rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Helsinki and Baltics in late August/early September

Hello everyone-

Long time reader/first time poster. I willl be flying into Helsinki and staying in the region from August 26 to September 5 (9 full days). I'm looking forward to seeing if Finnish girls are as aggressive and easy as I've heard. I appreciate all of the information that other posters have shared in the past, and would like to dig a little deeper into a few subjects:

- Any recommendations on hotels/nightlife in Helsinki? It seems like you can rent an apartment for several days in the city center much more cheaply than a hotel.

- Any good websites to pipeline before the trip, or is that not necessary?

- Is 9 days in Helsinki too long? If I'm pretty good looking, well-dressed, and approach competently, should I have my evenings filled, even on Sunday-Tuesday?

- And if that's not likely to be true, I am thinking of taking a detour to Tallinn or Riga, say Sunday-Tuesday (no more than 3 days) and then coming back to Helsinki for the next weekend. Is anything likely to happen in Tallinn/Riga early in the week if I'm just staying for a few days, or is it better to stay in one city for most of the time?

-Does anyone have any experiences with the Dancing Eesti hostel? It's been recommended here, though most posters suggest getting a hotel/apartment for hookups.

Thanks for all responses.

Quote: (07-25-2011 06:55 PM)Arbiter Elegantiae Wrote:  

I'm looking forward to seeing if Finnish girls are as aggressive and easy as I've heard. I appreciate all of the information that other posters have shared in the past, and would like to dig a little deeper into a few subjects:

They are if you are foreigner. Speak English and be direct, they get wet. Easy logistics is major plus.

- Any recommendations on hotels/nightlife in Helsinki?

For nightlife

Apollo Night Club

+24yo good looking girls (and guys), live music during weekends, very popular, usually entrance fee around 10€, location in city center, my top 1

The Circus

+24yo from ugly to gorgeous girls, dj's playing music, popular too, entrance fee around 8€, location in city center, my top 2

The Tiger

+22yo, definately best looking girls here, dj's playing music, popular among immigrants/tourists, fee 9€, near city center, most european style club, my top 3

Jenny Woo

+20yo, alternative girls/hippy girls go here, looks vary, usually dj's occasionally live music, no idea of fee, near city center, my top 9

Alternatives: Kaarle XII (for 30+), Lady Moon (for single moms), Millionaires Club (very easy Finnish girls), Huuma (girls in 20s), Fever (in 20s) etc. All clubs are pretty full during weekends, during week you should pretty much ask from doorman are there any people. I would recommend Circus from Monday to Wednesday, Kaarle XII is very popular on Thursdays.

Dont know so much about hotels, maybe Omena?

Check out nightclub web sites. Some dating sites to book dates (suomi24.fi, city.fi, iskuri.net).

- Is 9 days in Helsinki too long? If I'm pretty good looking, well-dressed, and approach competently, should I have my evenings filled, even on Sunday-Tuesday?

I think it is great idea to visit Tallinn during your trip - not so much to see in Helsinki (apart fucking Finnish girls).

Hello everyone-

Long time reader/first time poster. I willl be flying into Helsinki and staying in the region from August 26 to September 5 (9 full days). I'm looking forward to seeing if Finnish girls are as aggressive and easy as I've heard. I appreciate all of the information that other posters have shared in the past, and would like to dig a little deeper into a few subjects:

- Any recommendations on hotels/nightlife in Helsinki? It seems like you can rent an apartment for several days in the city center much more cheaply than a hotel.

- And if that's not likely to be true, I am thinking of taking a detour to Tallinn or Riga, say Sunday-Tuesday (no more than 3 days) and then coming back to Helsinki for the next weekend. Is anything likely to happen in Tallinn/Riga early in the week if I'm just staying for a few days, or is it better to stay in one city for most of the time?

-Does anyone have any experiences with the Dancing Eesti hostel? It's been recommended here, though most posters suggest getting a hotel/apartment for hookups.

Thanks for all responses.

I can definitely recommend the Dancing Eesti hostel man. It's by far the cheapest one and it's been recently renovated with a new bar, pool table etc. The owner Deniz is really cool and he won't give your problems if you bring girls over, unlike other hostels which are pretty strict about that.

It's a bit pricier these days than when I went in March but it's a solid deal, extremely close to 2 bars known for being frequented by horny Estonian chicks. The bars are of course Shooters and the "no name" bar.

Tallinn Backpackers is another decent hostel but a bit out of the centre and staff were a bit rude to me when I dropped in to check it out. You'll definitely have difficulty with bringing chicks there because they're very tight about you not bringing guests back.

Go for Dancing Eesti, bring girls back from the 2 aforementioned bars literally across the street(no logistical hurdle), watch some digital Tv and have a few afterparty drinks with them if you want and then fuck their brains out in one of the bathrooms.

Thanks, everyone. This is exactly the kind of information I'm looking for.

Between Helsinki and Tallinn, where should I be on Sunday through Wednesday? Is it fruitful to go out to bars/clubs on those nights to pick up?

i never been to helsinki but i was in tallinn about a year ago and club hollywood and no name that flashbang was talking about is full of hot girls

Well, I've been in Helsinki for a couple of days I'm not feeling what everyone is saying about Finnish girls being aggressive and sexual. No one makes eye contact, and so it is hard to guage interest. I understand that this is a Finnish trait, but then how do all the hookups happen? Anyone who is from here- what is your approach like? I see girls in clubs dancing in a group and then the guys are in other groups and few people mingle- at least that's what I've seen so far. It's just like in America. How do I break into a group if no one gives eye contact?

Quote: (08-28-2011 06:31 AM)Arbiter Elegantiae Wrote:  

Well, I've been in Helsinki for a couple of days I'm not feeling what everyone is saying about Finnish girls being aggressive and sexual. No one makes eye contact, and so it is hard to guage interest. I understand that this is a Finnish trait, but then how do all the hookups happen? Anyone who is from here- what is your approach like? I see girls in clubs dancing in a group and then the guys are in other groups and few people mingle- at least that's what I've seen so far. It's just like in America. How do I break into a group if no one gives eye contact?

Don't hang back..if you see something you like ,go say Hello.I think you said you're only there for a few days...make the most of it,don't wait to be engaged,take the initiative.
Life ain't a dress rehearsal! [Image: smile.gif]

Let us know how you get on....now that you're making the contacts!!

Can someone break down reasonably affordable non-hostel accommodations in Helsinki?

Quote: (09-01-2011 08:27 PM)Eldon Wrote:  

Can someone break down reasonably affordable non-hostel accommodations in Helsinki?

I would like to know this too

Or a decent private apt.

I'm renting an apartment in the city center for about $100 per night. The logistics are perfect and I think that this price is about as good as you are going to find in Helsinki. There is a company called CityKoti (http://www.citykoti.com) that specializes in renting apartments in the city center to tourists and business travellers.

By the way, got my flag on Day 5 here (3rd day of going out). I just needed to get my bearings. I'll write up a trip report when I get back home.

Got another flag. The level of debauchery in this city is truly world-class.

Quote: (09-03-2011 07:55 AM)Arbiter Elegantiae Wrote:  

Nice, congrats on the good work. I have a friend who is half-Finish and we're thinking of planning a trip to Helsinki, Estonia, and possibly Sweden for next summer.

A trip report/data sheet would be much appreciated! Especially if you can break down the scene, social dynamics, what kind of game to run, logistics, etc.

"The level of debauchery in this city is truly world-class." Expand on this please.

Any thoughts on how much time to spend in Helsinki, did you make it to Estonia (impressions/?), how would you rate the women as far as looks and ease of hooking up?

I've got a bunch more questions and would love to pick your brain at some point. Thanks for any possible info, advice, insight, etc...

I'd second Kaarle as a good nightclub for meeting women. I brought home a woman who turned out to be married.

But I found the women in the Baltics to be hotter than those in Helsinki. Tallinn, Riga, Vilnius - all crawling with hotties. Plenty of Russians in Tallinn and Riga as well.

Glad it's working out.
So,you started approaching girls?
Or did they make moves?
What's the quality like?

Quote: (09-03-2011 07:55 AM)Arbiter Elegantiae Wrote:  

You can't make a statement like that and leave it at that. A serious explanation is necessary, bro. Let's hear all about it.

Arbiter- A friend of mine just got back from Helsinki recently from a music festival. He said the Finnish girls were into the metal/goth/punk look. Did you seen any of that? He might have been to specific venues, having a local contact.

Edit-He said the women there couldn't hold a candle to Estonian chicks.LOL. Then again, many girls don't.

Would love to hear you tips of where you went/approach. I'm heading to Helsinki this weekend and would really appreciate some tips of the places you went to. Thanks!

I still plan to write a trip report; however, I haven’t yet had time. I did want to answer some questions quickly:

-The goth look is relatively common in Helsinki. I’d say 1 out of 5 people under the age of 30 wear it, but you don’t see a lot of “wasted talent”. They tend to be in the ~30% of the population that is overweight.

-Speaking of which, I found the talent breakdown in Helsinki to be much like that in any major American city: 2/10 hot, 3-4/10 cute/bangable, and 3-4/10 overweight/unattractive. There are definitely plenty of attractive women there, but during the day they keep their heads down and walk around with the thousand yard stare like in any big city. If you want to get laid, focus on the nightclubs- Finnish girls get wasted at night and then become much more pliable.

-I only went to Estonia for a day and was scared out of trying to game there by some trip reports on this forum. Also, I hadn’t yet gotten my first flag and didn’t want to waste any nights in a less than fertile location. On the Monday that I went, the entire city was flooded with Spanish, German, Finnish, and Russian tourists. The only Estonians that I saw worked in the restaurants and tourist shops and I got the impression that they were sick of tourists. I believe my decision to focus on Helsinki was the correct one. Also, Helsinki is a VERY cosmopolitan city- I think that other trip reports have failed to mention this. No more than 6 out of 10 people there are Finns. There are a lot of African, Asians, and Southern Europeans. No matter your look, you will not stand out very much here. That said, if you approach at night you will be rewarded.

-Kaarle gets very crowded on Thursdays and is a popular spot. I don’t doubt that plenty of hookups occur here, but when I went it was so crowded that all you could focus on was avoiding being pushed around (which Finns, male and female alike, do a lot when they’re drunk). The vibe that I got when I went here was that it was a more American-style see-and-be-seen place rather than a place where people go who are open to being picked up. Still, I got a makeout here within my first 2 minutes of stepping onto the dance floor. There was not a night that I went out here that I did not get at least one makeout and grind session.

-Both of my lays came from Milliklubi (“Millionaire’s Club”). It is in the center of the city and is best on Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday. Tuesday is just as crazy as on the weekend, with service industry girls doing shots until the place closes at 4 AM and then going back to their apartments to do more shots until collapsing in a drunken post-coital heap at 7 in the morning. My lays here came on Tuesday and Friday. More details later, such as the breast-enhancement plastic surgery nurse who broke out a bronze dildo from her living room cabinet to pass around while doing shots of a strawberry liqueur from a bottle shaped like a Greek fertility god with an oversized phallus. You really can’t make this stuff up….

Remember you are there for x amount of days, I assuming you will not return anytime soon - so make the most of it. Those people are not going to see you again, unless you want to see them.

On a side note, I have been reading alot of good stuff about Helsinski being a top place to live etc. Do you see it as a place you could ever live?

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

What were the nationalities of your flags?

Place to live? Probably not. It is very expensive and not a good value at all. I believ both flags were Finnish, but one girl had a Swedish last name (Aberg, with a little circle over the A), so maybe I could claim two! For all I know, she could have been Swedish.

Is there any interest from anyone in another Helsinki trip report? My impressions were not much different from what has been stated on this forum before, and of course I had my specific observations/details, etc. If anyone has any particular questions, feel free to ask.

Yes a Helsinki trip report would be dope. Also, if you could break down how you ran your game there and how you met/closed the women you banged that would be cool.