specialty. You studied economics but what can you do ?

Fort McMurray is toast so forget that.

People tend to forget about the rest of BC like Kamloops and Kelowna which are great.

Don't know why but I hate Ottawa.

If you have a car and some time and money I would get on the road and head west and explore before you decide.

Canadians are very provincial (get it, provincial [Image: banana.gif] ?) so get a twilio account and get a phone number in each of the area codes where you are applying for jobs, and forward to your cell, because they wont dial 438 to talk to you about a job in Vancouver.

Good luck.

Actually I have almost 2 years work exp in the oil fields as I'm a Petroleum Engineer, but I hated that career in Egypt so I'm looking for a career change with an Econ degree. I'm 25 if that info would be of any help. With an Econ degree I can pretty much work in any industry so thats great for me

You might want to check the posting history of Kosko since he broke down the differences between major Canadian cities many many times. The only advice that I can give you is that if you decide money is key, and you end up in
Toronto, have a monetary figure in your head, and once you reach it, bounce out of here! You can become stuck here without a plan.

Toronto women have a much deservedly terrible reputation.

Any man that has travelled and to other countries and experienced women in those places will find the overhead of dealing with women here to be a complete joke.

But I like the diversity of women here. Any nationality of women can be found in Toronto.

I think other than the lousy attitudes..... logistics and white Knighting from other guys are the biggest detriment to dating women here. If you're not moving to liberty village, St Lawrence Market, or the so called "entertainment district" (all of which can cost a arm and a leg to live in) then I definitely wouldn't bother with coming here for the women. I think these areas have the highest concentration of attractive young professional women.. And highest bitch shields.

Long gone are the days I remember when a woman in Toronto in the 90s would TTC it 45 mins or drive a hour to see a guy without even batting an eyelash.

The flakiness here for me is ridiculous in the suburbs....maybe it's just me, but how guys are getting steady lays from different women without online game in 905 or even with it I'll never know,lol. A car is mandatory in these areas.... and for a lot of these snobby broads the make and model has to be to their liking as well.

Of course living downtown with uber or living within walking distance can make a difference. Being from the 905 area can often be a big turn off to women downtown. Women here want everything convenient and at their fingertips in terms of a guy.... and with the amount of white Knights in Toronto.....theres no shortage of suitors.

So if I have a number from Montreal and apply for jobs in Vancouver, they wont call me? Because I'm very interested in Van.

the whole you need to be physically there is mostly for blue collar trades or oilfield related jobs. It helps on a resume to list that your living in vancouver and you have a local number, but I wouldn't want to sweat it too much. If your looking for professional jobs just tailor a resume and start sending it around. I would suggest going to industry meet ups in the niche of economics you want to work in. If you've got no contacts through professors or people you met at school, your shit out of luck and will need to respond to spamming resumes all over the country.

Okay thanks for all the advice

In Canada, it's Montreal or the Prairies (the Winippeg-Edmonton-Calgary triangle) or bust. If you can can do basic coding & stats in addition to econ and are willing to study up on the concepts and skills necessary for commodities markets, the triangle might be a realistic possibility. But you have to be willing to at least learn the basics of object oriented programming.

Here's what I recommend before settling down. Take a few trips to Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver. See which cities you like most. Test the nightlife out. I'd totally do that before settling down somewhere if gaming is important to you, which seems like it is.

The best spot, for me, is Halifax or St John. Somewhere East coast. You have surprisingly attractive friendly women. As a middle eastern guy you will have some exotic value as the area is 90% white.

I love having the exotic factor, experienced it in the States and Kazakhstan was awesome

I have a question, what are girls like in Vancouver? Easy?, tough?, friendly? DTF?

I'm going to step back and give you a higher level perspective: Have you applied for jobs yet?

I'd forget about the best city and focus on where the jobs are. If you are unemployed/underemployed it doesn't matter which city is the best for girls. You are pissing into the wind thinking about girls over employment.

Other people have mentioned already, get a local number. People will simply not talk to you unless you are local.

You have an MA/Msc in Econ, but do you bring any applicable skills? How do you interview(english ability)? Have any Canadian work experience? If you don't have at least 2 of the 3 above down, you might as well lube up and grab your ankles.

If you have some time before you grad, start doing co-ops and start pinging firms. While you can get hired right after grad, you will be coming in cold vs your peers who actively networked during their last semester.

I'm here to set your expectations: You need to be physically in front of people and talking to them. Canadian companies will not entertain remote onboarding unless they really want you, in which case you already have a job.

For the city itself given your background job-wise you really are looking at just Toronto. Montreal actually isn't too bad for your niche, but you will need some amazing connections if you don't speak French fluently. Vancouver isn't too bad but expect lower pay vs Toronto and less advancement opps if you stay in the city. You have an offchance in Calgary/Edmonton.

The women: Toronto - enough said.
Vancouver - pretty but cold.
Prairies/East Coast/Van Island - the best but worst jobs.

Actually I'm fluent in English you would think I'm American, I dont really have Econ related work experience but I worked as a Field engineer for a year and then moved to one of the Top American companies to work in their management/field work for almost a year.

I don't have canadian work experience but I can start from the bottom no problem. But you're right I should look for the best work opportunities but I was planning on moving west because I really cant stand the cold here. Another point I was just asking about how the women will be, I'm not moving there for the women since I'm in Montreal already which is considered here on the forums the best place to meet quality girls in Canada. thx for the tips

If you can't stand the cold in Montreal then forget the Prairies and just head straight to BC.

jj90 is right. Focus on a decent job in a career you want or are interested in. I still rule out Toronto because the beta energy of the city is sickening from both the lizards AND the males. If you are already in Montreal, are you not already dispensing your resume? I don't think that French is a must to live in Montreal. If you can get yourself a job as you are studying there, use the opportunity to get your French on fleek. Afterwards, you will have job mobility.

Regarding the temperature, cold is a part of Canada, get yourself a car or a really good goose down jacket and some thermals. Anywhere outside of BC is cutting and I hear that BC weather is constantly raining like Seattle or is that just Vancouver?

I loved Nova Scotia but I can't stand overcast weather so I couldn't make it happen there.

Bro, what about Saskatchewan or Manitoba? Lizards are sweet there.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Ive been living in Ottawa for about 3 months, and can say its a good city. Its reasonably priced, about 1.2 million ppl, and lots of attractive women. If you like white chicks, asian chicks, and middle eastern chicks youll enjoy yourself. Make sure you get yourself a place ckose to byward market.

Quote: (07-15-2016 10:00 PM)Kapostatus13 Wrote:  

Ive been living in Ottawa for about 3 months, and can say its a good city. Its reasonably priced, about 1.2 million ppl, and lots of attractive women. If you like white chicks, asian chicks, and middle eastern chicks youll enjoy yourself. Make sure you get yourself a place ckose to byward market.

Is being bilingual (French and English) necessary there to get a decent job? Or is being bilingual restricted for goverment positions?

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

I'd also recommend Montreal or Vancouver. Montreal has it's problems (women there are dominant, but at least they're highly sexual). Toronto however is suicide by cyanide capsule and firing squad. As well, a lot of that city's bitch disease (they ALL have degrees in Bitchology there) spill into sister cities along the Niagara region that may not be immediately noticeable unless you live here.

Take St. Catharines where I live, for example. It is a slow torture rack. About 45 minutes from Toronto, girls here have bitch shields at full strength. Walk into most any retail store and you'll see 50% have sleeve tats, dyed hair, and bad attitudes. Malls (Pen Centre) are filled with land-whales. Other cons:

- Most obese city in Canada, which would put it the top ten in North America (source: wiki).

- Highest unemployment rate in Canada. Leftists like our dyke premier, an Orville Redenbacher lookalike, have run off most big companies (Caterpillar, manufacturing jobs, John Deere, etc) so that no company wants to invest here.

- Many big box stores like BestBuy & The Source as well as banks hire 70% women. I walked into BestBuy the other day to look at Samsung s7 phones and most of the saleswomen couldn't tell me shit between the phones on a technical level, to say nothing about international hiccups. Same with the laptop department. I left shaking my head. Later I heard a manager from The Source brag about hiring only women.

- Activist feminist judges who divorce-rape men even though they may not make that much and do not have kids or own a house. I've seen this happen with guys who are too 'mouthy' about seeking happiness overseas. Here, if you are any measure of a Red Pill man, keep it to yourself until you get the hell out of Dodge. Don't tip off the judge or the soon-to-be-ex.