rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The insanity of "bulking"

Before

[Image: kja5lot.jpg]

[Image: GBZXzVN.jpg]

After

[Image: 05gXxrN.jpg]

[Image: Npzz9IC.jpg]

[Image: tInunT9.jpg]

Brutal. His body refused to turn his calories and exertion into LBM. Why? Because it wasn't in his blueprint. His wrists tell the entire story: his gracile frame HATES muscle, all it wants is FAT.

I never understand things like this. If you start getting excessively fat, stop eating so much. That simple. These people let it spiral out of control.

I like what Lyle McDonald says. Bulk until you get a little squishy then do a mini cut. Then start bulking again.

You can't force feed muscle growth and these people only do this to themselves.

I also hate the emphasis placed on bodyweight in the bb communities. Who care if you're getting heavier? The mirror is all matters. Muscle growth is painfully slow and these large jumps in weight are useless at best.

The floor-lit Kickass poster on the wall enshrined by the collection of DVD and videogame containers tell the real story.

two scoops
two genders
two terms

So skinny kid goes on a 5 rep journey through a dumpster full of Ben and Jerry's and wonders why he came out fat on the other side?

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Troll post. That guy did not bulk. Probably sat in his house all day playing video games and eating fast food.

I viewed the OP's other posts to see if they were as useless as this thread he started, they are..... I'm expecting a ban soon.

Quote: (06-14-2016 06:27 PM)leanmeansexmachine Wrote:  

Troll post. That guy did not bulk. Probably sat in his house all day playing video games and eating fast food.

He followed Starting Strength

Quote: (06-14-2016 06:41 PM)InfraOrbital Wrote:  

Quote: (06-14-2016 06:27 PM)leanmeansexmachine Wrote:  

He followed Starting Strength

Then he did not start very well. My guess is you are the guy in the picture, so my advice to you is to eat alot of lean beef and lift heavy weights.

Doesn't take a genius to figure out that over eating by 1,000-2,000 calories a day isn't a good idea for 99% of people. I never did full Gomad during SS (just added two 500 cal protein shakes to my daily intake) and grew enough.

Furthermore, SS is a strength building routine, so I wouldn't expect huge amounts of muscle from it unless you are a stone cold newb.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Obvious troll thread.

But for anyone wanting real information, this podcast by Mike and Jay is the best out there regarding building muscle without gaining fat.

https://soundcloud.com/dangerandplay/how...-pounds-of

I like their idea that there is no such thing as bulking or cutting. Everyone should be in the long-term game of losing fat and adding muscle.

Yeah this is bs - dude is just plain fat and sloppy looking - he should take a look in the mirror and take ownership of that. On top of that, seems like he used to be an ok looking guy and in ok shape - he should have capitalized on that by continuing to eat clean and working heavy lifts (dls, squats, etc). Instead looks like he just fucking ate nonstop lard and, alas, turned into a lard.

I really hope this isn't an attempt to embarrass some guy by posting his photos on here trying to get us to make fun of him.

I don't understand the 2 or so posters above claiming Troll Post. Are they claiming these pics are fake or something? Or are they in denial about their own high bodyfat %? Who knows. Either way this is to be a stark lesson to new lifters, don't go insane with calorie surplus otherwise be ready for all kinds of Blubber Gains

The problem most people have with bulking is they have unrealistic expectations on how long it truly takes to build lean muscle and how disciplined you have to be. Whether it's from frauds in the industry looking to push whatever product or from random broscience on the internet doesn't matter. All that matters is these guys have unrealistic goals.

If that guy wanted great progress it probably would have taken years to get where he wanted. Now all he can do is cut slowly and try to lose as little of muscle as possible than start a slow process of bulking again and bulking correctly.

Quote:Quote:

Brutal. His body refused to turn his calories and exertion into LBM. Why? Because it wasn't in his blueprint. His wrists tell the entire story: his gracile frame HATES muscle, all it wants is FAT.

The guy wasn't bulking properly. Everyone will gain muscle without fail. Genetics aren't an excuse. I'm currently sitting at 217lb and around 12% and most would say I have tiny wrists. I don't understand the purpose of this thread? To tell people who aren't predisposed to a certain field to not try? I fail to see the message here...

Quote:Quote:

His wrists tell the entire story

How about these for bitch wrists?

[Image: Pictures-Flex-Wheeler-France-Bodybuildin...ore-97.jpg]

[Image: frank-zane-young.jpg]

That guy you posted either didn't work out, or ate far too many calories to catch up to his workout. Wrists don't have anything to do with it. If anything, small wrists (like I have) make it even harder to put on weight like he did.

I'm pretty sure the guy in OPs pictures is a former forum member...

I think the new and ultimately correct trend with regard to bodybuilding (naturally anyways) are the ideas of "clean bulking" and instinctive eating. When you eat, eat till you're full, but eat clean shit. Still hungry after those two chicken breasts and spinach salad? Eat it again! Coincidentally, you want to eat more when you're lifting so there's not really too much force feeding necessary. In fact, most of the force feeding will be excess anyways. Diet is like lifting, do what you need to maximize your body's response for the day, and nothing more, anything else is excess. With diet, the excess shows up in the form of fat. With lifting, it can be as severe as injury or simply increases in cortisol, which will hurt your progress.

Civilize the mind but make savage the body.

OP was probably a summerfag: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/summerfag

Gonna be a busy summer for the mods. Good thing Tuth is back.

Edit: I'd be curious to see what the ban stats look like by month. The summerfag meme suggests an increase during the summer, relative to other seasons.

^There really is a term for everything. Summerfag, wow.

I think there is a certain type of person who is inclined to fuck up the bulking process by neither getting more muscular nor significantly stronger.

That said, I think the idea of a clean bulk is something of a misnomer personally, although I wouldn't dispute the value more generally of ensuring all of your food sources are good quality and nutritious. For me personally, I can easily get fat eating clean twice a day, just by eating until I'm full. I have a prodigious appetite, and could happily put away 1500+ calories in rice and meat at each meal. Start eating salads with avocado and nuts as a delicious, nutritious side, and it's easy to see how you can very quickly get quite soft.

1. Don't bulk unless you're 15% body fat or leaner (preferably 10-12%).

2. Clean bulk.

3. No more than a 500 calorie surplus.

Otherwise you'll just get fat.

I don't agree with Rippetoe on very many things, but the concept of "GOMAD" is fucking disgusting for everyone involved and is probably one of the worst things he has ever made "popular" or well known.

I remember reading some of his posts where he was bragging about turning skinny kids into fatties. You might as well buy them a pack of cigarettes at that point.

Also, don't blame your wrists for your own lack of effort. Every lifter has pictures of themselves when they, you know, DIDN'T LIFT WEIGHTS and how skinny and frail they looked compared to now.

I graduated highschool at all of 150 lbs, six foot nothing with the bitchiest wrists you have ever seen. I'm still not even that big, but you wouldn't have guessed that I was going anywhere at all judging by my highschool pictures.

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.