rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

An essay I wrote on the proper role of women was used against me by the state

About a year ago, Child Protective Services took my daughter (whom I had never met) away from my ex-wife, who was living about 1,600 miles away from me. My ex-wife killed herself a few days later, and I spent the past year fighting to get custody of my kid. It's a very complicated case, and I won't address here every one of the numerous accusations and arguments made by the state for why I'm an unfit parent.

But there's one particular aspect I thought would be worth noting. Last week, at the final hearing of the case, the caseworker quoted from an anti-feminist essay I had posted to my blog. My Filipina wife, shortly before her arrival in the U.S., had sent me a love note describing all the housewifely stuff she was going to do for me when she got here (such as packing my lunch, preparing my morning coffee and work clothes, having morning sex with me, etc.) I used that as the inspiration of a paragraph in the essay on the kind of woman men should look for when choosing a wife. I closed the essay with an exhortation to men to reject women with short hair and other tell-tale signs of feminist influence.

The caseworker, in her testimony, read those portions of my essay into the record. Then the judge gave a long speech on why she was giving permanent custody of my kid to my ex-wife's parents. After giving a bunch of other reasons, eventually she mentioned my essay, and said that my opposition to feminism and to women's being strong and independent raised concerns about my fitness to parent a daughter.

I asked the judge what freedom of speech we have in this country if the essays we post, expressing dissident opinions, can result in our kids being taken away from us. She told me she wasn't there to engage in a debate, and if I wanted to raise First Amendment issues, I could do so on appeal. I replied that this option is only available to those who have the necessary resources. (Unfortunately, I'm neither indigent enough to qualify for court-appointed counsel, nor rich enough to pay five- or six-figure legal fees.)

When the state is my adversary, I generally don't engage in prolonged litigation unless I either have a free court-appointed attorney or a community of supporters behind me. (This is especially true if I face the additional disadvantage of being an out-of-state litigant.) Since in this case, I had neither, I ended up relinquishing my parental rights, which means that I irrevocably waived all my rights to appeal the case.

This case taught me some important lessons about free speech, though. Firstly, these days, there aren't a lot of people willing to defend the right to express politically incorrect speech. From what I hear, the ACLU, for instance, has been taken over by feminists, which is why most of the cases we hear about the ACLU fighting these days involve LGBT rights and other leftist issues. There aren't a lot of people fighting for their political opponents' freedom of expression under the principle of, "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Secondly, there are circumstances that can arise that will make your dissident and supposedly First Amendment-protected opinions fair game for courts to use against you. You generally won't be dragged off to jail, and your kids won't be taken away from you, solely because you openly criticize feminism. However, if the state finds some other excuse to charge you with a crime or to take away your kids, then they can use your publicly-posted comments against you.

For example, under federal law, at sentencing in criminal cases, the court is required to consider "the history and characteristics of the defendant" which can include your public postings. If you're convicted of, say, drug dealing, then the prosecution is free to argue to the judge that your anti-feminist public posts suggest that you're at elevated risk of re-offending in some other way (e.g. by committing rape or domestic violence), and that therefore a lengthier prison sentence is needed "to protect the public from further crimes of the defendant".

Likewise, I've never heard of the state snatching away anyone's kids solely because they posted anti-feminist commentary to the Internet. But my case is proof that, once a CPS case is initiated for other reasons, they don't mind using that commentary as further proof of the defendant's unfitness to parent his child.

The obvious countermeasure against this is to hide behind a pseudonym. If we're all feeling compelled to remain anonymous, though, our opponents surely have an advantage in being able to organize more effectively in the political sphere. For example, neomasculinists have had to cancel in-person meetings when there was a danger of anonymity being compromised. Certain forms of speech, such as YouTube videos, also tend to give clues as to the speaker's identity, so feminists are freer than we are to use those venues to express their views.

It was bad enough when the danger arising from speaking our minds was only that we would get fired from jobs if we got outed. As Roosh pointed out, decreasing one's dependence on any one employer can be a way of mitigating that financial risk. We can still be punished in the civil and criminal courts for expressing our opinions, though. (Even if they say it's not a "punishment," but rather a necessary measure for protecting the public, it still serves to deter the posting of dissident views.)

One of core principles of a constitutional democratic republic is that the majority rules, but the minority still has rights, including the freedom to express dissident opinions in hopes of someday winning the majority over to its point of view. Many manosphere writers have suggested that we would be better off under the rule of a benevolent king. In reality, it's already questionable whether what we have now is a true democratic republic, or an oligarchy ruled over by feminists and other groups that have silenced some of their most vocal critics. So the debate becomes moot, as there may not be any democratic republic for us to abolish.

A third lesson I learned about free speech is that it's usually not easily noticeable when freedom of speech has been abridged. Often, when people are censored, they don't want to speak openly about the censorship, for fear of risking further persecution. (For example, my wife requested that I take down my blog, so that we could cut our losses and move on rather than encountering more trouble in the future because of my writings.) Censorship usually manifests invisibly in the form of essays NOT written or published. As Cato's Letter No. 15 notes:
Quote:Quote:

Freedom of speech is the great bulwark of liberty; they prosper and die together: And it is the terror of traitors and oppressors, and a barrier against them. It produces excellent writers, and encourages men of fine genius. Tacitus tells us, that the Roman commonwealth bred great and numerous authors, who writ with equal boldness and eloquence: But when it was enslaved, those great wits were no more. Postquam bellatum apud Actium; atque omnem potestatem ad unum conferri pacts interfuit, magna illa ingenia cessere. ["After the battle of Actium, when the interests of peace required that all power should be conferred on one man, great geniuses ceased work."] Tyranny had usurped the place of equality, which is the soul of liberty, and destroyed publick courage. The minds of men, terrified by unjust power, degenerated into all the vileness and methods of servitude: Abject sycophancy and blind submission grew the only means of preferment, and indeed of safety; men durst not open their mouths, but to flatter.

Pliny the Younger observes, that this dread of tyranny had such effect, that the Senate, the great Roman Senate, became at last stupid and dumb: Mutam ac sedentariam assentiendi necessitatem. ["Unspoken and fixed necessity to assent."] Hence, says he, our spirit and genius are stupified, broken, and sunk for ever. And in one of his epistles, speaking of the works of his uncle, he makes an apology for eight of them, as not written with the same vigour which was to be found in the rest; for that these eight were written in the reign of Nero, when the spirit of writing was cramped by fear; Dubii sermonis octo scripset sub Nerone β€” cum omne studiorum genus paulo liberius & erectius periculosum servitus fecisset.[/b] ["Under Nero he wrote eight books concerning linguistic problems β€” when tyranny made all free and elevated study dangerous."]

^ Men living in any Western country should carefully read this RaymondKertezc's post, to fully understand the dangers facing them at the hands of SJW Justice system. Most (SJW) judges won't let pass a single un-PC attitude from a Western man. We need to stay vigilant - and if possible, anonymous, which is a shame, for our immediate survival in society.
Still I do hope that a Trump victory would change all that, by means of a wonderful anti-PC domino effect...

Fuck them. Here's what I think, and if they somehow find a way to attack me in the future for it, so be it:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security."

These leftist fuckers have been pulling that elastic band back long enough. Come the day it snaps, people like that judge will have their debts of justice settled.

I asked the judge what freedom of speech we have in this country if the essays we post, expressing dissident opinions, can result in our kids being taken away from us. She told me she wasn't there to engage in a debate, and if I wanted to raise First Amendment issues, I could do so on appeal.

Only a woman judge could look a man fighting for his children in the eye and accuse him of being argumentative for its own sake.

This is unconscionable, and I am sorry you had to go through it. Reframing another person's life to make things easier for yourself is brutal. She is a quietly evil person.

I have had similar conversations with women my whole life, where they say everything they have to say to you, and the minute you start to stand up for yourself, they say,

I don't want to argue about it.

When I read things like this, it makes the whole world look like a Hater's Lounge.

β€œThe greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

I know and have first hand experience that the courts like to give all the resources and children to the female.

But when thats not an option, they hate men so much they would rather burden the grandparents than let a man raise his kids?

What the Fuck?

The family court system is so fucked up.

I wonder what it would take for the the pendulum to swing towards the middle when it comes to rulings such as child support, alimony, etc.

O.P., I'm sorry you had to go through that but I can't say I'm surprised. The court system is notoriously biased against men.

They Call Me Mister Tony, as for what might make a pendulum swing more toward the middle? I don't know what could change the whole system but something you can do on an individual level is make sure you get some dirt on your girl. I don't care if you're "in love" now, you need to protect yourself. Get something on her and keep that information secret. If she ever tries stirring shit up in court, you'll have some evidence of her irresponsibility.

Got pictures of her doing anything illegal? Good. Video? Even better. Anything that could make her look like she's unfit to be a mother will suffice. Shouldn't be too hard to find, girls nowadays are so narcissistic they'll post the dumbest most self-incriminating shit to their social media accounts. Just make sure you keep your nose clean and don't have anything on you or she could do the same to you. Even with a smoking gun on her, you're probably still in for an uphill legal fight. If she has a smoking gun on you, you're toast.

That's fucked up dude.
There has to be a way to fight back against stuff like this. Create an organization that has a treasurer and dues to help out guys like this. He'll I dunno, something ANYTHING that isn't rolling over due to lack of funds or backing. This shit eats me up.