rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The "It's not as bad as you think" thread.

It's not as bad as you think.

We in these circles (manosphere, alt-right, etc.) typically tend have a bit of a negative worldview. The very worst examples of our society are the ones that we are constantly bombarded with, manufacturing outrage is a fat ole cash cow for the media and they'll play you like a fiddle.
Social media, forums (yes this one included), blogs, all point at the most extreme cases of [insert degeneracy here] with flashing neon signs as an example of how shocking the world is. In my experience it most definitely is not a healthy view of reality.

It's good to smack back down to earth every once in awhile and remember that, as Dido sung, "It's not so bad".

As such this thread shall be dedicated to examples of the everyday shining beacons of hope that world is still sane and humanity will continue to thrive.
Post all such examples that you come across here, they can range from;
Personal stories of blokes you just met at the pub talking about solid red-pill game.
Workmates who admit that they love Trump.
Screenshots of comments on "news" stories where the viewers have not swallowed the agenda.
A girl that you slayed last weekend admitting that she loves your dominance/wants to be a housewife etc.
And more!

Keep it positive and remember "It's not so bad".

Here are a few caps of Aussie media outlets trying - but failing - to jam the small, smelly cock of leftist agenda down the throats of average Aussies.

ABC on Merkel being great.
ABC on the Super gender gap.
ABC on transgenders.
SBS on Anzac Day planned attack.
Sydney Morning Herald (SMH) on ABC diversity.
SMH on Muslims living in Australia.

While I'm not sure I agree that it's "Not as bad as [I] think", I do like seeing this pictures and want to see more.

G

When you are down and feel bad, then be glad to be alive. If you are alive and healthy, be glad for this. Be glad that nobody torture you, imprison you, beat you. Be glad that you don't have cancer or any other serious illness. Be glad that you don't fear dangerous or starving. Be glad that the ones you like are still there.

We will stand tall in the sunshine
With the truth upon our side
And if we have to go alone
We'll go alone with pride

For us, these conflicts can be resolved by appeal to the deeply ingrained higher principle embodied in the law, that individuals have the right (within defined limits) to choose how to live. But this Western notion of individualism and tolerance is by no means a conception in all cultures. - Theodore Dalrymple

No matter where you are, remember shit can change, but you must make a big move. Last year, I was living in a basement and partially employed. Now I'm in Asia, have a full-time job and my own apartment. Huge improvement over last year.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

While it is important to be realistic, pragmatic, know and live by the truth, and throttle your personal expectations accordingly, it's also important not to be pessimistic and/or nihilistic.

Every subculture becomes an echo chamber over time. Group thought and meme development take place and people become become blinder followers of a dogma. I see it happen here. A great example is when newbies come in after lurking for a bit or reading ROK - spouting off all of the buzzwords, acronyms, tropes, and dichotomies they have learned from reading manosphere content. Another example is how membership here (especially the less mature and more egotistical) will puff their chests out and shame/degrade many newcomers who are not towing our party line(s). These are all byproducts of any social group. The more righteous the more dogmatic.

One should not let their entire reality be perceived through another group's filter. Instead, one should observe and learn about the world through interaction with different groups and experiences - forming one's own perspective.

People are natural followers, but it is valuable to always seek the truth regardless of your influences. What you do with those truths is up to you.

^ True. I have friends who are game aware but actively despise this website and it's always interesting to hear why they think what they think what they think. They're not bad dudes, in fact, they're guys who would be respected by RVF standards, but they cannot stand roosh or the pick up community. It's always interesting to meet guys like that who are totally redpill in the way they approach the world but totally not us, so to speak.

Helps keep me grounded in reality.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

By nearly all measures, society is far better off than it was 60 years ago.

Violent crime is way down.
Prosperity/standard of living is way up.
Recent technology is amazing and makes everything so much easier.
Pollution is way down.
Smoking is way down.
Healthcare is way better.
Most people work in an office rather than a factory.
People of all races and walks of life are accepted into society.
Powerful nations don't fight each other anymore, and we've likely seen the last ever military draft.

Sure, in the 1950's, it was infinitely easier for a regular guy to lock down a thin, loving, faithful wife. But I certainly wouldn't trade away all the advantages listed above just for that one benefit. Besides, the thin girls of today (scarce as they may be) are hotter than the thin girls of old. When I look at old-timey photos, I rarely see a chick I'd want to bang. Today, on the other hand, thin girls go out looking like this: [Image: banana.gif]

[Image: the-los-angeles-lakers-girls-pose-on-the...id55882547]

Quote: (05-08-2016 10:04 AM)General Stalin Wrote:  

Every subculture becomes an echo chamber over time. Group thought and meme development take place and people become become blinder followers of a dogma.

Amen. And it takes constant vigilance to hold it at bay.

I live in Australia (if you hadn't guessed) and have recently made the transition from 'middle-management' to blue-collar work. What I observe in the men around me in these hard, physical jobs gives me hope for the country.
Not a day goes by that "faggots" aren't cursed and disdain expressed for their popularity in everyday culture.
The attitude towards economic migrants (refugees) is akin in terrorists.
OH&S is sneered about and routinely ignored.
Feminism is a running joke that gets openly mocked.
Different race workmates are referred to, fondly, by their racial nicknames. (i.e. 'Gook' 'Wog')

The average Joe isn't too far away from me, from us and it's a damn refreshing thought.

That being said the biggest problem I see Aussie men having is their attitudes towards wives. The casual slaying and hook-ups in this country are fine, great even, but when we hitch one down we morph into betas. We are a country of blokes that routinely ask wives for permission, shower them with gifts on vagentines day, let them laze off and not keep a proper house.
Among my partnered colleagues I am the only one to have a home-cooked meal everyday for lunch. To have my wife wake up when I do to cook me breakfast, to have dinner ready when I get home. The others scoff and call me "mini-hitler-at-home", it doesn't bother me, it obviously stems from insecurities about their own relationships. When I attempt to bring up what one should expect from a stay-at-home wife or why the mother of you children should have had less than three cocks through her previous to yours, I am shut the fuck down. With time we can change.

Overall I have faith for my country. We can Make Australia Great Again [Image: wink.gif]

Politics and the state of the world often get me angry or depressed, so I find music, video games and daygame useful to get me to forget about the world for a while.

,,Я видел, куда падает солнце!
Оно уходит сквозь постель,
В глубокую щель!"
-Андрей Середа, ,,Улица чужих лиц", 1989 г.

Delete

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Quote: (05-08-2016 06:39 AM)Fortis Wrote:  

No matter where you are, remember shit can change, but you must make a big move. Last year, I was living in a basement and partially employed. Now I'm in Asia, have a full-time job and my own apartment. Huge improvement over last year.

Agreed.

Last year this time, I spent most of my waking hours in a cubicle roughly 1.5 yards/meters by 2 yards/meters. Now, I'm in Poland, living off my investments and working on side hustles, with an early 20s 7 for a girlfriend.

The hard work paid off.

Quote: (05-09-2016 09:02 AM)262 Wrote:  

Quote: (05-08-2016 06:39 AM)Fortis Wrote:  

Agreed.

Last year this time, I spent most of my waking hours in a cubicle roughly 1.5 yards/meters by 2 yards/meters. Now, I'm in Poland, living off my investments and working on side hustles, with an early 20s 7 for a girlfriend.

The hard work paid off.

[Image: highfive.gif]
:fi