rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The cashless society thread

Sweden to go 100% cashless making it ILLEGAL to own physical money. Found this story through a comment on Roosh's blog that he linked through his twitter.
http://www.rooshv.com/how-a-small-cabal-...2771461444

Scary stuff here.

If this catches on in other countries, we will truly have no more control over our lives.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/sweden-cas...?r=US&IR=T

Quote:Quote:

People are hiding cash in their microwaves as Sweden gets closer to being the first cashless society with negative interest rates

Jim Edwards - Oct. 28, 2015,

Sweden is shaping up to be the first country to plunge its citizens into a fascinating — and terrifying — economic experiment: negative interest rates in a cashless society. The Swedish central bank, the Sveriges Riksbank, on Wednesday held its benchmark interest rate at -0.35%, the level it has been at since July. Though retail banks have yet to pass that negative rate on to Swedish consumers, they face increased pressure to do so as long as the rates remain where they are. That's a problem, because Sweden is the closest country on the planet to becoming an all-electronic cashless society. Remember, Sweden is the place where, if you use too much cash, banks call the police because they think you might be a terrorist or a criminal. Swedish banks have started removing cash ATMs from rural areas, annoying old people and farmers. Credit Suisse says the rule of thumb in Scandinavia is: "If you have to pay in cash, something is wrong."

If banks charge customers negative interest rates in a cashless society, those customers are not able to withdraw their money as cash to shield it under their putative mattresses. Consumers' only choice in such a scenario is to spend it or let the bank take it. (The theory is that by forcing people to spend cash rather than save it, you can spur economic growth.)

Rather than going further into negative territory — a move that carries political risks the more negative it becomes — the Riksbank chose instead to do another round of quantitative easing (a forced bond-buying program that flushes more cash from the central bank into the economy). But the pressure for negative interest rates to drive cash out of bank deposits and into the economy is building. Switzerland, for instance, has negative central-policy rates that cost its banks $1 billion a year. Those costs haven't yet been passed down to consumers. But how much longer will banks eat that before adding fees and charges to Swiss accounts to defray the cost? We reported at the weekend how central bankers and investment-bank analysts are increasingly discussing when this might happen. And Tuesday, Italy sold a two-year bond at an interest rate of -0.023%, which means investors have to pay to lend Italy money rather than receive interest on their loans. (Why would you buy such a bond? Well, if you believe that you'll get even worse terms in the future from other creditors — hello, Sweden! — then suddenly -0.023% starts to look pretty good.)

So two trends are converging on Sweden at the same time:
•Sweden is using less and less cash.
•Sweden is an environment of negative interest rates.

And that means many Swedes have no way to "hide" their money.

So Sweden may become the first country whose citizens may have to accept negative interest rates (probably in the form of higher bank charges or fees) or be forced to spend their money to "save" it from those rates. A resistance is forming, and some people are protesting the impending extinction of cash. Björn Eriksson, former head of Sweden's national police and now head of Säkerhetsbranschen, a lobbying group for the security industry, told The Local, "I've heard of people keeping cash in their microwaves because banks won't accept it."

True story:

I make money abroad and sent my money back using Western Union. I file my taxes every year with the US govt, everything is done correctly.

This year I tried to send some money home and was notified US Govt has put me on the Anti-Money Laundering Black List and that I cant send money using Western Union any more.

Sending money through banks in China is insane bullshit level annoying, wasting hours, days even of paperwork and getting shit stamped and double checked. Plus my job doesn't even want to help me because of all the work for them, too.

US Govt is going that way as well. Elites want control.

Quote: (07-08-2016 09:59 AM)Mercenary Wrote:  

Found this story through a comment on Roosh's blog that he linked through his twitter.
http://www.rooshv.com/how-a-small-cabal-...2771461444

Scary stuff here.

If this catches on in other countries, we will truly have no more control over our lives.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/sweden-cas...?r=US&IR=T

Quote:Quote:

People are hiding cash in their microwaves as Sweden gets closer to being the first cashless society with negative interest rates

Jim Edwards - Oct. 28, 2015,

Sweden is shaping up to be the first country to plunge its citizens into a fascinating — and terrifying — economic experiment: negative interest rates in a cashless society. The Swedish central bank, the Sveriges Riksbank, on Wednesday held its benchmark interest rate at -0.35%, the level it has been at since July. Though retail banks have yet to pass that negative rate on to Swedish consumers, they face increased pressure to do so as long as the rates remain where they are. That's a problem, because Sweden is the closest country on the planet to becoming an all-electronic cashless society. Remember, Sweden is the place where, if you use too much cash, banks call the police because they think you might be a terrorist or a criminal. Swedish banks have started removing cash ATMs from rural areas, annoying old people and farmers. Credit Suisse says the rule of thumb in Scandinavia is: "If you have to pay in cash, something is wrong."

If banks charge customers negative interest rates in a cashless society, those customers are not able to withdraw their money as cash to shield it under their putative mattresses. Consumers' only choice in such a scenario is to spend it or let the bank take it. (The theory is that by forcing people to spend cash rather than save it, you can spur economic growth.)

Rather than going further into negative territory — a move that carries political risks the more negative it becomes — the Riksbank chose instead to do another round of quantitative easing (a forced bond-buying program that flushes more cash from the central bank into the economy). But the pressure for negative interest rates to drive cash out of bank deposits and into the economy is building. Switzerland, for instance, has negative central-policy rates that cost its banks $1 billion a year. Those costs haven't yet been passed down to consumers. But how much longer will banks eat that before adding fees and charges to Swiss accounts to defray the cost? We reported at the weekend how central bankers and investment-bank analysts are increasingly discussing when this might happen. And Tuesday, Italy sold a two-year bond at an interest rate of -0.023%, which means investors have to pay to lend Italy money rather than receive interest on their loans. (Why would you buy such a bond? Well, if you believe that you'll get even worse terms in the future from other creditors — hello, Sweden! — then suddenly -0.023% starts to look pretty good.)

So two trends are converging on Sweden at the same time:
•Sweden is using less and less cash.
•Sweden is an environment of negative interest rates.

And that means many Swedes have no way to "hide" their money.

So Sweden may become the first country whose citizens may have to accept negative interest rates (probably in the form of higher bank charges or fees) or be forced to spend their money to "save" it from those rates. A resistance is forming, and some people are protesting the impending extinction of cash. Björn Eriksson, former head of Sweden's national police and now head of Säkerhetsbranschen, a lobbying group for the security industry, told The Local, "I've heard of people keeping cash in their microwaves because banks won't accept it."

Extremely interesting in light of the fact that when you deposit money in a bank you are in fact LOANING money to the bank, with the expectation that you can utilize it whenever you wish. By moving to cash-free, you will have zero ability to store actual money safely. Another blow to the goyim.

The experiment continues.

Before people start going crazy, Sweden has always been a testing ground.

The liberal sexual movement was started there in the 50s.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Is Sweden being used as an experiment by the elites? They are the craziest nation in Europe at the moment, on all fronts.

Timely for me. I was in a coffee shop in Stockholm today, just aŕrived, and ordered a coffee. Girl rang it up and I offered cash. She said "we only take cards."

I said, "I guess we are not doing business then" and walked out.

Starbucks took cash.

Fortunately, we will never get to the point where the globalist scum can force you to place all the fruits of your accumulated labor into their imaginary electronic baskets where it can all go "poof" at any second.

Physical things have value. Whether it is precious metals, property, land, or scrap metal, you will always have the ability to store your wealth in the form of physical objects. They can only go so far towards banning the ownership of physical goods because that would cause the overnight collapse of the whole fiat monetary system that enriches them.

Will it be as convenient as cash? No, it won't. And most people are either too asset poor to even give a shit or too lazy to jump through the hoops, but we don't have to be most people, if it comes to that.

This is the kind of policy that will make digital currency like Bitcoin more legitimate. It's naive to imagine any human society where some sort of illegal trade isn't happening. If you can't do it with cash, and certainly you won't do it with easily trackable credit cards, digital currencies are the logical option.

It was just a matter of time. The financial system is done and this is the only way to avoid a bank run. For the average citizen this means that all of his money is already confiscated.

With God's help, I'll conquer this terrible affliction.

By way of deception, thou shalt game women.

Diaboli virtus in lumbar est -The Devil's virtue is in his loins.

Quote: (07-08-2016 10:20 AM)Fast Eddie Wrote:  

Fortunately, we will never get to the point where the globalist scum can force you to place all the fruits of your accumulated labor into their imaginary electronic baskets where it can all go "poof" at any second.

Physical things have value. Whether it is precious metals, property, land, or scrap metal, you will always have the ability to store your wealth in the form of physical objects. They can only go so far towards banning the ownership of physical goods because that would cause the overnight collapse of the whole fiat monetary system that enriches them.

Will it be as convenient as cash? No, it won't. And most people are either too asset poor to even give a shit or too lazy to jump through the hoops, but we don't have to be most people, if it comes to that.

How will you pay for something you need at a moment's notice, like plane trip out of the country ?
Silver spoons and gold rings ?

And how will people pay you for goods or services you are providing ?
Picasso drawings and Rodin sculptures ?

Quote: (07-08-2016 10:25 AM)yeppels Wrote:  

This is the kind of policy that will make digital currency like Bitcoin more legitimate. It's naive to imagine any human society where some sort of illegal trade isn't happening. If you can't do it with cash, and certainly you won't do it with easily trackable credit cards, digital currencies are the logical option.

This is highly risky....if the internet ever stops working (even just for a few days) - you're fucked.

Fast Eddie and Luvianka get it, we are on the last lap.

Cashless society anyone!

Sweden today, your town tomorrow.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Using gold,silver,bitcoin etc...will always be an option.

I find it interesting that gold at least in Europe is not taxed, only silver. I suppose gold never be taxed as elite like to use i as well. Keep this in mind.

Deus vult!

Incredible. So you import hundreds of thousands of people who are experts in running underground black markets, you give them a protected minority status, and then you give them the biggest peach of all. An onerous monetary system that hands them a massive market on a silver platter.

This may be the bridge too far. It's been proven that the tighter government regulation gets, the larger the black market grows.

This smacks entirely of leftist desperation to move the agenda up before right wing nationalist parties get into power. I predict they'll destroy as much currency as possible as quickly as they can, and they'll melt down the currency presses at the same time so that an incoming nationalist government would be unable to easily set back the clock.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Quote: (07-08-2016 10:31 AM)Mercenary Wrote:  

Quote: (07-08-2016 10:20 AM)Fast Eddie Wrote:  

How will you pay for something you need at a moment's notice, like plane trip out of the country ?
Silver spoons and gold rings ?

And how will people pay you for goods or services you are providing ?
Picasso drawings and Rodin sculptures ?

You will use credit cards like everyone else for everyday transactions. My point is, if you have $500k in savings, you can keep $450k in the form of physical property and put $50k as liquid spending money in the bank. The chief thing I was trying to get across in my post is that even if the globalists can force through a "cashless" society, that still doesn't mean they will be able to control all or even most of your assets.

Quote: (07-08-2016 10:41 AM)Fast Eddie Wrote:  

You will use credit cards like everyone else for everyday transactions. My point is, if you have $500k in savings, you can keep $450k in the form of physical property and put $50k as liquid spending money in the bank. The chief thing I was trying to get across in my post is that even if the globalists can force through a "cashless" society, that still doesn't mean they will be able to control all or even most of your assets.

They can definitely control what is or isn't allowed to be bought if you can only use a card to pay for things.

Want to buy a firearm ? - card suddenly doesn't work and also flags you on their system....all funds immediately blocked pending "investigation".

What we're looking at here is heavily dependant on whether the government is going to simply get rid of cash or whether they are literally going to go full retard and outlaw any form of trade that isn't government-electronic. In the case of the former people are simply going to do as Fast Eddie says. In the case of the latter they will truly be entering into a full blown tyranny.

It will be important to find as many instances of this being an epic suckfest and distribute those stories far and wide, so that when one of our governments tries to foist this on us there will be more pushback from the average citizen.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Quote: (07-08-2016 10:47 AM)Mercenary Wrote:  

They can definitely control what is or isn't allowed to be bought if you can only use a card to pay for things.

Want to buy a firearm ? - card suddenly doesn't work and also flags you on their system....all funds immediately blocked pending "investigation".

All right man, but now you're conflating two separate issues, cashless society and making certain things illegal. Those are not related. You can "ban" guns without a cashless society, and likewise, creating a cashless society will not help you ban guns. If guns are illegal in a cashless society they will be bartered for with physical objects that are not illegal and can then be converted back to globalist approved electrons.

This is just the fundamental reality of the world. The elites are powerful, but they cannot control the day to day exchange of products and services between individuals. They are the corrupt stewards of our currently still functioning fiat monetary system and profit massively from their privileged position. But there is nothing as fragile as fiat monetary systems, since they are backed by nothing except the masses' confidence in said systems. If the elites fuck with it too much, the system will collapse and people will go back to other means of exchange outside of the elites' control. The last thing the elites want is to lose their ability to leech off the masses.

Quote: (07-08-2016 10:47 AM)Mercenary Wrote:  

This is a big issue. You can literally be made homeless and destitute at the push of a button.

"Take the issue up with us at the review office in the next city over".
......"But I have no means to get there".
"Well you should have thought of that before you were caught trying to buy a Trump hat on ebay."
[Image: undecided.gif]

As for the suggestion that they would have to make certain things against the law to buy, it isn't so. The bureaucracy filled with SJW cat ladies will simply be given the ability to see-something, flag-something.

That kind of power doesn't breed responsible application. Quite the opposite.

Bah. p.p.s Try getting your wealth out of the country if you choose to leave. Quimby's "leaving town tax" will seem like chump change.

Part of what fast tracked this has been the amount of migrants who poured over the border in the last while. They are being scooped up as cash worker day labour.

I read somewhere that Sweden lost out on $6 billion in taxes last year due to the black market.

The sad thing is that this will only hurt normal hard working Swedes -most of whom don't use cash anyways. All the newcomers come from cultures where they only deal in cash.

Again it seems Sweden is willing to fuck over its own people to try and passively aggressively stop the growing black market. Of course looking at the true underlying issue is 'racist', so carry on and good luck sverige.

Look if Sweden takes everything in the ass without question, they really deserve it.... If the fight is that out of them...Its sad but none can help them, they have to help themselves.

Deus vult!

Quote: (07-08-2016 10:53 AM)Fast Eddie Wrote:  

All right man, but now you're conflating two separate issues, cashless society and making certain things illegal. Those are not related. You can "ban" guns without a cashless society, and likewise, creating a cashless society will not help you ban guns. If guns are illegal in a cashless society they will be bartered for with physical objects that are not illegal and can then be converted back to globalist approved electrons.

This a recipe for a HUGE underground black market based on bartering illegal and legal "things" back and forth.

This is the disastrous situation you have now in those countries where their currencies have become worthless.

Quote: (07-08-2016 10:53 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

This is a big issue. You can literally be made homeless and destitute at the push of a button.

"Take the issue up with us at the review office in the next city over".
......"But I have no means to get there".
"Well you should have thought of that before you were caught trying to buy a Trump hat on ebay."
[Image: undecided.gif]

Something else as well...under this system, no one, not even your closest friends or family, will be able to lend or give you money if your accounts & cards are blocked.

In fact, giving you money would put them into trouble as well.

OK, guys, enough talking, let's go to actions:
1. Find a way to get 95% of your money out of your bank accounts. Many of you will find the ugly surprise that even withdrawing $5,000 can be a mess or even illegal.
2. Keep that money in a place you only know.
3. Buy all you need to survive for at least three months.
4. Buy and hoard some valuable stuff for barter once the shit hits the fan, you know, cigars, lighters, alcohol, disposable razors, gasoline, ammo.
5. Be ready to practice and enjoy some Armagedon game. You know... During the Balkans war, hot women were giving head just for a cigar... And similar stuff.

With God's help, I'll conquer this terrible affliction.

By way of deception, thou shalt game women.

Diaboli virtus in lumbar est -The Devil's virtue is in his loins.

Quote: (07-08-2016 10:04 AM)ball dont lie Wrote:  

True story:

I make money abroad and sent my money back using Western Union. I file my taxes every year with the US govt, everything is done correctly.

This year I tried to send some money home and was notified US Govt has put me on the Anti-Money Laundering Black List and that I cant send money using Western Union any more.

Sending money through banks in China is insane bullshit level annoying, wasting hours, days even of paperwork and getting shit stamped and double checked. Plus my job doesn't even want to help me because of all the work for them, too.

US Govt is going that way as well. Elites want control.

You might want to look into using bitcoin, sounds like it could be down your alley. If bank transfers have become that difficult, probably no harder to use bitcoins. Seem popular in China too:
http://www.wsj.com/articles/china-buying...1464608221

If ya'll are thinking precious metals and bitcoin will save you from the cashless society, think again. They'll heavily regulate precious metals dealers and most likely outlaw all bitcoin marketplaces.

Bitcoin is only useful if there are marketplaces that easily allow its transfer. The second the official ones go the price will collapse. Not to mention, the peer to peer market places where folks can trade btc for cash will probably be filled with honey pots designed to catch traders. Watch operating outside of the system become a crime!

Another mark of the end of times.