rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Downside to foreign women

Man, I love foreign girls, but if there is one thing that kills me is when they don't know english well. It makes picking up hard sometimes. A lot of the shit I'll say to them is clever and sometimes hard to get even if you do speak english, but it makes it ten times harder for them to get when they don't speak english. I've had a lot of times when I would say something clever , sometimes I'm even like, "Damn that one was really good," and the chick will have no idea what I'm talking about. Does anyone else have this problem?

Sounds like you're worried your wit will be wasted - well get used to it, unless you're dating an exact replica of yourself.

I've listened to some comedy and most of it is not funny once you listen to it twice. Thats the same with an interaction - its not there to be recorded and judged according to whether it meets some 'classic' type standard. The most important aspect is spontaneity and vibe. Hence, don't worry if you're meeting some kind of Oscar Wilde standard for witty-ness.

Its all in the little stuff, like making fun of her name etc...

"For the true meaning of victory ask the defeated warrior"

Yeah, I realize this, but there are deffinitely times when they just don't get it at all. I only really go for foreign chicks though because there is an abundance here, so it is bound to happen from time to time. I don't have problems with the ones who speak english well though.

Yeah, I understand this. But some of them clearly just don't get what you are saying when their english is not good. I only go for foreign girls really (almost all Argentine or Brazilian since we have such an abundance), so it happens often to me. It doesn't happen too often with girls who have good english.

On a side note in refference to the making fun of her name, I know a girl whos last name is fumargali. I just found out the other day that gali meas rooster (aka cock) and fumar is smoke in spanish. You can imagine the fun I had with this one.

So learn to speak foreign languages.

Why do you expect everyone to speak English. That's kind of obnoxious.

A good method that I found living in Quebec is to practice whatever foreign language you know (for me French and Spanish). This wins you points on many levels (you can be funny, and gain a sort of cultural rapport.) This can also be a segue into other stories that you might have about traveling, or school etc. If none of these apply go learn a language, you should know more than one, or go travel.

Quote: (02-10-2009 01:54 AM)Brandon E Wrote:  

Man, I love foreign girls, but if there is one thing that kills me is when they don't know english well. It makes picking up hard sometimes. A lot of the shit I'll say to them is clever and sometimes hard to get even if you do speak english, but it makes it ten times harder for them to get when they don't speak english. I've had a lot of times when I would say something clever , sometimes I'm even like, "Damn that one was really good," and the chick will have no idea what I'm talking about. Does anyone else have this problem?

kindof what its like for me while talking to blondes [Image: dodgy.gif]

Quote: (02-10-2009 03:12 PM)Lumiere Wrote:  

So learn to speak foreign languages.

Why do you expect everyone to speak English. That's kind of obnoxious.

I do speak decent Portuguese, but it would be hard for me to pick up a girl speaking Portuguese because I've only been speaking 5 months. Why does everyone assume Americans don't know a second language. That is kind of obnoxious! haha! And also, English IS the most important language in the world last time I checked.

Quote: (02-11-2009 04:01 AM)KCT0673 Wrote:  

Quote: (02-10-2009 01:54 AM)Brandon E Wrote:  

kindof what its like for me while talking to blondes [Image: dodgy.gif]

haha, brilliant

One upside I noticed to hitting on foreign women though is it makes scoring American women easier in my opinion. It seems a lot harder for me to run game on foreign women because a lot of them are more conservative, not as far as hooking up, but as far as crazy life experiences. You know what American girls are all about and you know our culture. I haven't run game on an American girl since New Years Eve, and I ended up scoring her number, had I persude it I'm sure it would have been easy to score her. It just seemed so easy and natural to score the number having delt with foreign girls for over a year.

The real problems kick in past running game. If you're putting a foreign chick in your rotation, you usually spend time with em, other than in between the sheets. Some of the "foreignness" is cute at first, but it gets old, please believe it.

Quote: (02-12-2009 11:24 AM)broken Wrote:  

The real problems kick in past running game. If you're putting a foreign chick in your rotation, you usually spend time with em, other than in between the sheets. Some of the "foreignness" is cute at first, but it gets old, please believe it.

Nah, it doesn't get old man. Maybe you were just with the wrong foreigners. I'd be with a Brazilian girl before an American girl any day.

Also hard to build a solid connection when there are language difficulties.

Quote: (02-14-2009 09:10 PM)Brandon E Wrote:  

Quote: (02-12-2009 11:24 AM)broken Wrote:  

Nah, it doesn't get old man. Maybe you were just with the wrong foreigners. I'd be with a Brazilian girl before an American girl any day.

same with me and british girls.

Try using hand puppets.

Quote: (02-26-2009 01:27 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Also hard to build a solid connection when there are language difficulties.

Deffinitely. A little off this particular subject, but last year I was dating an Argentine girl. We were coming home on the bus and she said something to me which I though she had said she was mad at me. I get kinda frustrated with her, saying, "Why the hell would you be mad at me, we just had a fun night?" Anyways come to find out she was trying to tell me she had to puke. I felt pretty dick for getting mad at her when she was getting sick. But now that I look back at it, it was pretty funny. I still don't really even know what the chick is like beyond the sack really and we dated 4 months. I couldn't even really tell what kind of girl she was because it was so hard to read her because her english was horrible.

Language incompatibility is definitely one issue. I've gotten so used to negging from dealing with American women that I'm disappointed that sarcasm is lost on most foreign girls. But with finesse and creativity you can overcome the lack of language compatibility and still build attraction. Takes more initiative though.

OTOH, inane chick talks are more tolerable and sound way better in a foreign accent or foreign language. Balance.

yes, all the time. It's even harder gaming and pulling good shit out of your ass while gaming in a foreign language.

One thing I find with minor language barriers - where a fluent speaker converses with an able but non-fluent speaker, such as most foreign girls with English - is that it forces you to be more direct, honest and forthright in ways that you would never be with extremely fluent speakers. You lose the ability to make allusions, inflections and undertones, and must instead communicate very directly.

For instance, I would probably not say to an American girl, 'I really enjoy spending time with you and I want to see you again'. But you can pull that with a Polish girl no sweat. I think part of the reason is the language barrier forcing you to be more direct and straightforward.

Check out my occasionally updated travel thread - The Wroclaw Gambit II: Dzięki Bogu - as I prepare to emigrate to Poland.

Quote: (09-22-2013 09:02 PM)aphelion Wrote:  

One thing I find with minor language barriers - where a fluent speaker converses with an able but non-fluent speaker, such as most foreign girls with English - is that it forces you to be more direct, honest and forthright in ways that you would never be with extremely fluent speakers. You lose the ability to make allusions, inflections and undertones, and must instead communicate very directly.

For instance, I would probably not say to an American girl, 'I really enjoy spending time with you and I want to see you again'. But you can pull that with a Polish girl no sweat. I think part of the reason is the language barrier forcing you to be more direct and straightforward.

Well said. It definitely detracts from your usual gameplan but in most instances where the attraction is mutual, the novelty of the situation makes up for the lang barrier.

Quote: (09-22-2013 09:07 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Quote: (09-22-2013 09:02 PM)aphelion Wrote:  

Well said. It definitely detracts from your usual gameplan but in most instances where the attraction is mutual, the novelty of the situation makes up for the lang barrier.

I agree, also it can come off as more honest since sometimes it's hard to find the words to explain something. Also there are advantages, I can say stupid things in Japanese, that will make girls laugh. But on the other hand if a japanese guy said it ,then it wouldn't be as funny. I can be more simple with humor and it will be effective.

^^I do a lot of non-verbals. Like slapping her butt, pinching her cheeks, rubbing her nose, pulling her hair, booty-bumping.

Crosses all languages.

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

There's a subtle difference to what each culture finds funny. So even if you are very fluent in a second language if you don't understand your targets culture, and what they find funny, your wit might be wasted anyway.

That would actually make a nice little e-book/pamphlet. Breaking down what each culture finds funny. I think a true understanding of this, as well as general cultural understanding, would be better than just being able to speak the language.