rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Mandela Effect

The Mandela Effect

Just came across this. Maybe the most out there conspiracy theory I've read. The name refers to the fact that a substantial number of people recall Nelson Mandela having died in prison in the 1980s. I don't personally recall this timeline, and the fact that he died in 2013 seems to mesh with my memories.

But there are others.

Famous line from the Star Wars franchise: "____, I am your father."

If you guessed "Luke", you're like most of us. Apparently the actual line is "No, I am your father". This has blown minds all over the world, my own among them. Now, an easy explanation is that what people are remembering was pop culture's take on the iconic line, whereby it was changed for context. Personally I only saw that original scene maybe three times, back when I was a kid, so it's easy to believe I like most people misremembered.

But of course there are others. The one that really gets me is the title of a famous children's books series about a family of bears.

I like many people recall the title as The Berenstein Bears, named after the couple who wrote it. But apparently it has always been The Berenstain Bears. I recall Berenstein, as does everyone I've asked.

Then there's the color chatreuse, which I recall being sort of a pink-purple color. In reality it's a yellow-green.

Others: the film "Interview with the vampire" was apparently "Interview with a vampire", and "Sex and the City" was "Sex in the City" (these two, I'm with the official story, and have no memory of them being different)

Anyway the internet says this is all the result of some sort of time travel experiment, someone is tinkering with the fabric of reality.

What say all of you?

The Mandela Effect

Who are these "substantial number of people" that "recall Nelson Mandela having died in prison in the 1980s"? It's the first time I'm hearing this.

It's well documented that our brains fabricate memories, mistaking a letter or a word in a title is not really that serious, I have no idea how time travel gets entangled with this.

The Mandela Effect

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam%27s_razor

The Mandela Effect

The most annoying thing about this is that I actually had a bunch of 'Berenstein Bears' books as a kid and I read the hell out of them. Now I can't find them anywhere. I was damn sure they were spelled that way too, not 'Berenstain'....

The Mandela Effect

High OP avatar to subject matter correlation

[Image: twain%20and%20star%20trek%20cast.jpg]

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage

The Mandela Effect

^^^^

WB Marina Sirtis.

[Image: troi.jpg]

WSC (Would Seriously Consider) even at 59:

[Image: marina-sirtis-net-worth1.jpg]

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

The Mandela Effect

Our brains take many shortcuts that can sometimes lead to incorrect conclusions. This can accidentally (or purposefully) lead to incorrect results.

One example is conspiracy theory nuts who question the moon landing.

the image below is associated with Niel Armstrong's famous moon landing phrase "That's one small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." The "a" is in brackets because although Armstrong intended to say it, it was widely reported afterwords without the "a" included.

[Image: 090716-05-strange-lighting_big.jpg]

So conspiracy nuts will ask, "If that is Armstrong, and he was first, then who was filming???!!!"

Many people believe this image to be of Armstrong because of the constant use of the image in conjunction with the famous words. Of course, that is actually an image of Buzz Aldrin.

I believe these are the kinds of things that can produce this effect.

The Mandela Effect

Quote: (06-10-2016 06:37 PM)Paracelsus Wrote:  

^^^^

WB Marina Sirtis.

I'd love to spend some time on the holodeck with Counselor Troy. That hip/waist ratio wasjust insane.

Of course being a betazoid, she could read your intentions instantly, so indirect game is out. Just go full caveman.

...arrright that's enough dorking out for now.

The Peru Thread
"Feminists exist in a quantum super-state in which they are both simultaneously the victim and the aggressor." - Milo Yiannopoulos

The Mandela Effect

The only conspiracy that matters when it comes to Nelson Mandela.
Was the globalist plan to use a communist / KGB affiliated guerrilla group (the ANC) to undermine a very robust & successful white nation.
Then follow up with social engineering, propaganda & economic sanctions.

Nelson Mandela was in jail for a reason yo! (Terrorist leader).

Not because he was black. Although that didn't help in Apartheid South Africa...

The Mandela Effect

There is a simple reason explaining the differences between our memories of reality and present day realities. In fact our collective memories are actually accurate, even though the evidence we have now seems to be at odds with this.

It comes down to one simple concept ...... alternative realities.

Every rational person knows that there are an infinite amount of alternative realities existing parallel to our own realities, parallel universes if you will.

Take the example of the Berenstein Bears or the Bearenstain Bears. Both exist, but in different dimensions. There could be an infinite number of variations of these in different parallel realities.

In the reality of our childhoods, it is certain that we read the Berenstein Bears and not the Berenstain Bears. However, at some point, the reality in which the Berestein Bears exists somehow merged with the reality in which the Berenstain Bears exists. So although we have real collective memories of the former title from the reality of our childhood, we now inhabit an alternative reality where the latter exists.

It's quite simple when you think about it.

The Mandela Effect

Should probably ask these guys.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFtGRj0ITyehzlH1EyU9L...ejgVYXIYTQ]

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

The Mandela Effect

Quote: (06-11-2016 04:32 AM)Horus Wrote:  

There is a simple reason explaining the differences between our memories of reality and present day realities. In fact our collective memories are actually accurate, even though the evidence we have now seems to be at odds with this.

It comes down to one simple concept ...... alternative realities.

Every rational person knows that there are an infinite amount of alternative realities existing parallel to our own realities, parallel universes if you will.

Take the example of the Berenstein Bears or the Bearenstain Bears. Both exist, but in different dimensions. There could be an infinite number of variations of these in different parallel realities.

In the reality of our childhoods, it is certain that we read the Berenstein Bears and not the Berenstain Bears. However, at some point, the reality in which the Berestein Bears exists somehow merged with the reality in which the Berenstain Bears exists. So although we have real collective memories of the former title from the reality of our childhood, we now inhabit an alternative reality where the latter exists.

It's quite simple when you think about it.

Indeed, but not for the reasons you state, because you're not yet ready to be unplugged. Everyone knows the Mandela Effect happens when They change something.

[Image: latest?cb=20150310222020]

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

The Mandela Effect

"When I first heard about the Mandela Effect I was intrigued because I too had these alternate memories on some of the major effects described. I was a little surprised after getting a bit more into it that so many people blindly believe in an alternate timelines, parallel universes, etc.

The etc. there is a huge problem. I've heard people say things like timelines, parallel universes, multiverse theory, different dimensions, shifting, merging, swapping, you name it. Does anybody actually know what they are actually talking about here? Let's throw a random scientific theory at the wall and hope it sticks?

This all started when Reece (of woodbetweenworlds) made the blog post concerning the Berenstein Bears situation, and as a physicist, stated a theory proposing an alternate universe or timeline switch and in another case mentioned we could all live in our own alternate universe. He then linked this up to the Mandela Effect and here we are. Of course, if you read his thoughts now about it, he states that he doesn't actually believe that, because as he mentions, there is huge flaws in this theory and it simply doesn't work like that in reality. We are also talking about theoretical science here. I guess this hasn't stopped anybody from propagating these ideas. I'll keep this short, but simply re-read his posts and he breaks it down in a way that is understandable.

What I am saying:

The Mandela Effect is a real, observable phenomenon.

What I am saying it is not:

Misremembering something doesn't have anything to do with parallel universes or alternate timelines. There's no proof or evidence that it does. It's an interesting thought of course. But is it really easier to believe that your consciousness and memories carried over to an alternate timeline where things are different, even if you memories are made up of the same matter that effect the changes in the other timeline?

What I am saying it is:

There's a real effect happening, and in each case, there is a reason, a solution to why. Misconceptions are real things, there's a giant Wikipedia article on it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co...onceptions

The Mandela Effect are simply misconceptions that don't seem to have easy or rational solutions. However, some can be debunked easier than others.

Edit: I started a website! It's still pretty early, but check it out and give me some feedback! http://www.debunkingmandelaeffects.com/ "

This is one of the top posts of a community dedicated to the Mandela Effect,
almost 18,000 people:

http://www.reddit.com/r/MandelaEffect/co...t_believe/

The Mandela Effect

^^^ I tried to make it as obvious as possible that I was taking the piss. I failed.

Good post and interesting looking website.

The Mandela Effect

I've taken a brief look at the Mandela effect website. Interesting ideas to take a closer look into.
One Mandela effect memory that is true to me is how I remember the spelling of dilemma actually being dilemna. That's how I'd known this word to be from my school years. Lo and behold, one day you discover that that spelling is incorrect and what's more, in fact IT HAS NEVER BEEN either the correct or the alternative spelling of the word. What could explain this? In fact apparently one in ten google searches of the word dilemma is typed as dilemna. That's more puzzling than if users were making an obvious error such as omitting one 'm'. Especially because dilemma is not a very commonly used word.

A few minutes ago I tested the 'Sex and the city' memory using a friend. I asked her to name the popular series from the 1990s starring Sarah Jessica Parker, whose name starts with the word 'sex'. Her answer was Sex IN the city.

One reddit poster added fuel to the fire. follow these steps - do a Google search and type the words 'sex in' and wait for the auto suggest words to appear. follow the search links.
'sex in the city' redirects to search results for sex and the city but Google doesn't as usual show 'showing results for sex and the city. search instead for sex in the city'.

I'm interested in other RVF'ers opinions?

The Mandela Effect

I'll admit the Berenstain vs Berenstein Bears really through me for a loop and I spent days reading about it.
Quite possibly, I may have just had it wrong all these years. But now, the Sex and The City is another one throwing me off. It seems really weird. Who knows what's possible.

The Mandela Effect

Could Sex and the City and Sex in the City confusion be because in spoken English they both sound extremely similar? If someone says one of those phrases to me at a normal pace, I can't tell the difference and I'm a native English speaker.

You would need to have seen the words written down somewhere to know the correct one, I'm not actually sure which one it is still.

As for the Berenstain bears, couldn't that be the same thing? and the fact that the stein ending to a name is much more common, so it is likely remembered the way? Maybe the font of the books made the 'a' look like an 'e'.

As for 'dilemna', could that be because m and n, look the same so people get confused? Mild dyslexia?

"Especially Roosh offers really good perspectives. But like MW said, at the end of the day, is he one of us?"

- Reciproke, posted on the Roosh V Forum.

The Mandela Effect

Quote: (06-10-2016 06:37 PM)Paracelsus Wrote:  

^^^^

WB Marina Sirtis.

59 years old? Come on over here, grandma. It's time for your titty-fuck.

The Mandela Effect

The only one of these I can really relate to is the Berenstein Bears one. Every single person I've ever mentioned this to remembers it being spelled with the E, rather than the A.

My hypothesis is that changes in a timeline (whether by time travel or some other, unknown means) can have minor "ripple" effects, as with the Berenstain Bears, that aren't directly related to the actual change. The human mind isn't completely "anchored" to time-space, particularly when not yet fully developed. Memories aren't completely modified by a time change because they're not exclusively stored in the physical brain, but shared with a spirit/soul beyond time-space. Theoretically, with the correct tools and psychological techniques such as hypnosis, it may be possible to extract changed/unchanged memories from a subject, and work backwards to discover timeline changes. Pretty sure there's a solid idea for a science fiction novel in there.

The Mandela Effect

Time travel is a more logical explanation than the fact that "stein" is more common of a ending for last names than "stain"? I can never tell if this is all an inside joke or if people really believe this. Kind of like the flat earth society.

The Mandela Effect

Quote: (06-11-2016 04:06 AM)CynicalContrarian Wrote:  

The only conspiracy that matters when it comes to Nelson Mandela.
Was the globalist plan to use a communist / KGB affiliated guerrilla group (the ANC) to undermine a very robust & successful white nation.
Then follow up with social engineering, propaganda & economic sanctions.

Nelson Mandela was in jail for a reason yo! (Terrorist leader).

Not because he was black. Although that didn't help in Apartheid South Africa...

South Africa successful? It ran off handouts from the Dutch and UK.

Arpathied South Africa was no better than the USA colonies when cucked by the British.

For the simple fact of cresting a legal and inclusive framework for All South Africans Mandela was successfull. In taking about larger Marco economic conditions or the inept ANC that is another discussion. But for the task of breaking being cucked by profit seeking Anglo that treated SA like a Club Med he succeeded.

They called George Washington a terrorist and tyrant as well....

The Mandela Effect

Quote: (06-10-2016 07:21 PM)NovaVirtu Wrote:  

I'd love to spend some time on the holodeck with Counselor Troy. That hip/waist ratio wasjust insane.

Of course being a betazoid, she could read your intentions instantly, so indirect game is out. Just go full caveman.

...arrright that's enough dorking out for now.

She was only half betezed so you can do whatever you want. But again, she is 60 now, I'd still wreck her. Thirty years ago, would have fucked and been done in like 10 seconds.

At 60, I'd still bang.

The Mandela Effect

Quote: (09-02-2016 04:44 PM)RedPillUK Wrote:  

As for the Berenstain bears, couldn't that be the same thing? and the fact that the stein ending to a name is much more common, so it is likely remembered the way? Maybe the font of the books made the 'a' look like an 'e'.

Berenstein was pronounced bairn-STEEN, not stain.

It was both a popular children's book and a cartoon, meaning anyone who read/watched them as a kid would have both heard and read their names hundreds of times.

The Mandela Effect

Who says prison doesn't rehabilitate and make right? Mandela spent 27 years in there and didn't re-offend once let out.

The Mandela Effect

Well, well. It all gets more interesting...

[Image: attachment.jpg33324]   

Mother Teresa (26 August 1910 – 5 September 1997) has just been proclaimed a saint by Pope Francis in a ceremony at the Vatican. Tens of thousands of pilgrims attended the canonisation in St Peter's Square.

But quite a few people recall that her canonisation took place many years ago:

Some recall her being named a saint in the 1990s.
Some are sure she was given sainthood while alive.
Some specifically reference Pope John Paul II as the pope who approved the canonization.

http://mandelaeffect.com/mother-teresa-a...nce-again/

What is going on here? Is the Mandela effect plausible or do I need a tin foil hat?

(PS - I too thought she became a saint during her lifetime) [Image: undecided.gif]