rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Suicide rate for middle-aged women jumps by 63 percent

From 1999 to 2014, the overall suicide rate rose by 24 percent, while the suicide rate for middle-aged women jumped by 63 percent. In particular, white middle-aged women had an increase of 80 percent. U.S. Suicide Rate Surges to a 30-Year High

I wish more data had been provided, such as these women's median ratio of cats to children, but maybe the researchers tried that and found that the large number of divide-by-zero errors crashed their computers.

It seems to me that a normal state of affairs is for men to have a higher suicide rate than women. It is men's role to take on the challenging jobs in society, such as being the ones to approach women, to launch risky business endeavors that could lead to either bankruptcy or being on the Fortune 500 list, etc. while women need only follow a formula (growing their hair long, wearing high heels, etc.) for making themselves look pretty, and marry a successful men who approaches them. They can (and should) do this in their teens or early 20s, after spending their growing-up years learning how to cook, clean, and take care of kids; it doesn't take them years of determined struggle at solving difficult problems to finally reach their prime, as it so often does for men.

In a polygynous system, even most homely women (as long as they adopt a feminine appearance and attitude and have enough self-control to avoid destroying their bodies through overeating, etc.) will be able to find a reasonably successful guy who is willing to keep them around, if not as a first wife, at least as a second or third wife. They can strive to compensate for being plain by making extra efforts to please their guy in the kitchen and the bedroom. Unsuccessful men, on the other hand, will be left without any chick who wants them (for a long-term relationship, anyway), and will have more of a reason to put the barrel in their mouths.

The fact that successful men get to rule women is the privilege that comes with being among those who overcame the odds. The pleasures of owning women (as opposed to just sleeping with various sluts, most of whom one probably doesn't actually like personally) also serve as part of the incentive to put in the work, and take the risks, required to attain both (1) power and (2) the accomplishments that produce confidence, both of which women find attractive. For those men who fail at life, on the other hand, suicide provides an opportunity to at least go out in a blaze of glory, as Cato's Letter No. 56 points out:

Quote:Quote:

Men in extreme pain and agonies do often refuse physick, and the means of preserving their lives, days, weeks, and months longer. Men in lingering and desperate distempers go, uncalled, to mount a breach in a siege, or into the midst of the battle, to meet certain death. Great commanders have done the same, when the day went against them, rather than survive being beaten. Commanders of ships have blown up themselves and their ships, rather than be the prey of the conqueror. Towns besieged, when they could defend themselves no longer, have first burnt their town, then precipitated themselves desperately amongst their enemies, to procure an honourable death and revenge. Even common malefactors often choose to die, rather than discover their accomplices; and always get credit by doing so.

I think many guys like Elliot Rodger, who couldn't stand their miserable lives anymore, have died attempting, in a misguided way, to at least make their deaths count for something. Psychiatrists write it off as mental illness, without analyzing the larger societal problems that are pushing men to that point. Meanwhile, women, having decided to pursue the same strategy men use to make themselves attractive to mates (i.e. pursuing a career) are likely finding that when it fails to bring them results that produce happiness, they too feel the urge to off themselves.

Natural selection at work.

Feminists would only spin this as "see how women suffer under the patriarchy! More rights + freebies"

This is miserable and pitiful. They create a system that draws them ever into misery, with the false illusions that it would make things better for them. Instead all they get is a lonely living mockery of "Sex and the city", and a growing self-hatred and dissatisfaction. In their hubris instead of fixing the problem they further lie to themselves and think "more of this would certainly make thing better"

Ass or cash, nobody rides for free - WestIndiArchie

The fact that it's the NYT and they lead with percentages rather than real numbers tells me clearly that it's an article with an agenda.

Scroll down and you get this graph, which looks like it's broken at first glance:
[Image: cejIY5t.png]

Every single age group of men is far above even the highest female group, except for boys aged 10-14, who still appear to be killing themselves twice as much as the equivalent girls.

Blame the patriarchy?

"I'd hate myself if I had that kind of attitude, if I were that weak." - Arnold

Modern American women spend their prime years chasing men away, then are distraught over being unmarried and alone in their 40s. Less than zero sympathy.

This is one area where I think you guys have jumped the shark. I am currently watching my mother go through menopause at age 50 (she married my dad in her early 20's) and it's been really depressing, watching her mood shift. I wouldn't take this suicide thing as a joke. Seriously, any guy who is decently close to his mother wouldn't laugh at this.

@johnbozzz,

Get her to a anti-aging clinic that specializes in hormone replacement therapy. Menopause is no joke, but there are a lot of ways a woman can minimize the effects. I love my mother, wonderful woman, and have her looking into the option right now.

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Quote: (04-22-2016 09:10 PM)John Michael Kane Wrote:  

@johnbozzz,

Get her to a anti-aging clinic that specializes in hormone replacement therapy. Menopause is no joke, but there are a lot of ways a woman can minimize the effects. I love my mother, wonderful woman, and have her looking into the option right now.

Thanks, I'll look into it.

So, there's a chart that shows the steep rise in (white) women's suicides. If I was the writer of this article, I would think "What other charts might show rising statistics regarding women's lives, and how might they be pertinent?" Here are three:

[Image: womenwork.jpg]

[Image: 2014_30to49_nevermarried.png?w=640&h=474]

[Image: 2E4DF8D700000578-3311906-Graphs_shows_th...020657.jpg]

In less than 50 years, we've dramatically changed the role of what women do, moving them away from what they did for thousands of years (i.e. care for their own kids).

You could present a pretty good argument that society now keeps women from even being women. We raise girls as boys, gear them toward college, push them into sports, and keep them barren* so they can become worker bees to serve the 1 percent, not a wife to the average man.

While men's suicides are still a grave concern, of course, that high a spike in women's suicides tells us something really must be wrong with our society. One reason men kill themselves is lack of support -- few friends or close relatives. For women now to have gone this route must mean we're atomized beyond what I even imagined.

But just what the 1 percent masters and their media lapdogs wanted: It's easy to control and manipulate a bunch of disconnected people scurrying around chasing dollars, as opposed to people who have extended families they can rely on for support.

(PS: Great post, by the way. But I think this thread would be better served in the Everything Else section because it has a lot of general interest.)

* My prediction for the future: The newest trend for Yuppie parents will be sterilizing their daughters at 16, while harvesting and freezing their eggs. Better to make these girls 24/7 wage slaves without the albatross of unwanted pregnancy. When said girl gets to about age 40, then she can get ready to hatch those eggs -- with designer sperm from the 1 percent, of course. The average man's sperm won't do.

The left succeeded to make hell on Earth.

Deus vult!

It would also be interesting in this context to chart the increase in anti-anxiety & antidepressant meds prescribed to women over the years.

Amazing that after 100 years of feminism (in one form or another), and so many of the feminists' goals having been realized in society, you would think that women would be much happier today than they were decades ago. Yet, for some strange reason, the opposite is true.

This isn't bad. It is bad when the current crop of young women in the 20-30 age bracket move up. They're the ones who have indulged themselves in alcohol, random sex, Instagram and social media attention whoring, career pursuits, massive debt, tattoos all over themselves and aggressive attitudes.

I'm probably missing a few but this arms race isn't good for either men or women. A lot of guys aren't getting laid regularly and many women are being led down a path where they deem themselves above most men.

Quote: (04-22-2016 11:24 PM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

So, there's a chart that shows the steep rise in (white) women's suicides. If I was the writer of this article, I would think "What other charts might show rising statistics regarding women's lives, and how might they be pertinent?" Here are three:

[Image: womenwork.jpg]

I find women from the 1950s to about 1970s to be the most attractive. Any country with those kind of working ratios in the year 2016 [Image: pimp.gif]

White middle-aged women had an increase of 80 percent.

These chicks need to realise - "YOLO" works both ways.

YOLO & if they miss their opportunity for traditional marriage, family & kids; nature has no problem throwing them to the junk pile.

The earth spins on...

Off topic slightly, but I would like to prove my hypothesis correct that more suicides occur due to verbal abuse/teasing etc than other issues. For instance, in school they teach "sticks and stones won't break my bones"; however, there seems to be more suicides by young people than places where they don't go by that slogan. For example (not race trolling)it seems You will see white kids committing suicide at higher rates where black kids living in the projects do not have the same rate. I say that violence does solve a lot of problems and if they would punch their bullies just once, the teasing would stop. The black communities with all of its other problems does not suffer from this fate as much as the white community IMHO. All kids get teased, just seems the weaker ones commit suicide thanks to their indoctrination. Just like feminists who feel women can have it all and crash and burn in the end,these kids seem to have it all compared to the kids from poorer areas and yet suffer a terminal fate.

Now back to the thread, just like my aforementioned point, women were being misled by idealists not realists. Not everybody respects the slogan, but everybody respects the punch. (ALA Robert deniro)

We've been preaching on here that feminism is a sham. Women can't have it all. Just like bullies, maybe women should punch back in a figurative sense when around gung ho feminists in that they make it known that they feel happier assuming the traditional female role. Women are sheep as we all know. They don't have the guts to stand up or to stick out amongst the fascist type/aggressive confrontational women in their circles.

Menopause is No joke. However, love from a strong family, children etc. Can help make this period less stressful and pave for a smoother transition to the golden years. Feminisms trade off seems to be weak family units.

Quote: (04-22-2016 11:24 PM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

[Image: 2014_30to49_nevermarried.png?w=640&h=474]

This is fascinating. The never married rate jumps up with still fertile women right around the 2008 great recession and accelerates after that. I don't give a fuck about the stats of women after 40 though since they are largely irrelevant and a social albatross overall.

I'm no economist but I do keep track of stock market trends. This is like the beginning of of the current equities run up right into the massive equities bubble we're in right now.

This could all be coincidence but a small part of me does wonder if all the liberal money printing policies of the fed and easy low interest credit has significantly added to the YOLO type degenerate lifestyles of America's women.

Easy to borrow consumer credit/student loans, low interest rates, stupid money printing, skyrocketing corporate stock and budget coffers, and loose "PR friendly" SJW human resources hiring practices = YOLO.

Antidepressants like Prozac, Paxil, and Zoloft could be a factor in the increase in the suicide rate.

Quote: (04-22-2016 08:17 AM)Benoit Wrote:  

The fact that it's the NYT and they lead with percentages rather than real numbers tells me clearly that it's an article with an agenda.

Scroll down and you get this graph, which looks like it's broken at first glance:
[Image: cejIY5t.png]

Every single age group of men is far above even the highest female group, except for boys aged 10-14, who still appear to be killing themselves twice as much as the equivalent girls.

Blame the patriarchy?

Thank you Benoit for bringing some clear thinking into this thread.

You're exactly right: all talk about percentages rather than absolute numbers is close to meaningless. The numbers (which can be seen in the chart above) show that the suicides rates for both men and women in the middle age group (45-64) have increased by a similar fraction, and the suicide rates for men in this group remain about three times higher than the rates for women.

This phenomenon is part of a general rise in mortality rates for middle aged American whites (both men and women). The reasons for this have been covered at some length in posts here and here and here, as well as in a later thread here. The reason is the epidemic of painkiller overprescription and abuse, particularly in the white lower classes in the US. Among other things, painkiller abuse and addiction is strongly causative of persistent and intense suicidal ideation, and suicides are one of the main mechanisms through which the painkiller abuse epidemic is contributing to a rise in mortality rates in this age cohort. Again, the increases are about equal in both men and women in relative terms, though (in the case of suicides) the overall numbers for men are much much higher than they are for women.

Quote: (04-22-2016 09:01 PM)johnbozzz Wrote:  

This is one area where I think you guys have jumped the shark. I am currently watching my mother go through menopause at age 50 (she married my dad in her early 20's) and it's been really depressing, watching her mood shift. I wouldn't take this suicide thing as a joke. Seriously, any guy who is decently close to his mother wouldn't laugh at this.

Clearly, it's time for a new thread, "what do you guys think about menopause?"

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

Quote: (04-23-2016 08:58 AM)BassPlayaYo Wrote:  

Antidepressants like Prozac, Paxil, and Zoloft could be a factor in the increase in the suicide rate.

I thought that it mostly in young people (teens, early 20s) that those drugs (especially when administered in high doses) tended to have their strongest suicidogenic effects. High-Dose Antidepressants in Youth May Up Risk for Self-Harm

A comprehensive meta-analysis of randomized trial data had previously suggested that suicidal behavior is twice as likely when children and young adults are randomly assigned to antidepressant therapy compared with placebo control participants.

However, according to the same meta-analysis, drug-related risk was not elevated for adults 24 years of age and older.

Quote: (04-23-2016 08:39 AM)tomtud Wrote:  

Menopause is No joke. However, love from a strong family, children etc. Can help make this period less stressful and pave for a smoother transition to the golden years. Feminisms trade off seems to be weak family units.

Agreed. It looks like marriage, children and obedience to the husband are a natural antidepressant for women.