rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

80s metal thread - yep
0s metal thread - yep
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQM6bkwb...=1https://

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdrYV7WksJ0&hd=1
0s metal thread - yep
Quote: (04-30-2016 12:42 AM)Four_Strong_Winds Wrote:  

Embedded for you.

Am I going to get made fun of for posting big hair 80's glam rock and ballads on here?

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin
0s metal thread - yep
I love hair metal.

It was basically the last time white guys in the mainstream could be unapologetically masculine.

Though maybe Trump, who's an 80s icon himself, may be bringing that back. Would make sense, given all the 80s movie remakes we've seen for the last few years.
0s metal thread - yep
Quote: (04-30-2016 04:37 AM)262 Wrote:  

I love hair metal.

It was basically the last time white guys in the mainstream could be unapologetically masculine.

Though maybe Trump, who's an 80s icon himself, may be bringing that back. Would make sense, given all the 80s movie remakes we've seen for the last few years.
Hair metal gets a bad rap but it was a helluva lot better than the grunge/alternative/pop punk/emo/indie hipster bullshit which has been come to be known as "rock".

Today hip hop is basically the only mainstream genre left where men can display machismo without it becoming a huge controversy; rappers have essentially become the new "rock stars"
0s metal thread - yep
80's metal gets lots of undeserved hate, but the fact is that some extremely talented musicians worked during this era. Dreamy melodies, gritty riffs and male singers hitting higher notes than female sopranos.

Singer in this video later became bassist/songwriter for Marilyn Manson. Talented guy.

This song exemplifies the "80's chord progression"... Sustained distorted D and Csus4 chords, love 'em!

The guitar solo is a real treat (starts around 2:12). One of the rare ones that combine technical flair with melodic beauty.
0s metal thread - yep
Good thread idea.

"Metal" in the 80s, still sounded like music with actual melodies and badass guitar riffs, unlike some modern day metal which is just who can thrash their guitar, bass and drums in the fastest unison and sing about death and destruction.

Here's bands I saw in the 80s in concert:

- One planet orbiting a star. Billions of stars in the galaxy. Billions of galaxies in the universe. Approach.

#BallsWin
0s metal thread - yep
One could even say this song - Ratt's "You Think You're Tough" - was directed at the then-new "strong and independent woman" ™.

Lyrics:

You say it's tough / Having nowhere to go / And no one to meet you baby
You say it's rough / Havin all this to show / And no one to see you maybe
You take a a walk / Don't even stop / When you get to the end / You say "Hey!" (Hey!)
You think you're tough / You handle your own / You call the shots, come on, / No way

[Pre-chorus:]
When you find your own way out / Then you're on your own
When you find there's no way out / You're not alone

[Chorus:]
You think you're tough / Harder than stone
You think you're tough / Your talk's gettin' old
You think you're tough / Harder than stone
You think you're tough
You say you're pro / To push and shove / My foolish love, well maybe
You say your luck / Is runnin' on empty / Don't try and confuse me baby
You take a a walk / Don't even stop / When you get to the end / You say "Hey!" (Hey!)
Just wanna win / Don't wanna lose
If it takes all I've got / I'll give it, will do yeeeeeeeeeah
0s metal thread - yep
This video is hilarious, and rocks, and has a message for spineless dudes who are "Pussywhipped". At fifty seconds you will be grossed out. Steel Panther are an 80's parody band, except they can all really play their instruments, and have amazing comedic timing.

0s metal thread - yep

0s metal thread - yep
Riot underrated 80s metal

0s metal thread - yep
Did someone say Ratt?

“As long as you are going to be thinking anyway, think big.” - Donald J. Trump

"I don't get all the women I want, I get all the women who want me." - David Lee Roth
0s metal thread - yep
This may not be exactly metal, but it is 80's and it does rock...

Contrary to expectations, the AIDS crisis hasn’t yet killed all of the world’s performance artists.

-Jim Goad
0s metal thread - yep
We already have a metal thread. I honestly don't see the purpose on 80's metal / glam having it's own thread.
0s metal thread - yep

0s metal thread - yep
life must have been rough for david coverdale with a hit record and tawny kitaen for a wife [Image: idea.gif]

0s metal thread - yep
Quote: (05-02-2016 10:13 AM)Wreckingball Wrote:  

We already have a metal thread. I honestly don't see the purpose on 80's metal / glam having it's own thread.

Most folks associate "metal" with bands like Megadeth, Pantera, etc (which I also like).

The music in this thread is probably more aptly named, "80s hard rock."
0s metal thread - yep
for some actual metal:

0s metal thread - yep

0s metal thread - yep

"I don't get all the women I want, I get all the women who want me." - David Lee Roth
0s metal thread - yep

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin
0s metal thread - yep
Such a iconic video... as well as a great song. I believe I also posted this song in the "song that describes your life" thread

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
0s metal thread - yep
I'm not a huge fan of the genre, but metal begins and ends with...

MOTORHEAD!

RIP Lemmy.

“Nothing is more useful than to look upon the world as it really is.”
0s metal thread - yep

This one's actually circa '92, but it's Motörhead.

0s metal thread - yep
Metallica, from the time when they were arguably the greatest:

0s metal thread - yep
If we are going to talk Metallica. . .

One of my favorite instrumentals from one of my favorite albums:

A great song from another great album:

Best song by Metallica:

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man