rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Gotthard Base Tunnel -- World's Longest Tunnel -- Now Operational In Switzerland

Gotthard Base Tunnel -- World's Longest Tunnel -- Now Operational In Switzerland

[Image: gotthard-03.jpg]

The world's longest tunnel -- which runs under the Alps -- is now fully functional:

Quote:Quote:

GENEVA (AP) — Just like Hannibal in ancient times, Swiss engineers have conquered the Alps.

More than 2,200 years after the commander from the ancient North African civilization of Carthage led his army of elephants and troops over Europe's highest mountain chain, the Swiss have completed another gargantuan task: Burrowing the world's longest railway tunnel under the Swiss Alps to improve European trade and travel.

European dignitaries on Wednesday inaugurated the 57-kilometer (35.4-mile) Gotthard Railway Tunnel, a major engineering achievement deep under the Alps' snow-capped peaks. It took 17 years to build at a cost of 12.2 billion Swiss francs ($12 billion) — but workers kept to a key Swiss tradition and brought the massive project in on time and on budget.

Many tunnels crisscross the Swiss Alps. The Gotthard Pass itself already has two — the first, also for trains, was built in 1882. But the Gotthard base tunnel is a record-setter eclipsing Japan's 53.8-kilometer (33.4-mile) Seikan Tunnel as the world's longest — and it also bores deeper than any other tunnel, running about 2.3 kilometers (1.4 miles) underground at its maximum depth.

The tube bores through the Gotthard massif that includes the 2,500-meter (8,200-foot) Piz Vatgira on the way to Italy. It is part of a broader, multi-tunnel project to shift the haulage of goods from roads to rails amid concerns that heavy trucks are destroying Switzerland's pristine Alpine landscape.

The tunnel's impact will be felt across Europe for decades.

The thoroughfare aims to cut travel times, ease roadway traffic and reduce the air pollution spewed from trucks traveling between Europe's north and south. Set to open for commercial service in December, the two-way tunnel can handle up to 260 freight trains and 65 passenger trains per day.

Swiss planners have dreamed of such a tunnel for decades, and Gotthard's 17 years of construction don't include the many years spent to scope out suitable paths.

Crossing the Alps, the world's longest train tunnel should become operational at the end of 2016. The project consists of two parallel single track tunnels, each of a length of 57 km (35 miles).

Switzerland pulled out all the stops for Wednesday's inauguration. Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany, President Francois Hollande of France and Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi all came to southern Switzerland for an upbeat, glitzy celebration featuring musical bands, dancers and even a theme song for the tunnel.

Under purple neon lights, performers dressed in orange miners' suits and protective helmets danced atop a moving rail car, while others in skimpy outfits feigned wrestling and trapeze artists hung from chains or ropes.

The tunnel runs between the German-speaking Swiss town of Erstfeld in the north to the Italian-speaking town of Bodio in the south, cutting through central Switzerland. The tunnel journey takes about 20 minutes for passenger trains.

Split-screen TV images Wednesday showed two trains in opposite directions entering and leaving the tunnel entrances nearly simultaneously.

The project, funded in part by Swiss taxpayers and fees on trucks, received financial support and industrial know-how from around the European Union. Although Switzerland isn't one of the bloc's 28 members, the EU railway network gets a big boost from this shortcut through the Alps, notably on the route from Germany to Italy.

"The new tunnel fits into the European railway freight corridor, which links Rotterdam and Genoa" — key ports in the Netherlands and Italy, said Swiss President Johann Schneider-Ammann. "Aside from saving time, more merchandise can be carried through the Alps."

A test run by the EU leaders on Wednesday turned into a sort of mini-summit beneath real Alpine summits: Merkel, Renzi, Hollande and Schneider-Ammann sat face-to-face for a ride in first class through the tunnel. A band played Rossini's "William Tell Overture" after they arrived.

Merkel said it was a "wonderful feeling" to be on the train. Though "more than 2,000 meters of rocks" were above, she said she felt a "feeling of security, because I believe in the security of the Swiss civil engineers."

She congratulated the punctual Swiss and noted how costs were kept within targets.

"That's something Germany still needs to strive for," she added

Hollande, host of the U.N. climate change summit held in Paris last year, pointed to the tunnel's environmental benefits.

"You have created a great European infrastructure," Hollande said at the tunnel's southern exit. "It will be able to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, redirect traffic from the road to rail and move passengers and goods faster."

He also used the chance to remind Britons of the unity that the tunnel under the English Channel has brought between Britain and the continent — comments that came just weeks before Britons vote June 23 on whether to stay in the EU or leave.

"More than 20 years ago, a construction was completed between France and the United Kingdom: The Channel Tunnel," Hollande said. "Since then, we are united like never before, and I hope the British remember that when the time comes."

Renzi echoed that connective symbolism, despite the current discord in the EU over how to best handle a surge of migrants from the Middle East, Africa and Asia.

"At a time when some are thinking about building walls ... today Switzerland gives us a beautiful signal about building a tunnel, connecting, and making chances for meeting," Renzi said.

Swiss forces took no chances with security for the inauguration. Almost 2,000 additional Swiss troops were called, helicopters buzzed overhead and air space restrictions were put over the tunnel area.

Short video on the 17 year project:

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

Shame that this great project was first used by a quartet of vermin.

Travel through the Alps just Got Easier.
And what about a tunnel says "connection"? When I think tunnel, I think Anal.

WB, but I'm concerned my dick is too wide and too long.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

Quote: (06-03-2016 01:36 AM)Paracelsus Wrote:  

WB, but I'm concerned my dick is too wide and too long.

[Image: giphy.gif]

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

They had a completely psycho entertainment spectacle as part of the opening ceremony for the tunnel. This is apparently what they felt dignitaries like Merkel would find appropriately symbolic for an occasion like this

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage

That's more women than serviced the men who built it for the past two decased

A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.

A true friend is the most precious of all possessions and the one we take the least thought about acquiring.

The opening ceremony is full of occult symbols that reference satanism, I read somewhere that just the murdering of someone in the end is missing or the open pedophilia.

Watch how the workers March like slaves.

And watch how the 'middle class' is showing degeneration and submitting to the evil.

Also the white veil is a symbol for their blind ignorance towards what's going on around them.

And the goat skulls.. The guy who plays the devil is declared king of the world if I remember correctly.

Especially the portal to the evil is disturbing to me.

In Germany they got the ridiculous media coverage that "racists" thought the show was Inappropriate because the dancers could be ottoman /Turkish so called dervishs..

Noone bats an eye about the rest.. And they called the show typical suiss just because trumpets or horns or whatever these instruments are were used

This tunnel is an amazing illustration how having all the world's wealth and technology is futile if your society is rotten inside.

These people built the biggest tunnel in the world... but in order to use it they first have to humiliate themselves by worshipping a bunch of mental asylum inmates as saints.

What could possibly go wrong?

I think I'll stick to an alpine road populated by patriarchal men and feminine girls. Way more sustainable, even if not obvious at first glance.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Quote: (06-09-2016 12:01 AM)RoastBeefCurtains4Me Wrote:  

They had a completely psycho entertainment spectacle as part of the opening ceremony for the tunnel. This is apparently what they felt dignitaries like Merkel would find appropriately symbolic for an occasion like this

what the shit. That was unnerving. I can also only imagine the bill that some art director was paid to come up with that.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Ok....up until now I thought all this talk of occult symbolism and such was just pure bullshit.
But that video of the opening ceremony man......what the fuck ?!

Compare that to when they built the tunnel under the water from France to the United Kingdom.
How times have changed:

Yeah, Scorp posted about that bizarre ceremony in the Hollywood cult thread. (Our own NovaVirtu also did a podcast about it on his channel.)

Spooky stuff. 20-30 years from now, you'll be hearing all sorts of urban legends, ghost stories, and generally weird shit about this place.

Also no end of jokes about its name. Come on. Gott Hard Tunnel? [Image: lol.gif]

This is the same country that has built the Large Hadron Collider underground.

A device which some say will destroy the earth or even the whole universe if it ever is fully functional.

From Wikipedia:

Quote:Quote:

The Large Hadron Collider (LHC) is the world's largest and most powerful particle collider, the largest, most complex experimental facility ever built, and the largest single machine in the world. It lies in a tunnel 27 kilometres (17 mi) in circumference, as deep as 175 metres (574 ft) beneath the France–Switzerland border near Geneva, Switzerland. The LHC's aim is to allow physicists to test the predictions of different theories of particle physics, high-energy physics and in particular, to further test the properties of the Higgs boson and the large family of new particles predicted by supersymmetric theories, and other unsolved questions of physics, advancing human understanding of physical laws.

The experiments at the Large Hadron Collider sparked fears that the particle collisions might produce doomsday phenomena, involving the production of stable microscopic black holes or the creation of hypothetical particles called strangelets.

Quote: (06-09-2016 10:13 AM)Mercenary Wrote:  

A device which some say will destroy the earth or even the whole universe if it ever is fully functional.

The people who believe this are the same ones that think vaccines cause autism.

Quote: (06-09-2016 10:51 AM)yeppels Wrote:  

Quote: (06-09-2016 10:13 AM)Mercenary Wrote:  

The people who believe this are the same ones that think vaccines cause autism.

AKA Red Pillers?

“Nothing is more useful than to look upon the world as it really is.”

Quote: (06-09-2016 09:05 AM)Dr. Howard Wrote:  

what the shit. That was unnerving. I can also only imagine the bill that some art director was paid to come up with that.

I think all that stuff, while extremely scary, has something to do with Swiss Christmas.

I'm not gonna google it for fear of demons posessing my wireless device, so you guys can. I think that's what's going on with the haystack people and goat man.

I forget if they're the ones that also have the blackface guy Pete around the holidays.

But that is weird. They should have just dressed up as rolexes and pocket knives.

Aloha!

Quote: (06-09-2016 01:37 PM)Kona Wrote:  

Quote: (06-09-2016 09:05 AM)Dr. Howard Wrote:  

I think all that stuff, while extremely scary, has something to do with Swiss Christmas.

I'm not gonna google it for fear of demons posessing my wireless device, so you guys can. I think that's what's going on with the haystack people and goat man.

I forget if they're the ones that also have the blackface guy Pete around the holidays.

But that is weird. They should have just dressed up as rolexes and pocket knives.

Aloha!

Thats the Dutch with the Pete.

Yeah, a lot of that stuff is part of their folklore. Mountain people of Europe have this fascination with Goatmen, its common in Austria too.

The first scary story I heard was of the Goatman when I was a child. Scared the piss out of me, actually.

I believe that goat was an Alpine Ibex.

Quote:Wikipedia Wrote:

The Alpine ibex historically ranged through France, Italy, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Bavaria, Austria and Slovenia. Starting in the early 1500s and with firearms becoming common, the overall population declined due to overexploitation and poaching. The ibex became extinct in Switzerland and Germany by the 18th century, and was extinct in Austria and northeastern Italy by the 19th century. They remained only in and around the adjacent Gran Paradiso and Vanoise Massifs, then both part of the Kingdom of Piedmont. Located in the western Italian Alps and the Maurienne valley in the north eastern French alps, bordering the Vanoise and Gran Paradiso Massif, the park was declared a royal hunting reserve in 1854 by Vittorio Emanuele II.[18]

Ibex were protected from poaching and their numbers increased, reaching 3,020 in 1914. The ibex enjoyed further protection when Gran Paradiso was made into a national park in 1922. Animals from this stock both drifted naturally and were introduced to other areas. By 1976, the number of populations of ibex numbered 104. Today, the total population of Alpine ibex is over 20,000[18] and is considered to be of Least Concern by the IUCN.[1] However, introduced populations of ibex appear to have low genetic diversity.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Quote: (06-09-2016 02:00 PM)Laner Wrote:  

Yeah, a lot of that stuff is part of their folklore. Mountain people of Europe have this fascination with Goatmen, its common in Austria too.

The first scary story I heard was of the Goatman when I was a child. Scared the piss out of me, actually.

Just a little harmless folklore. Nothing Satanic. The Illuminati don't exist:

[Image: leadgottard2.jpg]

[Image: ghottard3.png]

[Image: ghottard4.png]

[Image: ghotthard11.png]

[Image: ghotthard15.png]

http://vigilantcitizen.com/vigilantrepor...lt-ritual/

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Quote: (06-09-2016 03:35 PM)debeguiled Wrote:  

Quote: (06-09-2016 02:00 PM)Laner Wrote:  

Just a little harmless folklore. Nothing Satanic. The Illuminati don't exist:

[Image: leadgottard2.jpg]

[Image: ghottard3.png]

[Image: ghottard4.png]

[Image: ghotthard11.png]

http://vigilantcitizen.com/vigilantrepor...lt-ritual/

Oh yes, not saying this isn't next level haunting. It is.

I just wanted to say that mountain folks of old love this shit, too. Satanic rituals aside.

[Image: krampus1.jpg]

[Image: WEB_krampus_690-824x549.jpg]

[Image: image]

Krampus is one that I could not come to terms with as a child, nor adult.

Krampus is one thing, but the all-seeing eye and egyptian scarab aren't really a part of Swiss folklore.

[Image: ghotthard13-1.png]

[Image: ghotthard16.png]

The green scarab beetle stands for the Egyptian Mysteries initiates in the masonic rituals, as outlined by Manly Hall. This incidentally also is the origin of the Beatles' name.

There is a strong masonic cultural current which runs in the history of Switzerland. The name of the country itself, Schweiz/Suisse, might stem from the ancient sisterhood of Isis (sœur d'Isis => Su-isse, and in German, Schwester Isis => Schweiss). The fact the the French and German names of the country both sound like contractions of sisters of Isis indicates that this lesser knows etymology theory does have some merit.

“Nothing is more useful than to look upon the world as it really is.”

As far as my knowledge goes the word isis is abused by them purposely as the old mystery knowledge and the sisterhood.

Do you know if the sisterhood of the rose is the same or similar?

So I guess it's possible. They place high value on symbolic meanings and converting them towards their use.

Like the Russian concert in Palmyra.. In front of the Baal temple as countermeasures.

For example they planned to rebuild the entrance of the temple in many bigger cities. And as I recall it was for example used for fire sacrifice.

And edit : suisse is their biggest turning point for illegal money or used to be.. So it makes sense.

Crazy images!

There must be some sort of connection with tunneling under the mountains. This has always been a weird territory for humans. The tunnel to Hokkaido also seemed to have had a mysterious connection, and Japan is much further removed from the middle eastern religions.

What is it that creates such obsession with the 'underworld' where tunneling, mountains and demons all go together?

Obviously the title of this video is hysterical.

It does have though some good footage of the ceremony with commentary from broadcasters trying to make it all seem normal. The funny thing is how creepy and loveless the ceremony is.

Even if there is a legitimate folkloric explanation for every element of what's happening, the whole performance has a very inhuman character to it. Even the way the people move is unnatural and robotic.

Wouldn't it make more sense for there to be something celebratory and uplifting about the completion of as big a project as this?

I have no idea whether or not this is something only a Swiss person would understand because of their shared history, or if it is just the idiot expressiveness of a post-modern choreographer with too big a budget. I am not in the "everything is Satanic" camp.

Intuitively, as a basic human being, the emptiness and inhuman nature of this whole pageant creeps me out.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

When they coined the term "degenerate art" 85 years ago, do you think they imagined it on a scale such as this?

This opening ritual is insane.

It's getting harder and harder for people to dismiss this stuff. Angela Merkel, Fracous Hollande and Italian PM Matteo Renzi were all present (and know there had to be Rothchild in the crowd somewhere). Not surpsing they'd be there, given that Switzerland borders their countries, but isn't it interesting these weird spectacles are held where the global elite congregate (this, Bohemian Grove, Rothchild/British Royals masked parties, etc). One can only imagine what's happening at the Bilderberg conference in Dresden right now...

I posted this in the Hollywood/iluminati thread a few days ago but it looks like the thread had died down by then.

I cohost a comedy/conspiracy theory podcast and we posted an episode about this ceremony a few days ago. We make no money off this, it's just something we do for laughs.

Pour yourself a beer, put on a tinfoil hat and enjoy.

The Peru Thread
"Feminists exist in a quantum super-state in which they are both simultaneously the victim and the aggressor." - Milo Yiannopoulos