rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Late 20s, look like I'm early 20s. Play this up?

I started college late, dropped out partway through, and then came back to finish - and now I'm in my late 20s and will be 30 in 2018. I'm happy to almost be done with this stage of my life, but I feel like I wasted much of this decade drifting aimlessly and partying.

I finally got my shit together and began eating right/exercising religiously about a year ago. The benefits of looking better aside - I look about six to eight years younger than I actually am.

Should I just avoid mentioning how old I am altogether?

Delete

I look young for my age and I play it up quite a bit. I'm 27, but people routinely say I look between 18-22. If a girl asks how old you look, just tell her to guess. If she goes with something much younger, say "yeah, let's go with that", or make up something ridiculous. Looking young is great, feel fortunate.

Im mid 30's but I pass for mid 20's. I first put 25 on my online profiles and no one seemed to bat an eye, but when I put my real age I did notice an increase in both responses and numbers even from the early 20's crowd which is my target demographic. So in my experience leveraging youthful appearance with with the station of a more experienced man has been the better move. This is on OKC and Tinder. So you could try both and see what works best. In person I always try and keep it vague and comedic. I was out with a chick last night and I got carded and she did not even though she is younger than me, spun that hamster right up.

Quote: (06-24-2016 04:53 PM)captain_shane Wrote:  

I look young for my age and I play it up quite a bit. I'm 27, but people routinely say I look between 18-22. If a girl asks how old you look, just tell her to guess. If she goes with something much younger, say "yeah, let's go with that", or make up something ridiculous. Looking young is great, feel fortunate.

I'm in my 40s but pass for late 30.
I use the same line.

Great minds think alike.

"I love a fulfilling and sexual relationship. That is why I make the effort to have many of those" - TheMaleBrain
"Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb." - Spaceballs
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

I play down 10 years when attending college bars, play up 5 in any other occasion. Can pull it of with facial hair and different hair style / clothing. And thanks to good genetics.

You'll come across as insecure if you exaggerate by more than a few years. I don't think anyone in their late 20's is passable for an undergrad student. Unless you're mid 30's it's totally unnecessary to risk it.

I'm a couple of years older than you. I don't see why you have to lie about your age at all. You are in your late 20s, not 60. You are not old. Why lie about your age? If anything, you are at an advantage. Women like "older men that age well".

When I was just starting with game at 24, 25, I would lose out on dates since a lot of women thought I was older than I actually was and once they learned my real age, they lost interest.

Since you are getting older, less and less women are going to reject you for your age. If anything, you will get preferred because of your age. Women in their late 20, early 30s will be more open to you and so will women in their late teens, early 20s. When dealing with young women, present yourself as the older, mature guy that has his shit together. It'll make you stand out compared to the guys they normally deal with. I normally dress business casual or a full suit when approaching younger women and they just assume that I am a confident guy. I don't see why you need to lie about your age. In fact, you should embrace it.

Late twenties is way too early to start lying about your age. You start that when you are about to turn 30. I was 29 for ten years until I was 39, Only then did I finally turn "thirty". Got it?

Yeah, way too early to start lying. If a girl misses my age by several years I may not correct her but most younger girls love older dudes.

I wouldn't lie when in your 20s... When you are 35+ and are gaming 18-19 year olds is when you sometimes want to say you are 29... Depending on the country.

Quote: (06-24-2016 04:47 PM)stugatz Wrote:  

I started college late, dropped out partway through, and then came back to finish - and now I'm in my late 20s and will be 30 in 2018. I'm happy to almost be done with this stage of my life, but I feel like I wasted much of this decade drifting aimlessly and partying.

I finally got my shit together and began eating right/exercising religiously about a year ago. The benefits of looking better aside - I look about six to eight years younger than I actually am.

Should I just avoid mentioning how old I am altogether?

I'm in pretty much the same boat dude. Just hit on the girls you want to hit on whether it's 18 year olds, 25 year olds or older than that. If they ask your age, make it fun and have them guess. If they're young, joke and tell them they're too immature for you.

Just don't ever apologize for your age or become uncomfortable when the topic is brought up. "Of course I like younger girls, you guys are way more fun and are way less drama".